[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne is currently on sale for $20 Is this game worth it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Bloodborne2.png (2 MB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne2.png
2 MB, 1422x800
Bloodborne is currently on sale for $20

Is this game worth it or has it just been overhyped. I never played a Souls game and the only thing drawing me too this game is the hype and art direction.

I've heard the game is difficult and not really fun from many reviews
>>
>>340360549
This exact same thread has been deleted five times today.

Where is the sale? Best Buy's website.
>>
>>340360820
Yeah Best Buy's website. I just don't want to waste $20 on hype alone. Hype won't save poor game design and artificial difficulty
>>
its pretty good, not the best game ever like sonydrones want you to beileve.
give it a buy, be warned, it may spoil the other souls games if you try bb first. if you can i would start with ds1 then try bb.
>>
>>340360549
>I've heard the game is difficult
Decently so.

>and not really fun
What?

Difficulty is inherent to the fun. If you could just run through a crowd of enemies spamming the attack button with no fear of dying, that would be boring as shit. Being required to learn the enemies' attack patterns, to maneuver smartly and kill one thing at a time, to perfectly dodge a swipe and punish with a counterattack of your own without taking damage - these are the things that make the Souls franchise fun. Plus the excellent art direction/atmosphere/lore of course.
>>
>>340360962
Why would it spoil? I get the notion BB is the babby's version of DS
>>
>>340360549
It's difficult and not really fun if you don't have enough time to keep playing and learn the mechanics / enemy movesets.

Never buy a game for the hype, but the art is pretty nice.

Bloodborne has a lot of good things going for it, and it also has a lot of bad things too.

If you want a relatively short, somewhat replayable (if you're a multiple endings lover) visceral experience, then pick it up.

If you're the sort of person who gives up easy, like many of those reviewers, don't waste your time.
>>
Controls and combat are shit along with the framerate, art is cool though.
>>
>>340361048
the combat is likely the best in the series, only ds3 compares. ds1 is too slow and clunky compared to it, as is ds2. des is alright.
>>
>>340361048

I wouldn't really call it a babby version. It's a lot faster and more balanced, unlike the Souls games. If you play those after, you might find yourself not enjoying the slower paced gameplay. DS3 is still pretty fast, though.
>>
Its good, worth 20 for sure. Nothing excellent and plenty of bugs as per usual with from software
>>
>>340361048
>babby's first souls game

Just wait 'till you meet the blood-soaked crow
>>
the second half sucks, everything between boss fights is just boring and not fun like you said

the game isnt garbage or anything though id buy it on sale
>>
This game is awesome.
I bought it a few weeks ago.
Haven't beat it yet, but it's fucking great.

The setting is interesting, the bosses are pretty neat. The music is great.
It took a while to get use to the gun and weapon, and the fighting style, but after you get it down, it's a great contender for one of the top Souls games.

It's a lot faster than the souls games.

That fucking Cleric Beast music, son.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8
>>
File: Only on Playstation.gif (2 MB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
Only on Playstation.gif
2 MB, 300x166
It is one of my favorite games, if you like Gothic horror and dark souls then BloodBorne is you cup of tea.
Online is kind of shit but all the bosses, the areas, the combat and the story is great.

Shame you did not buy it during the PSN sale, they were selling BB and Old hunters for 20 dollars or so.
The DLC is pretty great.
>>
>>340361892

Personally I like to buy physical only. GOTY edition doesn't seem to be likely so I might just get this now
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.