[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 15
File: Ridley_Revealed_in_SSB4.png (1 MB, 1365x768) Image search: [Google]
Ridley_Revealed_in_SSB4.png
1 MB, 1365x768
>"I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer. It’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely. Instead of going through a lot of very convoluted hocus-pocus to make Ridley a fighter, I figured it’d be better to keep Ridley as it currently is, the correct way, and have it feel like a truly threatening presence."

It's funny how Sakurai will fuck around with other characters and make them as OOC as he pleases, including making Power Suit Samus complete and utter shit compared to her with no armor, but making Ridley smaller is somehow beyond the ability of mere mortals and limiting his flight capabilities and power level, something already done with the Kirby Trio and Charizard, somehow makes him not Ridley anymore. And then he goes ahead and makes him OOC anyways by having him ally with whoever beats him up the most INCLUDING HIS NEMESIS, and also makes him the absolute worst stage gimmick in the entire Smash Bros series.

Sakurai, you already fucked up Ganondorf and shown you didn't care about keeping the characters true to their canon versions no matter how many times you claim you do, just shrink Ridley already and put him on the roster.
>>
File: Ridley.jpg (2 MB, 947x6465) Image search: [Google]
Ridley.jpg
2 MB, 947x6465
LOL
>>
>>340365289
Have you considered that no one but autists care about winged barney?
>>
>>340365289
Who gives a fuck. Sakurai is inconsistent and changes his mind on things all the time. He just doesn't want Ridley in Smash and that's that, doesn't matter if he still has the same reasoning by Smash 5 or not.
>>
>>340365435
No one cares about half the roster already in, but there they are.
>>
>>340365435
>Winged Barney
Shouldn't you be playing Splatoon or seeking out cropped images anon?
>>
>>340365583
yea so that means we don't need any more characters that no sane individual cares about.
>>
File: samus124.jpg (61 KB, 530x350) Image search: [Google]
samus124.jpg
61 KB, 530x350
>>340365435
>you will never be this autistic and obsessed about a mindless boss monster.
>>
>>340365740
>I know nothing about Metroid: the post.
>>
>>340365532
If he doesn't want him in because of personal reasons then he should say so instead of beating around the bush with lies and falsehoods.

>>340365698
Which characters on the roster do you personally not care about, think that because you don't care then no one else in the world cares, and want to be removed because since you don't care they don't deserve to be in?
>>
File: Hoopa.full.1865053.jpg (93 KB, 643x634) Image search: [Google]
Hoopa.full.1865053.jpg
93 KB, 643x634
>>340365740
Its a really good feeling.
>>
>>340365809
>If he doesn't want him in because of personal reasons then he should say so instead of beating around the bush with lies and falsehoods.

What, and give autists like you more to scream about?
>>
>>340365809
>he should say so instead of beating around the bush with lies and falsehoods
Why? So people can call him out for being a shit dev that isn't thinking about what the fans want? Nah nigga, easier to just say "well he's hard to implement because reasons".
>>
>>340365960
You love throwing that word around, don't you. Do you know what it even means, or do you just parrot it because all the cool kids repeat it nonstop?

To answer your question, I'd prefer a truthful answer over a cop-out dodge. Saying that it would somehow "ruin his character" when he's done the exact same things to other characters is bullshit, just say "I don't like him and I'll never put him in" and that will be that.
>>
>>340365289
Even if Ridley were to be playable it STILL wouldn't please Ridleyfags

They'd complain that "Oh he doesn't fly enough! FUCKING HACKURAI" or "Oh he's using abilities that Meta Ridley has but basic Ridley doesn't! FUCKING HACKURAI!" or better yet "What?!? Another villain character moves better than him?!? FUCKING HACKURAI"

The only way to work with an autistic fanbase is to ignore it completely.
>>
>>340366319
He's never going to give an "better" answer, ever.

Now go away, not even him. Sakurai doesn't like answering character questions.
>>
>Not bothered if RIdley doesn't make it in
>Still think it'd be cool for a gimmicky HUEG flying nigga to be added to the roster

Why is it such a fucking big deal to you faggots either way
>>
>>340366438
>They'd complain that "Oh he doesn't fly enough! FUCKING HACKURAI" or "Oh he's using abilities that Meta Ridley has but basic Ridley doesn't! FUCKING HACKURAI!" or better yet "What?!? Another villain character moves better than him?!? FUCKING HACKURAI"

According to your assumptions only. Nobody complains about any of the other characters doing things they can only do under specific situations or in different games, why would the people who want Ridley complain about him using all of his abilities from across the games?
>>
File: 1464714862191.jpg (39 KB, 492x388) Image search: [Google]
1464714862191.jpg
39 KB, 492x388
>>340366438
>Even if Ridleyfags got the one thing that they are asking for it STILL wouldn't please them
>>
>>340365289
>tfw I rather have Falcondorf than Ganondorf be another sword character at this point
>>
>>340366961
Ganondorf doesn't even need a sword, give him a trident like Phantom Ganon or Ganon uses along with his magical attacks like the ground punch, flaming bats, and energy spheres.
>>
Ridley won't get into smash since Metroid is such a low priority franchise.

There's a reason that there is only Samus and ZSS, Why Mother only had Ness at first but then got Lucas, why Captain Falcon is the only F-Zero character. Low Priority.

There's a reason Mario has 7 reps, Legend of Zelda has 5, Pokemon has 6, Fire Emblem has 6. They are all in Nintendo's spotlight.

You want Ridley so bad? Buy Federation Force
>>
>>340365289
Hes right tho. Some characters simply dont make good smash characters. Ripley is a giant fucking dragon thing, it would be stupid to compress it down to stand toe to toe with the rest
>>
>>340366953
Give a mouse a cookie and it'll want milk
>>
File: 1384764710258.gif (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1384764710258.gif
3 MB, 600x338
>>340366749
>Nobody complains about any of the other characters
>>
>>340366961
Ganondorf has tons of shit he can do even without a sword. That's why making him a tweaked Falcon is beyond insulting.
>>
>>340367421
>Ganondorf, the great King of Evil, only harmed by the Sword Of Evil's Bane
>doesn't do a single thing from the Zelda games and can be wombo-comboed and killed by a singing balloon

>Villager wasn't in Brawl because Sakurai said he's too peaceful to fight
>he's one of the most OP characters in Smash 4

>ROB is a barely-functioning mini-peripheral made solely to trick people into buying the NES as a toy instead of a video game system
>now he's a flying laser-shooting top-hurling battle bot the size of Bowser

>Ridley is impossible to do anything with and he doesn't fit because I said so!
>>
>>340367551
All I want is Ridley on the roster doing his Ridley moves.

>>340367747
Examples of people angry about something like Mario being able to throw fireballs without a Fire Flower, please. And legitimate grievances like Ganondorf don't count.
>>
Smash could use a giant character, a proper one. This could be something that Ridley adds to the game, but I guess Sakurai considers Smash Tour and dumbing down the gameplay worthy additions. How's the modding scene for Smash Four looking?
>>
>>340368661
Giant characters barely work in 1 on 1 fighters, never mind 4 or 8 player free for alls.
>>
>>340368764
Doesn't matter, it's been done before. You act like Smash is balanced.
>>
File: nintendo stock.png (22 KB, 582x280) Image search: [Google]
nintendo stock.png
22 KB, 582x280
I say let them crash!
>>
>>340368892
And you act like Smash is a fighting game.
>>
File: 49YUjU6.png (376 KB, 1180x324) Image search: [Google]
49YUjU6.png
376 KB, 1180x324
>>340368892
Those games also have consistently-sized stages that are flat planes. Imagine someone using Ridley on Battlefield if he was his normal size.

If he was around Bowser/Donkey Kong's size, he'd be fine as both playable and intimidating (for those who care about such a thing in Smash). He'd still be able to do everything in the Metroid games like breathe fireballs, super-dash-headbutt, swipe with his tail, pogo-tail, etc.
>>
>>340369892
Ooh, you admit Smash isn't a fighter. That's a first. So in that case, Ridley being a giant wrecking machine shouldn't be an issue. It's not a fighter, and it's not supposed to be serious in any way, so why not have Ridley be an unbalanced mess?

>>340369908
Bagan's mod does Ridley well. It's not perfect, but it shows how much can be done with one person. You mean a whole team of devs can't make a proper Ridley? And his size isn't the problem, it's his speed.
>>
>>340370231
He can be the Opposite Little Mac, slow and cumbersome on the ground and fast and agile in the air, with three good jumps and a hover like Peach (doing one disables the other) and around Wario's air speed and movement. To compensate, because he's pretty skinny, he'd be a low-heavyweight and not as difficult to knock out as Bowser or King Dedede.
>>
Ridley babbies make K. Rool and Geno whiners seem sensible and non-autistic.
>>
>>340371714
Says the one who talks like a seven-year-old and parrots /v/ instead of thinking for himself.
>>
File: 1460718985154.jpg (88 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
1460718985154.jpg
88 KB, 1024x730
>Barely knows shit about Greninja since he literally went off preliminary sketches
>Plays up his Ninja aspects so much it's pretty much how they adapted him for the Anime

I hate this man and everything he touches.

Besides Palutena
>>
>ZSS is playable but Dark Samus is an assist trophy

I will never not be mad, it's even worse that Sakurai knew how boring ZSS is so he gave her jet boots which makes no sense.
>>
>>340365740
That's a big thumb.
>>
>>340372447
Imagine how mant times Pit has orgasmed inside her.

>>340372552
The Jet Heels are a hell of a lot better and make far more sense than her stilletos in Other M.
>>
File: boss_ridley2.gif (39 KB, 512x446) Image search: [Google]
boss_ridley2.gif
39 KB, 512x446
You can easily make ridley the size of smash 4 bowser if you stick with ridley's classic design.
>>
>>340370231
>Ooh, you admit Smash isn't a fighter. That's a first. So in that case, Ridley being a giant wrecking machine shouldn't be an issue
The fact that it's not a fighter is what makes Ridley so hard to do. It's a platformer/beat-em-up, and that's what makes him being so fucking huge a problem. Regular fighters can get around this problem easily because size doesn't matter nearly as much, all it does is make some hitboxes bigger or smaller.

>>340371714
I'd say they're equal with K. Rool, they often sound exactly the same.
>>
>>340373993
>The fact that it's not a fighter is what makes Ridley so hard to do

Ridley's not hard to do at all, just shrink him. People are too hung up on "If he's smaller he's somehow not Ridley!" like he's the only video game character in history who absolutely needs to be 100% like he is in the original games in a non-canon crossover party game.
>>
>>340374412
The only thing Ridley has going for him is being big. It's not Smash's fault he's more one dimensional than Bowser.
>>
>>340373835

I wouldn't feel-right though.
>>
>>340372447
sometimes I wonder if they just handed him a picture of Greninja or if they gave him a few pokemon to choose from
>>
>>340374621
Since when did a character's personality have anything to do with their inclusion in Smash? Mario is shallower than a dried-up puddle, Corrin is a one-note turkey, and the Pokemon are all animals.
>>
>>340365289
>smash 4 came out a year and a half ago
>ridleyfags are STILL butthurt
>>
>>340375095
They showed him what Pokemon they had designed up to that point, and Sakurai liked Greninja the most. At that time it didn't even have any moves, just a look and Types.
>>
>>340365289
Ridleyfags will never not be mad, just fuckin givr up. He's never EVER going to be a fighter in vanilla.
>>
>>340365289
ITT: People who already know Sakurai is a hack, and people naive enough to think he's not.
>>
>>340375106
Bowser can do things when he's about seven feet tall or fifty. Ganon is great when he's seven feet tall or fifteen. But Ridley being slightly bigger than Samus? It's lame. It's incredibly lame and abandons anything that's appealing about Ridley, because the only thing appealing about Ridley is being fucking huge.
>>
>>340375281
feels pretty good that he went with the best genVI starter then,although it was probably just because ninjas are easy to design moves for
>>
>>340375563
Gotta love the people who confuse Ridley with Kraid. Ridley can do anything he can in the Metroid games in Smash Bros without any problems, size has nothing to do with it. And people like you who insist on using the "Ridley needs to be huge and intimidating to be in Smash!" nonsense are always a treat, because you always ignore that Ganondorf was also big and menacing in Zelda and became a manlet in Smash and all of the evil intimidating villains get their sht wrecked by a singing balloon, crybaby child, and an NES peripheral. So why is that fine for Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, King Dedede, and Bowser Jr but such a horrible sin for ridley?
>>
>>340375967
You're right, Ridley's not Kraid. Ridley can only be twenty feet tall to be appealing, which is a huge difference. Ganondorf being a "manlet" in Smash is amazing when he's the tallest humanoid character they've got. Also, what about Bowser, Dedede, Wolf and Bowser Jr? Their proportions are all just fine compared to their heroes. Do you think Wolf is actually twenty feet tall inside his Arwing?
>>
>>340375967
Most people think Ridley is xbox huge because of Zero Mission. But that sprite seems to be a edit of Ridley X from Fusion who starts off as an edit of his Super Sprite (Which is about a Samus and a half tall) then becomes a 20 ft tall mutant.

Of course this is based on the Other M version which looks like a muscular quadruped human with Ridley's head on top. So being too big is the least of that designs problems.
>>
>>340375967
>Gotta love the people who confuse Ridley with Kraid. Ridley can do anything he can in the Metroid games in Smash Bros without any problems, size has nothing to do with it. And people like you who insist on using the "Ridley needs to be huge and intimidating to be in Smash!" nonsense are always a treat, because you always ignore that Ganondorf was also big and menacing in Zelda and became a manlet in Smash
He's literally the biggest character in the game. He's even taller than Bowser.
>>
>>340376487
Ganondorf is so tall in Zelda that Link can suck his dick while both are standing straight up. In smash he;s barely a head taller than Link, in addition to being a Captain Falcon clone. Ridley being around Bowser's size is small potatoes compared to the rape of Ganondorf.

Also, I don't really give a shit if Ridley's not "intimidating" in a party game where he'd be fighting Olimar, Duck Hunt Dog, and Jigglypuff while riding on a choo-choo train through New Hyrule while Conductor Link watches. None of the other villains look very scary or dignified in that situation, so why should Ridley? It's also a lot better than being the shittiest stage hazard in the entire series where he's still OOC and even uglier than he was in MOM.
>>
>>340377284
So you don't care at all about the character's portrayal, as long as he makes it in the game.

Okay. That sounds about right.
>>
>>340367551
Then it's a good thing I'm not a fucking moose?
Seriously, what's with /v/ and the shitty analogy meme lately.
>>
File: needsaname.png (243 KB, 475x357) Image search: [Google]
needsaname.png
243 KB, 475x357
>>340378143
>moose
>doesn't even know one of the most common children stories and analogies
>moose

Are you serious?
>>
>>340377667
Ah, it's you, the guy who thinks that Ridley must absolutely be 100% like he is in Metroid but fuck all the other characters in Smash Sakurai changed to his personal whims because whatever. Making Ridley smaller is not the ame level as what happened to Ganondorf, why do you always make this retarded "YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT RIDLEY EVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANGE TO HIM WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING I LOVE ABOUT HIM SPARE RIDLEY THIS EVIL CHANGE!!" circular "argument" every damn time? You're as bad as ACfag.
>>
File: Leaked torrent.jpg (86 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
Leaked torrent.jpg
86 KB, 600x375
>>340378305
>Not being a moose
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 720x720
>>340366438
To be fair, he'll be like every Super Heavyweight in Smash.

Combo Food for speedsters and a easy matchup for Rosaluma's BS and endless bitching about buffs.

Ridley was gonna be in the garbage in the game due to size and general Super heavyweight problems in Smash in being hot trash unless you have crazy Super Armor like Bowser or DK being great for CP
>>
>Sakurai doesn't know what to do with Ridley
>yet fan modders do
>>
File: 1456433271733.png (113 KB, 318x269) Image search: [Google]
1456433271733.png
113 KB, 318x269
>>340378305
>Thinking up shitty analogies instead of an actual argument
You tell me ya fucking moose.
>>
>>340372317
Not even that anon but...
>talks like a seven year old
>that sentence
What, why you mad ridleyfag?
>>
>>340379564
Ah I get it now, this is one of those ebin trolling attempts right?
>>
>>340379490
he looks really weird in all of those mods
>>
>>340379679
If you want it to be, sure. Not like these posts are gonna amount to anything else.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.