[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it so fucking awful, was this shit really the best they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
Why was it so fucking awful, was this shit really the best they could come up with?

Even that FFX-2.5 thing is worse, who keeps coming up with this shit?

inb4 ffx-3
>>
>>340248041
>continuing a story that didn't need continuing
>complete tonal shift from previous game
>a disgusting mishmash of ATB combat a la previous FF games and class switching a la FF13 that does neither very well
>minigames: the game
>reused assets: the game
>girl power!

I'd say these are some good reasons.
>>
>>340248041
>FFX-2
>awful
pick one
seriously though, that game had amazing gameplay and some of the best leveling/job systems. Dumb story, but literally if this game wasn't final fantasy it'd be praised as one of the best PS2 RPGs
>>
my cock is soooooooooo fucking hard
>>
Suteki Da Ne is far cringier than anything and everything in FFX-2. God, what a horrible fucking song, it sounds like a 6 year old is singing it
>>
>>340248286
Okay I'll bite, what makes the gameplay amazing?
>>
>>340248286
I love it's campyness. It needed much more kinky sapphic shenanigans with Leblanc.
>>
>>340248041
X is awful. X-2 is pretty good.
>>
>>340248381
Rikku best girl.
>>
>>340248041
i liked the job and battle system. they did kind of shit the bed on the writing, but i can deal. i have yet to see this ff x 2.5 that people keep shit talking, but something tells me its better that way.
>>
>>340248041
I'm 38 hours in and currently loving it more than FFX. Admittedly I am still only in chapter one.

My one complaint so far is the bosses feel way too easy. I just got an oversouled Flame Dragon in Besaid and took it down in like three turns with each girl.
>>
>>340248716
>one complaint
No wait, let me correct that.
The absolute need to use some sort of guide to do some things properly is this game's biggest deficit, at least so far.
>>
>>340248415
It's not bait. The combat had some good depth, the ability to stun lock people and the payoff of delaying certain attacks to get bonus multipliers was fun. The class system had a very good amount of unlockable classes, many of which felt pretty different and exciting to max out. Yes, the garment grid is fanservice, but the actual content behind the fanservice was there. In terms of non-combat gameplay, if you did the quests each chapter, it led to some pretty challenging bonus dungeons and satisfying wrap ups with characters, with a ton of minigames in between. Some good, some bad. But lots of variety.
>>
File: 256px-Kefka_Hate.png (42 KB, 256x227) Image search: [Google]
256px-Kefka_Hate.png
42 KB, 256x227
>>340248041
It's just the beach/hotsprings OVA episode to FFX. Just for silly fun, nothing else.

>Even that FFX-2.5 thing is worse, who keeps coming up with this shit?

The same people who have been shitting on FF7's story for the last decade too.

>mfw Gackt is canon in the FF7 universe
>>
But it was fun!
>>
>>340248041
That's what happens to the most popular game in the series among the Japs: the inevitable otaku pandering. All that was missing is the annoying tsundere who physically and emotionally abuses the plain-looking beta MC.
>>
>>340249165
>mfw Gackt is canon in the FF7 universe

I really fucking hope he doesn't get shoehorned into the remake, it was one of the worst excuses for a villain this series has ever produced.
>>
THINGS ARE

DISASTERIFFIC
>>
>>340250092
I really hope they just retcon or at the very least ignore all of Crisis Core. It added nothing of value that we already knew from the original game, and like Advent Children and the rest of the compilation was just a soulless fanwank cash grab.
>>
>>340250351
Duck soup!
>>
>>340250559
Duck what?
>>
>>340249165
Thread's probably dead, but I'll ask anyway.

I just got to the part in FF6 where I get the magicite and the first four espers. Does it start to pick up from here/should I stick with it a bit longer? So far it's not quite tickling my fancy like some other JRPG's have.
>>
>>340251074
Starts getting steam when you get to Thamasa. At least for me. For you it might be Floating Continent
>>
>tfw rikku literally perfect girl
>>
key mon?????
>>
>>340251325
Alright thanks.
>>
>>340251542
No problem, some things are missable after floating continent so be wary.

>>340251332
Misspelled Paine desu
>>
>>340248943
Not that guy but sounds good to me. Is it weird that I want to play X-2 but not X?
>>
>>340251804

Nah, X-2 is kind-of an all in good fun fanservice(not just in the kinky outfit way) game. The story has some bullshit, but the game as a whole concentrates on just doing shit and having a good time.

I love X slightly more than X-2, but -2 beats the piss out of it in "let's just run around and do funky fun shit" gameplay. X is far more story driven and follow the bouncing ball.
>>
I adored X-2. Best spinoff of all time.
>>
>>340252059
And what pissed me (and a lot of other players) off about X was that it was LITERALLY a straight line from beginning to end, without so much as a sliver of the side exploration from the previous games, and you don't get the airship until the tail end of the game, and even then it's just a drop-down menu where you select where to go.
>>
>>340252059
>-2 beats the piss out of it in "let's just run around and do funky fun shit" gameplay. X is far more story driven and follow the bouncing ball.
Makes sense then because I also gave Lightning Returns a try. People start bringing up fun gameplay mechanics and I get perk up.
>>
>>340252738
LR is probably the chillest game I've ever played. I want that atmosphere back in my life.
>>
>>340248716

How the actual fuck are you still only in chapter 1 if you've been playing for 38 hours?

Are you just setting your controller down for hours at a time and counting the hours you haven't actually played it?
>>
>>340248041
This game is one of the hardest arguments in favor of abolishing story from all games.

Really, everything bad about this game was the story. The gameplay core is surprisingly solid, it's just the characters grate and the story is nonsensical, and if it wasn't a direct sequel to a mainline FF game, nobody would've given it anywhere near as much shit as it ended up getting.
>>
>>340248478
>Play X
>need to just keep soamming auto attack with a mix up of using an element to counter enemies or hit my self to get confusion off
>cant use half my spells because bosses are always immune to them

This game is so fucking shallow it makes 13 look good in comparison.
>>
>>340253880
Fiend arena.

I didn't get all the stories done but I was able to get lucky and beat the Youth League Cup once.
I'm also forcing myself not to use any of the awesome accessories or the Mascot sphere until their appropriate place in the game.
>>
>>340252714

People who played grandia games had already seen the menu shit before, so it was old hat for me and many other players by that point.

What X did was nothing especially new. It was just new to FF babbies.
>>
>>340254304
>bosses are always immune to them
>90% of the end game bosses are immune to scan
>immune to scan

That was the real bullshit.
>>
The game is like Yuna's hot pants; tight, comfortable, but a bit shameless and tarty.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.