[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paragon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 6OppVWb (1).jpg (536 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
6OppVWb (1).jpg
536 KB, 2560x1440
So is anyone here playing or have played Paragon? It's a 3D moba from Epic Games, currently in early access but it has had a few free weekends for people to try it out.

I like it but it's clear it has a lot of work to do in order to be a complete game.

inb4
>moba
>>
File: PLWKFlL.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
PLWKFlL.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
It looks ridiculously good, especially for a f2p game.
>>
>moba
>>
File: paragon_iggy_scorch_header[1].jpg (119 KB, 950x679) Image search: [Google]
paragon_iggy_scorch_header[1].jpg
119 KB, 950x679
>>340267146

cheekibreeki m8
>>
>console moba
>>
>>340266348
It's basically a shitty MOBA made by LoL fans.

They have shit like stealth pads for no other reason than LoL has bushes.

It's bad and will flop.
>>
Their item system completely shuts down new players, by giving players who've played longer a clear advantage with better cards. If they want the game to succeed, they should just use a regular item system. The game is too good to waste because some idiot decided that adding a card mechanic as the items was a good idea.
>>
Somehow this is so bad that even Battleborn looks good (not visually) in comparison.
>>
>>340267760
The card system ties into their monetization.
>>
>>340267760

Hopefully the card creation system will help with this.
>>
>>340267858
Battleborn was DOA, this at least has potential. What about it do you dislike?
>>
>>340267975
There's no reason for both the game map to be so big in scale and all of the characters to be SO SLOW. It is ungodly boring at its very core.
>>
>>340268135

Even after they increased the movement speed? You're practically flying across lanes these days. If it were faster I think deathballing would be an even bigger issue than it is today.
>>
It doesn't bring shit to the table.It's colorless and devoid of life.
Gameplay is literally Smite.

Holy fuck who names their characters steel and rampage,at least put some effort to your already shit designs names
>>
>>340268315
>Gameplay is literally Smite.

It's actually much worse.
>>
>>340266348

Aside the game, since when pro-3d shaders are considered good? It just hurts my eyes
>>
>>340268315

I think having elevation really brings something to a 3D moba. Just having a flat surface is pretty dull to me.

The starting characters were pretty cookie cutter shit, but I like the new additions like Iggy and Scorch, Grim.exe and Riktor.
>>
The game is visually impressive, far more so than any other in its genre. Unfortunately, the game is boring, unadventurous, and sluggish. The map is needlessly large, the objectives dubious in importance, the lanes needlessly compact, the characters are just overall poorly conceived, and the laning is the worst I've played in recent memory, and I've played damn near everything. What I played was more than enough to convince me that the game has no future unless they change many fundamental aspects. It's just plain not fun because it fails in all the aspects that make the genre compelling. I think the only damn thing they got right were hp totals.

t. guy who has been playing this shit since RoC dota

>>340267860
Maybe it shouldn't.
>>
Stay in this exact circle to get points and stuff!It's not like a match is long as fuck in the first place!
>>
>>340266348
>chromatic aberration
Into the trash
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.