[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you convince Sony to continue manufacturing the God Console?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: ps2.jpg (41 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
ps2.jpg
41 KB, 600x563
How do you convince Sony to continue manufacturing the God Console?
>>
>>340281893
They stopped long ago, so never
>>
PS2 was flimsy
>>
>God Console

The PS2? it's a demigod console, but it can't touch the legend of Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.

PS2 is fine for millenium standards though.
>>
>>340281893
>legend of Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.
na the PS1 had more wonder to it than the previous gen, stepping ito 3d and making new genres never seen before, let alone discs becoming the main thing.
Ps2, while it has some innovations it was more just a graphical step up, rather than a revolution like the PS1 3d games were
>>
File: 1464798767940.gif (451 KB, 317x200) Image search: [Google]
1464798767940.gif
451 KB, 317x200
>>340282394
I tip my fedora to you
>>
>>340282394
you can emulate games on those consoles without issue on the pc
ps2 games still require shitloads of plugins and certain graphic cards to work on pc.

i wish sony would stop manufacturing the bastard child that is the ps4 and keep making ps2 and ps2 accesories.
>>
>>340282630

>na the PS1 had more wonder to it than the previous gen, stepping ito 3d and making new genres never seen before

What genres were born on PS1?

$100 any genre you mention was already done before.

>let alone discs becoming the main thing.

I never liked discs, too fragile and loading times, carts are definitely better in the long run, but I understand at the time it was cost-efficient to companies and developers.

Anyway, no, 4th gen is still the king.
>>
>>340282394

PS2 had better games.

>Silent Hill 2/3/4
>Shadow of the Colossus and Ico
>Persona, SMT
>Resident Evil 4
>Metal Gear Solid 2/3

I liked SNES, but it can't compete with that.
>>
>>340282746

Huh? I didn't say something like PC Engine or PC-88... Genesis and SNES were and are mad popular, what's fedora about it?

>>340282837
I wasn't arguing emulation, just that I don't see the PS2 as the God Console.
>>
>PS1 had Ape Escape
>PS2 had Ape Escape 2/3
>PS3 is where the "no games" meme starts
>PS4 is what keeps the meme alive

Mmmmm...
>>
>>340282921

I guess it depends on taste, I could also list like 100+ games on both Genesis and SNES that I think are better than those you mentioned, but we would be arguing endlessly.

In the end I guess it's more a generational thing. PS2 still feels too recent to me, can't see it as a classic console like I do with SNES and Genesis.

SNES also had SMT games by the way, although only in Japan. Sega CD also had SMT1.
>>
>>340281893
How do we convince sega do make a new console that can emulate all older sega games, using download and cheap add ons in case you still have the old games and that actually has good hardware.
>>
>>340283027
Such an awkward coincidence
>>
>>340282973
snes was good but you dont really have to ask nintendo to keep making the cartridges and the system since literally any shit pc can run ZSNES

the ps2 still require a medium to high end pc to emulate
>>
File: DVD-Player.jpg (171 KB, 1877x608) Image search: [Google]
DVD-Player.jpg
171 KB, 1877x608
>>340281893
They still manufacture the only gimmick the PS2 was worth owning for.
>>
>>340283304
i just built a 'medium to high end' pc for like $150

just learn how to get deals and haggle and stop whining about ps2 emulation.
>>
File: image (2).jpg (4 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
image (2).jpg
4 KB, 250x240
>>340283027
FUCK 8TH GEN
THIS SHIT INFURIATES ME SO MUCH
>>
>>340282881
lots of new genres were created on the PS1 and many more were improved upon.
the majority of games on the previous gen were platform, eat um up, fighting, racing or sport sim.
PS1 had all those genres but better, in 3d, as well as adding pioneers of its own.
need I say MGS, RE, GT, TR all becoming long running franchises that are household names

I suppose it is subjective but I was more wowed by games that came out on the PS1 era than the gen before, or the next gen (other than GTA3)
>>
>>340283085

m8, my first console was the NES and I still have my SNES and Genesis even now.
It's not a generational thing, PS2 just had better games.
>>
PS2 was grat balance between 3d graphics, development time and content in game.
Its game library is so friggin big and diverse that I can only cry, when i look at current and previous gen. It's kinda surprising, when it was not only weak, but also shit to code.
| wish PSTwo had sata port or maybe at least 2.0 usbs, instead of 1.1.
>>
>>340283528
how old are you nigga
>>
File: ros1.png (57 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
ros1.png
57 KB, 295x221
>>340283523
>lots of new genres were created on the PS1

Which ones?

Anyway, yeah, it's subjective. You just seem to have sweeter memories of the PS1 than I do, but you really are forgetting a lot of stuff if you think 4th gen didn't have more genres than the ones you mentioned, not to mention stuff like platformers or beat 'em ups were having their golden days on 4th gen, and were practically abandoned on the 5th in favor of 3D gaming.

>>340283528

It had many good games, but I wouldn't say better.
>>
>tfw ps2 mmc will always be stuck at 8mb
>>
>>340283304
>medium to high end
??? Nigga what? I'm on objectively low end hardware even by pre-2009 standards and I can run every PS2 game I want to just fine
>>
>>340281893
PCSX2
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.