[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never played a Xeno game before. I heard XC and XG are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 200832.jpg (8 KB, 452x200) Image search: [Google]
200832.jpg
8 KB, 452x200
I never played a Xeno game before. I heard XC and XG are the only ones worth playing. Maybe XCX if you can handle the bad localization. Should I bother?
>>
XCX is a festering pile of garbage.

XC is top tier, play that one.
>>
File: 17220763.jpg (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
17220763.jpg
28 KB, 500x500
Play them all. Start with Xenogears, skip Saga EP2, and play XC then XCX.
>>
>>340225420
this
>>
Out of XC and XCX, I'd only suggest the former.
Xenogears was alright.
>>
>>340225420
XCX wasn't bad, it was just a significant step down from the godsend that was XC.
>>
>>340226228
>Start with Xenogears, skip Saga, and play XC then XCX.
FTFY
>>
>XCX
>bad localization

Huh?

The localization is great. Unless you're talking about the censorship.
>>
>>340226228
>play them all
>skip this one

Anyway saga 2s battle system is atrocious
>>
>>340226528
I take it you don't talk to NPC much, do you?
>>
File: 1292702249509.jpg (106 KB, 552x800) Image search: [Google]
1292702249509.jpg
106 KB, 552x800
>>340226568
I guess if you really care about Jr and Momo you shouldn't skip 2, battle system really does suck.
>>
Every game has it's problems but they're all good games minus Xenosaga 2.

>>340226528
Every Xeno game had censorship with Xenosaga 3 receiving the most
>>
>>340226228
>>340226506
>>340226568
>>340226730
Desu saga is probably gonna be the last xeno game to watch since I heard it has a poorer reception than the rest. I am trying to figure out if I should focus on XC or XG first due to only having emulation.
>>
>>340226835
Xenogears = Mild censorship because the big bad's original name was thought to cause controversy with religious groups

Xenosaga = Had some instances of blood, gore and religion altered to maintain the T rating as well as as some scene such as one a character cutting off his own head. Oddly that scene was made even more gruesome as he appears to just rip his own head off with his bare hands, plus the Japanese version blacks part of that scene out

Xenosaga 2 = Don't remember what was censored in this game

Xenosaga 3 = Had lots of blood altered out as well as scenes that depict stuff like cannibalism, characters getting impaled, a woman getting shot in the head, and the stabbing death of a certain character's mom

Xenoblade Chronicles = One of the enemies you fight had his named changed from Black Face to Metal Face due the racist history behind the name

Xenoblade Chronicles X = Most of Lin's outfits that shows off a lot of skin were altered to be less revealing and one outfit had it's leg part altered to look like boxers instead of a thong for all characters. Also removed a bust slider but you can use a save editor to change it provided your Wii U is moddable.
>>
MonolithSoft games are kind of weird in that the fans really love the shitty gmaes (XC, the entire Xenosaga trilogy, Gears, the first Baten Kaitos) and shit on the GOAT shit like X, Origins, and Project X Zone 2.

How well they're received online generally has more to due with how much they tackle religious themes as opposed to their actual quality. Hence the dicksucking for Gears despite behind obviously unfinished, for example.

When people complain about X not having a 'story' this is what they really mean.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.