[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Release of Wildstar on June 9th. This will save this amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: 2874191-wildstar.jpg (28 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
2874191-wildstar.jpg
28 KB, 480x270
Steam Release of Wildstar on June 9th.

This will save this amazing game.
>>
WILDSTAR ON STEAM
>>
WHY DOES NOBODY CARE ANYMRE
>>
>>340355363
It doesn't loo amazing.
>>
>>340355363

Three years too late.
>>
no it wont anybody who cared played it already
>>
Is it free to play yet?
>>
>>340357520
yes
>>
What do you think it feels like to work on a game like this? Must suck going into work everyday knowing that you're a huge failure
>>
I hope this revitalizes the game for alittle while

I need to sell this Glitterkitty set
>>
>>340355363
>Steam
Every mmo on steam ends up being 90% bots
>>
>>340357553

Any Founder's shit for those of us who sadly bought it?
>>
>>340355363
11,000 people will play it on day one and 1,250 people will play it next month
>>
>>340355363

If no one gives a fuck about it now when its free why the fuck will they two days from now.
>>
>>340357679
I think you got grandfathered benefits I don't remember the details
>>
>>340357520
Yeah, it went F2P a long time ago. They put a lot of effort and hopes into it. They even went and hired the people who make the League cinematics (I'm assuming from the look of it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH-ln5SVy9Q
Really good cinematic, just like their launch one.
But it apparently flopped again.

This Steam release is its 3rd attempt at staying alive.
>>
>>340357870
Every ounce of effort put into it was wasted the second they signed on with Nexon.
>>
>>340357870

All dying mmos go to Steam. Like TERA but amazingly enough, a lot of people still play TERA
>>
A corpse that won't stay down.
They still haven't even fixed the whole "Only 2 Races in each group can be Espers" and similar with all the classes to Races nonsense.
>Like Mechari
>Want to make an Esper
>LOLNO, Chua or Human
>Despise those furry bastards
>It's the same on the other side, but with humanoid rats
>There's even some NPCs that are classes they shouldn't be
>Literally just lazy development
Game's pretty decent besides that dumb shit.
>>
File: 1463808601874.jpg (30 KB, 480x490) Image search: [Google]
1463808601874.jpg
30 KB, 480x490
>tried this a few months back
>promising controls, combat, animations
>would run into three people over 4 hours
>none of the ques popped at all
>check forums/reddit/general
>fired like 40 people that same day

One of the weirdest gaming experiences ever. It'd be nice if this did pick up though, just to see what a dungeon is like.
>>
>>340358283
It was impossible to get into a Dungeon at relaunch and there was a serious bug with the 2nd Dungeon, but they're pretty decent.
>>
>>340357956
People play Tera to screencap their large-hipped babyfurs in lingerie

it's literally being funded by pandering for pedobuck
>>
>>340358385

And it's working
>>
>>340357590
Yeah, and MMOs tend to come with a lot of hard work and unpaid overtime so they basically gave up the past couple years of their life to be a failure.
>>
>>340355363
Wasn't it already released on Steam?

Or was that just it going free to play that I am thinking of?

Either way, a pretty, cute, game that is held down by an ancient, terribly performing engine and boring WoW quests.
I couldn't handle more than one session before uninstall.

Steam release, sadly, won't save this game. The engine needs to be entirely rebuilt if it expects to compete.
>>
Oh man, steam?
I love when these mmos who have fucking subscriptions get knocked down a peg and are forced to go free to play and then steam
>>
>>340358446
sadly

Blade and Soul does the same thing but people arent half as interested. Kinda weird
>>
>>340357507
this, honestly

as much as I love the game - it had it's chance and it blew it

pretty sure the only people that still play, play it for housing because that's the only part of the game that they can consistently milk autists for their shekels
>>
>>340357956
Elins are the only thing keeping it afloat, and the devs know it.

They recently added a Ninja class that was, you guessed it, Elin only. Easily the one race it makes the least since for.
>>
>>340358543
Cause they're not going as hard with it as tera
tera was good but it's got no shotas
blade and souls has shotas but the outfits arent as nearly as skimpy and tend to follow the same trend

I hope they make that cat bathing suit with the rubber ducky float a male lyn outfit
>>
Played it at launch with a friend, got to 50 in just over a month and stopped playing it shortly after that. The combat was decently fun and housing was neat, but just lost interest really quickly, no real desire to go back. I think one reason my friend lost interest was Esper was pretty gimped at launch, no idea how it is now, but it sucked back then. He liked the class, but medic and the spellslinger or whatever it was were just plain better.
>>
/v/ guild when?
unless you cant have guilds i don't really know never played.
>>
They went a bit overboard with their vanilla WoW mechanics
>>
>>340355363
Someone give me the 411 on Wildstar?
>>
File: Screenshot_160518_001.jpg (301 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_160518_001.jpg
301 KB, 1360x768
>>340358779
>blade and souls has shotas

literally the only reason im still playing
>>
>>340358779
shotas actually look pretty kakkoi in BnS
>>
File: 1457076432148.png (433 KB, 360x408) Image search: [Google]
1457076432148.png
433 KB, 360x408
This is another case of "DUDE AWESOME LMAO"

It's pretty bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4_riSI7Ydg&list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvkoaU6imUUolBSP5ftqUA4E&index=24
>>
>>340359002
+good combat
+best housing of ANY game
+robutts/zombutts
+hoverboards

-boss grind
-raid mechanics
-boring after awhile
>>
>>340359360
boss grind?

they got rid of the horrible attunement
>>
>>340358848
This, but warrior and tanking. At launch warriors were by far the worst tanks. Had worse survivability, damage, and threat generation than both of the others. I was relegated to being a power link whore in my raiding guild. It was fun, but over time my guild and I just lost interest.
>>
>>340359418
its like every mmo. Grind the same 5 dungeons daily for Vet coins
>>
>>340355363
>This will save this amazing game.

C'mon man you know this isn't going to do anything to increase the playerbase
>>
>>340355363
I'll play it again if they fixed the fact that it ran like dog shit
>>
>>340359002
See >>340358884
Really sums up the game's biggest mistake.

>Nearly all the vanilla WoW players have moved on from MMOs
>Most the people clamoring for "the good old days" never actually played Vanilla WoW, or anything pre-WoW. These people hit the endgame, and quickly went for the unsubscribe page.
>>
>>340358884
thats one of the main things that killed the game.
>vanilla wowfags love raids with 40 to 60 people!
>the huge party raids were a disaster in wildstar and it was hard getting people together for them
>>
>>340358283
Steam release isn't going to bring in enough people for you to do low level dungeons. If you want to do a dungeon then you better get to max level.
>>
A perfect example of what catering to the actual "WE WANT VANILLA RAIDING SHOULD BE HARDER OMG NO BADS ALLOWED" crowd will get you - a dead fucking game. This is the same reason I could give zero shits about WoW Classic servers or anything else. Sure, there are a minority of people who actually want that old content, there are others who are trying to recapture their glory days of first MMO fun by assuming "Game is less grindy and less tedious... thats what changed!" even though its actually their experience that changed instead, but overall most people do NOT want the shit mechanics we saw in WildStar.

WildStar COULD have been a great evolution of WoW's "Theme Park" style. They literally had all the pieces there. But they implemented them in the worst way possible. Like crafting/housing - instead of globally unlocking each item account wide you acquired for your house, you had to literally go buy another one in order to move the fucking bushes around your property. Keying for raids wasn't bad in and of itself, but they made dungeons scale WAY too hard and then put the only progression gear (ie raid ready) gear for Gold Medal runs - think of them similar to Challenge/Mythic runs in WoW. Anyone who didn't think they were going to get Gold because new players, under geared etc... simply dropped group and nobody learned or geared up because getting anything less than Gold was a big turd in the box.

It was a horrible game made horrible by listening to horrible people.
>>
File: Screenshot_160124_002.jpg (672 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_160124_002.jpg
672 KB, 1920x1080
>>340358779
>make cute tomboy lyn
>everyone calls me a shota
>>
>>340358752

This still makes no sense to me. I don't understand why they can't create a set of animations and copy-paste them across all the races.

They keep making excuses about keeping animations unique, but Castanic and Elves had them copy-pasted and they'd make more money, make more people happy that way. A human female only Brawler seems so stupid. I don't understand this developer at all.
>>
>>340359795

It runs better than it did before. Saw a pretty good increase in the frame rate.

Disappointing part was the lack of mod support in the game after the F2P launch. Probably one of the best parts about the game.

Also, Wildstar has some of the best housing in an MMO. Going to be a shame to see it go.
>>
>>340360025
the devs were also incompetant as fuck every patch they put out broke something and every patch they put out to fix the broken stuff more more stuff
>>
I got to the level cap and then realized there was nothing to do
>>
Warhammer Online - Dead
Guild Wars 2 - Dead
Wildstar - Dead
Rift - Dead
SWTOR - Dead
Elder Scrolls Online - Dead
Black Desert - Dead
LOTRO - Dead
TERA - Dead
Age of Conan - Dead
Tabula Rasa - Dead
Aion - Dead
>>
>>340358283
Even the low level ones are intense compared to almost every other game out there. They might have dumbed it down for F2P (not saying a lot, but still), I wouldn't know
>>
>>340360357
they are the same , pretty much
>>
>>340360357
>(not saying a lot, but still)
meant to put that after "compared to almost every other game out there"
>>
>>340357956
aion was on steam from day 1
>>
>>340360049

Welcome to Korea. Nearly all that is bad in PC gaming, from microtransactions to other monetization et.c... comes from Korea. That includes "playing a character that is a single race and class",in MMOs as opposed to selected a race and then class, customizing from there (ie Western Dungeons and Dragons inspired style). . Korea ruins PC gaming.
>>
>>340359586
The best thing about Wildstar's fucked up balance to me was medics.

>start out with heals that make them unkillable in PvP
>devs nerf their heals and give a little bit of damage capability to compensate
>this makes a class called "medic" a mediocre healer and top dps in PvE for most of the game's lifespan
>>
>>340360338

Lets be honest, Guild Wars 2 isn't dead. They're doing pretty well overall. Not sure about Elder Scrolls Online, but I heard they launched a couple of expansions recently and their monetization is MUCH better than say, SWTOR if you want a "single player-ish story MMO".
>>
>>340355363
I just played it as a single player game until I reached content that required a full party, then quit. There weren't even enough people around in F2P to join up with randoms.
>>
>>340358752
This pisses me off so much especially when I just don't get the appeal of Elins besides pedobait. I'm already surprised they just gave gunner and brawler to not-Elin races.
>>
>>340359586

Yeah, that's why I rolled engineer, they were powerful at launch.
>>
>>340355363
>generic WoW clone that tried to be like vanilla WoW but didnt capture anything about it
Why would I give a fuck again?
>>
File: yikKdbnbT.jpg (139 KB, 1600x1244) Image search: [Google]
yikKdbnbT.jpg
139 KB, 1600x1244
>>340357437
>Three

MORE LIKE TWO! This game came out in 2014.

This has to be one of those games alongside Evolve and Stillborn that died so fucking fast.
>>
>>340360338

Actually GW2, TERA and ESO are still doing pretty well. I actually still play TERA and ESO so can confirm
>>
>>340358884
Dont give me that bullshit, the ONLY thing it had going for it as being "vanilla" was raiding, something that was never relevant for early vanilla except for a minuscule minority.

Every other aspect of the game was so generic and shallow with no relation at all to vanilla WoW.
>>
>>340359360
>raid mechanics
>a negative
nigga what?
>>
File: 1464452118285.jpg (15 KB, 477x354) Image search: [Google]
1464452118285.jpg
15 KB, 477x354
>>340355363
If F2P couldn't save it, what makes you think Steam will?

Still... this game is pretty special to me man. The PvE dungeon running in this game is so unique and good compared to other MMOs, its just the world leveling and everything else that makes it a deal breaker for other people.
>>
>>340355363
>'lets grab the vanilla crowd!'
>focused on dungeons and raiding, which is not what vanilla was about
>leveling content was rubbish
>casual as shit
>no need to talk to anyone ever
>cartoony, childish art style
>try hard borderlands like writing with continuously in your face bullshit
Not surprised it died. Rule 1 of selling a product to a market is knowing the market, they didnt know theirs.
>>
File: 1438484871958.png (66 KB, 250x218) Image search: [Google]
1438484871958.png
66 KB, 250x218
>there are people who have played the game for 2 years who have never done a single vet dungeon or tried raiding because they thought it would be too hard
I hated their HARDCORE advertising.
>>
>>340361684
>casual as shit
>no need to talk to anyone ever
Did you ever try a dungeon? You couldn't just faceroll it. People needed to know what was up.
>>
I really hope this game is good and it gets a breath of life with steam. I need a decent MMO to play. Tera kind of sucks. I might download it now and skip waiting for the steam release. But I don't get too optimistic and disappoint myself again.
>>
This game was fun but I got too old to spend the time needed
>>
>>340361843
Learn to read
>>
>>340360815
If you like exploring/leveling with a buddy or two, then ESO is pretty decent. Its dungeons suck. It was very much designed around solo play.

It's currently extremely cheap on key seller sites and a pretty good deal depending on your tastes. It's definitely not dead, but since the playerbase is split up 18 fucking ways (NA/Europe have different megaservers, the 3 consoles play on different servers, and the 3 factions literally can't see each other in PvE) it'll be extremely noticeable when the playerbase diminishes.

If you're interested, might want to jump on it while it's cheap and the devs aren't too jewy. Like every game, the subscriber/cash shop benefits are creeping upward. Used to be subscribing only got you expansion access and a 10% xp boost, now it gives you unlimited inventory for crafting items, which is almost every item.
>>
>>340361740
>played the game for 2 months
>finished the first raid
>literally not enough people in the entire server to even attempt the second raid
>guild quickly falls apart after that
I heard that they reduced Datascape to a 20 man at some point. I'd like to give it another shot, but I also heard they nerfed everything. I was actually part of the real hardcore crowd that was serious about wanting challenge. It's disappointing to me that most of my friends were in the poser hardcore group.
>>
>>340359196
>trying to appeal to vanilla WoW fans
>who are now in their 20s/30s
>do this sort of crap
Seriously, the entire marketing team needs to be fired
>>
>>340361881
>I really hope this game is good
depends what you're looking for from an mmo. wildstar's dungeons and raids are the best around. if you want something else, don't bother.
>>
>>340362056
>I also heard they nerfed everything
You're hearing this from people who were carried in though datascape and can trivialize everything with their new 120 gear. doing content at level is still a challenge. If you don't believe me, try doing skullcano and see how many raid geared players die to laser in Mordecai's fight.
>>
>watch the 2nd year anniversary stream saying steam coming in a few weeks
>roommate wanted to try the game, but I was waiting on steam release
>WoW went on sale for 5 bucks
>roommate is a WoWhead
>threw him a bone, got it since he was curious about mine. I've never played WoW personally.
>this announcement happens

I knew this shit would happen. I just wanted more time with wow first damnit.

Still hella hype though
>>
>>340362119
A good leveling experience (which NO mmo seems to be able to do) and good endgame and not broken pvp.

Hearing I can level to max in a week is actually a turnoff for me compared to other casual mmo players.
>>
File: 1465168874895.jpg (351 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1465168874895.jpg
351 KB, 1200x900
>>340359196
that fucking framerate at 1:55
>>
>>340362281
It's funny. Even back in the day my hardcore group would sometimes fuck that up. We ended up using the rock exploit because our female healer that was otherwise pretty good could just not do that part.
>>
>>340362281
>>340362451
Also, I'd like to add we did that before they fixed the ridiculous respawn point. Getting silver in that dungeon pretty much required you didn't wipe even once. Having to run back from the elevator was easily a 5 minute chip off your time.
>>
>>340362413
as someone who played it for a year you're going to be disappointed anon this game really isn't something for shitters a normal dungeon in this game is about on par with the hard mode dungeons on wow
>>
>played during beta
>filed bug reports
>never saw bugs getting fixed
>turns out, it was virtually impossible for the devs to fix bugs because of how absurdly awful Carbine management was
>realize this shit will never ever get fixed
>they couldn't even fix their buggy, shitty UI before launch
>they disguised awful optimization by dropping big giant walls everywhere in the capital city to try to improve framerates there
>>
I had fun in the BGs for awhile when the game went F2P unfortunately the queues for that died shortly after so I got bored of it. I might check it out again and start over on a PvP server for the Steam release. Though thinking about that I'm already bored of the idea of leveling up.
>>
Played Wildstar the last time it was free and I think I hated it. I was a psychic assassin and it was like pick between the good builder skill or the garbage/slow one, and then decide which of these 3 nearly identical finishers you want to have. Everything else was on a 30-60 second cooldown so even though they were kind of cool it's not like I could ever use them. Like I got 2 pets that kind of deal damage for a little bit.
>>
File: mad.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I still play wildstar.
>>
>>340355363
It's not like NCSoft couldn't afford a steam release from the get go... The only reason it's happening now is because they know they'll be able to milk the last bit of money they could from Wildstar that way. In about a year from now, they'll shut down the game. Not because the Steam release went badly, but because it's already planned.

Doesn't anyone here remember what happened to City of Heroes?
>>
File: 1353138318825.jpg (65 KB, 960x533) Image search: [Google]
1353138318825.jpg
65 KB, 960x533
>>340355363
If it needs saving, it's probably not amazing.

>MMOs
>>
>>340362880
Don't remind me. I'm still mad about City of Heroes and Exteel.
>>
>>340361684
It appealed to me and a lot of people.

It had that space age Atompunk feel from the Buck Rogers / Flash Gordon universe where instead of exploring space, you explored the inner depths of a planet stumbling on alien creatures and battling primitive but dangerous civilizations. Last time we had a game like this, it was back in the PS1 age with Blasto.

Name me ONE other game like this...
>>
game coulda been alive

but instead

it ded
>>
>>340362712

I know I was subbed for its first year and played a lot in beta. Shit was great, but I dropped it since expenses took priority. After I built a new pc, I wanted to wait for Wildstar's steam release. Spellslinger is fun as fuck. I was just upset at the irony of this announcement so soon after trying wow.
>>
>>340362880
>It's not like NCSoft couldn't afford a steam release from the get go
They didn't do it because they didn't want to share profits with steam.
>>
>>340355363
The only thing I care about in that game is the big titties redhead.

Wish there was more porn of her.
>>
>>340363104
why did you wait for the steam release when it's been f2p for months
>>
Cool, I had a vague interest in it years ago and I know it's f2p

>only 6 classes
Dropped. There is literally no reason to only have 6 classes. Fucking every other MMO has far more.
>>
>>340362839
Taht's some serious thighs, jesus
>>
>>340363062
It also could've released in a decent state.

but it didn't

It took 4 big patches until it was where it should've been at release.
>>
>>340355363
even if wildstar managed to ship without the plethora of bugs it would still be an awful game
>>
>>340359196
I think what's sad is this game doesn't seem bad at all. The quality seems to be there, but this video is so cringe.
>>
>>340363194

I built my pc pretty much around the time it was announced for steam, so I figured I would wait to reinstall. I didn't want to play it any more on my laptop since the framerates in most areas were obviously fuck awful.
>>
>>340363224
Devil's advocate here. Each class has two distinct playstyles so it's like there are 12 classes. That being said, I agree with you and there should be more. Also, you can only use like 10 moves at a time so each class while different still feels shallow.
>>
File: ass in space.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ass in space.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>340363240
One of the body presets is specifically just big hips.
>>
>>340363736
What the fuck are those hands
>>
>>340363602
Some classes have more build variety than others. For example, warrior is pretty simple and straight forward.
>>
File: laughing woman.jpg (66 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
laughing woman.jpg
66 KB, 500x375
>>340355363
>mfw looking back to all those shill threads for Wildstar all those years ago about how it will be the best think evar!!!11!!11
>mfw seeing how dead it is
>>
File: lovemaster.jpg (282 KB, 644x848) Image search: [Google]
lovemaster.jpg
282 KB, 644x848
>>340363736
You posting here now Moxine?
>>
>>340363736
How is this game if i have nobody to play with? Am i basically fucked until end game?

I have basically checked out of all MMOs since pandaria, and all i play from time to time is the secret world, which is pretty cool from a story/theme standpoint, but past that it's pretty shit, is this any better?
>>
>>340363872
crystal treatment
>>
>>340357590
The only people who "failed" are the ones who had to market and sell it. Artists, programmers, etc. presumably did their job, and wouldn't be a "failure"; the game is a commercial failure, not necessarily a design failure or an artistic failure. I can't imagine they actually get too worked up about it. Do you think artists and codemonkeys working on some hugely financially successful big budget game get a gold star on their portfolio or something?
>>
File: what ya thinking bout.png (100 KB, 383x298) Image search: [Google]
what ya thinking bout.png
100 KB, 383x298
>>340364053
maybe
>>340364113
There will probably be and influx of new players with stream so I'd expect you'd be able to get groups together for leveling dungeons and such. Just questing alone is a bore, the group content is what makes the game worth playing. Joining a guild would also be a good idea.
>>
File: 1461342334005.jpg (314 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461342334005.jpg
314 KB, 1280x720
Is there ERP?
>>
>>340364563
>>340364053
>>340363736

This was another problem with Wildstar on 4chan
>>
>>340365191
erp sluts openly whoring themselves in the threads? yeah, it was a real problem.
>>
File: 1403484001129.jpg (211 KB, 650x750) Image search: [Google]
1403484001129.jpg
211 KB, 650x750
>>340365191
Ahh. I didn't avatarfag very much, I was too busy raiding or playing something else in my down time. Most of my posts were anonymous. That being said, I liked my space pimp costume a lot.
>>
What kind of Overwatch is this?
>>
Does this mean we will get to see more Mechari clang???

Will there ever be more Mechari clang??

https://static1.e621.net/data/df/76/df766a9bbfd891854ef1c30e7442b965.gif
>>
File: mechwalkback.webm (1 MB, 1200x676) Image search: [Google]
mechwalkback.webm
1 MB, 1200x676
>>340365598
Only popular games get porn.
>>
File: 1434738601612.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1434738601612.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>WoW Clone: Pixar Disney Furfaggot Edition
>>
>>340365598
Looks painful.
>>
>>340365840
>Furfaggot
it's your fault for playing on dominion.
>>
File: 1400876753953.jpg (31 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1400876753953.jpg
31 KB, 500x368
>>340365863
For you.
>>
>>340363736
mox the game is dead even that erp slut chai stopped playing
>>
File: 1461903609813.jpg (77 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
1461903609813.jpg
77 KB, 685x474
>>340365909
What makes you think I play this dogshit?
>>
File: 1443252281436.jpg (45 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
1443252281436.jpg
45 KB, 390x310
>>340366085
I dunno, anon. How do you know there are furries?
>>
>>340365956
I'll keep playing until my group clears datascape. or the game gets the axe. Whichever comes first.
>>
tfw draken women make your dick diamonds but they're attached to a dead game so no flow of art

>>340357590

I like to imagine it might actually be mildly comfy to work on a dead/dying/failed game. Imagine being the server devs for Vanilla Diablo 3 about 6 months after launch. Total ghost town.

>>340364420
>Do you think artists and codemonkeys working on some hugely financially successful big budget game get a gold star on their portfolio or something?

... yes? It's called a resume.
>>
File: 1459125837537.png (504 KB, 698x760) Image search: [Google]
1459125837537.png
504 KB, 698x760
>>340366186
They're on the front of the box.
>>
File: 1332638583621.jpg (21 KB, 395x468) Image search: [Google]
1332638583621.jpg
21 KB, 395x468
>f2p release
>instead of putting money toward preparing servers for the influx of new players, ncsoft puts it toward a fancy new cinematic trailer
Was a neat trailer though.
>>
File: stormtrooper_bleeding.jpg (187 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper_bleeding.jpg
187 KB, 1200x850
>>340357590
>be an indie dev
>be full of hope and optimism
>have a fresh new idea for a game that you think people will really enjoy
>spend the next 5 years of your life working your ass off and spending every dime you have to finish the game
>you release it
>almost nobody plays it and the people that do abandon it after 3 months because they'd rather play a rehashed yearly game
>>
File: crystanza original.png (62 KB, 979x700) Image search: [Google]
crystanza original.png
62 KB, 979x700
>>340364174
Its time to use this image
>>
File: 1435567176261.gif (105 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1435567176261.gif
105 KB, 480x360
>>340366347
>should we ban high capacity magazines?
>nah just tell the kids being held hostage to attack the bad guys with scissors

MURRIKA
>>
File: 1461110900592.jpg (83 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1461110900592.jpg
83 KB, 960x960
>another overwatch wannabe
Oh boy
>>
This is the "MMO" where the engine performs so poorly that they were forced to put walls all over the place in a patch in order to achieve playable frame rates. It turned the game into a claustrophic mess.
>>
File: 1461208004489.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461208004489.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
>>340366625
>>
File: tommy.jpg (58 KB, 594x439) Image search: [Google]
tommy.jpg
58 KB, 594x439
>>340366521
>high capacity magazines
>>
File: 1268223.png (2 MB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
1268223.png
2 MB, 1500x1200
>>340366304
>artist does fem draken pic when bandwagon is in full swing
>game dies and he never draws another pic
>goes back to pony shit
What I'm most mad about though is that he didn't draw a futa version like he does for everything else.
>>
File: 1429624669406.jpg (485 KB, 946x1200) Image search: [Google]
1429624669406.jpg
485 KB, 946x1200
>>340366734
Yes?
>>
>>340366734
yes?
>>
>>340366684
>they were forced to put walls all over the place
Can you explain? As far as I know nothing like that has been done to any of the zones.
>>
File: 1445814007102.jpg (18 KB, 174x200) Image search: [Google]
1445814007102.jpg
18 KB, 174x200
>>340366754

it's not fair

they have giant fucking majestic hips and ass and thighs built to support actually having a large tail
>>
>>340366851
Found the shill.
>>
>>340366715
weeb
>>
Also, it was supposed to have "action" combat but each class only has about three animations. The bosses snap instantly to face what they're hitting, and the combat itself devolves into colored shapes on the ground. It's a mess.
>>
File: crystanza enhanced.png (102 KB, 979x700) Image search: [Google]
crystanza enhanced.png
102 KB, 979x700
>>340366513
and the crystal treatment edition
>>
>>340366851

the Dominion capital city is the biggest culprit I believe
>>
File: wildstar_card_by_anivel-d76ktzm.jpg (986 KB, 1600x997) Image search: [Google]
wildstar_card_by_anivel-d76ktzm.jpg
986 KB, 1600x997
>>340365909
>Dominion
>Furshit
>When Exile has an entire race nature loving hippies that have tails and animals ears.
>>
>>340366793
>>340366807
how high is high capacity
>>
>>340366754
he doesn't even draw porn anymore just anthros wearing armor
>>
File: 1335674190403.jpg (66 KB, 512x548) Image search: [Google]
1335674190403.jpg
66 KB, 512x548
>>340366972
>>
File: 1410388718522.jpg (112 KB, 487x500) Image search: [Google]
1410388718522.jpg
112 KB, 487x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IgVS9yNFGg
>>
>>340366461
I honest to god downloaded the game ready to jump into a new mmo after years of not having played one.

2 days after launch I still hadn't managed to connect to the game even once. Uninstalled that shit.
>>
>>340366972
this game is dying ncsoft isn't paying anybody anything to defend this trash heap
>>
>>340363127
seriously 30% isn't a joke

>>340357590
it "failed" in that it didn't kill wow, pretty sure it's always been profitable
>>
File: PmdmbwM.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PmdmbwM.jpg
225 KB, 1920x1080
>>340367138
illium isn't instanced. no part of it is. there's aren't any walls preventing you from reaching another part of the city for the sake of performance.
>>
>>340367542
City of Heroes was turning more of a profit than Wildstar when NC shut it down.
>>
>>340364420
>The only people who "failed" are the ones who had to market and sell it
and the game designers because its a shit game
and the programmers because its a laggy unoptimized piece of buggy shit
>>
>>340365863
Spoken like a true weakling Exile.

http://rule34-data-000.paheal.net/_images/5faeb9035aea237c8a8dcecc5f5c9a7f/1406889%20-%20Mechari%20animated%20source_filmmaker%20wattchewant%20wildstar.gif
>>
>>340367792
the walls don't zone off the city, they simply block off geometry so the engine doesn't have to render it

look at any zone, there are walls everywhere that turns the area into a room or the draw distance is 1 meter and you can see nothing but distance fog
>>
>>340367154
Depends on the instrument of child-death you're using.
>>
>>340367252
Nah, I saw a recentish pic of twilight giving futa celestia a handie from behind.
>>
>>340367542
>seriously 30% isn't a joke
It's the standard cut digital distributors take.
>>
File: ASUkmar.jpg (200 KB, 2000x750) Image search: [Google]
ASUkmar.jpg
200 KB, 2000x750
>>340367978
>there are walls everywhere that turns the area into a room or the draw distance is 1 meter
?
>>
File: 1452105555834.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452105555834.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>340368343
>posts a bullshot
nice one
>>
File: 1423587975416.jpg (19 KB, 259x253) Image search: [Google]
1423587975416.jpg
19 KB, 259x253
>>340367338
holy FUCK i love dunkey
>>
>>340368530
>posts a pvp battleground
?
>>
File: 1452510690437.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452510690437.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
>>340368530
>>
>>340368530
Looks shit. Can you at least hide health bars?
>>
File: jumpgood.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
jumpgood.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>340368530
Peep muh medium setting bruh.
>>
>>340368706
That's because it is shit. Look for Wildstar on any image search. There only exception are the vistas, but the game never looks like that when being played. It looks more like >>340368682 where you can barely see beyond all the geometry that's in place to obstruct distant objects from being drawn.
>>
>>340368530
>All those fucking game "journalists"

What
>>
File: dfdf_zpsd9f3a100.png (374 KB, 473x586) Image search: [Google]
dfdf_zpsd9f3a100.png
374 KB, 473x586
>>340366965
>The butt on the female Draken fat body option.
>>
>>340368682
Cute draken. Does she have another sword in her pants? if you know what I'm saying.
>>
>>340368950
I will say that she actually looks like she's holding her sword. Can't see shit otherwise though.
>>
>>340368950
>you can barely see beyond all the geometry that's in place to obstruct distant objects from being drawn.
yeah bro, fuck all these structures. gimmie a flat landscape with no details.
>>
>>340355363
Never played because I thought the art sucked. Hard dungeons and raids sounds like my thing though. Oh well
>>
File: Wildstar-Exile.jpg (279 KB, 1600x897) Image search: [Google]
Wildstar-Exile.jpg
279 KB, 1600x897
Blizzard has made all the big mistakes - and probably plan to do more with every expansion. How come no dev ever thought of learning a lesson from their mistakes, and copying what works?

Isn't this game from one of the ex-WoW devs? Then they have even less excuse.
>>
Classes sucked, even guild wars 2 had better classes.

Races were not interesting, basically style over substance.

The world as a character was generic.

Input lag, server issues, shitty framerates made rage.
>>
>setting with space pirates and space cowboys
>abandon it to focus on boring corruption shit
>>
File: 1388794563282.jpg (36 KB, 384x383) Image search: [Google]
1388794563282.jpg
36 KB, 384x383
>>340369652
>guild wars 2 had better classes
>le rage
>>
>>340355363
good luck wild star fans.
>>
I mean, it's an OKAY game. Has issues, some good aspects.

But steam release now? It's way late.
>>
>>340370046
I feel like the game is going to get even worse if it comes to steam.

The only people who browse through the F2P MMO section are literally the shitters of the shitters, mainly third world scum nuggets that we are all afraid of populating our games from BRs, Arabs and Guatemalan spics.
>>
File: clench everything.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
clench everything.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
I hope any new players stick around long enough to try raiding. It's a lot of fun.
>>
File: 69c.png (296 KB, 555x504) Image search: [Google]
69c.png
296 KB, 555x504
>>340370046
NCSoft literally does not have a fucking choice man...

They have to make this game work NO MATTER THE COSTS.

They tore down CoH for this shit, so this has to work, it just has to somehow. They put all their eggs in one basket hoping this was going to be THE END OF ALL ENDS and now they are shitting themselves.
>>
>>340371116
>NO MATTER THE COSTS.
Putting the game on steam costs them a whole lot less then putting money toward a new cinematic trailer like they did for f2p. Putting it on steam is a cheap way to give it a bump in exposure.
>>
>>340371116

It's still too late. They should've done it when it went f2p when it actually had new players.

Now it's just water under a broken bridge.
>>
BIG

BOX

GO

BOOM
>>
>>340371468
They had already botched the f2p launch with all the queues and downtime.
>>
File: iunno.gif (568 KB, 320x258) Image search: [Google]
iunno.gif
568 KB, 320x258
>>340355363
Oh man I hope so. I would come back if this happened. I really did love this game.
>>
>>340372776

Can't help queues, even FFXIV just had queues on its 3.3 patch last night.
>>
File: 1459959591694.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459959591694.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>340355363
>Left Rift
>Playing Shitwars 2
>"Look an Action Combat MMO with platformer aspects and houses"
>Just needs a good character creator and pvp!
>Oh shit this looks good!
>The whole sjw fiasco about the game
>Decide to leave it be, dont buy it.
>Year or two later Anet fucks up again
>Try Wldstar
>Enjoy myself bar the horrendous character creator and feeling like everyone else, namely no height slider.
>Really liked collecting shit and exploring
>Realize the world is dead and empty of players.

Riders of Icarus will be fine right lads?
>>
Is Medic fun?
>>
>>340372776
>>340373179
>can't help queues

Don't have queues. Shit, that was hard to fix man. Damn.
>>
>>340374708
yes
>>
is stalker still SHIT
>>
>>340375150
>stalker

Let me guess, the rogue class is shit because waaah stealth.
>>
>>340375150
no
>>
>>340355363
MMORPGs are dead.

You have so much to do in life, that you can't waste your limited years in life for farming virtual pixel
>>
File: 1447771643979.png (248 KB, 456x480) Image search: [Google]
1447771643979.png
248 KB, 456x480
>>340365598
Remember when wattchewant did stuff other than his own specific pseudo-furfaggotry? Me neither...
>>
>>340375341
what'd they do
>>
>>340355363
I might try it just for the housing. The combat I played in the Beta sucked ass.
>>
>>340362740
So what was wrong with management? I love clusterfuck stories
>>
>>340375436
they fixed it so that the aoe build isn''t the best at everything, including single target. better survivability and threat generation as tank.
>>
>>340375372
normie detected
>>
>>340374782

yes, thats right, you fixed the industry, thank you anon
>>
>>340357590

When you stop and think about all the games that end up falling flat on their face or just doing sub-par it can be pretty discouraging.

>>340358283

Of all the recent MMOs I liked wildstar the most, maybe neck and neck with FF14. The combat was a solid attempt on how to make combat more mobile and dynamic while still being rooted in standard MMO mechanics. At least as engineer at release it was fucking fun as hell. Compare that to how terrible GW2's floaty combat system was or Age of Conan or Tera's abysmal sluggishness. The story was eh but it wasn't a shitshow like GW2's was. Questing was good, zones (until the very end when it was all zerg-flood-infection purple) were good, classes were varied and fun with some balancing issues but all MMos have that. Housing was amazing and would be a long-term asset of the game if it hadn't floundered.

What >>340358884 said was above all the killer. It had endgame unlike SWTOR at release and unlike GW2 (up to the present day lel). But it was 40 man locked behind really hardcore progression. Hell, even WOW didn't really bring in hardcore raiding until a few patches after release - if I recall right Onyxia was the only raidboss at release and Molten Core came a year or so in.

If they had not had such severe lock-progression to endgame and went with smaller populations then you would have had an endgame to maintain interest in the game through patches and updates. I loved the PVE dungeons even though at max level/veteran mode they were hard as shit.
>>
>>340375789
Older MMORPGs had no queues. AO, XI, GE, EQ (I tihnk, pretty sure.) Many dungeons were not instanced.
>>
File: 1463079707054.jpg (62 KB, 520x739) Image search: [Google]
1463079707054.jpg
62 KB, 520x739
>>340373504
Dude, if you think F2P was empty, you should have seen how the game was like a little before it hit F2P.

Some dude told me to get the game which at the time was ridiculously low priced, which they were handing out the game for 20 bucks compared to 60, because if I get the game now I will receive member benefits and items once it hits F2P.

I thought, what the heck. The time I spent that week before it hit F2P was one of my scariest MMO experiences I've ever had. Fucking game was like a ghost town. I spent literally the 3 first major areas seeing absolutely NO ONE. You'd think you'd see people running around in the first tutorial area which they had at the time, but NOBODY was around. I spent the first area feeling as if though I was playing System Shock 2 where you get that feelingness alone. The only time I ever saw anyone was that one dude who was max level in the frost map (2nd area) fighting the map's legendary monster solo.

Dude, I hope I never go through that again.
>>
>>340375998
He means queues to get into the game, you donut. Log in queues.
>>
>>340376092
Oh. So just don't have a toaster ISP / server.
>>
File: 151207_s_467x181_Sylas.jpg (65 KB, 467x181) Image search: [Google]
151207_s_467x181_Sylas.jpg
65 KB, 467x181
>implying steam releases save dead games
>>
>>340375998

Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>340376378
vindictus was fun for about 20 levels.
>>
File: 1388549912471.jpg (116 KB, 563x364) Image search: [Google]
1388549912471.jpg
116 KB, 563x364
>>340362992
Copulate with NCSoft
>>
File: Guts simulator.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Guts simulator.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>340376470
you don't know SHIT about fun my friend
>>
>>340369652

>Gw2 had better classes

>>340361268
>>340360815

I can't understand why GW2 isn't dead. I hate GW2. Hate. The combat is dogshit, the story is atrocious and godawful and the worst I've seen in an MMO but you're forced to witness it like being held at gunpoint to read someone's fanfiction if you want to do any content. PLANTS PLANTS PLANTS. PLANTS. PLANTS. FLORA. MORE SALADS. MORE SALADS. EXPANSIONPACK IS SALAD. There's fuck all for content - no endgame besides fractals for what, 4 years until the expansion hit last year? PVp is terrible, the diversity of class builds from GW1 is gone and their pathological obsession with avoiding the holy trinity led to this milquetoast wishy washy bullshit of "you can't be a pure tank/pure healer but you still kinda need a tank and healer".

What are the positives I can say for GW2? Sylvari and Norn girls were cute. Character creation was better than Wildstar or FF14.

Tortanic was more fun than GW2. I would sooner subscribe to SWTOR and give bioware money than play GW2 again.
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463 KB, 1070x601) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463 KB, 1070x601
>>340359196
>i bought this game full price

wake me the fuck up
>>
>>340376387
Why
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>340376378
Vindictus is fun until it gets horrendously fucking grindy and you have to start gathering items to craft armor. Also the cash shops holy shit.

No thanks
>>
>>340376760
grind is over friend, everything is easy to get now
>>
>>340355363
This game is still alive?
>>
>>340356356
Because there's no (or not enough) fapbait.
>>
>>340369754
Jinora is my favorite loli slut.
>>
>>340355363

>ncsoft

This is a never-ever as it is. Steam can only make it even worse.
>>
>>340355363
So is the game actually dead or is it just not mainstream? Underground games with tight communities happen to last really long and are generally far more enjoyable than the other cesspools.
>>
>>340376690

Server queues exist solely because no matter what the technology is, a flood of connections work as an unintentional DDOS.
>>
>>340377141
there are people in the hubtown of Exiles(Space Americans)
not so much on Dominion hub (Space Euros/Aussies)

When you get there, ask someone for the hidden chat channel
>>
I think I might pick this up again, it's not a bad game by any means. I played two characters to level cap.
>>
>>340376547
cool. another new character to grind with.
>>
>>340377705
>new
he's 2 years old mate
>>
>>340378069
the point was i don't give a shit, it's a boring grindy korean grind fest.
>>
>>340378667
better than wowshit
>>
I just want a comfy MMO to play
Blizzard ruined that for me when they shut down Nostalrius. What is left other than these shitty corpses?

Is there anything decent on the horizon guys?
>>
>>340378815
Is Eden Eternal still playable?
>>
The problem with this game? There is literally nothing to do endgame for anything but hardcore raiders. There are about 5 Heroic Dungeons and shitty dailies that barely give you anything.
>>
>>340378908
and too much FUCKING PURPLE
>>
>>340377357
So make more servers.
>>
>>340378813
not really but hey, have fun.
>>
>>340357956
>All dying mmos go to Steam
Steam did help Everquest gain some much needed players. When EQ came to steam I noticed a sizable increase in players so for older MMOs it does help to go to Steam. For a game that is over 17 years old its amazing people still play it.
>>
>>340355363
>amazing game
Of all the games to shill, you choose this one

gg,senpai
>>
>>340379408
Why is EQ still a hundred bucks? That shit confused me.
>>
>>340379250

>spend money for a temporary issue that dies down after a day
>countless 'low' servers a week later

No winning
>>
It was fun playing with the general before it completely died but it just doesn't have enough content.
>>
My biggest problem with Wildstar is its fucking hideous UI.
>>
>>340376547
what anime is this
>>
>>340380074
I'm guessing its one of the character boost packs. Like start off with a level 85 and gear, which imo ruins the game. You could spend months just exploring in Everquest. The game is old as dirt but I've never found an mmo that has the feeling of danger while exploring new areas.
>>
>>340376574
>I can't understand why GW2 isn't dead
Because it's buy to play, proven to be a very good model. I was more than happy to buy a $59.99 campaign (they're not expansion packs) every 9 months as long as they're treated as new and feature complete games. Guild Wars Nightfall was just as big as Guild Wars Prophecies, that's a good bar of standard right there in terms of what's in the box.
>>
>>340380183
download an addon
>>
>>340376547

Jesus fuck Vindictus had perfectly gameplay.

If only Blizzard made an MMO with this gameplay.

Koreans ruin games with their dogshit monetization schemes and complete lack of interesting world/lore.
>>
File: Green and Purple.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Green and Purple.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>340378987
I love purple
>>
>>340380313
Berserk it's coming out soon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.