[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>had a great civilization in the past >practically ruled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: AbeAndElum.jpg (661 KB, 728x1024) Image search: [Google]
AbeAndElum.jpg
661 KB, 728x1024
>had a great civilization in the past
>practically ruled their world
>fairly fast and agile
>have a fully working set of arms and legs
>can throw their souls at other creatures to possess them, including sentient races
>their shamans can turn into a pissed off invincible god of destruction when necessary

How the hell were the Mudokons enslaved by a race with no hands again?
>>
the glukkons manipulated the sligs into doing their dirty work.
lot of political/historical satire/social commentary, etc. in this series
>>
>>340390056
>How the hell were the Mudokons enslaved by a race with no hands again?
cybernetics i suppose, also most mudokons are not very bright
>>
File: oddworld-abe-icon.png (79 KB, 416x512) Image search: [Google]
oddworld-abe-icon.png
79 KB, 416x512
>>340390261
This. They are gullible as fuck.

I wonder what the next game is going to be like.
>>
>>340390261
exactly this

>FOLLOW ME
>OKAY

>>340390454
hopefully something new

fresh and tasty was a disgusting disaster
>>
File: ABEFACE_8291.jpg (1 MB, 3852x4200) Image search: [Google]
ABEFACE_8291.jpg
1 MB, 3852x4200
>>340390590

I think they're working on a game called Soulstorm. It seems like a remake of Exodus, in that the story might not be the same, maybe that means they'll add stuff that wasn't there before like the queens of the various species. Or maybe the therapist, since the website mentions Abe meeting a "terrifying new machination."
>>
>>340390056
There's a lot of lore, dude. Glukkons and Mudokons were incredibly close civilizations for many, many centuries. Glukkons started to industrialize while Mudokons remained native to the land.

Eventually Glukkons bought out 'the' queen Slig and started breeding Sligs into war from birth. The Glukkons then essentially stole Sam, who was 'the' Mudokon queen and forced her to breed for slave labor. Mudokons were just outnumbered and out-bred. It wasn't much of a war, ignoring the native rebellions.

Source: I'm autistic.
>>
>>340390693
Sounds interesting. I really hope they stop making bad remakes and just get to continuing the series.

I want to see SligStorm, the idea of a rogue Slig sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>340390590
To say it was a disaster is being pretty dramatic. It didn't nail the atmosphere or aesthetic down so well, but it was a decent attempt.
>>
File: 1456262037736.jpg (25 KB, 296x413) Image search: [Google]
1456262037736.jpg
25 KB, 296x413
>>340393502
>>
Am I the only one who though Exoddus was the best in the series?
>Possess things other than Sligs
>actual quicksaves so you don't need to retry whole sections over and over
>able to talk to multiple Mudokons at once
>bigger and more places to visit
Necrum mines were creepy as fuck, even if the cutscenes revealed spirit Mudokons to be as clutsy as the living.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.