[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That soundtrack >That artstyle >Those early intense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Halo_3_ODST_Box_Art.png (156 KB, 256x323) Image search: [Google]
Halo_3_ODST_Box_Art.png
156 KB, 256x323
>That soundtrack
>That artstyle
>Those early intense fights
>Firefight mode

How the fuck did this get shit on by critics so hard?
>>
Because too many people don't understand that different =/= bad.
>>
>>340273982
60 dollars
>>
Wasn't it like a 3 hour title for $60 and originally planned as Dlc?
>>
Eh, I would say that it had a good atmosphere but I really didnt find the campaign fun.

Firefight was incredible though, still play it to this day, one day I will try the campaign again in coop.
>>
>>340274883
In terms of campaign length, it was maybe an hour shorter than the other halo games. But yeah, it was announced as an expansion and most people expected it to be ~30 bucks.
>>
it had halo 3 in the title instead of just halo odst
>>
>>340274853
It came with halo 3 multiplayer and all the dlc.
>>
Full retail price for a DLC campaign. Inclusion of Halo 3 MP was probably an after thought to justify the price more.

Still a great fucking game and the best Halo.
>>
>>340275141
>>340274883
Who made the decision to make it a full game?
Was it Microsoft jewing or bungie trying to chew it's leg out of the contract they had with Ms?
>>
>>340275352
>Published by Microsoft
Gee I wonder anon
>>
>>340273982
Best Halo game after Halo Custom Edition PC.
>>
>>340275352
I think I remember reading it did have to do with the contract. They needed 2 more games, MS said an expansion didn't count, so they turned ODST into a full game (probably by including Halo 3 Mythic) and sold it for 60 bucks, then they made Reach. Or maybe I'm just making stuff up, I don't know
>>
>>340275485
Yeah but bungie were bound by their contact to release 2 more halo games, so making odst a full release was a way for them to shorten it
>>
>>340275646
I don't blame them if it meant working less for Microsoft.
>>
File: 1273603131580.jpg (140 KB, 925x1200) Image search: [Google]
1273603131580.jpg
140 KB, 925x1200
>>340273982

>Play on Legendary
>Tough Luck
>Catch
>Famine
>Thunderstorm
>Tilt
>Mythic

And thats what the war is REALLY like

Fuck Master Chief
>>
>>340275980
Get rid of catch and you're on to something then anon
>>
>>340276191
This
>>
>>340275980
Famine is my favorite skull. You actually have to think about ammo.
>>
>>340273982
Was pretty mediocre to be quite honest family.
Also this >>340274853 Got a bit of a buyers remorse due to price tag.

Short as fuck too. The night time stuff with the rookie or whatever was pretty cool tho.
>>
File: Spooky frisbie.gif (395 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Spooky frisbie.gif
395 KB, 500x500
>>340273982
>still play it today
A lot of fun when friends come over, even if they just waste all my lives in firefight.
>>
>>340275220
everyone already had halo 3 and all dlc though, it was a waste
>>
boring city setting with no variety and you dont play as master cheif but a bunch of jar head retards
>>
Its a very fun game and was different from the others, but it was honestly more of dlc to tide people over till reach came out, it was more expensive than it should have been for the content but at least it was good content.
>>
>>340278029
Also just to note that good content is subjective and i understand that people have different opinions and may not like the content that was in the game.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.