[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What genre do you dislike the most? I have always disliked hack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: 1457892784562.png (1 MB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
1457892784562.png
1 MB, 852x854
What genre do you dislike the most?

I have always disliked hack n slash games like diablo.
>>
Chink shit like final fantasy. Could never get into that.
>>
shooters and fighters, cause I never git gud at them
>>
>>340354578
>Diablo
>Hack n Slash
Is a Dungeon RPG, ya git.
>>
Turn based games.
So slow and boring
>>
>>340354578
i can never get into diabloa either, and similar games like titan quest, and torchlight, bore the heck out of me
>>
delete this thread from existence
>>
>>340354578
RPG games, they take too long.
>>
Survival horror. It's cool when I'm not alone but I'm like a little girl when it comes to horror.
>>
I don't like platformers.But I play them enough to get over the hate.
>>
>>340355174
>>340354578
I thought it was just me
>>
Open ended games

I just get lost and don't know what to do
>>
I'm getting real sick of platformers, which is unfortunate because it seems that every other game is a platformer
>>
>>340354578
Most Japanese games. They are all le wacky animu spily hair and big swords shit. Their games always have horrible UI's too.
>>
Can't stand turn-based games. Or strategy games.
>>
>>340355356
try looking at something other than greenlight
>>
>>340355089
This, thank you anon
>>
diablo is not a hack n slash, it is a realtime dungeon crawling rpg

hack n slash are games like god of war, devil may cry, marlow briggs, etc
>>
SRPGS like fire emblem or advance wars or disgaea
>>
RTS, they all play exactly the fucking same, starcraft 2 or age of empires? who gives a fuck its the same game
>>
RTS, just because I can't into micro. 4x games are fun though
>>
CRPGs. I honestly never got the hype for Baldur's Gate or anything of the sort, though I guess coming from pen and paper will do that to you.
>>
>>340354578
"realistic" racing
"realistic" fpses
>>
>>340355386
Same here, I liked pokemon when I was a kid tho. I despise everything from Final Fantasy to Dark Souls
>>
>>340355510
Those are beat'em'ups
>>
File: 1465272753743.jpg (7 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1465272753743.jpg
7 KB, 242x208
>>340354578
Who the fuck genuinely likes sports games honestly for what reason?!?!
>dislike most sports but even I think it would be more entertaining to take part in the actual sport
>>
Anything with a top down perspective. This includes Diablo and clones as well as CRPGs.

I don't know why, I should at least like CRPGs but I can't get past the awful perspective.
>>
Those turn based strategy games like civ, shits boring af. Turn based rpgs are good though.
>>
>>340355795
I like playing fifa with my friends on the occasion but I would never buy the game just to play by myself lol.
>>
>>340354578
JRPGs
They are all shit

Also "cinematic experiences" (aka Sony games) where can't decide if it wants to be a video game or just one long cutscene and what the fuck is the point of even making that shit on a computer?
Why not just film actors and have an FMV game if the whole goal of your graphics is to have them look as realistic as possible? Is it just cheaper?

Anything Kojima makes is also fucking garbage

Lastly I can't recall ever playing a good third person shooter
>>
>>340354578
Linear story games. Shit like Uncharted and Tlou. Story driven games with choices that make the story interactive are fine, but literally whats the point of a linear story game being a game? Its just a shitty long movie
>>
Genres or settings/tones I hate:

>sports
>horror
>racing of any sort
>fighting games
>mmos
>dnd based rpgs
>action rpgs
>jrpgs
>rhythm games
>fps
>mobas
>character action games
>walking simulators
>puzzle games
>stealth games
>almost every party game
>clickers
>survival games
>management games
>point and clicks
>>
>>340355510
>>340355089
Quit trying to change genre names because you're too retarded to actually come up with your genres name.
>>
"souls-like"
>>
>>340356303
>>340356303
>>340355510
>>340355089

I just call them "Diablos" and I believe that that's the way to go
>>
>>340356237
Geez what do you like then?
>>
Cinematic shit
Shooters in the brown era, not even Spec Ops the Line was good for me
WRPGs post Skyrim, even W3 is trying hard as fuck to be Skyrim, I miss shorter, actually complex RPGs
Rhythm games, aside from Guitar Hero and Audiosurf
Realistic Sports or Racing
Mobas
>>
Arena style games. I can't go. O place and explore? Fyck that
>>
>>340356358
You're retarded it's hack n' slash, has been for years.
>>
Twin stick shooters. Play one you played em all. Fucking fags
>>
>>340356420
>not even Spec Ops the Line was good for me

that wasn't good for most people. because it's a bad game
>>
NFL/Fifa games

They're basically glorified Mario Party minigames.
>>
>>340356531
Funny enough I actually think linear shooters aren't that bad. FEAR is fucking good, but jesus post COD shooters are too simple.
>>
>>340356506
But then there will be confusion if you might mean a Devil May Cry kind of game

If you say "Diablo" everyone will know what you mean, one of those games that's like Diablo where you click on shit
>>
>>340356545
but nfl/fifa games have been around way before mario party even existed.
>>
>>340354578
MMOs
>>
Real time strategy without any pause. I can respect the genre and the people who play them, but they are just not for me. Too much shit to keep track of and no time to relax.
>>
>>340356660
The people who think DMC is a hack 'n slash have no idea what they're talking about and can be ignored. DMC is a stylish action game, has been called that by Capcom at the very least for years.
>>
>>340356363
Visual novel.
>>
>>340355795
It was always about multiplayer. Even at the beginning with split screen.
>>
Racing and sports. If I'm playing a game, I want it to be an experience that is impossible/highly unlikely to happen in reality
>>
>>340354578
MMOs
I just can't stand endless grinding
>>
Realistic Simulators - I have a soul.
Visual Novels - I am not a lost waifu basket case. I actually give a shit about good writing.
JRPGs - See above, but with rehashed grindy combat. They're like a strategy game where the strategy is optional.
WRPGs - There's no reason to not just play a TTRPG, unless you're some kind of stuttering introvert.
MMORPGs - Nothing needs to be said here.
MOBAs - Because RTSs don't intimidate me.
>>
>>340354578
I agree, although I liked the whole Diablo II genre as a kid. Now, I don't hate them, but they're really boring to play for me. I actually just tried Diablo III for the first time at my brother's house. I went straight into endgame content on his barb and ripped through it. I guess these days I don't like any type of game where I could jump into the endgame and be playing pretty close to optimally in minutes. I want games that reward skill, not just numbers.
>>
>>340355092
Turn based RPGs are fine with me, but turn based strategy is where I draw the line. I just can't stand not being able to move freely on an overworld.
>>
MMOs
MOBAs
Obnoxious weebtrash, especially the kind with little girls in them
Diablo and all games like it
The BamHam/WB genre of mindlessly mashing punch and counter with no consequence
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.