[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch OC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
I came up with the concept for a character based on what Sombra looks and feels like to me. They're a huntsman with a bionic arm that has a powerful purple energy crystal stored inside it. The character uses this crystal to create a bow made of the energy that fires blots of energy, similar to arrows.

>Left click quick fires energy bolts (energy bolts appear in the hand instead of needing to be drawn from a quiver, which is why they can be quickfired)

>Right click charges an energy bolt that takes longer to draw but does considerably more damage and is more accurate

>E fires an energy bolt that creates an AoE blast of energy in a small radius, good for crowd control and group damage

>Shift turns the character invisible for a few seconds, allowing for a way of escaping against tanks and high damage heros (Widowmakers Ult negates this)

>Ult is where he calls in a powerful beast that follows the hero for a moderate amount of time, attacks enemies and creates a distraction for the hero so they can get in shots with the energy bow.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>340276631
Nothing about this is good.
>>
>>340277863
What's wrong with it then? how would you improve it?
>>
>>340276631
we don't need another coldsteel the edgehog in Overwatch, reaper is bad enough
>>
>>340278129
But how would it be "edgy"? I never mentioned personality of the character, just the skills sued and a vague description of a robotic look.
>>
>>340276631
Looks to similar to Reaper, I thought it was a reaper skin at first glance.
>>
>>340278235
nothing personnel, kid ;^)
>>
>>340278237
The character will looks nothing like this, it's just something I took inspiration from. I was thinking keeping the hood, cloak and body but having them a black\grey type of thing, similar to the armour used by the Hunters in Destiny.
>>
Pretty bad. He doesn't do anything new that all the other heroes already do.

>splash damage

Pharah can do that on ground and in the air.

Junkrat can do it safely behind cover

>invisibility escape

Good luck escaping when everything is based on mobility in this game. If you don't have an escape that makes your invincible or leap to a different position then you're fucked.

>ult that is essentially an ai partner

i mean torbjorn's turret is already that
>>
>>340277986
>>340278129
This.

Also, Overwatch doesn't need invisibility because it's a shit design decision in a game where kills mean a lot. Also, multiple characters per hero is shit because AI.

>>340278235
Your choice of words to describe him makes it sound like the bio of a Sonic OC
>>
>overwatch community making sonic tier characters
No offense OP I'm sure you're a nice dude you do what you want :)
>>
>>340278497
Yeah, I get the bio sounding stupid but this was more about the abilities that the character would sue, not the bio, as I know it needs work.
>>
>>340277986
this is literally basic tier game design shit.
this isn't unique at all
>>
>>340278445
"All the other heroes do already" is stupid. Look at Hanzo and Widow, they both have the ability to highlight enemies but it still works. Both Winston and Zarya can put up shields, but that's fine, what's wrong with having a splash damage attack with a a character that isn't designed for doing aerial attacks like Farrah. I was thinking this OC could act as a thing like a bit of a mix between Hanzos ranged capability and Genjis mobility and ability to flank enemies, but with a little bit of extra flare.
>>
>>340278905
Hanzo highlights a small area on a short cooldown, Zarya's "shield" is a barrier, not a shield. It's 200 bonus HP for a short time. Winston's "shield" is a 600 HP barrier that you can place wherever.

These are the worst comparisons you could come up with.

If you want to design shitty OCs, think of if they are fun and fair to play against. Blizzard has made every character fair to fight except two: Hanzo and Widowmaker.
A character that goes invisible is a shitty design because it's not fun to fight someone who then randomly disappears. This is why Reaper isn't fun to fight when he just wraith forms away after shooting you twice, but you can be sure of where Reaper is going, at least.
>>
>>340278905
Ok think of it this way. Why would you pick that hero instead of Pharah or junkrat?

Both those heroes can flank with their mobility and Pharah can snipe with her rockets
>>
>>340279605
Well what's an alternative to the invisibility, I agree it is pretty stupid. And the comparisons were fine, it's the same when comparing Junkrat and Farrah, they both do the same job in different ways as my OC could do. This is a very broad idea. So what's a way to make the AoE blast and Invisibility things better?
>>
>>340279738
I ahven't fleshed the character out enough to explain why it's different from the 2 of them, and that's my fauult. I was expecting soemthing similar to Hanzo with his staying in the back and assaulting when he can, but with Mcree style left and right clicks for a more offensive take on him, where one's fast and inaccurate for close range but the other is more accurate but takes longer to fire for mid to long ranges.
>>
Are we merely pretending?
>>
>>340280053
I'm glad you will never reach a position in life where you can influence decisions on anything
>>
>>340280053
Sorry for all the spelling errors, I'm monitoring this thread while playing a CS game and I'm trying to not get kicked for being AFK
>>
>>340280148
This is just a fuckaround for a throwaway Borderlands character I had that I'm trying to revitalise, I don't actually want this added to the game, just a bit of headcannon to play around with.
>>
>>340276631
>bow and arrow type class
>can go invis
>gives them concussion blast for crowd control
Usually your snipers and offense heroes don't have cc like that. Also why would we add another bow and arrow class? Even if you give them a quick fire and make it an "energy bow" it's still a bow and arrow class with concussion blast. The only good thing here is the invis, since I want someone who can trick the enemies with clones and or invis shit
>>
I created a hero too the other day. His main gimmick is to drain life from enemies and give them to an ally.

Ultimate binds you and an ally and damage taken will be split amongst you both for 6 seconds. During that time you cannot die and will endure death at 1 hp.

Thoughts?
>>
make it unique
>>
>>340280754
OP here. Sounds pretty decent to me.
>>
>>340280754
Why would you want that Ult when you have Zenyatta, Lucio and Mercy pumping out way better versions already.
>>
>>340280250
I'm talking more about the fact that the image you used is a Destiny ranger and that the skills sound ripped off of the ultimate or whatever it's called that they got in the last expansion. Are we merely pretending that this is not a complete ripoff?
>>
>>340281576
The last expasnsion introduced the ability to tether enemies to the ground with a shot from a bow, similar to this but not the same. I'm hardly ripping it off. The image is my inspiration for the character, and looks similar to what I've seen of Sombra.
>>
>>340281404
Because those ults don't make you invincible.

Finally there will be a true heal slut that sticks to one person only
>>
>>340276631
Nigger you just copy and pasted a destiny character picture
>>
>>340282761
Fucking kys I've said it was inspiration you literal cum guzzling cuck supreme.
>>
>>340276631

Since we're imagining shit OC

Some kind of psychic character. Or maybe a warcrafty style rogue.

LMB projectile with travel time, repeated hits increase damage by 33% and stacks up to 3 times for double damage. This damage stack persists on the target and not the caster. Maybe a DoT stack instead of a damage buff.

RMB brings up a dome, all attacks that pass through it has projectile speed and damage increased one way and reduces damage and speed the other way. Player alliance is not a factor, only direction of attacks. This includes movement attacks like Genji's dash or D.va's jets.

LShift Swap places with the target, about the range of a tracer blink, short cooldown, works on allies and foes.

E some sort of camouflage ability. Brief invisibility perhaps or mirroring the appearance of an enemy player, can be cast on allies.

Q AOE of E.
>>
File: King_Slime.png (2 KB, 162x145) Image search: [Google]
King_Slime.png
2 KB, 162x145
Normal attack: small bubbles that cause damage on hit, waves of 3, fast travel time but not instantaneous

Right click: bigger single bubble, slower but sticks on hit and explodes for 3 sphere's worth of aoe damage. Can only stick on characters

E: Bouncing Bubble, medium speed, after hitting a non-character it starts "bouncing" towards enemy characters. Long duration until it hits someone, but cooldown's increased for every bouncing sphere active.
Looks the same as that old movie's one.

Shift: Gel Bubble. Can only be cast on companions, shields them from % damage but slows them down for a short duration. Slightly impedes vision.

Ultimate: Carpet Fire. Weapon changes into a hydrant-type weapon that can spray gel on surfaces, enemies that come in contact with it go on fire for constant DoT damage + the sprayed area keeps burning for a while.
Can be cast on companions with Gel Bubble for hilarious "flaming man" scare tactics.
>>
>>340284476
>swap position with teammate
Time to jump off cliffs!
>>
>>340285975

>bait Lucio into punting you off a cliff
>swap places with him

>Friendly Rein shielding the team
>teleport him out of there
>Or teleport a sentry mode Bastion in front of an enemy

So much opportunity for abuse, someone fund it.
>>
NORMAL - very fast melee punch
right clicko - kick that knocks back
e - uppercuts enemy in air their cant di anything in air
shift - in fraction of nano-second strikes vital point honokidosan in every enemy in front of him causing them to go blind for few seconds it deals no dmg but good for escape
ultimate JUTSU - passive - deals 100dmg to enemy who meelees him
active - dashes to enemy and hits his(or hers) vital point bakamon causing very severe internall bleeding soem dmg on hit + bleeding dmg for few sec and slow

looks kinda like muhamad ali but faster
>>
>>340282103
but Zenyatta literally makes himself and everyone around him invincible. That's it's only purpose
>>
Here is my Overwatch character idea:

A dog in a mech.
>>
>>340286724
yes
>>
>>340286724
ok ok ok
but what about
SOVIET DOG IN A MECH
>>
>>340286724
Gotta be a corgi.
>>
>>340286824
YES
>>
>>340286724
I'm not killing any dogs.
>>
>>340286724
>>340286772
http://risingthunder.wikia.com/wiki/Vlad
>>
>>340284819
>Normal Attack
Shoot a ball of goo, ballistics like zenyatta
>E
Collapse into a puddle of goo and move around while invincible
>Shift
Vaporize and fly around as a cloud of vapor
>Ult
Shoot out strands of goo at everyone around you rooting them in place while hardening your body into a rock think DD:DA Grapnel

3 states of matter etc. etc.
>>
>>340286724
All jokes aside,we need more mechs.1 mech per category maybe.
>>
>>340286724
D.va is already in the game
>>
>>340276631
Eh
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.