[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GTA 4 is miles better than GTA V. It's also is the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 16
File: Bowling.jpg (420 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Bowling.jpg
420 KB, 1280x1024
GTA 4 is miles better than GTA V. It's also is the best game in the series. Come at me
>>
>>340241767
Anyone can have their opinion, even if it's wrong
>>
File: kyle_proud.gif (38 KB, 192x224) Image search: [Google]
kyle_proud.gif
38 KB, 192x224
>>340241767
You're right. Making a GTA game about a bunch of slavs fucking shit up was Rockstar's best decision. GTA V was so bland compared to IV.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
>>340241767
best online too for sure

unlike this grindfest we got going on over here with all these loading screens...
>>
>>340241767
Trying to make it visceral and realistic killed the series

Them trying to go back to the original humor in V was cringeworthy

Literally everything about IV is a massive step backwards
>>
>>340241950
Care to go more in depth on your opinion?
>>
>>340241996
Is this sarcasm? If it is it isn't very good sarcasm
>>
wow anon, you did it! You said you liked the game previously released! You're so much smarter than the rest of us anon.
>>
>>340242196
That's part of the reason it felt so fucking good. It was smart. It felt like a real immersive world. But it still retained good satire and humor it just wasn't stupid.
>>
>everyone hates on the driving of GTA IV
>i was blown away on release by the soft body crumpling and driving physics
>would drive for hours, take the subway, walk around midtown, downtown, central park etc.
>>
File: 1376899446650.jpg (21 KB, 456x306) Image search: [Google]
1376899446650.jpg
21 KB, 456x306
>>340241767
SHIT
DRIVING
>>
>>340241767
It's because Niko was really cool and interesting and V had three uninteresting shitbags who were designed to be "muh pro criminals"
>>
File: 1464294370047.jpg (21 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
1464294370047.jpg
21 KB, 236x314
>>340242265
IV had this weird mindset of going semi-realism.
Every car drove like shit because a large majority of them were shit.
The story ended up being tragically uninteresting with very few characters to actually feel were any bit human, and when they were they were MASSIVELY underused.
Most of the in-game radio music was terrible, with very few catchy tunes to sumble across, the amount of weapons was very small, AI was about the same as every gta AI, multiplayer always meandered, never having any reason to play more than 10 minutes unless you were with friends. Gunplay was awful, and by extension EVERYTHING involving movement wouldn't work from cover fire to jumping, it just felt clunky and unpolished. Overall, that's the game it all felt like some kind of rushed mess, oh and that's not even mentioning the fucking port issues.
>>
>>340242605
Go fucking play Uncharted if you want a QTE movie to play

GTA was about a large living world populated with shit to do, which IV just phoned in with its tiny world and lets go bowling kusin bullshit

No one besides retards give a fuck about Dan Housers storybooktime bullshit

They couldn't even get the driving and physics down despite it being the CORE feature of the game
>>
File: header.jpg (45 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
45 KB, 460x215
>>340241767
>GTA 4 EFLC is miles better than GTA V
fixed
>>
>>340242636

This.

For a game of that technological caliber to run on consoles was damn impressive in 2008. I must have spent hours just pushing peds down stairways and denting my car up. It was also nice to have cars that didn't explode by touching walls.

>>340243065

>Gunplay was awful

Really? Go back and play VC/SA and tell me the gunplay was any better.
>>
>>340241767
You're incorrect but allowed to feel that way
>>
>>340243251
We can compare IV and the "ctrl+left click" gunplay all day.
It doesn't make IV's shooting any better, if anything it shows rockstar knows how to fuck up more than twice.
>>
>>340241767
Yep. After playing Saints Row 2, I already got enough goofy fun, so GTAIV hit the spot for me.
also muh driving
>>
>>340243426

It was still miles better than any other GTA and even several FPS.

Outside of maybe Superhot and the Call of Juarez series I've never seen a game besides GTA IV where you can shoot guns from people's hands
>>
>>340243069
The driving physics where fine. I do wish gta 4 had all the shit 5 had. But in terms of straight interaction with the world 4 is miles ahead. It nailed the smallest details that made the world great. GTA V's world just seems more superficial.
>>
>>340243065
>every car drove like shit
???
They felt heavy and were fun to drift/powerslide with after you got a hang of the controls. Is not having arcade driving controls shit?
>>
>>340243573
>Outside of maybe Superhot and the Call of Juarez series I've never seen a game besides GTA IV where you can shoot guns from people's hands
I'm sorry you only play 5 games
>>
>>340243703

Burden's on you, show me what other games have guns that can be shot from enemies' grasps.
>>
>>340243426
>using autoaim
for what reason? That would make the game absolutely enjoyable
>>
>>340243575
Literally all that yoga bullshit in V was just implemented so that Rockstar could go on for years about so called immersion and realism
>>
>>340243575
GTA V atleast had a world, IV had nothing in it other than the story, a few side missions, and le character side activities. V is a better GTA game in pretty much every single way outside of story, the only people who like IV are movie game fags and have no relevant opinion in the series.
>>
>>340243773
Fallout, Perfect Dark, Gun, Deus Ex, Metal Gear, RDR, Time Shift. Just to name a few
>>
>>340243069
More important than le 20 copypaste sidemissions is the level of detail in the world, and making the world feel alive. While V had a lot of side shit to do that got old fast, it didnt have the same level of detail, because the whole game was more arcadey
>>
>>340243575
>The driving physics where fine
They really weren't

They were tiresome and not fun when jammed into the context of gameplay. Much like everything in the game

Its like Sam and Dan had all these plans to make some sort of artistic piece to show off their "artistic creativity" in making a living, breathing world and instead just made a shallow un fun game that looked pretty

Biggest kick in the nuts was the standout thing I loved about GTA IV, namely the insanely good ragdoll animation physics, was just stripped from V and was left with half canned animations that just look like absolute shit
>>
File: 1404522782500.jpg (61 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1404522782500.jpg
61 KB, 380x380
>brown/green
>any speed = BLUR
>shit driving
>shit multiplayer
>>
>>340243773
Lol you must be a blast at partys
>>
>>340241767

GTA IV is shit, here's why:

>awful driving controls, practically unplayable
>city is empty as fuck, nothing to do in it
>the few things there are to do , like darts, bowling or pool, were fucking shit mini-games that weren't worth doing more than once
>friends calling you all the time was super annoying
>game is ugly as fuck, grey everywhere
>story has hardly any focus, the concept of "niko is looking for someone" is only brought up a few times, while he just does random tasks for money that he doesn't even need after the bank job
>dimitri is a shit villain
>ending was rushed as fuck (just go back and watch the death cutscenes and look at the horribly designed final missions)
>very low customizations, very few clothes to choose from and they all looked shitty, cant get a haircut or anything like that
>most of the missions are just the same shit, it basically boils down to just driving somewhere and shooting guys
>pretty much no good music at all
>niko's voice acting is shit, sounds like an exaggerated version of an eastern european
>when you try to save cars in the parking space, they disappear half the time
>taxi drivers often get stuck
>the collectable of 200 pigeons was shit, and the reward is a boring helicopter that usually doesnt even appear anyway
>the "lose the cops by going outside the circle" system was a joke, worst in the series

And something rather minor that bothered me, but it speaks to the game's boring, empty, unpolished nature: a whole carnival near where you start out, but it's shut down and abandoned. what a tease.
>>
>>340244132
I get what you mean. They need to go back to that shit in the next game a just refine other shit, like controls and add more stuff. But the world and gameplay in 4 shits on 5
>>
>>340244275
>>340244430
>shit driving
Yeah I really enjoy the GTA V/Saints Row 3 type of driving where you go full speed towards a corner, hit the handbrake and powerslide the tight corner 200/kmh

It's like driving for the first time IRL, it takes a while to master
>WOOOW Why cant I control this like I want
>WOOOOOOW bad mechanics
>>
>>340244548
>nufunallowed.png
>>
>>340244619
I'm sure the kind of fun you're looking for, you can find in Saints Row 3/4
It's like saying driving sims arent fun because you actually have to learn how the car behaves
>>
>>340241767
Come at you? But I agree with you. Better police AI. GTA V often times feels like a game of "Pacman" when working against police.

GTA IV HD when?
>>
>>340244483
>But the world and gameplay in 4 shits on 5
Saying it over and over isn't making it more true

The world and gameplay are unarguably the weakest of all the 3d GTAs
>>
>>340244430
Best GTAIV tracks coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0CAJqCT5ds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW9n9oPISYQ
>>
It's a shame GTA IV is so antiquated in so many ways though. Tried to install an ENB earlier and for some reason I couldn't launch the game because the Social Club wasn't running (even though it was). Wish it could have just been a cleaner release.
>>
>>340242121
underrated post.

>>340243134
>EFLC
>Not the complete collection which merges GTA IV and EFLC radio!
>>
>>340244738
Yeah but GTA isn't a driving sim, it's an open-world RPG where you rob some poor arabian man's store and then run him over for chasing you.
>>
>>340244820
>no u
>>
>>340244923
Yes and no matter the game, a decent compromise between sim and arcade works in any open world game.
Or I'm sure that the driving mechanics of such games like GTA V, Saints Row 4 or big trucks racing is widely favored.
The type where driving consists of pressing a direction and holding handbrake when taking a turn at full speed
>>
>>340241767

I thought it was alright, but I honestly think it's the biggest waste of an overworld in the history of video games. It wasn't meant for a GTA game. It would have been PERFECT for some kind of dating/life simulator. Liberty City in this game is just a monument to wasted opportunity. You can tell they spent so much fucking time designing each and every street, and yet most of the game you don't really interact with any of it.
>>
>>340245106
Yeah and that "decent compromise" is making it so driving during timed missions and whatnot is not a hassle

In GTA4 it was
>>
I just found it way harder to get into the story of V with multiple protags. Quality over quality right there.

Even tho niko was a whiny hypocrite. Johnny and Luis were pretty good in their stories.
>>
>>340245106
Okay I get your point about "SR is babby game becuz no real"
but if IV was attempting to have real driving it failed worse then the arcade variants because every vehicle is crap, no in the "no drift" sense but also in the sense that vehicles NEVER performed how they should. You could have the best car in the game, on the most reasonable road and the vehicle would still just chug along.
>>
>>340244767

Unpopular opinion but I like GTA V's police system way more. People say the cops in V are annoying and hard to lose, but I found them significantly more difficult to lose in IV.

In IV, it always felt like as soon as I left the circle, another cop just appeared out of nowhere. V was a lot more fair in that you field of vision is a lot further on the map, cops are more clearly marked and you can avoid them. I actually like the sort of "Pacman" feel, in IV it just felt like a crapshoot.
>>
>>340243065
>Gunplay was awful, and by extension EVERYTHING involving movement wouldn't work from cover fire to jumping, it just felt clunky and unpolished.
This is objectively innacurate.
>>
>>340245225
>stories
I'm I the only one who didn't give two fucks about the worthless "lore" of the GTA series?

I play the game so I can rob hookers and run down pedestrians not so I can have a pisspoor fanfic of some old 80s movie written by Video game devs
>>
>>340244767
id buy it if it at least runs substantially better than it does now
>>
>>340245308
It's a small city full of traffic and obstacles, there's no reason to make the cars go any faster. The whole game wasn't so much about going fast, but going skillfully.
Also
>No drift
???
If anything, GTA IV is the only game you can actually kinda drift in. Not burning rubber or powersliding but actually drifting
Also I'm not saying no realism is bad, but making mechanics that you will repeat for hundreds of times during the game boring probably isnt good
>>
File: 1320960023857.jpg (42 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1320960023857.jpg
42 KB, 480x480
>>340241767

If it was your first GTA game I could understand why you believe that, but when compared to the others you'll see why people complained GTA IV had shitty missions with no variety.
>>
>>340244548
>realism is better even if its less fun
average gta4 tryhard
>>
>>340243065
Anti-thesis of my opinion.

Oh well.
>>
>>340245643
>skillfully
Its fucking Grand Theft Auto, not Dark Souls asswipe
>>
>>340241767
>tying physics to character movement
both 4 and 5 control like ass, san andreas is still king
>>
File: allgayshit.png (210 KB, 426x424) Image search: [Google]
allgayshit.png
210 KB, 426x424
>>340242196

>Everything about IV was a step backwards

Really my nigga?

-Best physics in the GTA series
-Best driving (beyond a shadow of a doubt, come at me.)
-Best Voices
-Best shooting mechanics

What GTA IV lacks is interaction with the environment. They hide this by letting us interact with certain characters at certain places, but it doesn't change the fact that that world feels inadequate compared to even San Andreas. What they did in V was fail once again in making a decent interactive world- the single player felt the weakest since III, the comedy already felt dated and awful when it hit the shelves, and almost all of the fun and interesting TECHNOLOGY and PHYSICS moments of IV were stripped out of V's engine for no apparent reason at all.

I like to stab my hooker in the thigh and watch her try and crawl away from me when I'm doing my simulated serial killings. I can't do that in V- I always magically run at SANIC speeds and instantly jab them in the neck for an instant kill. Lazy as fuck.
>>
>>340245662
i found more people complaining about how fucking poorly it ran
>>
File: GTAIV-2010-10-29-17-50-14-15.png (802 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
GTAIV-2010-10-29-17-50-14-15.png
802 KB, 853x480
LIVING MY LIIIIIIIFFFFEE LIKES ITS GOLDEN
GOLDEN
GOLDEN
GOLDEN
GOLDEN
GOLDEN
>>
>>340245762
>>340245669
Arcade mechanics are only fun in simple games.
If you're gonna do something thousands of times during the game, might aswell make it something that you will enjoy by seeing yourself develop in it.
>>
>>340243065
Yet is has the most deep actual gameplay of any GTA, including the gunplay because of an actual crouch, all the little things like parkour and melee, fantastic cop behavior and driving, and probably wins best GTA because of that.

The music is at least niche enough not to sound repetitive, and the missions are fun and bring something fresh to the series. It's neat covering drug deals for Jamaican and overall enjoying it because of the diverse gameplay options.
>>
>>340244923
>open-world RPG
You're thinking of San Andreas.

GTA IV is a car driving and leisure sim game.
>>
>>340241767
You're wrong. :)
Good physics /= good game.
They made many important improvements in GTA V.
>>
>>340245920
this is also why the gunplay is more enjoyable in IV
>>
File: 200_s.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>>340245825
>Best Voices
I almost took your bait seriously
>>
>>340246087
Like?

Even the awesome car damage of IV was toned down for plastic cars.
>>
>>340245920
You keep confusing "skill" with fumbling with broken mechanics to find a reasonable "sweetspot" just to get around
>>
I actually liked the online better in IV. It gave you more freedom to fuck around. In V I'm just being bombarded with mission prompts I don't want to do and need a huge investment in money/levels to do anything fun.
>>
>>340246687
This. Freemode in IV was so much better than V.

I also preferred the versus modes. Tighter combat with less cheap shit.

One thing I kind of didn't like about GTA IV was that it basically killed Midnight Club. The racing in IV was pretty good when it's the sole focus.
>inb4 it was bad because I didn't know how to play
>>
>>340245662

The missions in GTA IV were beautiful in their simplicity. The main focus was basically just going to different locations and shooting people, which made for some really interesting layouts. Like ducking behind urns at the museum (amazing mission), that shoot out in a strip club, the really cool mission where you shoot up the construction site

Most missions in the game had an interesting concept. Like the one where you call the guy in the park, and then have to locate him and shoot him, the one with the job interview, that really awesome bike chase where you ride through the subway tunnels, or the one where you kill the guy in the hospital. A lot of them felt very intense and immersive to me because they felt like events that could almost happen in real life: I love the one where you have to lure the guy to the window to shoot him.

I think "variety" is sort of an overrated concept, I'd rather have a game do a few things very well, then a bunch of different things only sub par. GTA IV was a more grounded game so the missions were more grounded scenarios, and since the shooting mechanics were really fun, I thought it worked out great. Viewed from above, they have some really nice layouts. Sort of like Gears of War in that the main focus was take cover, and shoot.

GTA V for instance, could have gone with less variety, the missions where you pilot a submarine or go parachuting are just stupid as fuck. The best missions were the ones most reminiscent of IV, like when you were Franklin shooting up places.
>>
>>340247294
But its fucking badass and thats all that matters in gta V. No one gives a fuck about muh deep story or muh mission variety. All people want is a non lackluster world and story to fuck around in.
>>
>>340246687
Well no shit, that's because GTAIV online was a real GTA online

GTAV online is some sort of microtrasaction second life clone hell

How they could literally make the free roam shit was beyond me but they accomplished it

Hell even red deads online was better than V
>>
i just dont get all the hate for IV's driving

its just so much fun. its not about whether its more realistic or not. its just straight up fun to control.

i don't get how people had so much trouble with it. do they not adjust the camera as they drive? do they not utilize the break at all?
>>
>>340247560
same here man. even if i did fuck up while driving it usually ended with some funny ass physics
>>
>>340246617
>broken
>WOOW WHY DOESNT THIS CAR TURN 90 DEGREES INSANTLY LEFT WHEN I PRESS LEFT WOOOW BROKEN MECHANICS
>>
>>340247429
>all people want
>all that matters
>Hello I am all
>>
>>340247560
>its just so much fun.
Most people disagree, hence all the hate.
>>
>>340247802
>le meme XD
All most gta fans care about is what i said, which is why IV is one of the most hated games of the series outside of this board.
>>
The driving in IV was fine for the most part, but I felt like during missions there were some problems that made it seem a lot worse:

For one thing, the margin of error in driving missions was nearly ZERO. If you crashed or hit a solid object, it would take a long time to back up and accelerate enough to catch up. I remember one mission where you're chasing a guy and as you drive down an alley, the alley becomes blocked with construction shit, and you have to go around. By the time you do it's too late.

Also, the drive by shooting is just too hard and not precise enough. Aiming with it is just a joke. But what makes it even worse is that most of the missions where you have to eliminate another driver, you can't tell if you actually CAN, or if you have to wait for them to get to a certain point before they become vulnerable. In a lot of missions their car is literally invincible until they reach the end of the route which is bullshit.
>>
>>340241767
>is miles better than GTA V.

this doesn't really say much. gta5 is a cash shop game, you can get more fun out of playing solitaire.
>>
>>340247940
Why don't u join them then and GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD U NORMIE REE etcetc.
While it doesnt have such a large fanbase because it doesnt pander to normies who want le arcade fun, it definitely has it's fanbase, especially in /v/.
And since when has fanbases unrelated to /v/ mattered?
>>
>>340247474
but you don't have to pay for anything you huge faggot and all the game modes worth anything on 4 are there in custom maps and even better ones
>>
>>340247868

It's the only GTA game where you can constantly do a moving 360 degree spin in a vehicle- real fucking hollywood stunt driving shit that lets you feel like a fucking bad ass when you correctly power slide your vehicle around a corner, or spin around at 100 MPH and shoot your pursuers in the face through the front wind-shield and then spin back around to face traffic.

IV's driving mechanics in V would have been superb. But V ended up being the most casualized GTA of all.
>>
>>340247429

The missions in IV felt the most badass of all. It was awesome saving Roman from the warehouse and shooting the shit out of everyone as Niko yelled NOBODY FUCKS WITH MY FAMILY!!
>>
>>340248027
The thing about IV's driving is that it's pretty good on fast sportscars and luxury vehicles. However, it's fucking terrible on big vehicles like trucks and vans, which is what the story has you driving like 95% of the time.
>>
>>340247717
WOOOOW THIS CAR FLOATS AND HANDLES LIKE A BOAT SOOOOOOOOOOOO REALISTIK
YOU CANT TAKE CORNERS AT HIGHER THAN 5MPH BECAUSE IVE WATCHED MY MOM DRIVE HUNDREDS OF TIMES

GIT GUD AND MASTER THE SKILL BASED GAMEPLAY!
>>
>>340245463
you can enjoy both. I'd say the mindless fucking around for aspect hasn't really changed from game to game but you might disagree.
>>
not only is it a worse game than V, but it's probably the most dull and boring GTA out of all of them. at least the 3D entries.

yeah physics and "realistic" driving and a bunch of other details that make everything "real". too bad none of that makes for FUN. nobody was asking for saints row "humor" where they essentially gave up and started making fart noises into a microphone and calling it standup, but christ IV was ass.

thank god the expansions did something right, but even those couldn't bring back the missing location variety, planes, color to the city, good driving, or the other half a dozen things IV got rid of than San Andreas had.

V was a return to form and even though it didn't quite do some of the cool stuff IV did or have ALL of the insane amount of things to do that SA did, it was leagues better than IV.
>>
>>340247560
I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me until I loved it. After playing GTAV a ton, though, it's kind of hard to go back to IV's driving. I would have liked if it were just a bit less weighty. Also, motorcycles were pretty annoying and I agree with the guy who complained about too many truck driving missions.
>>
>>340248215
>handles like a boat=handles heavy
>doesnt take an hour to learn how to drive in GTAIV then complains how the driving is bad because it doesnt control how you want
neo-v
>>
>>340241767
You're wrong. You're just wrong. GTA V has problems, but it's still a better game overall. You're straight-up delusional.
>>
File: not an argument.jpg (44 KB, 225x253) Image search: [Google]
not an argument.jpg
44 KB, 225x253
>>340241767
wew
>>
>>340248385
>come at me
>no ur wrong
u told him fampai
>>
>>340248130
>but you don't have to pay for anything you huge faggot
But you do unless you want to get butfucked by 100 level assholes with tanks, RPGs and C4s

Yeah having to play hundreds of hours just to get a machine gun is fucking heaven
>>
>>340241767
I miss the online setup of IV so much.

Deal Breaker, Bomb da Base 2, Hangman's NOOSE, 3 years straight, over and over again. So much fun.

That phone call mechanic (and them patching out replaying jobs) in V was ultra-ass.
>>
>>340248027
>Also, the drive by shooting is just too hard and not precise enough. Aiming with it is just a joke
Really? I liked it. It bothered me that you couldn't aim without firing, but then I got the PC version, which fixed that. It's definitely better than in V, where the camera zooms in. That and the camera being over the left part of the car tends to screw with me.
>>
>>340248107
considering every other GTA had that "arcade fun" i'd say the only game that pandered was IV because it tried to become something gta never was to appeal to stuck up aspies like you that should just play a fucking simulator and shut up about it.
>>
>>340241767
Nope, San andreas exists
>>
>>340248546
>realism is for stuck up aspies
fucking normies get out
>>
>>340248175
Oh yeah, the supercars were amazing in IV. I didn't do much multiplayer racing, but I was the designated driver or heli-flyer in the co-op missions.

I really miss those surgical heli blade strikes you could do with the thing, V's flying is a touch more wobbly-realistic to be doing that all that much.
>>
>>340248889
Realism for the sake of fun?
Yeah its for stuck up aspies
>>
I like all the GTA IV and V. Come at me.
>>
IV seemed to have way more replay value. I must have beat the story in IV like ten times.
>>
>>340249131
Don't get me wrong I love every GTA game and I think they all offer distinct and interesting experiences
>>
>>340249254
The same here ... story was just unlike most GTA games, I actually found myself pitying Niko sometimes.
>>
>>340243958
>ignoring that it does literally everything from driving depth to movement to cop behavior to melee..
Everything except graphics..
>>
>>340249505
>what is ENB icenhancer mod
>>
>>340248215
I wouldn't say any of the GTA games are all that realistic. Def not IV and V ... your character would do faceplants that would end up a person in the hospital or the morgue IRL.

IV's driving was boats on wheels, Vs was super-grippy.

I think the biggest shame was not having pool as a side-game in V. That and where the hell were the DLC expansions? They put all that effort into V's online, and it just wasn't that great of an experience.
>>
GTAIV was fucking full of humor. Yeah it was grey and brown but it was in September in a shity urban city.

GTA3 is fucking grey and rainy as shit and nobody cries about that. GTAIV looked fine, and I'm one of the biggest "MUH COLOR" fags out there. I hate brown and and grey muddy shit.
>>
>>340249662
i have a great time in gta online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMCXtIXLnDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvDjL5p1NIA
>>
>>340243069
whats wrong with uncharted?
>>
GTAV is great but 4 had overall more quality missons and characters.

V has a lot of fun shit to do but not all of it is fun. It's a massive improvement over San Andreas though, which had a billion different things to level up/learn/collect and it was just unfocused as shit and unpolished. It had the most samey, generic missions ever as well.
>>
>>340244079
wow you schooled him on the art of disarming people in video games
>>
>>340241767
anyone else think gta 4 is a very uncomfy game? Maybe it's because the main character is a yuropppor/easterner, but I fucking hated the feel that the game conveyed. Everything was so brown and shit.
>>
>people liked 3 more than VC
>people liked VC more than SA
>people liked SA more than 4
>people liked 4 more than 5
>people will make these threads praising 5 when 6 eventually comes out

and the circle of life will continue on into the ages
>>
>>340243069
the driving and physics was the best in the series.
>>
>>340246687
freemode in 4 was so fucking fun with friends. If you missed out on it I feel bad for you because it truly was a magical experience
>>
My only problem with IV is the terrible PC port.

Remaster when?
>>
>>340244430
no thats actually how eastern europeans sound its pretty great actually.
>>
>>340250483
bad b8
>>
>>340247474
red deads online was great in it's heyday don't talk shit
>>
>>340243958
>movie game fags
are you fucking serious? why are you defending the most disappointing game of the decade by making baseless accusations about a fan of a better game in the series?
>>
GTA IV is one of the best games in the series to me because it was very much a project of passion, a labor of love. No other game feels quite like it, and few other games feel as genuine to me. Whenever I play it, I don't feel like I'm just playing a video game, I feel like I'm experiencing a project that people dumped their hearts into. I feel the same about RDR, but to a lesser extent.

GTA V is the opposite. It feels shallow and bland, like making a profit came before everything else. It feels closer to a Ubisoft game than any other game developed by Rockstar.

Let me put it like this: to me, GTA III/VC/SA are all like Die Hard 1; GTA IV is like Die Hard 3; GTA V is like that really shitty most recent Die Hard where he meets his son and they go to Russia or some shit and holy fuck do not ever watch that movie if you haven't already. Maybe that's too harsh, maybe it's closer to the one before that with the guy from the old Apple commercials. I mean, I still enjoyed it, but it was not even close to the level of its predecessors.

I hate using analogies but I think you get my point.
>>
>>340249107
Im sorry i just dont get normie logic
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1160x653) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1160x653
>>340250669
Soon! (?)

I hope so.
>>
>>340251637
Not him, but I've been hoping for the same ever since the rumors of LC in GTA Online started last December, and I started hoping for it even more after seeing that screenshot. I tried replaying IV recently,and despite being able to run shit like Fallout 4 with tons of mods at 1080/60, my rig struggles to stay above 30 in IV and looks like shit to boot.

I wasn't a fan of remastered being such a huge trend a couple years ago, but IV really fucking needs one. Like all other GTA games, it aged like milk.
>>
>>340245643
V has better drifting because lowering the vehicles reduces traction, and IV only has lowering vehicles through hacks basically.

It's unfortunate. IV's driving is more entertaining, but the cars are all super awful.
>>
File: Brad.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Brad.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
THIS IS NOT
A TEST OF FATE
>>
>>340241767
what's wrong with V?
>>
>>340252286
Kojima fucked up.
>>
Disregard the story which has its issues, it has undeniably better gunplay and more rewarding driving.
The guns in V are mushy bland and uninteresting pieces of shit. Its a domino effect from changing the aiming. They took the RDR lock on, which is way too easy, but to compensate for the easy aiming, they made the guns a lot weaker, and since the guns were weaker they made them sound weaker, and since they did less damage Euphoria ragdoll stumbling had to be nixed because otherwise you'd just be pushing people around without killing them. Also because they let you carry all guns, you had no real reason to evaluate guns and decide what you liked best because it didn't matter, you had all of them, and there were so many and they were all weak ass laser pointers you can grab an AK or a Tavor or a G36 from hammerspace no matter what.

The driving in V is less fullfilling because while the cars handled good, they ALL handled good all the time. You didn't get much better at driving or choose a car carefully because they were all smooth and fast. You can grab any car and its guaranteed to zip around and take corners well. This is REALLY dumb when you remember the stats system they brought back (Yeah, remember that? You never payed attention to it right) and the fact that if they had actually implemented it, it would be able to tangibly feel the difference between the wheelman and the others, and make the driving get better as your character got better.

>>340243426
>>340243575
See above

>>340243958
It had shit to do, but really did you do any of it? Did you actually try half those shitty activities like tennis or the half assed street racing? They're there, but I would but MAYBE 10% of players actually did some of the little shit.
>>
File: Pacha (8).jpg (27 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
Pacha (8).jpg
27 KB, 557x605
san andreas is the perfect GTA
>>
>>340244864
>doesn't patch the game
Removes social club btw.
>>
File: 1442191811906.jpg (58 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1442191811906.jpg
58 KB, 1024x768
>>340241767
>playing online races
>Stars in Your Eyes, max players, max traffic, max pedestrians, max laps, sports bikes only, rain on
>19:02 starts playing

https://youtu.be/wxTBcxontOA?t=19m2s
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFbkXffa85E
>>
>>340252893
What's the video trying to show at 6:28?
>>
>>340253596
cant move and snipe im guessing
>>
>>340253596
Lenses
>>
>>340253596
rifle length differences
>>
>>340241767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6mFNznjmbM
best theme in my opinion
>>
>>340253719
Oh, right.
>>
>>340241767
Aaaaaargh Mother fucker!
>>
>>340252703
It was far from perfect

Just because it was the closest doesn't mean it was
>>
Fucked around for a bit in GTAIV on PS3 yesterday and the cars aren't as boaty as I remembered. The map still sucks though and doesn't really give you a lot of room to drive around in.
>>
>>340243065
How can someone have THIS AWFUL of taste? It truly is a reminder that there are objectively shitty people walking around out there that actually think like this.

You? You are why we can't have nice things.

To the OP, you have elder god tier tastes. GTA IV is easily the best in the series, and when compared to V it's a landslide victory. Every single aspect is better. Story. Characters. Gameplay. Setting. All of it is superior. I can't even say the graphics in V are better because in many ways they aren't . If it weren't for the fact that IV was built from the ground up to not run at 5 fps on the shitty PS3, it'd look even better. But it still looks amazing on PC running at 4k. Something that hasn't been difficult to do for almost half a decade now.
>>
GTA IV could've better than SA if it wasn't for the shitty lackluster LC once more and had better music.

I fucking hate LC, even with all the little details.
>>
>>340254104
hipster!
>>
>>340241767
Niko was a better protagonist.
Great driving mechanics.
>>
Only people who played IV first think IV is the best.

Just fucking off yourselves. I've been playing GTA since the GTA 1/2 days and I can easily see that GTA V is clearly the best, there's just no arguing it.
>>
>>340256607
some weak b8 right here desu
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.