[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Woah there! You look like you're having fun, we're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: Overwatch-Guide-McCree-01.jpg (215 KB, 1760x1100) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch-Guide-McCree-01.jpg
215 KB, 1760x1100
Woah there! You look like you're having fun, we're here to take care of that.
>>
Good thing I'm Reinhardt and protecting my team that knows what they're doing or I'd really be in trouble. Just kidding, they all just died to Junkrat's wheel and he got play of the game for it.
>>
>>340309312
Good thing I'm Mercy and I can actually play her. Every time I die to those two is either McCree's Ulti catches me in the open as I'm healing some fucknut, or Widowmaker snipes me.
>>
McCree is second place in the no fun zone, but Mei is still the worst.
Slowing the game down inherently is a mistake, even if you attach a theme to it.
>durr the return of Arena Shooters
>with slows and stuns haha TRICKED YOU
>>
>>340309312

>having trouble against Widowmaker

Just doing walk out in the open. You should know the maps by now. There's always a path around every vantage point.
>>
>>340309812
>Arena shooter with no arena mode, nor is it balanced for the team deathmatch mode they weren't putting in anyway
yeah you got tricked alright
>>
In this game, nearly all abilities 1-3 shot everyone else, including the beefiest tanks.

They made it more casual & faster than TF2 which appeases the short attention spanned babbies of the modern age.
>>
>>340310063
>I'm a shitter who just began playing
You have no idea how influential Widowmaker becomes later on.
>>
>>340309312

>Cowboy has a stun grenade

This is the worst decision IMO

They should remove it and give him an ability that lets him bounce bullets and see their trajectory.

People aren't playing him like a cowboy, they're essentially using him as a casual version of Genji and exclusively using him to flank and gimp people from close range.
>>
https://youtu.be/_UU8jqxAiHQ?t=1m47s

thanks obongo
>>
>>340309312

>that cringey "BAMF" belt buckle

what in the literal and actual fuck were they thinking? there's more cringe in that belt buckle than all of borderlands 2.
>>
>>340310063
>Just don't go in open
>Take the side path
>Nevermind the fact she has wallhacks and knows where you are at all times with a fully charged bodyshot waiting for you.
>>
>>340310271
bouncing bullets would be much cooler
>>
>>340310271
>an ability that lets him bounce bullets and see their trajectory
While I get what you're going for and think it'd be pretty cool, that seems kinda lackluster for an active ability. More suiting of a passive property to his left-click, don't you think?
>>
>>340310063

>Don't worry just don't walk around in the open!
>Enemy team pushes on you and you can't do anything about it because Widowmaker has the entire area covered

Granted, someone should just pick Winston and fuck up Widowmaker, but a single hero shouldn't be able to lock down an entire area.
>>
>>340309312
Tracer, Widowmaker, and Mei are the unholy trinity of anti-fun.
>>
OW has so many abilities that drive me absolutely fucking mad.

>Tracer rewind gives her full HP
>McCree's stun grenade that offers a free kill
>Widowmaker's hilariously short scope charge as well as being able to kill with 3 bodyshots
>Widow's silent wallhack ult
>Hanzo can spam arrows without aiming and still get kills

If I die to Mei, I feel it was my fault, same with Roadhog's hook. But I don't feel any of the above is fair and only exists to pander to casuals who can't play well.
>Bastion's
>>
File: 15413.gif (2 MB, 287x240) Image search: [Google]
15413.gif
2 MB, 287x240
>>340309312
>mfw shitters can't into team based shooter, go at it alone thinking they're alpha and getting stomped
>>
>>340310657

maybe but it was passive and every bullet bounced it might get OP. Imagine a team of McCrees firing endlessly into doorways and landing headshots...It would be no bueno.

McCree I think is designed to be a simple, mid-range skill based character. That's my opinion anyway.
>>
>>340310857
I main Mei. People only find her anti-fun because she causes loss of control of your character. I find this ok, because its the purpose of the character. However the icicle shot is too powerful. Mei is essentially a CC'er, escapist & sniper? Too powerful.

When our team is getting roasted hard by cheapers I almost always go Mei to even the odds.
>>
When's the nerf coming?
>>
>>340310319
They need to fix the head hit box.
>>
>>340310970
Yeah, everyone and their mother knows I have a teleporter on the map but it's impossible to know if I'm just not allowed to move outside of cover for the next 30 seconds.
And the fact that it persists after death is really stupid too. What if other ultimates did that? Like if you die during reaper's ultimate you're just double dead with twice the respawn timer.
>>
File: bastion.png (1 MB, 696x956) Image search: [Google]
bastion.png
1 MB, 696x956
As a person who originally planned to main Bastion, I can tell you Bastion is pure shit. Remember all the casuals whining over the entire interweb during open beta?

All it was was non-stop Bastion POTG memes and crying.Today, a few weeks after release, virtually no one says anything about Bastion.

To put it simply, Bastion sucks a big bag of dirty diapers.Once you go past level 20, 99% of the time you never see a Bastion.

Any time a Bastion is forced to move out of being deployed, he's been countered. This is so easy to do, as Bastion you spend the majority of your time trying to escape being destroyed, effectively making you not participate in the battle.

Only an engaged and distracted team is vulnerable to Bastion, but a decent team will know of your existence therefore attempt to shut you down at all times.
>>
>>340311460
It's not the head you mouthbreahter. It's hanzos arrows
>>
>>340311691
>It's not the head

Watch the video retard.
>>
File: wins.jpg (206 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
wins.jpg
206 KB, 1280x1280
I can handle Widowmakers
but fuck McCree with a rake, FUCK
>>
>>340311080

>Remove Grenade

>remove alt fire

>2nd ability is now the hammer fan with cooldown

>new hammer fan doesn't have horrendous recoil so it can be used at a distance now

How's that?
>>
>>340310271
he shoulda just had

POCKETSAND!
>>
>>340311963

Being completely immobilized in an instant is broken

I would rather his flashbangs actually blind you, at least that way you can turn around or drop an ability for a chance to not INSTANTLY DIE.
>>
>>340311621
A big problem is how Tobjorn gets a half strength Bastion for free every 8 seconds and if it gets destroyed who cares. Plus it's literally incapable of being flanked. On top of having a disgustingly strong main weapon that can 2-3 shot most of the characters in the game and armor packs that he can use to heal most of the damage he takes in retaliation. Bastion is just a weaker Tobjorn.
>>
>>340311082
her second shot should be like tolberones, that is arcs
>>
>>340311621

Bastion is either completely in control of the situation or at the total mercy of it.

They should probably balance him a little bit more so he's a little more fun and sees more use than strictly defense/turret spamming.
>>
>>340309812
>Arena shooter
>no arenas
>no tdm

I think you're confused.
>>
McCree is getting nerfed into uselessness anyway, Tigole said he won't be able to hurt Tanks anymore, just the likes of Tracer/Genji etc, so hes a counter to low tier characters no one uses, 10/10 game design

Hes not even that good unless you flank people, kinda like the Pyro
It's just retards run up to him (especially tracers) & be like "why i die doe?"
>>
>>340312159

That would work, at least it couldn't get you behind corners.

Plus it would fit more with the theme of the character.

A cowboy who throws flash-grenades and empties all 6 cylinders into his unwitting victim isn't exactly "cool". Sounds like something a murderous ex-SWAT cop would do.
>>
File: 8WTEEsS.png (918 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
8WTEEsS.png
918 KB, 500x750
>>340309656
>they have a widow and zarya
>good thing im here with my shield, ill shield them
>oh they just run right trough and get ripped appart
>>
>team has no support and I'm the last one to pick
>pick Mercy
>enemy team has a WM
>literally no one on our team can deal with her
>can't switch because otherwise we'd have no support
>one guy switches to D.Va
>sigh in relief since I expected him to go harass the WM
>he stands behind Reinhardt's shield and shoots people from a distance
fucking great
>>
>>340311986
>>Remove Grenade
Enjoy getting bumraped by tracers/genjis.

Reading the official OW forums every day makes me glad that only blizzard's opinions matter on game design.

The forums are only a pressure valve, somewhere shitters can vent their horrifying <insertheronamehere> experiences.
>>
>>340310063
>theres plenty of paths around every vantage point
>Hanamura A
>>
>>340312623

WOAH THERE!

*blam blam blam blam blam blam*

*rolls away*

*blam blam blam blam blam blam*
>>
>>340312846
>woah there
>throws flash
>misses
>tries to roll away in shame
>>
>>340312623
>a character that can instant stun and do over 800 damage in under 2 seconds
>a hit scan gun that has drop off but can still pick off players from afar
>not that good
>>
>>340312778
It's pretty easy to get through the choke and go left
>>
>>340312750

>afraid of Genjis

A good Genji should never face someone with full health with intend to kill

As a Genji, you're job is to run past the enemy lines, cut someone on the way, pepper them with some shurikens for good measure- and flee/heal.

Keep this up long enough and eventually you'll start landing killing blows because of how gimped and scattered the team will become trying to deal with your hit & runs.
>>
Reaper is still my no fun allowed. He's not broken but fuck he's just annoying
>>
>>340311963
Love it wen a bubble up a money as Zaria and he rapes a McCree.
>>
>>340313013
so you play shitters that dont know set ups? gotcha
>>
>>340311621
Same with McCree, people need to learn to keep their distance & make him waste his flashbang, then he is
shit tier

You got to treat a McCree the same as Roadhog/Reinhardt, as in don't fucking get too close to them, simple
>>
File: masteroverwatch.jpg (210 KB, 1244x973) Image search: [Google]
masteroverwatch.jpg
210 KB, 1244x973
:^)
>>
>>340310319
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>340309312
>McCree stuns me
>Mech dies
>I kill him before grenade comes off cooldown

Or alternatively
>Widowmaker snipes me
>Mech dies
>I try to outsnipe her with pistol
>If that didn't work, change to Reaper, and turn the rest of the game into *Teleports right behind you* to get back at that no fun faggot.
>>
>>340311082
She's hardly a sniper. The icicle is subject to damage fall-off at distances and only does a max of 75 damage without headshots. If you died to a Mei sniping you, you're either terrible for letting her hit you that many times at a distance or you already took damage from others prior to her shooting you. She has the range of a sniper but not the damage or efficiency for it.
>>
>>340309812
Torbjorn is worse. The Turret is essentially a seventh teammate but one that always knows where you are, has amazing range, and never misses a shot
>>
>>340313835
>I can beat bad players
Woop de fuck.
>>
>>340314015
You forgot that it can't move and can be easily killed by a 76, WM, Hanzo and Pharah.
>>
>>340313329
the thing is mcree isnt shit tier without his bang. his roll gives him instant reload and his alternate shot can kill anyone in under a second.
>>
>>340314482
At the cost of a hefty amount of HP, except for Widomaker and Hanzomon certain maps with certain placement
>>
>>340314775
The turret can barely shoot you if you just quickly peak.
>>
Why does everyone complain every character is OP? Wouldn't that make it balanced?

Remember when people thought Pyro was OP? Just adapt.
>>
>>340314679
Yeah, McCree is good without the bang. But the bang+fan turns him into near broken
>>
>>340314972
Atleast with other characters you can pick counter, but not with McCree, he beats everyone. Widowmaker? McCree doesn't even go in same lane with WM since he lurks behind corners ready to pocket sand.
>>
>>340314972
>Just adapt.

Fairly certain they got rid of the +50 HP on the backburner to put a stop to that shit.
>>
File: 1465037444067.jpg (703 KB, 901x750) Image search: [Google]
1465037444067.jpg
703 KB, 901x750
Mcrees flashbang should require a charge. Release it instantly to stun anyone under 150 health, but he needs to charge for 2-3 seconds to stun bigger heroes like tanks. That way it isn't just
>oh, did you just try and surprise me? Too bad, you're dead.
But he can still counter tracer and shit.

Or maybe just make fan the hammer extremely inaccurate except against stunned targets.
>>
>>340311621

How does one beat the meme set-up of Bastion, Reinhardt and Mercy?
>>
>>340309312
Widow is fine except for on Gibraltar where the sun shines so brightly that you can hardly see her against the background.
>>
>>340314950
But that usually takes much longer than it needs to and might still cost you HP thanks to its stupidly fast tracking. I have clip where it was tracking me behind a wall. Plus you give your location away
>>
>>340315268

All that needs to be changed is Fans damage so it can't kill tanks but can still kill characters like Tracer and Mei.
>>
>>340315189
Reaper and Genji are solid McCree counters. You can bait flash bang with wraith for or deflect.

The devs are considering nerfing fan the hammer when competitive drops though.
>>
File: eh.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
>got the point that every match is now suddenly fun and nothing feels cheap
>>
>>340315518
>Widow on Gibraltar

Fuck that shit, literally no fun allowed.
>>
>>340315473
flank them. Reinhardt can only block 1 way, so if your team is currently distracting their front, you pop up behind them and blast them with reaper or pharah or something.

If your team can't out coordinate them you lost though, coordination is the entire game.
>>
>>340315473
D.va's shield can give you the 3 seconds your team needs to get them, if you're coordinated
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1080
>seven lives for my country! (Translated from Japanese)

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>340315604
>fan the hammer does up to 400 damage
>blizzard gave him a free instant reload so he can do it twice
Why did they think this was necessary
>>
>>340315821
>not having six Reinhardts tetsudo formation in down the objectives legion-style
>>
>>340309656
>Playing reinhardt
>Attacking
>Going through some tight hallway or something
>No one stays behind me, everyone just keeps running in front and dying or trying to go some secret path all alone and then dying
>Lose
sigh
>>
>>340309312
>Headshot Widowmaker
>Go close range with McFaggot and iceblock when he flashbangs
Easy counter~
>>
>Yet another thread whining about McCree

You guys need to chill. He's getting nerfed, relax.
>>
>>340315927

If they lower his fan the hammer damage and remove reload on roll, I would still like him. I literally can't wait until balance patches come out so I can enjoy McCree without being labeled a piece of shit.
>>
>>340315604
All that needs to be changed is making the fan a third ability that gets put on a cooldown when you use the flash.
And remove the ability to roll and reload instantly.
>>
File: sciencethinkingman.jpg (27 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
sciencethinkingman.jpg
27 KB, 1024x576
What if fan didn't automatically unload but just let you fire as fast as you could click?
>>
>>340315656
>You can bait flash bang with wraith

>Can't cancel it.
>The animation for leaving wraith form doesn't allow you to shoot.
>But it does tell the McCree when to right click.

wew lad
>>
>>340314972
Because most people (casuals) are fucking shit at this casual as fuck game so they bitch and moan about character being OP when it isn't actually the case.
There have been tons of "NERF CHARACTER X" Overwatch threads the last few weeks and nearly every character has been mentioned.
>>
File: 1465238858725.jpg (163 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1465238858725.jpg
163 KB, 607x608
>>340315950
>suddenly junkrat tire into the center of them

>>340316153
They should really rework mcree desu. Absolutely braindead to play and has really no options for stuff besides being a closerange stun + burst nuker. All of his abilities just funnel into vomiting your load on a single target and deleting them and don't do anything else.
>>
>>340314950
>The turret can barely shoot you if you just quickly peak.
That's BS, you still lose like 20HP just by peeking for a split second to that pile of shit.
>>
>>340316342

Flashbang is a skill I am glad the game has, it feels really necessary for someone to have to stop ultimates and tracers/genjis. People who can only rely on McCree M2'ing people are going to be fucked soon.
>>
File: kaplan.png (114 KB, 592x1165) Image search: [Google]
kaplan.png
114 KB, 592x1165
Are you part of the 20%?
>>
File: 1465246197677.gif (2 MB, 244x194) Image search: [Google]
1465246197677.gif
2 MB, 244x194
>>340316462
I want mcree to stay the anti-flanker but currently theres nothing stopping him from also being the best nuker in the game. So not only does he check flankers, but he decimates everything else in his way.
>>
File: gregory-peck-as-ahab-2.jpg (30 KB, 479x502) Image search: [Google]
gregory-peck-as-ahab-2.jpg
30 KB, 479x502
>Game determines that I'm afk if I'm shooting and moving my mouse, but I'm not moving
>As a sniper class
>>
>>340309312
Wait a minute. This isn't a picture of Torbjorn.
>>
>>340316224
For me it's not a matter of whether a character is OP. It's whether or not they are fun to play as or against. Mei, D'va, and Tracer are all cancer. If they removed these characters the game would be 1000x better.
>>
>>340315972
Hate this shit soo much.

>numbani
>me and another skirmishing 5 of the enemy
>die while doing damage to several but not enough to finish anyone
>hope there is some follow up since a ton of them are weak
>pharah is dicking around in a side buiding
>mei is dicking around in a side building
>widowmaker is dicking around in a building
>genji the flanker is the only person helping me skirmish
>>
>>340316658

It does feel scummy to solo take-down a Reinhardt, but I might as well enjoy it while I can. That and getting completely bullshit hooks with Roadhog I should have never got are some of the things I feel the worst about doing.
>>
>>340315972
>playing Lucio on attack
>our Reinhardt rockets off into the sunset every time he sees an enemy in the horizon
>they flank and rip our assholes apart
>"What the fuck team?! Help me!"
>lose
>>
>>340310081
>>340312495
I'm quoting Blizzard and Gamespot retards
>>
>>340316658
his right click should literally not exist

Its the reason hes such an amazing tank buster.

Flashbang left click on head will continue to be amazing at killing trajers at genjis
>>
>>340316707
>Shitter isn't moving as a sniper.
>>
>>340316754
I can understand Mei and Tracer but why the fuck D.Va?
>>
Snipers are always anti-fun but Widow takes the fucking cake.
>Gun charges way too fucking fast
>Even then you can fire it at any time during the charge so there is almost no delay between shots
>Can one shot some characters with body shots
>Can one shot everyone else bar tanks with a single headshot
>Can two shot everyone but tanks with a charged + uncharged
>Has a hook to get into annoying places other characters can't reach
>Can you said hook to instantly escape if you catch her
>As if you would ever fucking catch her because she always knows where you are thanks to her wallhack ult
>Wallhack ult is teamwide so they all fucking see you flanking
>Even if widow dies the ult carries on
>Her main weapon doubles as a machine gun without having to weapon swap
>Even if you close the gap on a widow she will just bodyshot you then finish you with her assault rifle
>Also has a mine for the fuck of it
>HAS 200 THATS TWO HUNDRED HP WHICH IS AS MUCH AS FRONTLINE SKIRMISHERS

Which by the way is two direct hit rockets from a pharah or one direct and two splashes exactly

Some cuck at Blizzard likes her a bit too much I think.
>>
>>340316754
Play mccreed. He hard counters tracer and mei so fucking hard.

>D'va
Are you the shittiest player in the world? She is literally just free ult meter right now.
>>
>>340316928
Fan the hammer is getting its damage output nerfed so that he cant melt tanks, however, hell still be able to destory low hp heroes such as tracer, reaper, genji etc
>>
>>340316168
So you want to completely remove his ability to combo his skills?
>>
>>340317078
Killing her nets me zero satisfaction. My team dying to her telegraphed ult is a big reason too.

>>340317137
>reading comprehension
>>
>>340316490
>where they perceive they were behind a wall, that this is a problem with server tick rate.

Yes, foolish players -- it's not that the server is being updating slowly, it's that we made hitboxes so huge you can be hit around a wall. Please realize that the problems with our game are more unfathomably simple than your puny mind can comprehend.
>>
>>340316395
I'd consider losing 20 hp barely being hit.
>>
>>340313465
Whats your point?
>>
reading this thread makes me happy that stupid shitters aren't in charge of balance changes. Kaplan recently talked about Mcree nerfs. Only thing that is going to happen is FaN damage reduction so he can't melt tanks quite as easily. Basically forcing Mcree to decide to stick around and try to finish them off or not.

Mcree was my first hero I started playing and I have the most hours in him. It's pretty amazing how you can outplay most Mcree players with basic game sense and knowledge. git gud faggots.
>>
>>340310271
McCrees stun grenade is not the problem, he's supposed to be very good at 1v1 that is the entire point of him existing.

The issue is that he's more than that, he can solo tanks and take on multiple enemies at close range with his hammer fan.

>exclusively using him to flank
Yes, that is what he is meant to do.
>>
Dva buff when
her pistol is better than the whole of the mech
>>
no worries, blizzard will nerf him into complete uselessness

>people thinking blizzard makes games instead of BF skinner boxes
>>
>>340317353
Really? I love killing D'Vas. It feels good to unload on her mech with a shotgun and then gun her midair after she bails out.
Also dumbasses dying to her extremely easy to dodge ult isn't really her fault.
>>
>>340311621

Giving Bastion his shield back and reducing the insane damage he does would probably make him both more fun to fight and to use.
>>
File: 1453257218339.jpg (178 KB, 899x605) Image search: [Google]
1453257218339.jpg
178 KB, 899x605
>>340309312

McQueef fags literally BTFO
>>
>>340317517
She's getting better hitboxes next patch so the mech can be slightly tankier.
>>
File: 1454111018081.gif (640 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1454111018081.gif
640 KB, 209x215
Legit, the only terribly broken character is Widowmaker, and they refuse to acknowledge it because console users are so shit at the game.

Any capable person who plays shooters can augment her to shut down entire enemy teams.

>Jump into scopes to be in constant motion
>Charge at 1 second
>Shoot

Since its hitscan, it can kill most of the cast in 2 body shots which is crazy, or one shot most characters with a headshot (which is easy too with the fact that you have no downtime between shots]

Wallhack makes her anticipate people coming around walls, has SUPER mobility with the grapple, on top of a mine that tells her when someone is flanking, and has the SAME fucking hp as someone in a god damn mech suit or full armor. Why the FUCK did they even buff her in the beta? She was fine at 150 HP, and I love how she can one shot Zenyatta with a body shot. Why would they make a class like her anyways? She requires very little skill if you get the practice in, and is never actually in the heat of combat but rather constantly in the back playing an entirely different game of a shooting gallery.
>>
>>340317223
I really hate the rng component to it.

>>340317353
Fun to play against or as is really subjective. Mei is only anti fun when you're a scrub. Fun to play as.

Tracer is fun to play as and against. Lots of mind games dodging and aim adjustment.

How the fuck is D'va anti fun? Shes certainly fun to play as, just needs a buff to be more viable.
>>
>It's high n- *BANG* Euugh!

everytim
>>
>>340309312

Patch notes that will never happen

>McCree's flashbang no longer stuns, now it whites out the screen and mutes sound for 1.5 seconds, up from it's 0.7 second stun.

>Mei's Cryoblaster primary fire now only slows characters. Only her ultimate can freeze people. Cryoblaster primary damage has been increased to compensate.

>Roadhog's Hook no longer stuns and only pulls the target to him. Players are free to turn, fire and use abilities during the hook animation. Hook no longer centres the trapped player's camera on Roadhog.

>Hanzo's ultimate now needs the arrow to fly a minimum distance before unleashing it's dragons/wolves. If it impacts an obstacle before the minimum distance the arrow is inert and the ultimate is refunded 50% of the gauge.

>Increased delay in Torbjorn's turret target acquisition speed, rotation speed and reigned in it's range. The Turret's laser sight is also only visible to Torbjorn.

>Reduced the rate of fire on Widowmaker's rifle in sniper mode to 1 round every 2 seconds.

>Zenyatta's HP increased by 10
>>
>>340317469
This, even without his roll, fan is really powerful. It's not like his regular reload animation is that long, it just becomes even more annoying with insta-reload with roll. I'm fine with flashbang but the fan just melts everything in close range instantly.
>>
>>340309312

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30JqYtvj7Nc&feature=youtu.be

FUCK YOU MCREEEEEEEE
>>
>>340317469
Don't forget the flexibility to hitscan pharahs out of the sky and throw some pretty good damage against anyone at any range.

Hitscan is fucking amazing in a game like this.

Pro level play right now is hitscan central.
>>
>>340316153
respected senpai
>>
File: 6c3.png (756 KB, 893x895) Image search: [Google]
6c3.png
756 KB, 893x895
>>340309312
>main mercy
>helping every team member
>team rage quits when lossing to bastion and mcqeer
Why do people take shit so seriously
>>
>>340317639
Nowhere did I claim that my opinions were fact. Just like how I disagree with your cancerous opinions.
>>
>>340317624
>because console users are so shit at the game.
They're balancing consoles and PC separately.
>>
>Playing Rein or Zarya
>Use ult
>Nobody on your teams attacks them while they're helpless
Everytime
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>>340312705
>Playing Lucio
>Some WM keeps shooting at us, but I don't want to stray too far from the group
>Someone changes to Monkey
>Haven't heard a shot from WM the entire match since Winston keeps jumping over to harrases her
I love Winston players.
>>
>>340316079
How can you nerf McCree without making him completely useless? I mean, it's sorta bs that he can kill anyone sometimes but what kind of Hero is he if he suddenly can't? Then he has nothing.
>>
>>340317574
Along those lines they honestly need to just make him less of an asshole at a range. A weapon that can kill you in a second shouldn't be able to do so from across the map too. Buff his HP and rifle if necessary but his deployed form needs lower accuracy or more damage dropoff.
>>
>>340317675
I like this. First time I've ever seen OW sugguestions on OW that could be decent.

Only think I don't like the the change to the turret. The higher and higher in skill you go the worse his turret gets. I'm at an MMR where hes countered too easily.
>>
>>340318020
>plain Rein
>use shield
>nobody stands behind it
>run in front and die
>leave the match
>>
>>340309312
>JP Mccree is literally, hey there! hehehe, excuse me
Fuck I hate him so much
>>
>>340317890
shitter
>>
>>340318143
I think a good nerf would be turning his hammer fan into an ability with a cooldown.

He's still monstrously good at 1v1 as he should be, but if you go against 2 or 3 enemies alone you'll get stomped. As it stands now you can take on 2 people at once with relative ease.
>>
>>340317675
>Mei's Cryoblaster primary fire now only slows characters. Only her ultimate can freeze people.
No. She's meant to be unfun to play against.
>>
>>340311082
>If she's designed to be complete cancer that makes it okay!
Kill yourself mei faggot
>>
The only hero I hate is Widowmaker.

If youre not a tank
>Bodyshot
>Chip damage
>Dead
Ebin
>>
>It's a "/v/ thinks it knows a thing about game balance" thread
Not to say Blizzard is better, but half you guys are clearly shitters who don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>340317675
>Pharah has the additional ability to dash a few meters to the left midair or on the ground
>>
>>340318435
and here I was going for headshots 100% of the time
>>
>>340318325
This is why you're not in charge of balance. If fan has a cooldown he can't kill any tank heroes.
>>
>>340317365
You're not gonna take it out in one peak though.
>>
>>340310319
What's the problem with generous hitboxes other than "this isn't as precise as counter-strike?"
>>
>>340318652
>one guy can't solo a 600 health tank without giving said tank a chance to fight back

This is bad balance to you?
>>
Hate that fucking cowboy. He might not be so bad if his ultimate didn't charge so damn quickly. Even still, his normal attacks do way too much damageand then they gave that damage crits on top of it. Dude is broken.
>>
>>340318325
Not who you're talking to, but I think Mccree is fine the way he is.

then again I'm a Pharaoh/Junkrat/Roadhog/Buddha main
>>
>>340309780

>every time I die to widowmaker it's because she's playing widowmaker how the class should be played
>>
>>340310434
Your 'i spent the rest of my allowance on battleborn and now my mom wont give me more for overwatch' is showing
>>
>>340318652
blizz literally made a post saying hes too good at destroying tanks and that is the opposite of his current role
>>
>>340317459
probably that mcree and widow are the most used characters
no matter the role
>>
>>340319250
Well they bring fast and exciting gameplay.

What kind of meta do you want senpai?
>>
>>340319327
just bodyshot my shit up
>>
>>340318334
>She's meant to be unfun to play against
Why would you ever design a character like that
>>
>>340311621
I still think people have to relearn how to play Bastion at higher levels. He's a hit and run type of character. You're supposed to constantly be switching between the two stances and set up in turret mode only to ambush once then retreat and set up again. People don't realize that he's still strong in his recon mode too.
>>
Fuck McCree, Soldier 76 is OP, but I hope they don't nerf him as 90% of the time when picking him I end up owning.
>>
>>340317675
>Roadhogs left click got less damage fall off
>right clicks initial projectile before the burst is alot faster
>6 bullets per mag..scrap thing
>>
>>340319097
>Give him an 865 damage nuke and a stun, and no falloff damage
>HE'S TOO GOOD AT KILLING TANKS, WHO AT MOST HAVE 700 HP SANS BARRIERS
They're fucking retarded. What is his current intended role, being picked every game?
>>
Everything would be better if Widowmaker's charge rate and rate of fire were lowered. At least then I'll have a chance to go back around a corner after immediately being shot to 20 health.
>>
>>340319456
>new hero that gives off an ear shattering scream each time they hit you
>ultimate is to have an 8 second long map wide scream
>character is fine because they're meant to be unfun
>>
File: 1388860118939.jpg (10 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
1388860118939.jpg
10 KB, 230x219
>Playing with dumbasses
>Enemy team on defense is a team of 2 bastions 2 toblerones and a hanzo and widow
>My team single file runs in there without attempting to counterpick at all and dies over and over
>Can't counter entirely on my own
>Say fuck it and pick Zarya since I never play her
>lshift
>Instant 100 energy from both Bastions
>mfw becoming death incarnate and turning the match around
>>
>>340319097
And again here's why you don't get to balance. Maybe he's too good. That doesn't mean you should completely neuter him and that's what giving fan a cooldown would do.
>>
>>340319553
This.

Maybe lower Hanzo's projectile hitbox and the head hitbox of every hero but only on PC.
>>
>>340317675
>the last one
ouch
>>
File: 1454375666734.jpg (251 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454375666734.jpg
251 KB, 1280x720
why does overwatch attract the most casual and low skill players who think theyre good?

this is even worse than smash 4 threads or sfv threads, jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>340319623
Yeah that's fine. When do they come out?
>>
>>340319539
Close Quarters anti mobility.

They nerfed his ranged power by giving him damage fall off (it wasn't enough to make him not crazy flexible cause hitscan and headshots).

Its ludicrous how obviously broken he is.
>>
>>340319623
I would play the shit out of that character
>>
>>340319841
You're right, he should at least be able to instakill 2 people, without using his ult, before being vulnerable.
>>
>>340317675
>McCree's flashbang no longer stuns, now it whites out the screen and mutes sound for 1.5 seconds, up from it's 0.7 second stun.

Wow great job you whited out my screen. so let me just press E as Tracer and nullify your purpose as a character.

>>340317461
>>340318482

honestly this. you people are REALLY bad at games. which is funny since you have no lives anyway, one would assume you would all be really good at games.
>>
>>340309312
It's all good, I'm that Genji that reflects your high noon and headshots back at you.
>>
>>340319841
I never said he should get a cooldown on fan the hammer.

Keep in mind anon, anyone you reply to is not the same person who will reply to you on an anonymous board. Welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>340313061
You didn't play it didn't you?
>>
>press Q to get POTG : TG
>thinking you're going to be an e-athlete because you play this

At least CS GO requires skill
>>
>>340320104
That's why it's poor 4chaniquette to just jump into other people's conversations.
>>
>>340317675
>buffing Zenyatta

Not without gutting Discord. That shit's too strong and the only reason it's ok is because Zenyatta dies to a breeze.
>>
>>340317675
>mcCree
could be fun
>Mei
Eh
>Roadhog
Why do you hate him? The hook isn't even that amazing. Not forcing the camera on him I would appreciate though.
>Hanzo
His ult isn't even that good
>Torbjorn
maybe for the best, not convinced he's that good yet however
>Widowmaker
Might be OK
>Zen
yeah whatever
>>
>>340317461
>>340318482
>Insecure guys with 50% winrates pretend to know as much about balance as anyone else
kek and dekt
>>
>>340320168
no
>>
File: 1461579859009.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
1461579859009.gif
1 MB, 207x207
>>340316814
>play mercy
>healslutting the hell out of Reinhardt, staying behind his shield so I can safely heal other teammates
>he charges into the front lines while we are defending
>I'm not even bothering anymore, just let him die because of his own stupidity
>>
>>340319623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OcvLrsD7eU
>>
File: 1413278641503.jpg (23 KB, 288x348) Image search: [Google]
1413278641503.jpg
23 KB, 288x348
>>340320140
>At least CS GO requires skill
>>
File: butwhy.jpg (23 KB, 297x564) Image search: [Google]
butwhy.jpg
23 KB, 297x564
>>340311621
>Set up over objective.
>Get killed.
>They wisen up and zone me out.
>Start setting up over commonly frequented paths and hallways not directly overlooking the objective.
>Get kills.
>Get counter picked and focused down.
>Repick.

This is a simple game, anons. Nobody is OP or useless. Play around your issues. Not that hard, jesus...

Oh, except for Widowmaker. That hero has no place in a game with headshot hitboxes twice the size of the actual character models. Feel free to shitpost about her.
>>
>>340320885

McCree and Widow are both getting the nerf bat.

But I'm glad no one is touching my husbando S76
>>
Anyone who thinks Winston is bad is a scrub shitter who doesn't know how to play the game.

He's the 2nd best tank and one of the best harassers in the game.
>>
>>340319426
The game needs playmaker characters.

It will look stupid as a competitive game without widowmaker wrecking shit.

A on point widow is the hypest shit ever.
>>
>>340321098
Who ever said winston was bad?

His initiation is insane.
>>
>>340320140
>first shot inaccuracy
>have to be standing still to even be accurate

toppest keks
>>
>>340321220
>be roadhog
>got a buddy playing zenyatta
>winston jumps in
>gets discorded
>hook+oneshot him

Wow what a scary guy.
>>
>>340321450
>have good coordination
>shut a character down
Wow what skill.
>>
File: lego man is autismal as fuck.jpg (29 KB, 345x281) Image search: [Google]
lego man is autismal as fuck.jpg
29 KB, 345x281
>After newest patch, Anti-AFK only checks for movement.
>Firing and looking around doesn't count.
>Turret mode with Bastion can get you kicked.

This is the most Blizzard thing I've seen so far in 2016. AAA company, everybody. $3 billion on Candy Crush, but can't afford a competent patch team.
>>
>>340309312
i want to die between widowmakers thighs
>>
>>340312226
one issue
you can't control who the turrent attacks, it just attacks whoever is closest
>>
>>340321098
winston isn't a tank, he's a squishy assassin with a shitty bubble shield
>>
>>340309312
>overwatch
>fun
No.
>>
They shouldn't nerf anyone, people should just git gud. McCree is not a worry if you're out of range of his flashbang.
>>
>>340310970
You can't shit on Hanzo, I main him and let me tell you, I get fucked all the time, yeah there's the hanzo player that spams, but if you use him correctly he's a good time. Plus you already shit on widowmaker(with good reason she's a fucking cunt) so leave the other sniper alone lmao
>>
>>340321682
>isn't a tank
>giga nigga mode is an automatic push
>shield is good unless you're a retard who can't place it right
>he's an assassin with the lowest DPS in the game
>implying he's squishy with 500 health

The only squishy tank is D.Va and that's because her critical shot hitbox is the whole mech face.
>>
>>340321682

Winston can take a lot of damage in the right hands.

Bubble shields, his rage mode, followed by additional bubble shields, end up make him quite difficult to kill.

He naturally pulls aggro.
>>
File: fuck that shittt.png (99 KB, 220x193) Image search: [Google]
fuck that shittt.png
99 KB, 220x193
>>340320140
Mastering Counter Strike's retarded way bullet spread is calculated doesn't feel skillful to me. It just feels like stupid unfun nerd shit.

But then I think the same shit about "Juggle-All-Day" tourneyfag fighting games, so what the fuck do I know...
>>
>>340321760
Hanzo would fit right into DS2 with his shockwave. That should be reason enough to shit on him.
>>
>>340321760
>hanzo
>sniper
pick one
>>
>>340322019
I wish CS 1.6 would just be remastered.
>>
Can we talk about roadhogs heal ?
>>
File: 1390006977109.png (50 KB, 180x133) Image search: [Google]
1390006977109.png
50 KB, 180x133
Post yfw "WOAH THERE!"
>>
>>340311869
its projectiles, reataarads
>>
>>340318686
Play the fucking game. The "problem" is that in every other match you have a fucking Widow or Hanzo that's instagibbing any non tanks left and right, because they essentially have fucking cheats.

It's bad enough that fucking 20 years later after the first snipers ruined online games with their pussy "imma shoot you from 50x beyond your range, and instagib you, with no skill required and no risk to myself" bullshit, they still decide to include this fucking retard class in modern games... but to give them this bullshit unfair advantage they don't even need just to make extra sure they're gonna fuck up the game for you?

Let's just say, if it was up to me and I had my own servers, then already back in CS, DoD etc I would've made mine without a single fucking sniper. You either get in there and fight like a fucking man in a situation where the other guy has a chance to defend themselves and return fire, where it's skill vs. skill... or you get the fuck out, pussy.
>>
File: 1464553698537.jpg (42 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1464553698537.jpg
42 KB, 500x281
>>340322529
>>
>>340310970
>Tracer rewind gives her full HP
Incorrect. Only gives her that much if she was there a few seconds prior.
>>
>>340309312
>every death in the game feels fair, I could have played differently and that wouldn't have happened
>but then there's these two with their completely bullshit abilities and power
McCree's damage output is insane by default, the flashbang is just the shit-icing on the cake to ensure he never misses the fan and you can't retaliate. He's completely braindead, but still so effective.
Same with sniper, she one-shots from safe distances using the most easy to use sniper in history. Even if she misses, she can most of the time just try again since the fire rate is way too good and there's no recoil, and most characters move too slow to move into cover.
>>
do they still have that random brawl mode from the beta that allows you to random char on death?
>>
>>340321760
It's not okay for either Hanzo or Widow to oneshot a tracer with a bodyshot
>>
>>340310857
How the fuck can you even compare them? Tracer takes insane skill to play right, unlike Widowsissy, and is right there in close range trading hits, skill vs. skill, unlike Widowpussy. Tracer will also die fucking instantly if you just hit her. Literally the only time a tracer is a problem, is when she's better than you are, and that's the way it should be.

As for Mei, she has a lot of control yes, but she's extremely immobile, and sucks ass at long ranges. And once again, she's right there in the heat of combat fighting with actual skill. Unlike that fucking pussy Widowfuck who's just sitting away in a beach 5 miles away with zero risk involved.

Case in point, Shitmaker can also instagib both Mei, even with her 250hp.

While I admit that very good Tracers and Meis can be insanely annoying, their reach is still limited. You can play around them. A good Widowmaker will literally fuck up the whole game since the only place you'll be safe is wherever the battle isn't happening, destroying the whole fucking point of the game. Especially if her team is any good.
>>
>>340323125
No it changes
>>
>>340318143
Give his fan the hammer a bigger spread so it's less effective at mid range

Give it a damage dropoff each consecutive bullet so it still destroys everyone but is less effective against tanks
>>
>>340322586
>projectiles
McCree and Widow's weapons are hitscan.
>>
>>340318143
He'd still be pretty good without the flashbang, flank->fan the hammer->sideroll-reload->fan the hammer would still kill pretty much everything but it'd feel more fair. The flashbang was added literally just to counter Tracer, as a result the rest of the cast has to suffer.
>>
>>340319475
>People don't realize that he's still strong in his recon mode too
His character hitbox is so big in recon mode and he moves so fucking slow that any "strength" he has while in recon mode won't do jack shit when people will have 100% accuracy against you.
>>
Put 4 second cooldown of Fan like Lucio has. There, perfectly balanced. He can still do his job and gank squishies but he cant melt a full hp tank.
>>
>>340321026
There's nothing to touch.
>>
>>340323653
>The flashbang was added literally just to counter Tracer
Sounds to me like making a teleporting, unkillable, self healing, uncatchable, high damage character is the real problem here.
>>
>>340323912
>Thinking Tracer is all those things

She's squishy af, git gud.
>>
>>340309812
>still bitching about mei

jesus christ you people are so stupid
>>
>>340323912
I used to think so but most characters can deal with her if they force her to use her recall. She can definitely be a nuisance and very strong, but not enough to warrant McCree's flashbang existence
>>
>>340323432
I like this. Fth should be good at close range but when I die to a McCree using it from a distance it's fucking bullshit.

Not only would the bullet spread make them more likely to miss the further away he is but the dropoff would make up for any lucky shots. This will mean McCrees will actually have to learn to fucking aim to be good with him and you can still counter him by just not getting within flashbang range.
>>
>>340324013
If you can kill her in one shot then definitely but that's a very limited group. Otherwise if you can't burst her down a good Tracer will just use her get out of kill free card.
>>
>>340316762
Who fucking cares it's a skirmish
>>
>>340318686
>implying CS has precise hitboxes in the first place
>>
File: hhhhhhaaa.png (712 KB, 766x706) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhaaa.png
712 KB, 766x706
>Genji
Balanced. Should probably have Lucio's Wallrun in his moveset.

>McCree
Overpowered. Gun's power level needs to be more on par with Mei's, wherein he can't solo tanks. Flashbang also needs tweaking.

>Pharah
A little overpowered. Splash damage needs to be less potent and more like Junkrat's grenades, but nobody will tell you this because she usually just gets picked by shitters. Her counter against Torb and Bastion is too profound with the current splash damage.

>Reaper
Mostly balanced. Ultimate should charge more slowly, because it's too effective as a solo ulti and doesn't rely that much on team mates zoning the enemy for you. He can trigger it too many times in a typical KotH match.

>Soldier 76
Mostly balanced. Ultimate should last about 2 seconds less.

>Tracer
Balanced. Perhaps slightly increase the damage on her Ultimate so it can actually force tanks to back out from a fight.

>Bastion
Slightly overpowered. Turret mode's chaingun should have longer spin-up time and/or longer reload time.

>Hanzo
Well balanced. No issues.

>Junkrat
Balanced. Maybe slow down rate of ultimate charge by a small amount. Rip Tire has a bit of a case of the Reaper ult.

>Mei
Overpowered. Cryofreeze has to remove the character from play over it's duration, as it SHOULD NOT stop payload. Ice Wall should be split into larger chunks so that removing a pillar creates larger holes.

>Toblerone
Well balanced.

>Widowmaker
Overpowered. Game should have a unique set of hitboxes (ones that aren't oversized) when playing as Widowmaker that actually demands you to be accurate. Ultimate charge rate needs to be decreased as well. Constant wall hacks is not ok. As counter-balance, slingshot recharge can be shortened by a few seconds.
>>
>>340324451
It does
>>
File: 1345585746002.jpg (108 KB, 483x314) Image search: [Google]
1345585746002.jpg
108 KB, 483x314
>it's a reinhardt pushes the cart by himself because everyone else wants to flank episode
>>
>>340310319
This really doesn't matter, that's still pretty close. Quake's square hit boxes are about a mile wide from a 45 degree angle, and IIRC headshots in Action Quake 2 were much more vague.

The head hitbox is there for everyone to shoot, not just Widowmaker.
>>
File: My icing!.jpg (151 KB, 458x657) Image search: [Google]
My icing!.jpg
151 KB, 458x657
>>340324676
>D.Va
Slightly underpowered. Needs a reworked ultimate, or additional powers while On Foot.

>Reinhardt
Well balanced.

>Roadhog
Well balanced.

>Winston
Well balanced.

>Zarya
Needs better soundscaping and/or some sort of visual effects to indicate when her ultimate is charged. Announcing it via an emote isn't pronounced enough. As counter balance, the enemy could notice these things too.

>Lucio
Well balanced.

>Mercy
Well Balanced.

>Symmetra
Should have some form of rudimentary healing to justify her Support role.

>Zennyata
Well balanced, I don't understand the memes against him.
>>
File: sponge.gif (761 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
sponge.gif
761 KB, 500x323
>Confirmed nerf to Fan the Hammer so it won't destroy tanks, shields and barriers.
>They are now looking into Widowmaker.
>>
>>340319065
Where did this retarded "You can only like 1 thing and must hate everything else" mindset come from? It's so stupid. I play both OW and BB. They each have strong points and weak points. I know you're desperate to fit in but it's anon website, no one will know or care if you don't bring up incessant BB in one thread.
>>
>>340324792
>Zarya ult.

You know you can look at your stats and see if anybody on your team has ults by the check mark under their name.
>>
>>340324676
>Splash damage needs to be less potent and more like Junkrat's grenades
So they need to do more damage and have more splash range?
>>
>>340324801
What kind of nerf though?
>>
>>340316003
So basically, hope the enemy widow is bad, and hope the enemy mccree is predictable and never changes/learns.

You're stupid.
>>
>>340324792
>Zennyata
He's just lackluster, especially when compared to the other support heroes. Yeah, he can kill SOME heroes 1v1, but you're supposed to be with your team as they defend you.

As a healer, Zenyatta is by far the worst support.
>>
Do we really need a thread complaining about McCree every hour?
>>
>>340324380
skirmish as in fighting from long range in opposition to actively pushing, not the game mode
>>
>>340325069
They just mentioned that they have started testing changes with her. They didn't really go into detail on what. Seems like changing McCree and D.Va were more important to them and are now moving on to Widow.
>>
File: overwatch.jpg (132 KB, 800x511) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.jpg
132 KB, 800x511
>>
>>340324701
I'll never understand the /v/ meme of cs not requiring aim.

Honestly its the way fuck easier to shoot rails in quake than it is hitting tiny headshot hitboxes with fast acceleration in csgo.
>>
>>340324676
>>340324792
How the fuck can you say one character is balanced while another is OP?

Do you not know what balance is? Are you a retard?

It's like saying one side of the seesaw is balanced but the other isn't.
>>
>>340325000
Junkrat's grenades need to have more physical presence in the world. It fucking pisses me off to wonder how I died and see that I got killed by some of the floatiest and easily missed projectiles in the history of video games
>>
>>340324676
Thank Christ /v/ retards don't have any control over the game
>>
>>340325347
Are you blind? They literally glow red to show that they're a threat.
>>
File: Dirty Bomb Gameplay.png (11 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Dirty Bomb Gameplay.png
11 KB, 2000x1333
>>340317675
OH BOY
>>
File: 4701571400_1367861559.png (762 KB, 803x343) Image search: [Google]
4701571400_1367861559.png
762 KB, 803x343
>>340310319
so, still pretty precise?
>>
>>340325290
Oh well, I hope they don't go the Dark Souls 3 way of doing patch notes. I also hope they don't make a habit of patching things and not adding the patch notes like they did with last patch.
>>
>>340325337
>characters that are balanced=on the same level and fit well overall in the game
>character that are OP=way too high power levels compared to the rest of the cast
Why is this hard to understand
>>
File: 9e0.jpg (59 KB, 600x704) Image search: [Google]
9e0.jpg
59 KB, 600x704
>>340325160
Only at High Noon
>>
What is up with widows constantly unzooming and rezooming after every shoot recently?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.