[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since /v/ hates both these games, which one is worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: Fallout-4-vs.-Fallout-3.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-vs.-Fallout-3.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
Since /v/ hates both these games, which one is worse?
>>
>>340258445
I definitely got bored of 4 faster
>>
>>340258445
>>
3 was at least a new concept and revived a dead franchise. 4 is just prettier, and only marginally so at that.
>>
at least in 3 you have fun builds
>>
You could almost kind of roleplay in FO3 so if we're looking at it as an RPG that's the better one.
>>
inb4 /v/ isn't one person meme

I swear I will be incredibly mildly indifferent to your fucking post dickhole.
>>
File: 32.jpg (75 KB, 350x537) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
75 KB, 350x537
>>340258445
I thought Fallout 4 was pretty good.
>>
>>340258445
i remember Todd saying people misunderstood what f3 was supposed to be. he said it was supposed to be more of a strategic rpg yet the trailers were like this. https://youtu.be/O7a1GVlC9SM?t=114
>>
>>340258445
>I definitely got bored of 4 faster
same

the got rid of the skill system, no karma system, voice protag and no real decisions in the game, other than 1 of 3 factions and every other faction becoming your enemy.
no real decisions even in dialogue.

only things I comment 4 for was the modding, even know mods were superficial, but the visual changes to the weapons were good.
The verticality they added to the game, that was a pretty good idea

other than that the game was mediocre, not a real rpg and majorly casualized
>>
4. Worse and less weapons, uniques aren't unique, worse quests and less of them

Even when 4 is better mechanically its just worse in everything else
>>
File: 1371680409204.png (269 KB, 547x590) Image search: [Google]
1371680409204.png
269 KB, 547x590
>>340259023
>fallout 3
>strategic
>>
File: fallout_ehsa.640.jpg.png (74 KB, 628x375) Image search: [Google]
fallout_ehsa.640.jpg.png
74 KB, 628x375
>>340259023
>Todd saying
Todd lies

>mfw bethesda will never give obsidian the modding tools to let them make a better FO game live they did with NV because Todd knows NV was better than 3
>>
>>340258445
Fallout 4, no question.

>all non combat skills are now 100% useless
>Skinner box Boringlands gun drop shit
>immersion breaking death animations Boringlands shit
>VATS nerfed so much it is literally useless
>the highest difficulty is nothing but bullet sponges to the point of comedy
>dialog wheel makes absolutely no sense in the setting (it was OK in Mass Effect [you need to save the world, how many choices can you possibly have?], but in the wild west world of the post apocalypse? the whole "you can either be a good guy or a dick good guy" makes no fucking sense)
>"we want the Minecraft audience" shit tacked on (this especially makes no fucking sense since there's this little thing called MODDING TOOLS)
>voice acting makes Skyrim look Oscar worthy
>>
Question: I haven't played FO4 and I know that they've stripped away most of the RPG elements, but are the characters/narrative at least decent? I really loved the characters in NV and there were even some in FO3 that were really memorable and enjoyable, so I might be able to stomach if it my character is shit but there are at least good NPCs.

I'm so burned out on 1-NV and I just want some more content.
>>
3. At least 4 has an alright map and good gunplay and weapon selection.
>>
>>340259260
If Todd knew NV was better than 3 he would have made a better game than this shitfest.
>>
>>340259306
>but are the characters/narrative at least decent?
not really but you might get hooked with the story if you complete it within a week, If you mess around in the world like you would in NV, you will start to see the boring narrative and
"another settlement needs your hep" will start to piss you off.

play it though anon, you will enjoy it if you are a 3-NV fan, just it is shit compared to NV
>>
>>340258445
3 was good for it's time. 4 wasn't up to the standard by a large margin
>>
>>340259260
>Todd lies
Say that again.
>>
>>340259537
>If Todd knew NV was better than 3 he would have made a better game than this shitfes
bethesda can't make decent rpg games. I think after they went to mainly dialogue from text based in morrowind they have lost their rpg quest structure.
at least in NV there was multiple choices and consequences all around, there hasn't been anything like that in a beth game since morrowind
>>
>>340258783
This. I think I disliked 3 more, but 4 is worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 430x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 430x627
>>340259810
Todd Lies.
>>
>>340259297
>there's this little thing called MODDING TOOLS
bethesda cares only about console audience my dude
>>
>>
>>340259537
>If Todd knew NV was better than 3 he would have made a better game than this shitfest.
It's beyond Bethesda's ability to make a good RPG. They can set up decent style, but everything else is generally shit; Quests, Guns, Upgrades, New Mechanics, New Features, Story, Dialogue, Writing, etc.

Bethesda just isn't a good company.
>>
>>340258445
3 is worse.
3 still has shit dialog and combat was far worse than 4. 4 may be more of a shooter but at least it knows what it is. 3's combat direction was so ambiguous it had no idea what it wanted to be and suffered for it greatly. Plus the culture shock between 2 and 3's gameplay was sickening to take in. Also no metro tunnels and massive trash heap walls blocking your path.
>>
File: 1449475089208.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1449475089208.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>340259306
I thought both came close to being decent, but like with most other things in the game, they just fell short. 4 tries to copy the warring faction setup NV had, but does a pretty crappy job establishing motivations, ideologies, and backstories for nearly all of them. Companion characters were memorable, but suffered from many of the same problems seen in the main story's writing, with some characters contradicting themselves within the same conversation. However, I'd still say 3 is now the weakest, at least story-wise.
>>
>>340258445
FO4 was such a pile of shit that even normies don't like it
>>
File: 1463307893103.jpg (16 KB, 460x321) Image search: [Google]
1463307893103.jpg
16 KB, 460x321
3 was fucking terrible, and I'm not only talking about writing. Gameplay was boring as hell, and shooting did not feel good. Karma system was useless (New Vegas did it better). I didn't find any quests or settings memorable in that game.
Fallout 4, however, had a pretty enjoyable gameplay and setting. Gunplay feels much better and I thought the way power armor works was pretty cool. Even though karma is not there, certain quests can fuck you over if you choose a certain way to deal with them. I also found it pretty cool that I could unite all the factions (except Institute) for the endgame, even though the game doesn't tell you how.
As for the RPG aspect, I don't really mind the perk system as long as it was done well enough. What I really don't like is how the game tells you exactly who your characters were before the war, and that kind of kills the RP for me.
>>
Fallout 4 is just as good or just a bit worse than NV
>>
>>340258445

4 by a mile.

3 at the very least still somewhat resembles an RPG.
>>
>>340259306
as far as "narrative depth" goes, dont join the minutemen and you'll be fine. you'll start noticing copypasted quests everywhere (the name usually containing a colon), ignore them. play on the highest difficulty and don't EVER use VATS.
>>
>>340260685
Oh and they fucking butchered the brotherhood's characterization and rehashed the enclave as the main villain even though they should have been dead. Super mutants made no sense too.

Fallout 3 had no identity, it was just a sad imitation. I don't know how anyone can get behind that. At least tried to do their own thing with 4 and corrected the brotherhood's identity.

Who honestly gives a shit about dialog choices when it comes to bethesda's writing anyway. The dialog wheel would have been a travesty had it been another dev, but I just shrugged it off with bethesda.
>>
>>340261369
>M..muh RPG
>>
>>340258990

Fuck off Butters.

>>340261349

1/10 - be more subtle
>>
shit vegas wouldnt exist without FO3, as expected of a glorified piece of shit mod.
>>
Definitely 4. At least Fallout 3 despite all its MASSIVE faults had some good quests (the Tenpenny Tower one is one of the best in the whole series) and better locations. And still some sembiance of an RPG.
>>
>>340261446
what the fuck do you think this series is about. USED to be about... fuck.
>>
File: zem.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
zem.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
>>340261594
>Fallout 4
>Guy has a Roman numeral 3 on his jumpsuit
Would have been more suited for Fallout 3
>>
>>340261446
Well it certainly didn't do whatever else it wanted to be right.
>>
>>340261301
>I could unite all the factions (except Institute) for the endgame
you can't unie all the factions for the endgame. If you follow either the BoS, railroad or institute their quest line has you wipe the other 2 factions out and if you go with the minuitemen, the railroad hate you and BoS attack you endgame...
there is no peace among factions.

Kind of a no brainer to go with the BoS because they are the biggest presence and danger in the wasteland.
>>
File: FO4 Review Summary.png (1005 KB, 1279x675) Image search: [Google]
FO4 Review Summary.png
1005 KB, 1279x675
>>340258445

4 is worse because it isn't even a Fallout game anymore.

3 at least has a scotch of effort.
>>
>>340261448
Gameplay wise it shits all over New Vegas. Story wise it takes a few steps wise, and exploration wise its worse too. Both are better than Fallout 3 though
>>
>>340261807
Yes there is.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/458604254453010183/
>>
>>340261446
I don't think it's unreasonable to want a game in an RPG series to actually be a fucking RPG.
>>
File: nextgen reaction image.png (485 KB, 760x639) Image search: [Google]
nextgen reaction image.png
485 KB, 760x639
>>340261884

So gammeplay is solely gunplay for you?
>>
>>340258445
4 was worse.

At least FO3 had some atmosphere and RPG elements, along with better dialogue system. FO4 is all love and friendship defeating the enemy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp61CWg8XY0

Take your pic.
>>
>>340261982
what else is there? leveling isn't apart of gameplay. The new system has its ups and downs. I prefer NV's leveling
>>
All 3D fallouts even 3 are better than 1 and 2. NV is the best in the series.
>>
File: NV map.gif (544 KB, 1925x1104) Image search: [Google]
NV map.gif
544 KB, 1925x1104
For all the things 3 fucked up, it at least had RPG elements, and no speech wheel and voiced protag.

4 is an absolute travesty.
>>
>>340262091
>leveling isn't apart of gameplay

It's an RPG, anon. Everything inside it is gameplay.
>>
FO3 at least has an RPG framework that gives modders something to work with. It also doesn't create the expectation of a voiced protagonist, which I predict will be a major hindrance to FO4 quest mods.
>>
File: Crying 03.gif (304 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
Crying 03.gif
304 KB, 267x200
>>340258445
I-I like FO3 more than I do FO:NV and or FO4
>>
>>340261884
>Gameplay wise it shits all over New Vegas.
too bad they didn't go with different bullet types and instead went for dumb magic shit
>>
Voiced protag could be good if done right. Allow for different voices, and allow for more than 4 options. Or allow to choose a voiced protag or not. At this point if they keep going with their current system, it's best to leave out the voice.
>>
>>340262091

Perks and traits that actually affect gameplay, and speech/dialogue that actually affects gameplay and the world around you.

Oh wait, we're talking about Fallouts 3 and 4. Fuck. I guess shooting's all they have then.

And also levelling is part of gameplay if it's an RPG.

>RPG

Fuck I forgot we were talking about 3 and 4 again.

You win.
>>
>>340261946
more of a work around than an actual peaceful ending, might as well just do quests and stop at any point where it indicates that you are about to become enemies with another faction.
exactly what I did in NV, did quests for all the possible factions until I could no more.
>>
>>340262303

Fuck off back to /a/ you stuttering faggot.
>>
>>340262312
They literally just made it into Skyrim with guns.

It's amazing how they decided to do away with the semi-realistic approach Fallout used before, only to introduce fucking synthetic people made by some underground scientist as well as teleportation and magic bullets.
>>
>>340262091
>what else is there?
The fact that you're even asking what more there is to gameplay than gunplay is the reason why Bethesda RPGs are becoming gradually more and more shit.
>>
>>340262015
>FO4 is all love and friendship defeating the enemy.
You just literally described 3. BoS were literally knights of justice in that game, while the Enclave were the evil oppressors. 4's factions were more grayed out, as every faction has noble goals, but their actions can be pretty terrifying. The minutemen are arguably the most noble faction, with the greater good of the Commonwealth in mind.
>>
>>340261301
>doing anything to preserve the railroad
Look I get it, synths are living, feeling and thinking beings but does anybody here actually think the railroad is even a contender compared to the brotherhood or the institute? Or that they could enforce even the slightest bit of order or law on the commonwealth?
>>
>>340258445
It's close, but while the base-building is ultimately pointless, it can still be F U N in 4, and I think the gunplay is significantly improved in 4.
Also I liked Nick Valentine.
>>
>>340262473
even skyrim didn't have this fuckawful borderlands tier shit though
more and more games are doing this garbage, it's awful
>>
>>340262492
You could still be a bad person in FO3. In FO4 you literally have to make friends with everyone and help settlements and help people. Even the negative responses still lead to a positive outcome, except you're gonna sound like an asshole (which is completely meaningless gameplay wise because NO KARMA). That's just retarded.
>>
>>340262473
But anon, Fallout series was always whacky as fuck, ever since Fallout 1.
>>
>>340262625
>fuckawful borderlands tier shit though
what are you talking about?
>>
>>340262712
the loot/mod system
>>
>>340262672
It was never magic-tier whacky though. Previous Fallouts were kinda believable actually. Things made sense. But in FO4 all of the sudden post-war where supposedly everything was trashed, a small group of scientist managed to hide underground somehow and without the access to any resources managed to make synthetic people and teleportation? None of which was remotely possible before the war when they still had resources and shit?

I mean fucking teleportation? Really?
>>
>>340262712

Legendary bullshit, and horrible attempts at humor.

Example below. It's timed, so might not work embeded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs&t=16m0s

If you want embeded go to exactly 16 minutes in.
>>
>>340262840
New Vegas had teleportation and replicators.

Enchanted guns are still incredibly fucking stupid.
>>
>>340262479
lol WHAT FUCKING ELSE is there for core gameplay in 4 or NV? What sneaking? Swimming? What?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVQ9KaPxRI
>>
>>340258445
They are both shit. 4 did all the same stuff but marginally better, but only after we got tired of it in 3. So to some newfriend 3 would seem as the worse one, yet still 4 will be widely remembered as the shittier one.
>>
>>340262981
Okay, fair point.

>>340262816
Yeah, the mod system actually fucked the guns up imo. Was literally no point picking up different guns. You just carried one gun that was fully modded and that was it.
>>
>>340263158
>New Vegas had teleportation and replicators.
It... did?
>>
>>340261594
> (the Tenpenny Tower one is one of the best in the whole series)
Wutttttttttttt
>>
>>340263187

For NV.

Ability to make actual builds, because in 4 you're always railroaded itno being a nice good parents.
Speech choices that actually affects gameplay.
Factions that actually work and are pretty varied.
Traits and perks that actually affect gameplay.
Quests that are actually branching.
>>
>>340263410
Old World Blues was full of wacky SCIENCE! shit.
>>
>>340263410
In Old World Blues.

Gotta say though - there it fitted alright in the atmosphere of an insane science experiment gone bonkers. Meanwhile the Institute is something we are supposed to take with a straight face.
>>
>>340258445
I would go back in time and refund 4 if i could. I had more fun playing Ultima IX.
>>
>>340263482
>>340263570
Oh okay. I didn't play the DLCs. Well I guess you can still put it down as non-canon or something. While in FO4 we're supposed to believe this shit is 100% canon, even if it makes ZERO sense. It might be more believable if they branded it as "pre-war tech" but there's just no fucking way this could happen post-war.
>>
>>340263187
Exploring, leveling up and making builds, doing quests, looting places, talking to people.
>>
>>340263187

Better writing

Better companions

Better companion controls

Unique companion perks

Companion quests

Smoother third person

Iron sights

Weapon mods

VATS is supposedly tweaked to feel less like cheating and more like a power up, high targetting % requires you to be closer than before

new special attacks with melee weapons in VATS

More quests than Fallout 3

Stimpaks only healing over time in Hardcore mode

Crippled limbs require a doctor or doctor's bag in hardcore mode, can no longer be cured by sleeping or stimpaks in hardcore mode.

Proper eating and sleep cycles required in hardcore mode making generic food and drink items more valuable than just random junk that heals tiny amounts of HP.

Gambling (hit me!)

New tag skills such as survival.

Traits return from FO1/2 allowing for more unique character playthroughs. Traits offer both positives and negatives, giving your characters a unique strength aswell as weakness.

Some skills have been streamlined together, big guns and small guns are now merged, missle launchers and fat man go in explosives, flamer in energy weapons.

Item crafting at campfires. In addition to making weapons at work benches, you can now take the local plant life and create various poisions and healing potions aswell.

DR has been completely replaced by "damage threshold" and all armor falls into either light, medium or heavy armor with positives and negatives.

The new weapon firing and holding animations supposedly look more realistic.

You can ally with any of the main factions in the main quest, you're no longer forced to side with what the game might consider the "good guys" adding more replay value than what could be found in the main story of FO3.
>>
>>340263410
Old World Blues gives you a hand-held teleportation device, and Dead Money has replicators in the Sierra Madre. But even in a world where those things exist, enchanted guns are still stupid.
>>
>>340263745
Considering how intertwined with the main game the DLC's were, I don't really see why they wouldn't be considered canon. That stuff was mostly played for laughs anyway.
>>
>>340263819
What the fuck does half of this shit have to do with core gameplay?

And ironsights, weapon mods, third person etc are all objectively better in Fallout 4.
>>
>>340263982

no fuck you

the weapon modding in 4 is buttfuck retarded
>>
Is there a mod that replaces VATS with slowmo in 4?

VATS is fucking shit.
>>
>>340258445

FO3 is a good game, I had a lot of fun with it. FO4 I literally played for 2 days and dropped it right after they started throwing in some fucking undecipherable minecraft gibberish. I don't understand in what universe is building a fucking chair is fun. I just want to shoot mutants and loot shit is that too much to ask?
>>
>>340264090
You're like an emotional child.

n-no fu-fuck you. Fallout 4's system is bertter, finding pieces to deck our your gun is much better then spending 2000 caps on a red dot or a grip or whatever.
>>
3 only because modern FO4 is for chads who wanna pretend to be nerds by playing an "RPG".
>>
>>340264386
That's exactly what Fallout 3 was when it came out though.
>>
>>340264373

It's not how you obtain them. The system is such a clusterfuck, and the ammo pairing to certain weapons makes absolutely no sense.

Then fact you can turn every single hunting rifle into a completely different sniper rifle, and a sawed off shotgun into a fucking decked out combat shotgun is fucking stupid.
>>
>>340264459

fuck good point
>>
>>340259297
>VATS useless

Not with the perk where it stacks the accuracy on each successful hit. I think its the last perk in 10 stars END though.
>>
File: 1406349047008.jpg (13 KB, 268x227) Image search: [Google]
1406349047008.jpg
13 KB, 268x227
>>340263982
>weapon mods, third person etc are all objectively better in Fallout 4
>>
>>340264514
Man I like NV more than 4, but what you're saying is just retarded. 4's upgrade system is an objective improvement, it allows for more customization and overall freedom.
>>
>>340264676

I'm not saying it isn't better, but it's not good in and of itself either.

As I said, everything is a clusterfuck. The ability to change a guns ammo type left so late is incredibly stupid as well. Guns have no personality because they all end up being the exact same weapon. All the fun guns like revolvers are left dangling with hardly any options.

It's a complete clusterfuck.
>>
>mfw I treat FO3 AMD NV as one game because TTW
>MFW I like 4
>mfw currently playing the classics

'Cause I'm a wanderer
Yeah, a wanderer
I roam around, around, around, around
>>
>>340264676
>it allows for more customization and overall freedom
Nope. In NV, you can have a machinegun and kit it out for different playstyles, or have a sniper rifle and do the same with it. In 4, modding your "rifle" turns it either into a machinegun or into a sniper rifle. Kitting those out comes down to adding a bayonet or larger stock. That's it.

And all of that doesn't mean shit since 4 has so very few weapons that the modding argument becomes completely irrelevant.
>>
>>340264514
>>340264913

don't forget how useless a lot of the upgrade paths are like reduction in recoil is barely noticeable
>>
You guys need to let go.
>>
>>340265098
We'd love to, but Todd keeps digging up the old corpses.
>>
>>340265098

Let go of what?
>>
>>340265050
I'm talking to literal delusional retards. This is objectively false. There's like 10x more mods in 4 and a there are more mods that you can put on a gun itself.
>>
They're both equally terrible.

3 is a terrible RPG.
4 is a terrible shooter.
>>
>>340265354

>starts with namecalling

just admit you're wrong

4's gun modding is nonsensical
>>
4 had much better actual gameplay mechanics and what little there was to do was better thought out. Otherwise it's a lot worse.
>>
>>340265442
I-i got called names, I'-i'm just gonna ignore everything else.

How long have you been on this site?
>>
>>340263982
Third person is fucked in 4, they cared so little that your gun doesn't even go onto your back
>>
>>340265641

Long enough to know stuttering faggots like you are always wrong.

Quality > Quantity

4 has more mods, but again a lot of them make barely any difference and are basically useless.
>>
>>340265354
>There's like 10x more mods in 4
Except they are not really mods. They are means of turning one class of weapon into another. And "+3 DMG laser lens" doesn't count.
>>
>>340258445
>Fallout 3
Terrible Fallout game, Terrible shooter, Terrible RPG, Terrible game all around

>Fallout

Terrible Fallout game, Terrible RPG
An okay looter shooter
>>
>>340265647
LOL when I first played and put my weapon away I thought the game was already glitched or bugged. Fuck fallout 4, I dropped it after a week. 3 actually kept me entertained for months almost a year even. Fallout 4 feels like a different type of game but with a fallout coat of paint.
>>
>>340265376

/thread
>>
>>340258445
At least gunplay/combat part in Fallout 4 is good and fluid.

Also, much more stable.
>>
File: Fuck You.jpg (64 KB, 500x514) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You.jpg
64 KB, 500x514

At least 3 tried retaining a dreary post apocalyptic tone. 4 just went,"What do the kids like? Borderlands? Alright."
>>
>>340265714
>>340265709
NV mods do the same shit that 4 mods do. Percentage changes in a weapon's stats, and sights, and the ocasional goofy mod.

It's the same exact shit except 4 has more.
>>
>>340266119
>It's the same exact shit

It was more consistent. Again, majority of 4's upgrades turn every gun into the exact same thing.

The fuck you can turn a short hunting rifle into a hardened sniper rifle is fucking retarded.
>>
>>340266339
>you can turn a short hunting rifle into a hardened sniper rifle is fucking retarded.

how so?
With the tools and material you can do anything.
>>
>>340266339

>The fuck

kek I meant the fact*
>>
>>340266339
>I hate options

Don't turn it into a sniper then.
>>
>>340266420

>you can do anything

That's the problem. You should be able to have a top notch hunting rifle and top notch sniper rifle. Turning one into the other is lazy design.
>>
>>340265882
As a newcomer to the series, I can definitely say I prefer 3 over 4

They both have absolutely horrid stories and retarded settings (diamond city and megaton are nearly identical) but 4 is basically just CoD with your only character options being perks, and I really didn't like the 4-option limit for dialogue. Felt like how limited mass effect 3 was.

After I get all the achievements in 3 I'm moving on to new Vegas, I hear it's the best received one
>>
>>340266428

That's a stupid defense. Then I've left with a weak hunting rifle because of the shitty ammo mods. Why can't I have a hunting rifle with decent output without turning it into a full blown sniper rifle?

Oh because options.
>>
>>340266420
>With the tools and material you can do anything.
No.

You can't turn one type of lock into another. You can't double the length of barrel and not have it torn away by the gunpowder gasses. You can't magically refit a rifle to take ammo twice it's original caliber.

At this point, these are no guns - they are magical abstract entities that take different bullet-spewing forms according to your wishes.
>>
>>340266578
>I hear it's the best received one

From Fallout fans who started with 1 and 2. People who started with 3 prefer 3 because they're plebs
>>
not playing another Fallout whilst Bethesda make it, probably a waste of time but pls sign petition
change.org/p/zenimax-media-inc-contract-obsidian-entertainment-for-future-fallout-games
>>
>>340266658
>You can't double the length of barrel
No, but you can replace the short one with a longer one.

Don't ask me how the MC has such knowledge about manufacturing, but it works.
>>
>>340262303
Kill yourself weeb
>>
>>340266824
>but it works

Fuck off Todd. It doesn't work.

Giving the sawed off shotgun a longer barrel is stupid.
>>
>>340266634
Turning the rifle into the sniper will increase its damage but also increase its weight.

therefore making the gun classes different.
>>
File: Itjustworks.jpg (207 KB, 508x580) Image search: [Google]
Itjustworks.jpg
207 KB, 508x580
>>340266824
>Don't ask me how the MC has such knowledge about manufacturing, but it works.
>>
>>340267014

I should be able to increase the hunting rifle's damage with a new bolt. Not changing it's class completely.
>>
>>340267091
You can increase its damage without making it a sniper.
>>
>>340258445
4 by a mile

Fallout 3 was a solid attempt at making a Fallout game in Bethesda's engine, they couldn't write for shit but the atmosphere and the General vibe of Fallout 3 mostly captured Fallout 1's atmosphere

Then Bethesda let Obsidian make Fallout New Vegas and we all saw what a solid well written RPG looks like with intertwining Questlines and True Stat based Role Playing elements

Then Bethesda throws all that out the window and goes back to writing on par with fallout 3 with a severe lack of True Role Playing elements.

Fallout 4 is irredeemably a piece of shit, they had a solid example of a good Fallout game to follow and build on, but threw that out and decided to go back to letting children write and design the quests.
>>
>>340266119
A M M O
M
M
O
>>
4 because 3 will at least run correctly on a 120hz monitor.

how could bethesda move back in time lmao
>>
>>340267172

but it still ends up being weaker than a generic combat rifle from a distance where it should be stronger

the hunting rifle as a weapon is just as useless as the pipe weapons
>>
Fallout 4 did somethings better than Fallout 3. Presence of factions, a more interesting world to explore, settlement building is pretty fun, modding weapons was pretty neat and while some may disagree I thought the quests were a bit better.

Things it did worse? Let's see here. The absolute worst offense Fallout 4 committed was stripping almost every RPG element other than perks and leveling up. Sure there was speech checks but hardly any of them mattered and there was only a handful. This alone makes it worse than Fallout 3.
Boring weapons and easy as fuck even on the highest difficulty.

Still enjoyed both games, then again I pirated both of them.
>>
File: Elder_Scroll.jpg (266 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Elder_Scroll.jpg
266 KB, 2048x1365
>>340267204
>how could bethesda move back in time
>>
>>340267264

>combat rifle is infinitely more useful than sniper rifle or hunting rifle as a sniping weapon

no joke upped hunting rifle and sniper rifle were so fucking weak I just started sniping with the overseer's gun and it actually worked out
>>
>>340258445
Fallout 4 was better in a lot of ways but I still liked 3 more if that makes sense.
>>
>>340259898
You know I feel the same way.

3 was a huge piece of shit. It didn't help that I played it after NV.

4 was just kind of a huge letdown after that. It wasn't a worse game, it was just a worse experience. The only good thing I can say about it is that my sister thought the character creator was the shit, but she doesn't play video games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp61CWg8XY0&t=22m0s

>22:00

Perfectly explains how stupidly weapons are spread out in Fallout 4, and how broken gunsmith is.
>>
>>340267617

>pipe weapons

what the fuck were they thinking

they give you so many OP guns at the start, so what's the point?
>>
File: susanna-wesslund-fallout52.jpg (497 KB, 1920x2746) Image search: [Google]
susanna-wesslund-fallout52.jpg
497 KB, 1920x2746
Fallout 3 actually managed to get the Fallout aesthetic and even atmosphere correct. There's also the fact that Fallout 3 had actual dialogue, even though it was fairly limited compared to 1/2/NV and was dumb at times, but better than no dialogue at all.

So, even though I never thought I would say this, Fallout 3 is better.
>>
File: insecurity.jpg (273 KB, 1062x1024) Image search: [Google]
insecurity.jpg
273 KB, 1062x1024
Absolute madmen
>>
>>340266692
I started with 3 and so far I've played through 3 once and now I'm on my fourth playthrough in New Vegas.
Gonna snatch 1 & 2 at one point.
>>
>>340267950

good girl
>>
>>340267731
>atmosphere
FO3 had the generic post apocalyptic atmosphere, fallout was a different take on the post apocalypse where humans weren't as well off as they were before but shit was manageable.
>>
>>340267930
>>
>>340259306
It's only my opinion, but as someone who's sunk roughly 200 hours into F3, F:NV and F4 I would have to say that F4's story/narrative/characters are by far the worst in the series. FF4 just feels so shallow and empty, like they literally just slapped a new coat of paint on a ruined house.

Even F3 had more interesting dialogue than 4. It feels like they put all their time and effort into upgrading the graphics and adding the building/workshop mechanic that everything else gets left behind.

For example, the main questline is a fucking joke. It's just a bunch of "find this x" quests with a big gun battle as a finale but totally devoid of anything meaningful.

If you'd like to play a pretty empty fallout game, you should buy it. But if you want a game with depth and dialogue then I would give it a miss.
>>
File: 1363534138384.png (125 KB, 150x297) Image search: [Google]
1363534138384.png
125 KB, 150x297
>>340262194
>played NV for years
>all those little locations I haven't actually been yet
It's truly a gift that keeps on giving
>>
>>340268083
top lel
>>
File: 1457344770253.jpg (9 KB, 236x246) Image search: [Google]
1457344770253.jpg
9 KB, 236x246
>>340268083
kek'd hard
>>
File: crips.jpg (9 KB, 189x292) Image search: [Google]
crips.jpg
9 KB, 189x292
>>340267930
>>340268083
>>
>>340268083
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW
>>
>>340267617

>his rant about the power armor

T60 still makes me mad.
>>
>/v/ is one person
>>
File: 20160607114847_1.jpg (363 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160607114847_1.jpg
363 KB, 1680x1050
So how's this for a lucky tardstrength build?
>>
>>340268264

It's a called a hivemind you dip.
>>
>>340268343

do it do it
>>
4, without a doubt.

Sure, 3 may have ripped off the plot to the first 2 games, but at least they knew where to go with that game, and how to be innovative.

Fallout 3 tried its own thing from the series. It put you in a dark desolate depressing world where you felt uneasy.

Fallout 4 looked generic as hell and pretty much just ripped off Mass Effect. You can fucking tell they barely wanted to try, because half of the soundtrack is everything from fallout 3 With the rest being some songs from the CONELRAD mod + these stupid songs that fit the story.

The only good things Fallout 4 had were the Assaultrons and Nick Valentine (aka the closest thing you will ever get to a New Vegas companion).
>>
>>340268343
>going for op builds
>>
>>340267617
>His comments

What a fucking asshole
I agree with most of his points but I sure won't give him a thumb up for being such a cunt.
>>
>>340258445
I liked fallout 3
but jesus christ once you taste nv it's literally unplayable
>>
File: 20160607115937_1.jpg (184 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160607115937_1.jpg
184 KB, 1680x1050
>>340268474
This is going to be good.
>>
4 isn't even an RPG.

But 3 feels like an overlong corridor shooter if you look at the main quest
>>
>>340258445
i didn't even pirate the f4 dlc
>>
File: 1418302081624.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
1418302081624.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>340268343
>putting anything at 10
>>
>>340268481
Nick's quest ruined him for me, I'm sticking with angry Irish bitty and child star MacCready.
>>
>>340267695
Pipe makes a pretty decent start off for machine gun.
>>
>>340268987
>Is my things. Shouldn't look at my things

FUCKING KEK
So what happens if you do this in 4?
>>
>>340269339

Which is already dwarfed by the auto pistol.
>>
3 is a pile of shit.
4 is better but still pretty bad.
>>
>>340269401
Nothing. Intelligence hardly matters.
Although to be fair, I am using a mod that adds a lot more retard dialogue.
>>
>>340269401

sarcasm
>>
>>340269432
Does auto 10m count? I'd still say pipe is the better option, more ammo for just that job.
>>
>>340269401
Nothing.

You are a productive member of suburban society with a beautiful loving wife and a cuckchild, and Anchorage vets even asked you to do the speech at the veterans hall, remember?
>>
>>340268987
Every time I put my intelligence at 1 I don't get the Stupid dialogue

Is it a mod or is my game broken?
>>
I enjoy Skyrim more than 3 or 4, but what do you expect from Bethesda's redheaded stepchild? It's not Elder Scrolls fuck that kid.
>>
>>340269401
Nothing

But sometimes there's drunk dialogue I think? You've gotta be drunk and I don't know how common it is
>>
>>340258445
3 is bad in starting a chain of games that shouldn't exist.

4 is bad as being the low point of the chain.
>>
>>340269549
>>340269472
>>
>>340269508

>more ammo

10mm ammo is fucking everywhere. And a hardened auto pistol does much more than the pipe weapon.
>>
>>340268987

this mod is amazing

link
>>
>>340269748
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46657/?
>>
>>340269616

There's no drunk dialogue. He or she just says hey or ugh drunk in a drunk voice before a conversation. In which after a choice they're magically not drunk anymore.
>>
I still hate 3 more even if 4 is just as idiotic.
>>
>>340260846
Is that a female animation?
>>
>>340262303
thats okay animechan you just have to kill yourself. :3
>>
File: 20160607122152_1.jpg (205 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160607122152_1.jpg
205 KB, 1680x1050
>>340269748
See >>340269826
It's certainly pretty good so far. Probably not entirely complete from what I could see but certainly a lot better than vanilla.
>>
File: 1464290454365.jpg (181 KB, 1743x184) Image search: [Google]
1464290454365.jpg
181 KB, 1743x184
>>
>>340266817
Obsidian died when Avellone left.
>>
File: i even fit the good number.png (70 KB, 1040x936) Image search: [Google]
i even fit the good number.png
70 KB, 1040x936
>>340266817
Heh
>>
>>340258445
4 by far, at least they attempted to make an RPG game with 3 rather than a borderlands clone
>>
>>340270339

what mod do you use to expand the text box
>>
>>340267617
>>>340262076
>Uploaded: 16.04.2016
>Uploader still comments on every single negative comment with butthurt

Someone needs to seriously calm down.
Has no problem hitting on a game for two hours, but gets overly buttblasted by some comments? Hilarious
>>
People forget how bad the writing was in fallout 3. When you meet the ant researcher in the quest "Those" you have an option to say to him "You were startled? I crapped my pants for God's sake!"
>>
>>340272486
MTUI
Some people prefer darnified UI, but I like this one since it keeps the font and style of the original.
>>
>>340272992

I don't eveeven know he is, nor do Iread YouTube comments. Simply liked his explanation of how fucked weapons are in 4.
>>
>>340272992

What are some of his replies like?
>>
>>340259537
A big chunk of 4 seems to be taking stuff from NV though, with the multiple factions to join and heavier emphasis on story. They just did it all significantly worse.
>>
>>340259602
Characterisation is a lot better certainly. The plot's dogshit though, with a decent start and some intrigue going through midway which leads up to an absolute shit ending. Ultimately the gameplays a bore though which will keep you fron really getting to the end regardless.
>>
Fallout 3 is better. I actually had more fun playing it than even New Vegas, if only because I had put 100 hours into 3 when it first came out and was thoroughly bored of it by the time NV came out, even if it was the better game.

4 has neither new and exciting gameplay like 3 or a deep, well-written story and world like NV, so it's fucking shit.
>>
>>340273607
He comments on every single comment in TotalBiscuit style
>>
>>340258445
4:

>dialogue wheel
>retarded plot holes
>better graphics
>better shooting
3:

>bad dialogue
>retarded plot holes
>worse graphics
>worse shooting

3 is worse by a narrow margin
>>
>>340259537
no he's too lazy. he'd rather shut down the competition than compete
>>
One thing people don't give props to Fallout 4 for is their companions, which are by far miles ahead of the ones in 3.
I mean really, can you think of any other game where there's a robot/slave girl you can buy as a companion who REFUSES to work with you because "you're too goody two-shoes/evil asshole"? That's Fallout 3.
>>
>>340258445
3 is a
>3/5 okay sandbox game, has some unique locations
>2/5 weak RPG, choice is mostly black/white, story has plot holes
>2/5 bad FPS, bad AI, bad graphics, bad mechanics outside VATS
4 is a
>3/5 good sandbox game, settlements are nice, but locations are just shooting galleries
>1/5 terrible RPG, choice is minimal, story is full of plot holes
>3/5 average shooter, bad AI but better mechanics and graphics

narrowly in favour of 4. Both games sold mostly on their advertising hype, not on actual merits.
>>
>>340258445
Fallout 4 was way better and the new dlc Far Harbor is so amazing with that creepy fog floating around and all kinds of cool stuff to explore. Can't wait to see more awesome dlc like this. Buying the season pass was totally worth it.
>>
>Tfw I bough the EB Games special edition of 4 with the lunchbox and shit
>Tfw fucking playing it made my soul hurt

I'm selling this shit tomorrow. It's all near new, I hardly even played the game, i'm gonna get some bigbux out of it.

Only good thing in 4 was my waifu Piper.
>>
>>340274502
Thanks Todd.
>>
>>340259023

Seeing the sugar bombs cereal in live action weirded me out.
>>
File: fallout.png (666 KB, 625x440) Image search: [Google]
fallout.png
666 KB, 625x440
>>340261446
>>
>>340274502
Please Todd think about all the EVERYTHING that can't JUST WORK as long as you are spending time shilling on this Laotian mosaic forum.
>>
>>340260846
>Companion characters were memorable

I watched a let's play of FO4. I was impressed by the character Nick Valentine. It's basically Mercer Frey doing a Humphrey Bogart impression but a NPC who is so engaged and willing to help the player in a Fallout game is so rare. Valentine acts like the selfless protagonist in a Fallout game going for max karma. It's refreshing. Everyone else in a Fallout game is all:

>Ahh! I need this! Someone has to do this for me! Go to the shithole on the edge of town and get thrashed by 600 lizard demons so you can get my doohicky back! Then I'll pay you 100 caps if you're lucky!

Valentine is like:

>You've got a problem? That's horrible, man. Is there anything I can do to help?
>>
>>340261301
>I didn't find any quests or settings memorable in that game.

The Enclave is awesome.

Their motivations are horribly written but the aesthetics are great and Malcolm McDowell did a elite tier, AAA, top class, immaculate job voicing Eden.
>>
>>340275001
To be fair, a big part of Fallout is the inherent cynicism of mankind and how people won't do things for free. The companions fit the theme fairly well. 3 had a couple of interesting (though wasted) companions that were mercenaries.
>>
>>340274134
Where the fuck is that in Fallout 3?
>>
>>340261401
>Fallout 3 had no identity, it was just a sad imitation. I don't know how anyone can get behind that.

Someone who never played 1 and 2.

me
>>
>>340262473
>It's amazing how they decided to do away with the semi-realistic approach Fallout used before, only to introduce fucking synthetic people

They had synths in Fallout 3. There was one mission where the Institute was looking for an escaped synth.
>>
>>340267014
>Turning the rifle into the sniper will increase its damage but also increase its weight.

That's retarded.
>>
4. 3 had great DLC and a few good quests.
>>
I loved 3
Liked NV, only for the survival mode or whatever it was called, it kept me looking for water and food and actually managing my bullets, other than that I feel like /v/ only likes to for the sake of hating Bethesda and muh old games, Just like when the first Dragon Age came out and everyone hated it because muh Baldur's Gate
Waiting for 4 to drop in price even more though since I doubt I will invest that much time in the game. I'm just waiting for a new TES
>>
>>340269472
Good thing there's nothing keeping people from making a similar mod for FO4, r-right guys?
>>
>>340275474
Or maybe most people here like it better because it's better in almost every way.
>>
>>340274502
>Harbor is so amazing

come on todd
>>
>>340275116
Sergeant RL-3 who you can buy to be your companion, only accepts your monetary offer if you're Neutral.
He's a Mister Gutsy and he gives a shit about karma despite being a military robot.
>>
>>340275474
> Just like when the first Dragon Age came out and everyone hated it because muh Baldur's Gate
/v/ is ok with the first DA. It's the second and the third one that gather storms of shit. And they deserve it.
>>
>>340275115
>To be fair, a big part of Fallout is the inherent cynicism of mankind and how people won't do things for free.

That's not really accurate. Some people are always more kind and giving than others. An over cynical view is world breaking. And the fact that most of what you do in Fallout is help people kind of spits on the central theme, unless you are doing an evil playthrough.
>>
>>340267930
>You can't fast travel whilst still in the air
>>
>>340259831
>in NV there was multiple choices and consequences all around, there hasn't been anything like that in a beth game since morrowind

>choices and consequences
>morrowind

what the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>340275808
Oh I agree with that DA2 completely destroyed the IP for me

But now /v/ was not okay with the first when it came out and there was so much shitposting it was one of those good games /v/ hated for now reason
>>
>>340258445

It's an even more dumbed down 3. Also, we at least got New Vegas out of 3.
>>

The only thing that was good about 4 is that the gunplay was considerably improved and ran smoother.
>>
>>340275116
>Where the fuck is that in Fallout 3?

You can buy the companion Clover from Eulogy Jones at Paradise Falls slaver camp. There is a karma check for that. She is a crazed sexpot, codependent vixen with an explosive collar around her neck.
>>
>>340261594
>(the Tenpenny Tower one is one of the best in the whole series
You are stretching it.
>>
>>340258445
4 hands down.

3 at least had a good atmosphere, a somewhat decent story, better roleplaying and better dialogue.

New Vegas perfected everything that made 3 good.

Then they made 4 which proceeded to shit all over the previous 2 Fallout games.
>>
>>340275905
The question is, what will we get out of 4?
>>
>>340262653

all people could bitch about when FO3 was new was how bad karma was for judging the player and having a morality system

now you niggers think it was good

/v/ is truly shit
>>
>>340276051
>all people could bitch about when FO3 was new was how bad karma was for judging the player and having a morality system

At least you had a choice. You could choose from two different karma paths, and this meant supporting different groups with different moral alignments.
>>
>>340276051
Nobody says it's good. Only that FO4's realization of no morality system at all is even worse than what FO3 had.
>>
>>340276037
"Fallout with swords" aka Skyrim 2.

Or maybe Fallout: Online.
>>
>>340276194
>no moral judgements in FO4
>you can basically do what you want and answer to no one, yet it's still shit somehow
>baww I have to make friends, i want to be an asshole with a quest line (just killing people or not helping them is too hard)
>also NV is better because reasons, despite all its glaring bugs and issues, mostly obsidian fanboy nonsense

there is absolutely no pleasing this fanbase
>>
File: 1406657841960.jpg (23 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
1406657841960.jpg
23 KB, 615x409
>>340276553
>you can basically do what you want and answer to no one, yet it's still shit somehow
Yes. It's shit, since nothing we ever do matters as there are absolutely no meaningful consequences. Having player's actions matter through consequences is what makes an RPG.

>baww I have to make friends
yes. It really fucking sucks that we have to tolerate and support NPCs that we have every reason to hate and want to fuck over/rob/kill/sell to slavers for profit.

>just killing people
I FUCKING WISH! FUCKING NPC IMMORTALITY!

>there is absolutely no pleasing this fanbase
>mentions how people like NV one line above that
How does it feel to be so retarded?
>>
>>340276553
>despite all its glaring bugs and issues
I pirated the game last year, have played 150 hours, and have had exactly two crashes and one companion bug out, all because I was too lazy to walk and tried to noclip instead. The game functions perfectly fine.

What "glaring bugs and issues" are you referring to exactly that haven't been fixed?
>>
>>340276553
Here's your (you)
>>
>al those fags defending the F4 crafting like it's the second coming if Jesus
It's shit and designed solely for hype just like the whole game.

It's supposed to give you an illusion of variety and options, while in reality it's just a poor half-assed excuse for lack of variety.

Mods in F4 could be divided into 2 groups:

#1.Mods that simply change the type of weapon

#2.Mods that actually modify said weapon with new features or better stats

F4 has A LOT of #1 mods while very little #2 mods. The problem with this is that in F4, while all the weapons available can function differently, there is still so fucking few of them that all of this shit is going to feel bland and samey real quick. Chief examples are pipe weapons and hunting rifle.

While in NV had huge weapon variety and pretty much all weapons were distinguishable from each other- for example even 9mm/10mm/12.7mm pistols, even if they functioned pretty much the same, they still felt different and unique when you got them.

Not to mention NV had a fuckton of diffferent ammo types a lot of different actions when compared to F4. Example:

>shotguns in NV: single action, over-under, side-by-side, lever action, pump action, semi auto

>shotguns in 4: side-by-side, semi auto

Mods in NV were supposed to add another layer of variety on top of the existing one, while in F4 mods are supposed to compensate for lack of variety.
>>
>>340277409
>shotguns in NV: single action, over-under, side-by-side, lever action, pump action, semi auto
There was also full-auto one from GRA.
>>
>>340277075
>he doesn't know how butchered the NV story is
the factional "choices" hide it pretty well and give it the illusion of depth

>>340276971
>nothing we ever do matters as there are absolutely no meaningful consequences

so all ending outcomes are the same? did we play the same game?

>yes. It really fucking sucks that we have to tolerate and support NPCs that we have every reason to hate and want to fuck over/rob/kill/sell to slavers for profit.

but you literally don't

>FUCKING NPC IMMORTALITY!

list some besides the companions

>How does it feel to be so retarded?

some people like all the games, that doesn't stop people from complaining about them
>>
>>340277489
I don't think I've seen any full auto shotguns in NV honestly.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.