[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Battleborn was released by Blizzurd? Would it be as hyped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: b lizard.png (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
b lizard.png
8 KB, 275x183
What if Battleborn was released by Blizzurd? Would it be as hyped as Overwatch? Would fangays defend it?

>Keep in mind that I'm not comparing the two games. Imagine OW doesnt exist.
>>
There would be people defending it but it would become clear that it was a failure quite soon. Look at D3 or HOTS. That's what Blizzard's Battleborn would have been like. High initial numbers, then down to a few thousand players just weeks later.
>>
When you have this much influence and marketing behind your games you can make pretty much any turd of a game successful kinda. It will not have any longevity but yeah
>>
>>340276320
If Battleborn would be relased by Blizzard, it would be called best game of the year.

It has:
-PvP
-PvE
-nice humor
-30 different non generic heroes
-13 PvE story missions
-you can play with frinds, strangers or alone (PvP and PvE)
-no real money cash shop

You could Say Battleborn is the real "Overwatch", the fans wished for.
>>
>>340277963
You're trying way too hard, shill.

What Battleborn actually has:
>You have to unlock characters in a game you paid 70 dollars for
>Even if you bought the season pass, you still have to grind to unlock the new DLC character
>Characters which they try to play off as zany and wacky when they're just plain annoying (See: Toby)
>Borderlands-tier humour, complete with memes
>A hideous art style with no consistent proportions
>A UI which makes that joke screenshot /v/ made years ago look good in comparison
>Your projectiles collide with friendly targets

We could talk about this all day, but yeah. It's not the real Overwatch. It's a failure which is wholly unique in its shittiness.
>>
File: batmas.jpg (98 KB, 265x810) Image search: [Google]
batmas.jpg
98 KB, 265x810
>>340277963
>You could Say Battleborn is the real "Overwatch", the fans wished for.

No, you couldn't.
>>
LOL u mean smite
>>
File: 1459545445618.jpg (148 KB, 862x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459545445618.jpg
148 KB, 862x1000
In what dimension would blizzard release a game that looked as shit as Battleborn?
>>
i like the overwatch chacters better

/thread
>>
>>340276320
>implying they would use gearbox's shitty artstyle
>>
>>340276320
Blizzard is a competent game dev unlike gearbox :

- They wouldn't use the shitty art style
- The characters would be far better
- The lore would be better
- The voice acting would be better
- There would be no shitty jokes for 8 years olds
- There would be no grinding to unlock characters
- The waifus would feel like real waifus and not some copy of real life feminazi
- The HUD would be polished and simple
- The gameplay wouldn't feel like I'm playing some dumb down version of Smite

Let's face it Stillborn is dead and it's not coming back. After Boderland 2, Alien Colonial Marines and Stillborn Gearbox is a failed company that will soon be out of business
>>
>>340278792
>Your projectiles collide with friendly targets

Why is this bad?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.