[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher 3: HoS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: happy merchant.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
happy merchant.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
i just started Hearts of Stone, and this guy seems like satan of Witcher universe. Crossroads at midnight, pacts, summoning storms...

Also, what should I expect of this expansion? Just beaten the main game.
>>
>>340333549
Decent writing, couple fun quests, some hard choices and what might be a frustrating section at the very end.
>>
>>340333549
>and this guy seems like satan of Witcher universe. Crossroads at midnight, pacts, summoning storms...
You are quite a detective, Geralt.
>>
>>340333549
>Gaunter
>O'
>Dimm

>G
>O
>DOG
>>
>>340334063
i heard story is even better than main game, seems pretty interesting so far
>>
File: 1336801121254.jpg (36 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
1336801121254.jpg
36 KB, 450x337
>>340334317
>>
>>340334302
noice
>>
>>340333549
I wonder how cdr managed to make him feel like pure evil. I got some nice vibes from this dlc.
>>
>>340334372
Eh it's up to taste really. It has a REALLY great beginning but I felt it kind of got boring until the last two chapters of the story, so to speak.

It's very clearly designed to be a standalone piece and that both hurts it and helps it. It's more focused than a lot of other quests in the game but at the same time it doesn't really affect anything in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>340335026
they know their shit, don't doubt they will do a good job with steampunk 2077 too.

>>340335372
well yeah, it can be a standalone, but i have yet to hear anything bad about it
>>
>>340333549
Very good writing with one major flaw.
when Gaunter talks to Geralt while time is frozen, he just rams a spoon into the head of an innocent guy, even though the game makes clear that he kills his victims by torturing and tricking them, using his victim's decisions against them
>>
>>340335918

>autism the post
>>
>>340336141
>character gets built up
>let him do something that completely fucks up everything he stood for, just for edge sake
>pointing this out is somehow autism
>>
>>340335918
dont know why this is a flaw, dude just got pissed probably
>>
>>340335918
I agree it's weird but they pretty much HAD to do things like that. Otherwise all the thickies that don't read the ingame books/are not familiar with other references to his nature would be none the wiser about what they are dealing with.

I'm more annoyed that they don't follow up the entire Ofieri thing.
>>
that wedding ad everything surrounding it was the best, really heartwarming and the whole deal with geralt slowly getting loose of his "emotion suppressing mutations" bullshit excuse with the help of van Everec touches a dear place in my heart.
>>
>>340336493
>"Well, maybe it's just a Vilgefortz kind of mage I can kill"
>Literally stops time just to make a point on some imbreed redneck
>>
>>340337867
>>340335918
He just really hates it when people interrupt him.
>>
File: witcher3 2016-05-23 20-17-22-55.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2016-05-23 20-17-22-55.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
>The Witcher 3: Silent Hill
>>
So is O'Dimm just a character in the game or is he in the books as well? I'm currently reading The Last Wish and I'm only a few chapters in.
>>
>>340338540
No

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Twardowski
>>
>>340336493

>Succubi attract and fuck men to draw power from them for sustenance
>if you attack a Succubi she fights back instead of following her established pattern and pinning you to the ground to blow you to death.

WAAH FLAWED

Just because he makes lopsided deals with people in exchange for thier souls doesn't mean he can't murder some drunken hick for getting on his nervers and/or to fuck with Geralt.

You calling this a "major flaw" is pure, uncut, weapons grade autism.
>>
>>340338409

The caretaker unsettled me more than those things did.
>>
File: mfwihavenoface.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mfwihavenoface.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>340341385
i remember people saying the caretaker was regis when the hos trailer came out, breddi gd introduction
>>
>>340333549
>this guy seems like satan of Witcher universe

Whole expansion is heavily inspired by Polish "Pan Twardowski" (sir Twardowski). Its basically Polish version of Faust (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Twardowski). So yes, you can say that Gaunter is satan and Olgierd is Twardowski.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.