[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is nobody writing about this game? I'm still having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
Why is nobody writing about this game?
I'm still having a real blast with it and didn't even finish the story to this day. (I'm waiting for a visit from my brother, then we'll play it together)

Also: BEST OST coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
>>
Also: I have the complete soundtrack here on my hdd. Where should i upload it? I heard mega is shit these days
>>
everyone finished it and/or moved on to complaining about overwatch
>>
>>340385432
Yeah ok... what about snapmap? I'm gonna play again for a bit today. Any gems? Any news?
>>
>>340385276
Because the modding is limited and because it is okay, no amazing.
Because people were either shitting on it or hyping it to high heaven, and really there is not a lot to be said.

It is better than average, certainly not groundbreaking and that's it.

Much the same way Duke Nukem Forever could never live up to expectations, a new Doom is never going to have the same resounding impact as the original.
>>
File: kvDzO9w[1].jpg (69 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
kvDzO9w[1].jpg
69 KB, 581x542
TOOT
>>
File: KlRk5I6[1].png (563 KB, 481x556) Image search: [Google]
KlRk5I6[1].png
563 KB, 481x556
>>340385374
Really? Nobody interested in this masterpiece Soundtrack?
>>
>>340386492
I thought mega ain't that bad, what happened?
>>
>>340385276
It's pretty fucking fantastic but Overwatch is the meme game at the moment that everybody wants to talk about.
>>
>>340386670

The last upload of the soundtrack in that site got deleted.

However, trying again in Mega shouldn't be bad i guess.

>>340385494

Can't find anything in Snapmap that I like. I'm still playing SP though. Shit's fun.
>>
File: touching demons.png (74 KB, 392x86) Image search: [Google]
touching demons.png
74 KB, 392x86
>>340385276
It's beautiful
>>
>>340385276
Single player was decent, but really could've been better. I keep seeing people say it has nonlinear level design like the originals, yet thats not what I experienced throughout most of my playthrough. Even with the keys, A lot of the exploration is limited solely on finding secrets. I get locked into rooms frequently and have to fight a horde in order to unlock the main path again. And in the later levels, the earlier areas of a level actually gets blocked off, so you cant even backtrack to see if you missed a secret or useful item.

>inb4 someone posts a screen of the automap with multiple different floors overlapping eachother
I've looked at the automap in game, myself. If you actually look at the different floors, you'll notice its still a linear path through each of them.
>>
>>340387873
That's pretty romantic.
>>
I knew this over-hyped shit wouldn't have any sort of lasting appeal.

Meanwhile I'm still getting enjoyment out of the original Doom, who wins?
>>
>>340388036

That and I really didn't like that they had checkpoints instead of free saving. There's a lot they can improve on but at least, in SP, it's a good start.
>>
File: frog.jpg (14 KB, 227x160) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
14 KB, 227x160
>>340385276
It's a frog mech suit. Look at the chest and you see a frog smiling.

Also the game is barely talked about because it's a B+ game. It's great, no one can find any hard flaws to argue about, but it's not ground breaking enough to be talked about either. Everyone just kind of agrees that it's a good game and moves on.
>>
>>340387827
okay, here you anons go

https://mega.nz/#!EhIyzKTZ
>>
>>340389105
>https://mega.nz/#!EhIyzKTZ

oh sorry, my fault.
Here is the right one WITH Crypto-Key
https://mega.nz/#!EhIyzKTZ!YUT1jxbBQzig_fkz1TsU0eSkzKS9z93TbkAobDIYYyM
>>
>please talk about the game i beg you
What is there to talk about? The lack of mod support and limited map geometry? The okay campaign that's only notable for meeting the minimum of what an FPS should be?
>>
>>340385494
if you're playing on PC, then snapmap is dead as can be; modders hate it too much to even attempt to use it (and those that did were disappointed)

I tried out snapmap the other day, half of the popular maps are just wave based, which was fine, but when I searched for players, it searched for exactly one second, found that NO ONE was playing and decided I was hosting the server every time
no matter what map I picked this happened

they shouldn't have based the snapmap gameplay off of the multiplayer; 2 weapon limit, slower move speed, no runes or gun upgrades makes the whole thing hard to like
>>
>>340389175

Thanks, anon!

>>340389416

No wonder things felt limited as fuck the first time I tried it.
>>
>>340389416
I'm still hoping for several updates. But you're right. Snapmap Multiplayer is kinda dead
>>
What happened to all demons simply being scattered around levels? Who thought LOCKDOWN IN EFFECT should be in a DOOM game? Are monster closets too videogamey?
>>
>>340386492
>generic-as-fuck metal mixed with some skrillex-tier wubstep
>masterpiece
>>
>>340389917
It feels like they had a hard time just going with either
>>
>>340388179
The one with proper mod support, of course
>>
File: 1449932263179.jpg (796 KB, 3488x2156) Image search: [Google]
1449932263179.jpg
796 KB, 3488x2156
>>340385276
Because it's a piece of shit and only autistic sperglords are trying to keep it relevant. It's dead and shit, kill yourself fucking casual "le xd so brutal lol executing demens xddd OMG MUH SOUNDTRACK". Fucking zenimax shills going at full force.
>>
>>340389756
Shifting walls and floors are too advanced for the cutting-edge id Tech 6 engine
>>
>>340385276
Snapmap is a steaming pile of shit. You can hardly do anything interesting with it. Hell, even if you take source ports out of the equation, vanilla doom 1&2 allowed enough freedom with mapping to create bigger and more detailed maps than the official maps. Just look at Suspended In Dusk or BTSX.
>>
>>340385276
are you fags still getting paid?
>>
>>340385276
Would've preferred a more raw rock/metal soundtrack. Industrial rock was more a quake thing.
>>
>>340390842
too advanced for most engines. serious sam 3 didn't have them, either
>>
>>340392827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU0oa4lVaZI something like this would've been cool.
>>
>>340393284
Nah, developers just have a shallow understanding of what made old school shooters great so they overlook that aspect of Doom and don't implement it in their games. Romero recently demonstrated how much shifting floors and walls adds to level design in his recent E1M4b map, and he says that Blackroom will have that kind of gameplay.
>>
File: 1465218103263.jpg (143 KB, 646x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465218103263.jpg
143 KB, 646x1024
>>340389917

This is odd considering the composer did a great job on some tracks in Killer Instinct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1r-B0cDC9Y

Most of his work seems to shift more towards Djent Metal with some electronic undertones. But the Doom soundtrack was certainly underwhelming.
>>
>>340392827

I certainly agree that Doom felt more like a heavy/trash/death metal kind of game while Quake is more the dark ambient/industrial rock type of game. The original Doom borrowed a few passages and riffs from well known metal and rock bands around that time. I'm not really feeling the Djent kind of thing going on in D44M.

The game itself is solid (singleplayer) but the music is so bland and barely gives me any "hype" feeling. Mick Gordon can do far better, it's like Bethesda wanted the music to be as boring as possible.
>>
>>340389756
Because mowing down imps while walking though corridors is so much better than a properly designed room.
>>
>>340389917
You dense fucking bitch
>>
>>340385276
Because there's nothing controversial about it, so there's nothing to talk about. It's a good game, what else is there to say?
>>
>>340385494
What about snabmap? Who carebears?
>>
>>340385276
Everyone already beat it.
Since it has no mods and SnapMap is extremely limited, there's nothing to really talk about.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.