[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFXII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: maxresdefault.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
>http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-launches-on-ps4-in-2017/

>ctrl+f
>no threads

opinions on the remake of FF12? I'm looking forward to it,
>>
>>340240548
>Zodiac Job System
Fuck no.
>>
>>340240548
It's not a remake you fucking retard. Also, there have been threads all day.
>>
>>340240548
Remaster =/= remake
>>
>>340240548
the atmosphere/settings in the game are absolutely fantastic as is the music. the story, not so much, BUT, i never actually finished it. might start emulating it and actually beat it.
>>
File: 1418958315815.jpg (156 KB, 948x776) Image search: [Google]
1418958315815.jpg
156 KB, 948x776
Does it come with a Dragon Quest 8 Remaster demo disc?
>>
>>340240857
Can't be worse than the license grid.
>>
>>340241605
For a long time I thought/hoped that they'd package HD remasters of both of these games together as a callback to that.

But instead let's pay $59.99 plus tax for an upscaled version of a single game that's been available for a decade.
>>
>>340241649
The Zodiac Job System is the license board, except there are twelve of them, each based on a classic FF job, and you pick one for each character.
>>
>>340240548
FI N N A L LY
>>
I think this is great. I've never actually played through ff12 completely so I probably will next year
>>
File: 1445641193832.jpg (8 KB, 223x288) Image search: [Google]
1445641193832.jpg
8 KB, 223x288
>Fran in HD

I am ready.
>>
File: the real curse.jpg (83 KB, 952x637) Image search: [Google]
the real curse.jpg
83 KB, 952x637
>tfw will have to go through Trial mode again
>>
>>340240857
Fucking retard
>>
>>340241605
Not exactly what you're looking for but apparently there's an HD remake of an old Dragon Quest game being made by Square.
The dude that leaked it has been correct with every Squeenix leak he's posted so it might be real
>>
>>340240548
Mother fucker I just started playing this two days ago.
>>
My favorite Final Fantasy is getting remastered

Feels good man.
>>
File: gehxv.jpg (16 KB, 152x236) Image search: [Google]
gehxv.jpg
16 KB, 152x236
>>340242139
>Ashe in HD
>>
>>340242506
>Basch in HD

Mmmmmmm
>>
>>340241845
Thought it was 49.99.
>>
>>340241649
It is worse.
>>
Any honest opinions about this game? I hear talk about every other FF game except this.
>>
>didn't redo the gameplay

How could anyone like that faux mmo shit
>>
>>340241605
it'd be ice since the 3DS version looks like eye cancer
>>
why does Final Fantasy still get so overrated to high shit?
>>
>>340243470
I love it
There's so much content it'll make completionists cry
>>
>>340243536
>faux mmo shit

When will this meme die, the game plays nothing like an mmo
>>
> Ashe's skirt needs to be shorter, it was way too long in FFXII.
>>
>>340243536
Because their brain sends an electrical impulse and they respond positively to that impulse. So they want to keep doing more of whatever that was to feel that positive response. In this case, the gameplay. It's completely awesome that you don't like it though! Not everyone has to like everything and that's OKAY! :3 Great even! It's what gives us the SPICE of life in our games. As always play what you LOVE and most importantly have FUN!!! :3 :3
>>
>>340243602
That's how I feel about my current playthrough of FFX remaster. I forgot how immensely long FF games are.
>>
>>340243470
I like it a lot.
Lots of content. Interesting story if you like politic shenanigans. While you have to be Vaan inside the towns you can actually never have him in your active party as soon as you get four members. (well him or any other character but, you know)

As for the combat system, I found it pretty great. You get gambits which you can use to program commands like "if an ally reaches under 40% HP, use cure" or appropriate attacks depending on your situation. The way I did it was that I used the function for the two other characters in the active part, but entered every commands for the character I was controlling, just to avoid the "that game plays itself" feeling some have.

Works pretty well, and some fights can actually get pretty hectic in all the right ways (looking at you, Gilgamesh hunt mark)
>>
>>340240548
2 words
Fran Fran
>>
>>340243470
I really enjoyed the battle system. I don't understand why people call it MMO combat. It's literally ATB combat except you can move around. You can still select your party members actions each time, it's just optional. You have a lot of options to play the game how you want to, especially with Gambits. In fact, I think gambits would have made Xenoblade, a similar style game, better.

The thing I don't like though is the story and characters. All the politics is nice but unlike FFT, it never directly influences your protagonists. It always feels separate from what you're doing. Also the cast has almost no chemistry. Balthier and Fran have a thing. Vaan and Penelo have a thing. Vaan sort of has a mentor thing with Balthier. And that's it. Basch is the quiet stoic type and doesn't talk much and Ashe always acts like she hates everybody.
>>
>>340244078
Such a shame she's actually the worse statted character in the game. And the worst archer on top of that, because of the longer attack animation. Same with balthier and guns.
>>
>>340241845
That's why you wait.

The X/X-2 discs are now less than 20 bucks at most places now.
>>
>>340243470
I've collectively put around 300 hours or more into FF12 (the original as well as the International version which this remaster is based on).

It isn't my favorite FF game but it's up there. It's incredibly engrossing, the world is open but not pointlessly huge and it has a ton of optional content. Also, unlike most other FFs, the optional content is littered throughout the game instead of all being packed at the end, so you have a lot of freedom even from very early on.

The gameplay isn't too difficult but it feels strategic as the harder fights will require you to micro-manage your party and react quickly to changing situations. The combat system is incredibly fluid and user friendly, so it never feels tedious even while you're trekking across huge landscapes. The Zodiac Job system in the International version also stresses long-term planning and development for your team because you can't change jobs or undo any choices you make. Thankfully, the game is easy enough (on the normal mode at least) that even if you royally fuck up your team it's still possible to clear all the content in the game.

My main complaint would be the story and cutscenes. The actual plot is really cool but the game does a pretty bad job of presenting it. In the early parts of the game the plot advances at a decent pace but about halfway through you're told to walk to a city on the other side of the fucking planet and there's basically no major story progression the whole way there. My first time playing it I had basically forgotten what was even happening in the plot by the time things finally started to pick up again, and the characters all speaking in pseudo ye olde English with abysmal audio compression made the story that was there hard to understand.

Great game, overall.
>>
>>340243846
It's a skort.
>>
>>340240548
>bought a ps2 partially for this game
>not international version
>never thought they'd touch it again
>but haven't bought the game yet
wow glad i bought this piece of shit for no reason
>>
>>340244919
> and the characters all speaking in pseudo ye olde English with abysmal audio compression made the story that was there hard to understand.

At least, on the olde english part, it's not FFXIV; I've heard enough "pray" and "aught" for a lifetime
>>
>>340243470

Best end game content of any FF game. The story however is not as fulfilling as others. The end is rather lame given the scale of the story. Should've had more story with the judges. Those were the coolest characters.
>>
File: 1464091527147.webm (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1464091527147.webm
1 MB, 320x180
What is the Zodiac Job System? Is it like FFT?
>>
>>340245769
No. The first time you go to the license board for a character, it'll ask you to pick a job for that character. Each job has it's own full license board with skills and gear unique to that job (though there is some overlap). You advance through the license board to unlock shit like in the original, but the fact that each license board is different stops everyone from becoming clones. Also you can't change jobs once you've picked one so think real fucking hard about it.
>>
File: charlie-moody.gif (498 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
charlie-moody.gif
498 KB, 500x375
>remakes

Square is dead to me. Nay the entire game industry.
>>
>>340246282
It's not a remake it's an HD rerelease.
>>
>>340246383
>implying that makes it better
>>
File: Triggered.webm (889 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Triggered.webm
889 KB, 720x404
>>340246103

>Can't change jobs

I don't understand. This goes against every single FF game with a job system I've ever played.

I've been wanting to play this, someday. This makes me want to put it off more.
>>
>>340246679
>Change my job
>I can't change jobs
>SAVE ME
Most people agree with you but I like that it forces you to think about how you're going to build your team and prevents everyone from becoming a master at everything, which was the entire point to adding a job system to FF12 in the first place. And the game is easy enough that even if you fuck up your job selection you can still get through everything.
>>
>>340246473
You're right, it makes it worse
>>
>>340247251
They didn't think about the point of changing the system, they just listened to fans and half-baked a change.

You can't plan and think about how you want to do classes when you have literally no idea what the classes do. It's a garbage system.
>>
>>340247942
>You can't plan and think about how you want to do classes when you have literally no idea what the classes do
You can examine each Job's board and read every single license on it before you decide on anything, anon. One thing the International version improved is letting you see what each space on the board contains even if you haven't unlocked that space or any adjacent ones yet.
>>
>>340248413
>you have no idea what is good or bad
>or what any of it even means

brilliant
>>
Don't believe Ondor's lies ,anon.
>>
>>340248573
You don't know what "Fire" or "Cure" means? You can't grasp the difference between a Knight and a White Mage just by reading their descriptions and taking a quick look at their license board? You can't highlight a square and read the description on it, then use that information to decide what to pick?

I don't think the game is the one with the problem. Walkthroughs exist for a reason if you seriously need everything spelled out for you.
>>
File: BASCH LIVES!!!!!.jpg (94 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BASCH LIVES!!!!!.jpg
94 KB, 640x480
>>340248829
I really hope they make this shit less like walking up a down escalator in the remaster.
>>
File: FFXII Story.png (493 KB, 1293x1728) Image search: [Google]
FFXII Story.png
493 KB, 1293x1728
>>
File: 1452662664698.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1452662664698.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>340249228
>He doesn't know to do this away from guards and by guides.
Easy.
>>
>>340240548
It was one of my favorite games to play, but I have a rather shitty memory due to some medication I had to take at the time. I remember liking everyone though, and reached the part where to you save Penelo. Vaan's design is also cute.
>>
>>340247251
The locked job system is garbage and there is no defending it.

FFV system or bust.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.