[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this game have such a rabid fanbase? Having just played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: uc4.jpg (286 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
uc4.jpg
286 KB, 1024x576
Why does this game have such a rabid fanbase? Having just played through most of it on curshing, I don't see a single thing that's remarkable about it aside from some decent graphical setpieces like the volcano shot in madagascar.

>Writing is who fucking cares, as usual
>Vehicle gameplay has about as much depth as an inflatable pool
>AI is utterly non-existent, probably the worst thing about the game- AI is either completely unaware to your presence or will know exactly where you are at all times unless you hide behind a wall for long enough. There's no flanking, using your movement options such as climbing and swinging is met with instant hitscan death.
>Very simple TPS conventions like "protagonist won't stand up if you're aiming to the side out of cover" aren't present
>After three games the setpieces have become incredibly predictable, there's only so many times something you're climbing on abruptly breaks before you're tired of it and want to get back to something that has actual gameplay

Uncharted 2 was a fun game under all the cinematic bullshit, this isn't. Why were people literally petitioning a single negative opinion? People saying this is the "game of the generation" is even more baffling.
>>
It's not a rabid fanbase it's a passing migration of bandwagoners who buy into the hype
>>
File: meme.png (254 KB, 1332x661) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
254 KB, 1332x661
>>340364117
>>340364245
>>
>>340364117
Is this your first play through of the game?
>>
File: 10 out of 10 final boss fight.webm (3 MB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10 final boss fight.webm
3 MB, 940x529
>>340364117
If "game of the generation" is to be awarded to the game that best exemplifies that generation, then Uncharted 4 wins hands down for the reasons you listed.
>>
>>340364117
I hate this shit as much as you, but who exactly has called it "game of the generation" ?
>>
>>340364117
What is your current play time? It is relevant to my interests. I personally really enjoy the game single and multiplayer.
>>
>>340365038
Holy shit that must be explorer mode. Rafe moves in fucking slow motion. And it looks like he doesn't even do the spin attack. I think my next play is going to be on 'explorer', and just murder everything.
>>
File: YgjNYzD.png (24 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
YgjNYzD.png
24 KB, 625x626
>>
Because its fun

>amazing graphics
>fun shooting
>fun rope swinging
>good enough story that intrigues, but isnt so dependent that if the story isnt great the game becomes shit
>makes you feel like indiana jones
>good music
>great action

Jumping from car to car and hanging on a rope while singing around an african city was great.
>>
>>340364117
How many hours have you put into the single player campaign total?
>>
>>340365957
Believe me, there'd be a shitload more buzzwords in there if I were baiting. I legitimately think Uncharted 4 is a mediocre title at best and with how much it puts on looking pretty, it's going to age horribly. Any game that tries to look realistic does within a decade.
>>
>>340364117
Because the Uncharted 4 fanbase is the PS4 self-esteem team fanbase.
>>
>>340365732
I can confirm it is explorer mode. I went through it for the speedrun trophy.

On that mode, it's easier to run and gun to kill enemies than it is to zoom in. The aim assist is out of this world.
>>
>>340365992
I think it is my favorite in the series, closely followed by Among Thieves. It is a pleasant experience all around. I'll probably run through it again next week. I've had a blast with the online too. I've put a fairly insane amount of time into the game, and will put more in. It's like if you took UC2MP and mixed it with TLoUMP, and I personally enjoy that. I love the multi-player for Among Thieves and The Last of Us. A Thief's End seems like the logical progression that Among Thieves would have had had Naughty Dog not split into two dev teams. I'm glad they are unified again. Uncharted 3 suffered for the split.
>>
>>340366952
I figured that it had to be. Rafe looks fucking hilarious telegraphing those moves like that. It's almost like he's under water. Gave me a nice chuckle.
>>
>>340366549
Uncharted has never tried to look like real life. Uncharted 2 still looks really good. This game is gorgeous, and is currently the high water mark for console graphics. Arkham Knight was pretty as well, but Uncharted 4 beats it out. I'm interested in what Sony is going to be making in the next couple years.
>>
>>340364117
Outside of Dark Souls I don't play games for gameplay anymore. They're basically a substitute for movies for me now. Uncharted to me was just a good movie.
>>
>>340364117
>rabid fanbase

lol wut.
theres fans of the game but i wouldnt call them rabid fanbase. its not like the game is talked about year round.

maybe you should just stop listening to the obvious shitposters.
>one guy says its the game of the generation
>"welp, i guess that means every uncharted fan is thinking this!"
>>
>>340364994
>>340365549
>>340366459
Here comes UIDF. Next they will ask for screenshots, then a timestamp of your PS4
>>
>>340368951
No defense force you paranoid scumbag. All I want to know is how many hours he's put in. It's a simple straight forward question. That he has totally avoided probably because he made the thread and left, because people love doing that. All I want is a ballpark estimation that the OP seems unable to produce. I don't want screenshots of the game, or time stamps or him and his dog and his mom to pose over a pentagram. I just asked a question. That will never be answered.
>>
>>340369562
Why does it matter? He said he beat it. You can't verify either fact without asking for the proof I mentioned, so what difference does it make?
>>
>>340364117
You seem to be confusing "rabid fanbase" with sonyggers shitposting because they have no gaems to play.
>>
Any /v/ lobby up? Alot of shitty players.
>>
>>340369682
He didn't say he beat it
>Having just played through most of it on curshing
Those were his words. I didn't even fix his mistake.
Don't presume to know what information I'm looking for in the OP's answer. All I want is HIS ballpark estimation of how much time he's put into the single player. You can take the foil hat off at any time.
>>
>>340364117
I had fun with it but much like you anon, I see nothing amazing here other than impressive visuals for a console. The game play is the same stagnant rehashed shit we've been playing for a few years now. The story... contradicts the previous games... the characters are poorly fleshed out and apparently cannot communicate with one another like normal fucking human beings. It's like they were written by shitposters of /v/.

I mean... I liked the game, I finished it. But it's not really something I'd give all that much praise.
>>
>>340370858
What parts of the story contradict the previous games? All the characters seem pretty well handled to me.
>>
>>340364117
>This game was so awful I had to choke it down twice.
>>
>>340367018
Yeah, its my favorite, I just like the story and villian more than the others.

I do enjoy the multiplayer, Ill probably play it for a while, just like tLoU multiplayer, and I like that there is going to be some regular updates for it, like maps and stuff.
>>
>>340374048
It should be a good for a while, provided Naughty Dog doesn't go overboard with changes. They listened to all the wrong people on Uncharted 3's multiplayer. So far so good though. I'll be seeing you on there!
>>
>>340374351
>>340374048
you two wanna play?
>>
>>340375390
If I weren't on my way to bed I would be up for it. I only post here just before sleep.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.