[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there's never a healer or a tank on my team >don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106
File: 1464748628549.png (956 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
1464748628549.png
956 KB, 1200x939
>there's never a healer or a tank on my team
>don't pick healer or tank because fuck you why should I do it and you faggots get a free pass

So is this basically the mentality that most plebs in this game have?
>>
>>340387283
i dont pick healers because im terrible at it and i dont want my team to think they can count on me for heals when i suck
i tank frequently though
>>
It's weird, didn't have a problem being able to play whatever I felt like. Past week or so, most games and I'm the first to choose a non support, no other motherfucker goes support. I played the last 3 games as support guys. But no, it's okay, go Hanzo I guess you fucker.
>>
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 1920x1080
I love being the healer ! Any game ever Val is my favorite healer ever ps4 evolve
>>
>>340387283

Yes, every 15th match or so I will pick based on my mood and not based on what was needed.

With that said 95% of my matches are as a tank or support.
>>
Why don't you post about this in other 10 threads about this shitty mobafps?
>>
>>340387456
Samesies. I bounce between rein, road and zarya. I want to learn how to play lucio, but I always get rekt so hard.
>>
The term i like to use is "Pub shitter"

Or plural "Pub shitters"

All these fuckers gotta roll their main at all times just to suck ass and lose the match for us
>>
>6v6
Of course nobody wants to be the healer or the tank when at least a third of your fucking team is practically required to play a boring class

Healers especially are cancer, in all kinds of games. They're one of the main causes of power creep, they have to be essential enough to team play to justify their existence so the games are usually balanced around playing without one being a severe handicap to the team, and nobody ACTUALLY likes to play as the little sluts so it becomes a competition of who gets to avoid playing the boring class.
>>
File: 1362936310383.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
1362936310383.gif
2 MB, 480x271
>the other team is the same way

quit yer bitchin
>>
There is no point player a healer or tank if your team sucks
You will do a lot more good playing a killing character you are decent with
>>
>>340387283
Yes. I play with guys I know and they still remind me the worst of public matches. Refuse to switch, refuse to play as a team. And when I complain during a stomp they tend to ask why do I want to win all the time...
>>
Usually I try to quickly pick whoever I want to play, then if our team comp ends up fucked up I switch to fix it. So ideally I can get what I want but I'm fine with going healer if no one else will.
>>
>Don't want to play healer
>Don't play healer
>Some random idiot who is just like you but feels self righteous goes to a cantonese meme board and throws a smug fit about it
>At the end of the day none of the 2 played healer but only one bitched
>>
>>340388040

I find the tank is missing a lot more often than the healer
>>
I just play what I want. I found I have significantly more fun with a game full of me playing on my terms than holding the medic gun on some rando because it may or may not boost my chance of a victory screen. That and mercy is super fun to kill.
>>
>go Lucio
>get gold in objective time, healing, and objective kills
What's the problem again?
>>
>play public matchmaking
>in a game marketed towards teenagers, waifu autists and blizzdrone casuals

did you seriously expect competent players in that game? really?
>>
get on your knees and heal then

learn to complain less, it will be for the best
>>
>healer
>tank
my fucking sides
is this still a shooter or a MOBA we're talking about?
>>
It's called the Prisoner's Dilemma, it essentially ensures that without coordination a group of individuals are incentivized to both act against their own self-interest and against the common good by a perceived rational need to protect themselves.
>>
>>340388270
I play d.va but never actually tank as her. It's just fun to slam into a hanzo or widowmaker from behind while they're absorbed in sniping. 90% of the time they're so surprised you can then just left click them to death as they try to run away. I find that surprise slam+left click works really well on anyone that isn't a tank or mei.
>>
I very rarely get on teams that don't have a tank and healer. At the most I queue with one friend and we almost always have two tanks or healers even if we aren't playing those roles
>>
>>340387691
>dead game
>>
>>340387283
>plaing healer is boring, most healers suck ass, not even the serial pusher can fight relyably, wich is a deal breaker for me
>most tanks are slow and teir hit box makes them much more vunerable than lighter heroes

that why
>>
>>340387456

How can you be terrible at it when all you have to do is to stand there as Lucio?
>>
>>340388485

I'm a pretty terrible dva myself

Honestly I rarely get the urge to play offensive heroes, I'm so absorbed in trying to win the match I have to pick some tanky shit to be extremely agressive with (thus roadhog most played)
Or support in the rare case that my team seems like they can do something.

Not good enough at sniping shit to be as effective as to win matches by being a lazy shit standing around behind others taking potshots.
>>
>>340388632
Yes I know ,better the bo3 tho,
>>
>last one to pick, neither tank nor support on team
I play whatever. If someone switches, I'll switch too.
>last one to pick, missing a tank or support
I pick the missing one.
>not the last or second last one to pick
I play whatever. I don't switch even if we end up missing a tank or a support.
>>
>>340388485
D.Va is not a tank, she's a harasser. She's not particularly good at it though, as her mech's weapon has too much spread to hit thin targets like Widow reliably even at close range. Couple that with the slowdown while firing and it's really hard to finish off people.
>>
>>340387283
I always play support with my friends, usually Lucio or Mercy.

Fuck you faggots though, when in randoms I play what ever I want.
>>
File: 1427610565012.jpg (52 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
1427610565012.jpg
52 KB, 354x500
>>340387456
this, I can't handle the pressure of having 5 other people needing me to pump goo into them.
That's why I pick Lucio
>>
Playing as mercy is fun because you decide who on your teams gets an edge and you can let people who bother you die by cutting off healing right as they start getting attacked
>>
File: wallride man.jpg (196 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallride man.jpg
196 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw I enjoy playing the healer

gotta play that jet set radio ost while rocking the gold frog alt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZIej-ZraE
>>
>>340387283
Literally every g ame.
Not just Overwatch.
Not just TF2.
Not just MMOs.

Literally everything.
>>
In my personal opinion I think healer is a harder class to master than anything else cuz it's not just a run and gun average gaming style there more of a challenge
>>
File: 546.jpg (89 KB, 834x547) Image search: [Google]
546.jpg
89 KB, 834x547
>only pick support if we need one (no one picked one.
>my stats look like this
Oh well
>>
>main mercy
>people never try to protect me
>everyone are resistant to turning around and smacking the tracer
>>
>if you play as a tank, you won't have a support
>if you play as a support, you won't have a tank
>>
File: 1464921680686.png (84 KB, 540x397) Image search: [Google]
1464921680686.png
84 KB, 540x397
>>340389085
>it's a "two widows and a hanzo" episode
>>
I've been healing and tanking 90% of the time so far, and even though I enjoy it I wish I could play genji and tracer more often.
>>
>>340387283
I play what I want because I paid 70 fucking Australian dollarydoos for it, if I feel like playing a healer I will play a fucking healer.
>>
File: 1464310036600.png (1 MB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1464310036600.png
1 MB, 919x720
>>340389085
>Be support
>''guys we need a tank, can someone pick a tank?>''OMFG YOU PICK TANK THEN U FAGGOT''
>Be tank
>''guys we need a support, can someone pick a support?
>''OMFG YOU PICK SUPPORT THEN U FAGGOT''
>>
>>340387283
no, its more like.
>no healer or tank.

>play tank.
>people are stupid and dont keep behind you and get killed

>play healer.
>People are stupid and they believe they can take loads of damage and you will be able to heal all of them all the time and make no attempt at all to evade damage, instead they go full Leroy Jenkins because of that and get killed.

then:
>don't pick healer or tank because fuck you why should I do it if you are so stupid to not have one already.
>>
>>340387283
Yup, everyone goes attack heroes for that sweet potg wank.
This happened to me recently
>been playing Mercy for most of the day on pub due to teammates
>Anubis on atrack
>instantly lock Zarya before anyone else gets a chance cause it's a map i do well with her
>4 fucking atrackers and a Hanzo
>they spend the 30 seconds and first wave push demanding everyone else go healer
>eventuallu go Mercy to make them shut up but we lose cause no Tank
>>
>it's yet another Bastion/Torbjorn/Junkrat potg
>>
>>340389278
>playing as reinhart
>get to the point
>team seems to decide now there is a tank there they can fuck off
>mcree/76/junkrat/etc comes around corner, too far to charge
there is literally nothing I can do, I am just fucked
>>
>>340387283
I don't pick a healer because I don't trust you.
I go hard carry 76 and hope you're all smart enough to stand in the heal on your own.
>>
>>340389264

Not my experience at all.

70% of the time its the widowmaker telling people to choose a different class
30% its the mcree/hanzo doing it.
>>
>>340387283
>why should I do it

Because it's fun.
>>
>>340389158
Why does this fucking shit happen so often senpai.
>>
>>340387283
I only play Lucio and Soldier 76.
There always is a healer on my team :^)
>>
File: 1458340374748.png (513 KB, 600x782) Image search: [Google]
1458340374748.png
513 KB, 600x782
>tfw I see an enemy Pharah/Mercy circling above
>>
>friend keeps picking the same hero over and over
>complains when we don't have a healer or tank
Well no fucking shit
>>
>>340389481
Is it really the CoD crowd only wanting to snipe that is doing this, because it happens way too often to be funny anymore.
>>
>just tell team "focus the mercy, not the roadhog"
>they get personally offended and start insulting me

I assume it's just teenagers or little kids or something
>>
>>340389526

Every pussy freshly crawled out of using the AWP for 500 hours in CSGO heads off to enjoy his "skills" now that he has wallhack and a ridiculously precise and quick sniper rifle.

in short, 15 year olds jerking off
>>
>team gets ravaged by Widow, Genji, Hanzo and the like
>nobody switches to Monkey Love to fuck them up
>be Lucio so me switching would remove out only healer
>>
>>340389529
Lucio + mercy + 76 is actually a great combo. The other team will need heavy burst damage to take you out as long as you mostly stick together.
>>
>>340389526
because everyone wants to be le ebin sniper that gets potg and doesn't have to contribute to the team
>>
>>340387283
the only time I don't go healer when we need one is if I've been stuck as healer for several games in a row, as for tank I'll always play one if we need one its usually roadhog
>>
>>340387283
My mentality is that I play games to have fun, and the healers in this game are not fun.

I'd rather lose doing something I enjoy than win while bored with the game.
>>
File: 1462922476168.gif (4 MB, 344x203) Image search: [Google]
1462922476168.gif
4 MB, 344x203
>>340389373
>Yup, everyone goes attack heroes for that sweet potg wank.
This, we had 2 fucking hanzos on our team and still managed to win when I was mercy and rezzed 3 people on the objective on overtime and Hanzo got salty as fuck saying ''omg i killed 4 people with my ultimate why is this shitty mercy getting potg?
>>
>>340389691
snipers rarely get potg unless they get shutdowns
>>
>>340387283
Only betacucks play supports.
>>
File: bastion%20highlight[1].jpg (27 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
bastion%20highlight[1].jpg
27 KB, 594x334
>>340389580
>mfw they dont see me and are closeby
>>
>Attacking on Anubis, one of the worst maps to attack
>2 lock in Widowmaker and refuse to change for the rest of the match
or
>Attacking on a Payload map
>Hanzo AND Widowmaker on my team
>Never see them kill anything on the killfeed
Fuck
>>
Anyone else found Torbjorn to be really good? His turret shreds tracers and acts as a mini-Bastion, his gun has both great range for picking off faraway targets and a shotgun mode for up close, and he can toss armor kits all over the place
>>
>All these crybaby tryhard faggots

I play for fun, get over it. Competetive mode isn't even out yet. You're literally playing casual matches and acting like an angsty child because you lose. Grow up.
>>
File: Cf5zjhXVAAAfqxX.jpg (32 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Cf5zjhXVAAAfqxX.jpg
32 KB, 600x338
>>340389774
and you don't want to be sprawled over the toilet, drenched in the cum of random men as they breed your ass?

What are you, gay?
>>
>>340389728
I had a hanzo on my team that did that to someone.
I don't even know why. the mercy used the rez at the correct time. he was bitching that she didn't wait till ONE more person died for Maximum Theoretical Res Efficiency when she was gonna die herself and it literally stopped their push in its tracks.
I then lost the next game because the mercy rage left and I had to play support instead of killing everyone.
>>
>>340389836
His turret is good but any decent tank (with healing) will shred it.
It has way, way too much HP when Molten Cored though. Maybe reduce it to 600 or something. 800 is over the top.
>>
>>340389875
>losing is fun
Yes, when you lose a hard match not a onesided stomp because the rest of your team is running around like FFA deathmatch
>>
File: 200w_d.gif (141 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
200w_d.gif
141 KB, 200x133
I tend to be a fucking support every time kinda wish people were forced to be a character ftom each class but that's just me
>>
>>340387283
make healer or tank fun and I'll pick it

It's obvious Blizzard fucked up when I'll roll medic in nearly any other team based shooter, but healing in this game is so goddamn boring.
>>
>good widows dominate the game they're in
>good widows tend to be good players
>they switch off when some shitter picks widow too
>there are never good widows on your team as a result
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viOMLXI2Xwc

I wish I was good at the wallride
>>
>>340387283
Everyone wants to be Rikimaru and Clinkz, no one wants to be the guy that makes their plays actually possible. I learned this over a fucking decade ago, I'm sad for you that you're just now learning it. The humorous bit is that it's still taking place on battle.net.
>>
>>340389616
I usually focus the roadhog to charge my ult for free, when its charged i kill the mercy then ult for maximum effect with no HEROES NEVER DIE
>>
>>340390063
I personally think medic in TF2 is way more boring than any of the healing classes in this.
I actually refuse to play medic in that game. I actually play lucio and zenyatta in this game because there's something to them.
>>
>>340390082
>The planets align and the game finally puts you on a half-decent team that knows how to work together
>You only get to play one match before the server reinstances and scrambles everyone up

I find it funny that I queued with 2 of my friends, won 2 games and it took the server over 2 minutes to find us games, as if it was having a hard time trying to match us against a perfect team what would make us lose.
>>
I'm trying to learn healers. Or at least supports. I seem fine with Symmetra and I think I understand how Zenyatta works.

Lucio seems easy enough, but I have one question, when or how should I use his wall ride thing? I don't understand how or when it's useful. It's not like he can use it to get up to high places. Avoidance? Anyone with decent aim is just going to follow you as you wall ride. I don't get its purpose in a practical sense other than meme value.

And maybe it's because I just play pugs, but Mercy is a frustrating experience. Every single fricking time the team separates and I'm trying to fly all over the map to heal retards, who either just die before I can get there because they're way off to the side of someone else/rest of the team, or get healed, and just turn their back and run away from the threat and leave me to die in their place instead of using the healing I'm giving them. Or if the team does stay together, the inevitable flank comes and I get gang raped from behind while either yelling at my team to help or hoping they do turn around and have some map awareness, which is normally not the case.

This problem is enhanced because of Mercy's kit. I get supports aren't supposed to be killing machines, but other supports I feel I can try and hold my own when attacked. With Mercy, because her only offense is a different weapon, the time spent switching in a fast paced FPS like this is a death sentence. What am I doing wrong with her? Or is it normally like this with her or is she for a team of people only?
>>
>>340389875
Winning is fun faggot.
>>
>>340390063
It's not boring when the enemy Winston makes it his personal mission to target you every time he spawns.
It's super annoying when the rest of your team just leaves you to get zapped by harambe dick while they do their own shit.
>>
>>340390242
here's what you can do with the wallride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qytdp4obq9g
>>
>>340390120
this shit isn't hard at all

It's pretty goddamn sad people have to explain this
>>
>>340388763
no not at all
>>
>>340387283
Correct
>>
just pick your toon fast, the rest of the team normally pressure the last person to fill the team's needs
>>
File: sad.jpg (14 KB, 251x245) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
14 KB, 251x245
>>340387283
>tfw see the flaws after 1 week
>tfw shills tricked you

I wish small dicked moot would do something against Shills.
>>
Only dumb gayfucks play support
>>
>>340387956
I play Lucio a lot, and I don't think there's much to it. Not sure what you need help with, but here are some things.

Speed boost is situationally useful, and you only really NEED to use it to get a large portion of your team to the objective quickly (usually at the start of the game), or if you're trying to get back to regroup with them. The rest of the time, it's safe to have your healing aura on.

Anyone in your line of sight is getting your heals, and the number of teammates you're reaching is indicated next to the crosshair. You're not obligated to chase down teammates to heal them, especially if you're attacking, since you should both be headed to the same place. Good players will try to get back to you or go for a pack. Meet people halfway if you don't think it will hurt anything.

When you see that an ally is at critical health, or they're about to take a big hit, use your E. It comes up again in 12 seconds, so err on the side of saving a teammate (or yourself) rather than hanging onto it. If you die, especially with a teammate, use it with speed aura to get back faster.

If the opportunity comes up, you can get environmental kills on maps with pits/cliffs (almost all maps). Don't try to work for those kills, though. You can also use it to survive hairy situations, if you're lucky -- say, if Roadhog hooks you and doesn't shoot you fast enough, or if you see McCree and he hasn't flashbanged you or a teammate yet, you can blast them away and spoil their chance.

You can do decent damage, so shoot people from far away. If you have a Reinhardt, you should hang out behind his shield (no kidding) and prioritize turrets and snipers. Turn around now and then to make sure nobody's sneaking up on you.

On Lijiang Tower and Nepal, certain points have structures on them that you can skate on without falling off. If you're up high enough, the enemy team might not see you, and you can hold the point to give your team a chance to regroup.
>>
How do you feel about people like me who only enjoy, and are only decent at healer characters like Mercy? I play Mercy 95% of the time, the other 5% being Symmetra when we already have a Mercy.

It's bad because sometimes I'm forced to go a damage dealer and I suck at shooting.
>>
File: Matress Actress.jpg (11 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Matress Actress.jpg
11 KB, 210x240
>>340389067

>Want to play Genji
>"We need a healer!"
>No one else goes healer
>We get our shit pushed in
>Switch to Mercy or Lucio based on the team make up
>Keep the team alive and we win
>This happens every time
>My stats are the same
>I just want to play Genji
>>
>>340390082
Widow in your team is always a completely useless fuckwit. Enemy widow kills off all of your team in under 10 seconds.
>>
File: 1465208629388.webm (1 MB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
1465208629388.webm
1 MB, 1536x864
>>340387283
reminder this is """"""""""blizzard e-sport""""""""""
>>
>>340390574
>toon
>>
>no support or tank
>pick hammerboy
>some fuccboi instantly picks mercy and sits on my cock
feels good being a hammerboy
>>
File: eh.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
It's why I try to get good with Zen, that way I can heal and get some kills
>>
File: 1363207864665.jpg (16 KB, 291x298) Image search: [Google]
1363207864665.jpg
16 KB, 291x298
>pick mercy
>dont heal one guy at all because he picked attack hanzo and was a whiny bitch the match before
>proceed to have the best mercy game of my life
>game ends
>guy calls everyone to report me
>he gets laughed out by both teams
>38% damage healed
feels good man
>>
File: 1465293356203.webm (636 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465293356203.webm
636 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: dva2.png (148 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
dva2.png
148 KB, 600x600
>someone complains about no one playing a tank role
>switch to the "tank" that desperately needs a buff to tank effectively to screw with them
>>
Proper etiquette should be

1. Everyone picks what they want
2. Last guy to pick has to be healer if no one else is
3. If he knows he's terrible, he should tell the team so someone else can switch if they'd rather win than avoid healing

But on pubs with randos, you're never going to consistently get proper etiquette. Instead, everyone picks what they want and often picks a double of someone else, refusing to find what class the team is missing.

And since there's no private/community servers, you're subject to the whims of these random idiots and their terribleness.
>>
i always play zen or mercy anyway so
>>
>>340390574
>toon
literally kys my man
>>
Funny, I never really have a problem with having people yell at me or even having people insult me for making suggestions.

Last night we were getting pushed back while trying to stop a payload and a rein was coming. Remembering what I learned from /v/ of all places I calmly spoke to the Bastion on our team and said

"Remember, Bastion. Your turret form can rip through his shield in seconds."

He didn't have voice chat but put down two times: "understood"

I told him "Okay, let's do some damage."

I started buffing him and we waited for rein to come ambling towards us and suddenly within one second he tore that shred apart and then him. I had to laugh at how fast it worked.

Sometimes dudes listen to you, you just can't be talking like you're having a panic attack.
>>
File: 1431237353588.jpg (12 KB, 163x190) Image search: [Google]
1431237353588.jpg
12 KB, 163x190
>team has no tank
>cool i can play some zarya
>next game, team still refuses to pick a tank
>well ok i guess i can play tank again
>next game
>still
>no
>tank
>>
>>340388989
Silver frog is better. His eyes change color.
>>
What if all of those other guys were playing healers in their previous games? Granted, there are tells like the first person on your team locks in Widowmaker. Now that is a lost cause.
>>
File: CcaZyu2UcAA0U4O.png (93 KB, 392x382) Image search: [Google]
CcaZyu2UcAA0U4O.png
93 KB, 392x382
>>340387956
>>340390649

Lucio is also pretty good at providing covering fire and blocking choke points. His wub wub shots travel slow enough that you can spray them into a hallway and stay out of sight.

Your accuracy will take a big hit though, but I've gotten so many people who just rush through a door and end up running directly into my wub wub shots. If you don't kill them, they'll be weak enough for your team to finish them off.
>>
>>340390708
>>340390784
this shit looks dumb but this is only for non-hitscan weapons, and if it weren't like this hanzo would just get dumped on 100% of the time by any widow
>>
File: 0021.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
0021.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>340387283

>Majority of players hate tank / healer
>keep designing games based around them
>>
Does anybody feel liks this week has more normie players? Like people who won't switch or are just straight shit? Last week teams were pretty much even now its just shitshows.
>>
>>340390784
im more worried about that sub 30 fps

what is this guy playing on a fucking toaster?
>>
>>340390737

Really though, that Mercy should be buffing/healing other attackers. You should be able to fend for yourself for a good while until it gets real bad.
>>
File: 20160607_042747.jpg (301 KB, 866x724) Image search: [Google]
20160607_042747.jpg
301 KB, 866x724
Where my supportbros at
>>
File: 1465231806295.png (256 KB, 800x1077) Image search: [Google]
1465231806295.png
256 KB, 800x1077
I always go support since i almost exclusivity play with 2-5 friends when i play and we can coordinate on team speak.

I dont like negro healers design or personality but hes damn fun to play
>>
>>340390979
It's for hitscan weapons too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UU8jqxAiHQ
>>
if I join a game as the last person there's no healer or tank, I'll pick reinhardt and tell my team I'm not coming out of spawn until someone switches to a healer
>>
oh shit
>>
>>340390242
>when or how should I use his wall ride thing?
He can continue skating as long as he touches a difference surface when the last jump ends. This is especially useful on rounded surfaces, since those have a lot of faces that count as unique surfaces. That said, the only times I've gotten use out of it were to climb out of holes I was knocked into, or to stay out of sight/reach when contesting.
>>
File: 1465304855980.webm (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1465304855980.webm
2 MB, 1600x900
>>340390979
>it's ok to have shit tier hitboxes
alright my shill friend reminder blizzcuck think this is OK.
>>
Playing Mercy in solo queue is fucking infuriating.

>healing someone
>they runs around the corner into 4 people on the other team
>cuts line of sight with me
>dies instantly

>healing Winston
>he jumps away from Mei while she is freezing me and leaves me there
>Mei kills me
>he does the healing emote in chat after I die

I can't deal with it. Lucio is okay, though.
>>
>>340390949
The speed of his projectiles fucks me up, I almost never hit non-tanks with it
>>
>>340391010
i am the offense if you're playing reinhardt just to hold right click you're doing it wrong
>>
>>340391041
ok that is just bad
>>
File: 26763748483.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
26763748483.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>340387283
EXACT same shit happens in DOTA 2 and it's why I quit.

>realise barely anyone ever picks supports and even when they do they suck shit at it
>commit myself to learning how to support
>people take advantage of the fact that I'll buy wards when they don't
>eventually just goes full blown 4 carry retard dota every single game and I'm stuck playing a mega poor solo support
>have no fun ever and never appreciated supporting 4 mongolian cunts
>burn the fuck out and quit

This happens to all support players and this is why you barely see any. Thanks, niggers!
>>
>>340391047
Use them up close while abusing your speed and mobility.
>>
>>340389580

>mfw shooting Mercy/Pharah combos out of the sky with Mei

I fucking love being a nigger with Mei.
>>
>>340390191
I like Zenyatta since you can still take part in battles while healing. I've actually gotten a ton of gold medals for combat while playing him, too, while still keeping people alive.
>>
>>340391014
Heals for days.
>>
>>340390928
This.
>>
>>340387283
The level of cancer in this game has skyrocketed in the last few days. Summer, homie, it's here.
>>
>>340391038
shitters seem to have a hard time hitting me when i just ride in circles on the walls in small rooms
>>
>>340387283
Those clapistan servers must be terrible.

I was playing with my m8 who wanted to play mercy and he kept getting her sniped from him by a rando every game.
>>
>>340391041
You really expect that slut to feel that?
>>
>>340390981

>Majority of players hate tank / healer

t, faggy DPS
>>
File: 126px-Funky_Festival.png (39 KB, 126x185) Image search: [Google]
126px-Funky_Festival.png
39 KB, 126x185
>>340390346

Jesus Christ

No wonder he's support

Imagine if he were designed as an assault class
>>
>>340391163
>Riding around on the point with everyone dead in overtime.

Holy shit i have surprised myself with how long i survived.
>>
>>340387283
i love tanking. healing, not so much. but i think that's because i need a lot of practice with it. tanking is good fun as long as you understand which tank to use to help your team
>>
>play roadhog
>dont give a fuck cause you can cover every role other then long distance
>best healing ability every 8 seconds that lets you tank over 800 points of damage and still live
>Best disruption skill that lets you instantly pick off that mercy behind someone
>gun that can fight at both short and Medium distance
>>
File: 1459504117833.jpg (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1459504117833.jpg
36 KB, 720x720
>>340391150
This pretty much think I stop playing quick play till ranked is out and if that is shit I'll drop this game.
>>
>>340391049

You have options for defense and offense. You can do both just like I can do both but I ain't about to pocket a guy who can literally shield himself from damage and take more punishment over the squishy attacker who should be behind your shield shooting others, who I could be buffing the damage of while you're protecting.

Of course saying that and doing is a whole 'nother story, but it should be able to work out like that. Mercy should be able to heal all who's in need of it...until you get too far out of line, that is, then I stop chasing your ass.
>>
This is me. I have most of my hours in Mercy because nobody ever fucking plays support.
>>
>>340391041
actually wait hold the fuck up
how could one shot get blocked by fucking whatever, and the other shot not get blocked in the exact same spot
>>
>tfw your group tries to analyze a loss and what they could have done better when they can't accept the fact that our team comp was shit like picking hanzo over a widowmaker in any scenario
>>
>>340390063
>Zarya Roadhog and Winston arent fun

Reinhardt can be fun if youre on voice comms. you call the shots, tell them what to kill and how to kill each target
>>
>>340391046
If you're frozen to the point where you can't fly away with him then it's too late. He would probably die trying to save you.
>>
>>340387283
I only play genji, widowmaker or hanzo. If you heal or tank you're a fucking cuck that can't aim.
>>
File: pssh.jpg (164 KB, 1721x819) Image search: [Google]
pssh.jpg
164 KB, 1721x819
>>340391187

It's true. But isn't the point of this thread that no one plays these roles? Or is the point that OTHER people should be playing these roles, so op can play faggy dps?
>>
>>340387283
Anybody else wish this game had tdm or ctf?
Payload sucks dick and is not fun.
>>
>>340391274
more like
>play roadhog
>do mediocre damage
>feed ults to the enemy dps all game
>>
>>340391417

I really can't aim, which is EXACTLY why I play nothing but Mercy or Lucio, fuck outta hea'.
>>
>>340391274
Roadhog is prob the best solo hero. I've gotten 5 gold medals on him a few times.
>>
>>340391425
A huge amount of pub shitters play the game like tdm anyway.
>>
>>340391383
hanzo is so useless that I've gotten to the point if I'm solo that I'll grief them if they don't switch
I usually play with at least 2 or 3 other people and we can handle a shitter on our team but if it's just me I don't give a fuck anymore
>>
>>340391432
>feed ults to the enemy dps all game
This is why I don't play roadhog anymore.
I started paying attention to how fucking easily I built ult charge when the enemy team had a roadhog and I fucking love seeing that shit on the enemy team now.
>>
I'm forced to play 90% of my games as tank or support because we have none of that and then I'm fucked because people don't swap to counter the enemy team and I'm the only one who can't swap.
>>
>>340391425
>tdm

No, KOTH is already TDM and the only way to win TDM is to murderball with balanced (or meta) team, so the end result is the same

>>340391432
I know pubs aren't smart enough to realize or care but Roadhog also feeds ult to his Mercy and Zenyata

Most Zens just toss their ball at randoms continuously, but one time I actually got someone to leave it on me as Roadhog while I hooked & cooked plebs, built up his ult very fast and we were able to use it to push

But that almost never happens, just like the Zarya on my team almost never buddies up with me even though I'm playing something complimentary
>>
>>340391516
Nobody ever fucking swaps. The literal core mechanic of the game.
>>
File: 1453446223617.gif (2 MB, 237x300) Image search: [Google]
1453446223617.gif
2 MB, 237x300
>>340391515
>when you're reaper on koth and they're running double roadhog
>mfw I get to hear DINK DINK DINK every time I click m1 and have a full ult after basically every engagement
>>
>>340391417
Funny enough you don't need much aim with the snipers, either.
>>
>>340391548
>tfw zarya-roadhog ult combo
>>
>>340391548
the problem is that the roadhogs themselves are too dumb to realize this
I'll be healing a hog with mercy and he's only like 50% down, then he'll back off and pop his heal for no reason
fucking retards
>>
>>340387283
for what purpose? aside for being sacrificial lambs they are worthless.
>>
>>340391561
this triggers me more than anything.

>enemy team is having an orgy on the payload
>am the only tank or suport so i say in chat someone should use junkrat
>no one switches

but, if you can switch, you should. youve gotta go in with the attitude that you can be that guy. the truth is, no one else will.
>>
Healing Tank (Paladin) class when? Rein may be a Crusader but he's no Paladin
>>
>>340391624
This happens all the time, ill be healing my friend as Zarya and he will go and get a health pack at 3/4 health while im healing which could have been more useful to someone else.
>>
>>340391643
I know you're just memeing to fit in, but the game literally pivots on Mercy ults
>>
>>340391548
>KOTH is TDM

You do know tdm is about who has the most kills? King of the Hill is a object mode you tardo.
>>
>>340391616
the zarya roadhog combo is so fun in pugs.
the enemy team knows they gotta gank the fuck outta roadhog to kill him, so i shield him every time he shows his face, then when he takes a breather i go in and shield myself. constant near full power and raw destruction.
>>
File: IMG_20160207_1647181.jpg (50 KB, 334x338) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_1647181.jpg
50 KB, 334x338
>mfw Zenyatta + Winston ults together
>>
>>340391561
Swapping is fucking retarded. They just need to add bans and lock in picks when the match starts. Not only would this force people to actually think about a composition but it would also alleviate some of the bullshit that is rock paper scissor balancing. I see it every time I pick genji, they swap out for a winston then I swap out, then they swap out and were back to square one. Also last minute switching to all torb/bastion when defending is cancer.
>>
>>340391624
I try to let the Mercy heal me up but sometimes it's too slow for how much damage I'm taking so I have to take a quick sippy rather than die, but then they think I'm just going to self-heal and that they should go fly off
>>
>>340391771
And you can COUNTER Torb/bastion super fucking easy if you are not a complete retard. Even if there is several. That's the point of Overwatch.

The swapping is perfectly fine.
>>
>>340390346
jesus christ

i'm getting this feeling i normally get when I see really skilled people do things
>>
>>340391561
>Nobody ever fucking swaps

Yeah unless they're defending and getting their shit pushed in then suddenly there's 4 bastions.
>>
>>340391515
Good man.

I've noticed that there's a progression of pubstomp characters. First it's bastion, then people learn how to break a turret.

Then it's Mei, and people learn to move as a team or get caught alone.

Then it's Torb, and people master how to bust turrets.

Then it's the Roadhog trap. He puts up AMAZING numbers and doesn't have to rely on his team for anything---but consistently loses the game for his team because he's turbo-charging the enemy ults. "I'm a tank, guys! I have a lot of health! I don't understand why my teams can never push the first point, I guess I'm just too pro for them!

Similarly, if you let a roadhog get low and a mercy healbots him to full, it's over half an ult charge for her. It's INSANE, but most roadhogs suck shit at team play and hit their gas tank every time they're remotely low.
>>
>>340391041
She's underpowered. The autistic nerds on this site will call her OP because she's a sniper. Everyone on this site hates snipers for some gay reason. Meanwhile 4chan seems to love reaper, literally the TOP noob character that you hold the trigger and get kills.
>>
>>340391707
You do know you're a fucking subhuman piece of rancid garbage and that you should fucking kill yourself with your own shoelaces, right?

KOTH may not literally be TDM, but the point was they play nearly the same except pubs will feel encouraged to play it the wrong way because it's TDM

Now please, end yourself, you're an absolute turd of a person that stains everyone and everything around you.
>>
>>340391851
He literally just presses jump how is this skill neo-/v/?
>>
>>340391771
And that's how we get another cancer MOBA
>>
File: 1464866381717.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1464866381717.gif
1 MB, 400x400
>playing support
>>
>>340391771
>lock in picks when the match starts.

That's a terrible idea, some heroes just effortlessly counter others to the point where you'd lose at champ select.

Maybe if they redesigned the entire game, but as it is it's built around people swapping
>>
>>340391890
because I freely admit to being a shitter

I regularly get most time on objective, a positive edr etc as Lucio but I never thought to use his walljump like this
>>
>>340391883
lmao get the fuck out of here
>>
Would 1 Hero limit save the game?
http://www.planetoverwatch.org/13-overwatch-tier-list-and-hero-meta-report-1-hero-limit-and-you
>>
>>340391867

I need to point that out next time I play as Mercy.
>>
File: 1451238702217.png (13 KB, 95x96) Image search: [Google]
1451238702217.png
13 KB, 95x96
>Its a reinhardt keeps trying to pin people and ends up dying episode
>>
>>340391771
>lock in and bans
Please no.
A better alternative would be 2 switches per game per player. That stops swap spam and forces people to think about what they're playing. But swapping all game anyway is fine, if you've forced a swap you've forced the other 5 people on the team to change how they play. If you can capitalize on that then you can win.

>>340391856
Then one person switches to genji and counters all of them with one button. Get good.
>>
File: 1383849163001.gif (156 KB, 174x200) Image search: [Google]
1383849163001.gif
156 KB, 174x200
When are there going to be more game modes? I'll be bored with this game in a month if there is only three and a half things to do.
>>
>no tanks
>no support
>no fucks given by team

I'm sure team comp isn't even important for plebian games anyway though.
>>
>>340391990

Not him, but be honest: have you ever seen this happen. Like, ever. Is anyone smart enough to do this?
>>
>>340391890
"Skillful" is a fucking useless word because any retard like yourself will claim that the best player in the world isn't skillful, everyone else just sucks, so let's just drop the word "skillful" and instead say the Lucio in that clip is demonstrating knowledge of the map, knowledge of the character's abilities, timing, positioning, and other things you don't know a fucking thing about because you're a low MMR pile of dogshit who doesn't fucking belong here.

Now please, you're a cancer on this place and you need to kill yourself.
>>
>>340391883
Spotted the console player.

Widow is incredibly strong in the hands of an experienced player on PC. Console controls are shit for fps, so this isn't the same issue.

Personally, I fucking love playing widow. I'm the only one in my group that can shoot for shit, so I always get slotted into widow when it's called for. With a decent team, widow is the hammer that smashes the enemy team. The rest of the team is there to keep them busy and mop up the stragglers.
>>
>>340391948
Found the 600000lb neckbeard nerd that uses all the gay as fuck OP heroes like bastion, reaper, roadhog
>>
File: 1430623103863.png (204 KB, 3952x4200) Image search: [Google]
1430623103863.png
204 KB, 3952x4200
>>340391885
>nearly the same
>one is a object mode where you need to stay on the object
>one is a mode where you run around and kill people
>they play the same
don't be mad cuck.
>>
>>340391990
the only way genji kills bastion is if im literally brain dead and hold M1 through their reflect. silly kids think genji is the end all counter for bastion.
>>
>>340389278
>play tank
>people are stupid and dont keep behind you and get killed
Holy fuck every time this, why does no one stay together and push as a team. Why does no one want to win this motherfucking video game
>>
>>340388882
This

I used to play very frequently. She had like 10 hours played in beta for me because I enjoyed it

Come launch till now - I have 1 hour on her. There's just so many better harassment type characters and most of them are as mobile as her anyway. They all do better damage too
>>
>>340392063
damnit ive been found out
>>
>>340389836
no

widow, hanzo, mccree, winston and phara shit all over him and his baby turrets
>>
>>340392053
lul you're triggered mate.
>>
>worrying about team comp or winrate

Ranked and league play isn't even out. Play who you want and stop worrying about winning and losing
>>
>>340392087

Yeah that Tracer is better than I gave the cunt credit for.
>>
how the FUCK do I win koth on linjiang towers on the map with the circle in the room.

I've literally only won once on there.
>>
>>340392045
Not often but when it happen its usually a win.

>>340392084
>implying bastion players aren't braindead by default
If you want some more counters:
>Pharah force grenade
>Zarya
>Mei
>Junkrat
>DVA
>Any decent flank
>>
File: 1465337671679.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465337671679.gif
1 MB, 400x400
>>340391929
>>
>>340392087
She's still pretty good if you work in a pair with another Dva as a point rush on a map with a strong flank like volskaya.

Rush the side, one Dva jumps on the defensive widow or torb turret if there is one, the other locks down the point.

Done right, you'll force the defenders at the gate to pull back, and most of the time this results in enough chaos to let the rest of your team crush through them to the point, and with the length of the run for defenders, you've pretty much got point A.
>>
>>340392085

Because K/D is what matters to them, not objectives.
>>
>>340391771
>how to ruin a good game: the post
>>
>pick Mei
>Enemies start bitching in chat
>Always focus the ones who are bitching
>Now I do this every game

Help me /v/ I've become a Mei main

Have these people never played tf2? This is the Pyro all over again
>>
>>340391952
Put it in ranked, but not quick play. Sometimes it's fun to roll a team full of Winstons.
>>
>>340388461
It's a combination of the two.
>>
Healing in this game is a shit shoot. Tanking is fun though.
The two objectives i can consistenly enjoy are:

Area denial: torb, junkrat, widowmaker, bastion, symmetra

Disrupting enemy team: Winston, Dva, Reaper, Tracer

If i don't pick the roles needed to win the game I'm not gonna complain or ask others to. I play for fun
>>
File: 6583456456.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
6583456456.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>pick my character first
>we end up with no support or tank
>switch to healer
>still no tank
>get steamrolled by reinhardt+team
>still no tank
I always switch when we're missing a role, but the amount of people who don't switch at all in a single game is alarming.
>>
>>340392279
Why should I do that when I can just 2 shot the turret as pharah?
Or walk in as Mr Not Important and shotgun it to death?

Both end in me not playing a character who is a terrible tank and a mediocre back line diving character.
>>
>>340392231
Lucio. Wallride for daaaaaaaays
Winston's also strong there.
Reaper if the other team's got a roadhog or winston. Ults all over the place.
76 isn't a bad pick if you can aim.
Or just junkrat and spam the shit out of the point.
>>
>another Overshill thread
Because 23 wasn't enough, right?
>>
>join game
>myself and one other hasn't chosen yet
>see we have no tank or support
>i go rein/roadhog/lucio/mercy
>they go tracer/widowmaker/hanzo
>>
>>340391771
Fuck yes what this game totally needs is another 5 minute period of not-gameplay to extend the amount of time it takes to actually play the 10 minute games even further, thank you you're such a genius.
>>
>>340389959
Molten Core means that you either get someone to shut down the turret for the time being or you avoid LoS. Then you get someone to pop it open when it goes back down to Lv2.
>>
i paid my own money for the game so i can play whoever i want. i'm not gonna be forced to play characters i find boring. sorry.
>>
>>340389602
Widowmaker removed when?
>>
>>340392602
hope you find losing fun then
>>
I pick both equally but the other role is rarely filled so I'm healing or tanking for a bunch of mcree/genjis

Hard to get into this game without people to play with but I don't have any friends.
>>
>>340392408
Because it takes three shots as pharah, and if the defending widow isn't terrible, she's going to destroy you before you can make any progress, and the torb'll just rebuild.

Reaper similarly will get eaten by a sniper that's not wearing blinders. He's loud as fuck when he's stomping around and his voice lines when he teleports.

Double Dva rush takes eight fully charged widow shots to stop, and can crush a torb turret without an issue. She's not amazing, but she's got situational utility.
>>
>>340392602
I paid my own money too, so i am free to grief and troll in your matches if i feel like it.
>>
>>340392602
>I don't understand how the game works
the post
>>
>>340391047

You can threaten an area with it and suppress squishies. You don't have to hit every time just enough to threaten. If they don't have their own Lucio they'll eventually need to run off to heal which gives your teammates time to regroup/advance

RMB is also excellent for pushing people off the point/disorienting them.You can sometimes sneak that last bit of capture bar in by RMB'ing someone off the point.

Best support or best support?
>>
File: 1465300507936.jpg (36 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
1465300507936.jpg
36 KB, 500x504
>healer switches to assault 15 seconds in
>tell someone to go healer instead wasting slots on assault if we want to win
>why don't you go heal then :)
>i'm the tank
>>
>>340389071
because it's stupidly hard to kill her
>>
File: 1464375175959.jpg (21 KB, 130x184) Image search: [Google]
1464375175959.jpg
21 KB, 130x184
Why even bother with any team comp when Soldier 76 is literally the only comp you need?

I have a group and we've gone on streaks where we just all pick 76 and we've never lost, and it's not just a tight win or any kind of even fight, we fucking decimate and embarrass these fucks. But it isn't their fault, 6 of him is just stupidly broken, he heals he does stupid damage at any range and he's faster than anyone else in the game.

People who cry over team composition need to go back to the ASSFAGGOTS they love so much, just play whatever fucking hero you want because that hero is probably broken in their own way it's better than being "forced" to pick a healer and sucking dick anyway.
>>
File: oldslut.jpg (143 KB, 413x412) Image search: [Google]
oldslut.jpg
143 KB, 413x412
>tfw you win without a healer
>>
>>340392602
>I paid my own money for this gun so i can shoot whoever i want. i'm not gonna be forced to holster my gun i find it boring
>>
>>340392602
My group had someone like you. Played 16 hours of roadhog before he realized that winning as a team was more fun than losing and getting big individual numbers.
>>
>>340390989
Yes, it's gotten worse.
>>
>>340392618
>>340392659
>>340392668
>>340392738
>>340392747
t. entitled faggots
>>
>>340390120
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
>>
My win rate will be 50% either way, so I just play whatever I want.
>>
>>340392738
Stick to food analogies you dumb sandwich artist.
>>
File: enough.jpg (42 KB, 400x458) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
42 KB, 400x458
>>340392704
>ASSFAGGOTS
>muh normie friends
reddit please leave.
>>
File: 1463392448365.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1463392448365.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>340392704
Your plan only works on retarded groups and pugs.
>>
>>340390812
nothing wrong with doubles, or even more. Go 5 Winston on Kings Row and you'll see
>>
>>340392693
Don't forget that he allows nearly anyone to deal with mei

A rmb will put her out far enough that she won't be able to get the freeze and will either have to iceblock, flee, or die
It also cancels out a reinhardt charge

I actually disagree with the previous anon about the auras, speed aura makes you an absolute bitch and a half to hit, so it should be used before the damage starts coming onto your team, or if you need to dodge

if you don't have ult up, then it can save some people from a junkrat tire by allowing them to get the fuck out (because you cannot kill the tire with your pea shooter and god knows your allies won't)

Also remember
against a winston
rmb->speed to get some distance while shooting at him->switch to heal to heal off jump damage, repeat

You are basically immune to winstons
>>
If I owned Overwatch I would probably only play support.
>>
>>340392281
but but but but but, winning is so fun
>>
>>340390625
If only the game was offered for free for a week before it was released, allowing you to make informed decisions
>>
File: 1465372917572.png (141 KB, 564x387) Image search: [Google]
1465372917572.png
141 KB, 564x387
>>340387283
Yep, pretty much.
You also get those that say flimsy excuses like oh im afraid what random people online that I'm playing with might think or the I'm not good as a healer, like it's rocket science.
If you can shoot a gun and get kills, you can heal, you're not just magical good at things, you need to learn thing at some point to be good at it.

if you've never played a shooter, are you just going to say, I don't know how to play so I guess I'll drop shooters? No ones buying your bullshit excuses.
>>
>>340387283
>Pick healer.
>do everything I can to not die
>team doesn't give a fuck about me
>but they demand heals
welp.
>>
>>340392704
i've done this before a few times just with randoms

6 soldiers is stupidly powerful
>>
>>340388461
>he's so narrow minded he doesn't think shooters can have rpg element

Did you just wake up from a 20 year nap?
>>
>>340392832
Show me another comp with 100% anal decimation rate, faggot.

""""""Composition"""""" in this game is a joke, it's all ""skill"" based, having the last two useless fucks on your team pick a tank and healer isn't going to make them good players.
>>
>>340388263
At least he's trying.
>>
>>340392776
>>340392776
>entitled faggots

>>i paid my own money for the game so i can play whoever i want. i'm not gonna be forced to play characters i find boring. sorry.

How is your own post less entitled than this:
>I paid my own money too, so i am free to grief and troll in your matches if i feel like it.

Its basically the same.
Its pretty egoistic and entitled to pick just whatever you want if you enter a team game.
Might as well play a 1v1 game like starcraft or street fighter.
>>
>>340392973
>Show me another comp with 100% anal decimation rate
6Torb LMAO
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.