[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1452826990877.jpg (45 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1452826990877.jpg
45 KB, 540x429
>no half life 3
>no portal 3
>no l4d3

What does valve have for people who don't give a shit about dota 2 and cs go?
>>
>>340350528
hats
a
t
s
>>
30% of every transaction your make on Steam
>>
they will present portal VR at E3. screenshot this
>>
File: pinkertonne.png (92 KB, 511x746) Image search: [Google]
pinkertonne.png
92 KB, 511x746
Lesbian pandering tf2 comics
>>
They are making hl3 now. If you want a developer who rushes there games, then go buy assassins Creed or cod
>>
>>340350528
They are a hardware company now.
>>
File: laidlawquits.jpg (232 KB, 1379x723) Image search: [Google]
laidlawquits.jpg
232 KB, 1379x723
Systematic firings of every important Half Life related staff member including the lead artist and the lead writer
>>
File: seer.png (65 KB, 215x404) Image search: [Google]
seer.png
65 KB, 215x404
in my crystal ball... i see that valve is not going to release any more video games....

ah, the spirits are whispering to me... they say that there's no need to make video games when you have the cash cow that is steam...
>>
Well they released this """game"""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBLI6r2IZs
>>
I'm glad I'm not a Half-Life fan. Still pinning over a twelve years old game.
It's even worse than being a Nintendo fan; at least those get new games once in a while.
>>
>>340350802
that makes sense since she's messed up.
lesbians are lesbian because they have mental issues.
>>
>>340350802
>Jay Pinkerton

Didn't this guy used to work on Cracked? Hahahaha, I bet he has some fellow socjus friends in Valve who got him hired on
>>
It boggles me that a company like Valve, with so many resources, and staff (I dont know how many, but more than I few I'd guess) manages to do so much NOTHING.

THC Vive is being done in a partnership, its not all Valve, and the Lab was a bunch of mini-games.

The games that havent been forgotten yet have a slow update schedule

Greenlight lets Valve pass the buck on whatever gets onto Steam, and the downturn in quality SHOWS.

The cosmetic updates for their games are more or less mostly made by the players, who then get a fraction of the cash earned from people buying them.

DOTA2 is apparently running on Source 2 now but I havent heard of any big step up in graphical quality or performance, so what does it even improve?

SteamOS is what, Linux with video game wrapping paper?

Even the TF2 comic cant update regularly, how long has it been since the last issue?

The latest things from Valve are their controller, which some people like, Steam Machines, which are dead in the water and since Valve pushed manufacturing onto other companies they don't care, and the THC, which given its price, and the library of mostly shovelware, few will buy.

I kept thinking that with all this shit maybe Valve was going to do something like announce a game to launch along side Source 2 or SteamOS to show it off. Or maybe a new game would be on every Steam Machine sold to push units. Valve could've even decided to drop out of developing and use Steam to become a billion dollar publisher instead and throw money at projects they thought were cool.

But instead its just more stonewalling and radio silence.
>>
>>340352848

Which is why I'm supporting MS. If they bring forza and halo wars and potentially other games, I'll be hanging out at their storefront
>>
>>340352848
gaben is too rich to care about vidya anymore
>>
>>340352848
They have no reason to waste their money in a project that may not be even successful.
Valve isn't stupid like Squaresoft or THQ.
>>
EA wanted to buy valve at one point but they got cockblocked since valve is private

I wonder what steam would be like if gabe sold out
>>
>>340352848
Well, Dota 2 is running more soft in my pc after Source 2
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (47 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
47 KB, 719x720
>>340352848

>It boggles me that a company like Valve, with so many resources, and staff (I dont know how many, but more than I few I'd guess) manages to do so much NOTHING.

It's because Valve has shifted into research instead of making new products, aside from their flagship titles (no, HL is not that anymore).

SteamOS, Steam Controllers, Vulkan and the Vive were all done because they wanted to do strides in areas that had no development (for good reasons).

So we got a company that tried to make an alternative OS for what is considered the quintessential OS for gaming, they tried to solve a problem that the industry hasnt been able to solve in several decades (PCs in the living room)
and they tried to make open a new industry for what was considered once a dead market (VR).

These are all very daunting tasks that no company but giants like Google or MS have the capital or influence to actually tackle but they did it with their measly 300~ employees. No wonder why most didn't really succeed, be it for the problem being too difficult or by their own incompetence to actually market things (see Dota 2/CSGO in Korea).

But I'd call their efforts at VR and with Vulkan successful. We now have a decent, though not really great, alternative to DirectX and they practically single handily uplifted the new VR industry with their research that started way back in 2010 (a lot of the base stuff from Oculus is straight from Valve findings).

They just haven't cared as much for games.
>>
>>340353918
>I wonder what steam would be like if gabe sold out

Exactly the same, it's already the perfect cash cow and DRM service.
>>
>>340354486

EA wouldn't allow other key retailers to sell their games so no you'd have to chug that 60 buck retail on new games. Not to mention they were the one's that said sales devalue games so you can count those out too. Everything else would likely be shitty like shutting down dedicated servers of older games.
>>
>>340352848
Gabe let Erik Wolpaw off the leash to go help write Psychonauts 2, but that's all I can think of recently.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.