[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Fire Emblem series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Fire_Emblem pic.jpg (50 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem pic.jpg
50 KB, 640x336
I think its pretty solid, just blew through the three paths in Fates. It was my 6th game in the series. Mechanics in Fates were pretty top tier but the world building was pretty shit.
>>
I think FE was always a crappy strategy game that only sold on its fun and memorable characters, which is something it now lacks. Waifu Emblem sells because you can self insert, marry your waifu and procreate with her. The sooner this series crashes and burns the better.
>>
>>340240535
>Shitposting this soon
you never dissapoint /v/.
>>
>>340239091
One of the most consistent series out there, the only low blow was Shadow Dragon.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>
>>340239091
It havent been good since PoR m8
>>
>>340239091
It used to be good desu.

Dont care for anything past Awakening, they haven't sold me yet, looks like neo IS has to put that whole building to work.
>>
>>340239091
I think that Setsuna is cute!

But actually, gameplay improved significantly with Conquest. The story was unusually shitty, even for a FE game, but I enjoyed actually playing through it. I don't mind the waifuism elements being added to the series, but they seriously need a better writer for a lot of the supports, or to tone down the number overall to ensure higher quality.
>>
>>340239091
Yeah they really dropped the ball on the story and world building. It seems like the kind of game that really tests the idea of "do you play for the gameplay?"
>>
I'm up to chapter 23 in conquest, and it's fucking me up the ass, and I'm only playing on normal. Makes me wish I got birthright.
>>
>>340239091
As a whole, FE has simple mechanics but still a reasonable amount of tactical depth and fantastic level design. It's one of the best SRPG series.

Story in FE games typically aren't particularly notable, but recent games have been astounding horrendous. Also, the 3DS games except for Conquest have pretty awful level design and Awakening's gameplay mechanics are absolutely garbage. So I'm a little concerned about the series' future.
>>
File: FEF_Camilla.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
FEF_Camilla.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>340242385
>>
>>340242385
>being this casual
>>
>>340241152
delet thi
>>
I'm sick of the waifushit and casualisation. Conquest was a step in the right direction but it's still rampant with waifushit, I don't even understand how people were upset that petting was "censored", what a fucking embarrassing feature.

That being said, given the amount of popularity the series gained with Awakening I doubt it's going anywhere. With that in mind, FE6-7 remake with children crossing over when?
>>
>>340243784
>with that in mind...

Wait a year or so anon. I'd be surprised if they didn't remake that game given how roy is in smash.
>>
>>340243784
> I don't even understand how people were upset that petting was "censored", what a fucking embarrassing feature.
Because it was still a feature that was removed from the game. For all the focus people put on it, it was a pretty minor feature that was totally optional. I wasn't really arsed about it's removal but I wouldn't have been if it stayed either.
>>
>>340243784
I get so confused by this bored sometimes. Before the censorship, most everyone shared your opinion, but after the censorship everyone suddenly only played the game for waifus
Shoutouts to you for having the correct opinion, my guy
>>
>>340239091
Like most games in the series; they have a good mixture of fun and decent tactics/strategy. Didn't like Awakening. Haven't been sold on Fates yet.

I liked the Tellius and Jugdral games a ton.
>>
>>340239091
I just got a 3ds and havent played a FE game before but I really liked FFT games back in the day.

Do I get awakening or Fates? And if I get Fates, which Fates?
>>
>>340246554
Fates: Conquest.
>>
>>340246554
Get a DS or GBA and FE7 instead.
>>
should i check out the new FE games if i couldn't get into the previous FE game, but i remember liking the GBA FE game that was released stateside like 15 years ago?
>>
>>340246960
thanks for that help guy

>>340246812
Is it just because its the harder one?
>>
>>340246554
Fates, Conquest.

Alternatively: Mod your 3DS (check out /hbg/ on /vg/) and install FE6/7.
>>
>>340247146
or just emulate
>>
>>340247051
The maps have much more variety, characters are debatably better (still waifushit imo but whatever) and it's just far less casualised in general.
>>
>>340247194
Well yeah, but considering he already owns a 3DS they both cost the same and playing on the 3DS is more convenient IMO. I know you could just emulate on a phone but the controls always feel like shit but I guess this matters way less for a game like FE.
>>
>>340247051
That's only 50% of the reason

The other is that it will teach you how.manage stuff, which is helpful assuming you pick up an earlier game in the series that isn't gaiden or Awakening

Also the maps and missions are bretty gud
>>
>>340239091
The gameplay of fates is great an addresses every concern I had with Awakening. Biggest problem is the royals make the other characters feel worthless. Takumi and his god bow makes him better than all other archers.

The story is godawful garbagex3
There are plot points and information that are important in all routes yet are only revealed and discussed in individual routes whic make it really awkward. The writing, dialogue and characters were overall crap, everytime I got a new guy in awakening I was curious how he/she would interact with the group. In Fates characters who appear just make me go "Meh another archer bitch". The story itself is filled with shitty deus ex machines and bullshit logic that just makes you go "why?" The story of fates is genuinely one of the worst stories I have ever experienced, people give Blizzard shit but at least they have some great moments and the scale escalates to cosmic levels of destruction.
>>
>>340247382
>more convenient
>have to follow long step by step instructions that can brick a 3ds if you're not careful
>for emulating all you need to do is download the emulator and game then go
>can speed up the game as an added bonus
>>
>>340246960
As overrated as FE7 is, he can just emulate it. A DS isn't really needed since it can be emulated as well.
>>
>>340247651
>playing on the 3DS is more convenient
>playing

Also if modding a 3DS is too hard for you I feel sorry for you, it's one of the easiest console mods I've ever done. You have to be a full blown retard to brick it.
>>
>>340250589
I never said it's hard I said you can fuck it up if you're not careful. Comparatively it is still much more convenient to emulate rather than to hack a 3ds just to play a fucking GBA game.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.