[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hows this game? whats your opinion on it? AFAIK its still alive,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 35450.jpg (9 KB, 184x69) Image search: [Google]
35450.jpg
9 KB, 184x69
Hows this game? whats your opinion on it? AFAIK its still alive, kinda

planning on getting it since i never played any red orchestra thing or rising storm and ive heard good things about the realistic warfare
>>
>>340219415

Rising Storm 2 is coming out soon, so it will probably go on sale and get a large playerbase boost soon so it would be a good time to jump in.

If you want realistic warfare, make sure to play on servers marked as Classic. If you can't find that Realism is okay too, Action is literal COD trash though.
>>
>>340219415
the greatest piece of software i own . highly recommend it . Drink every time you wait to respawn it will make it even better
>>
File: Featured-Image-RS2V.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Featured-Image-RS2V.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
One of the best shooters released this decade, easy, pic related will take goty.
>>
>>340221414

I had to post before I finished typing or the thread would have 404'd, happened to me on like 10 threads today.

Anyways modded servers usually don't show if it's Classic or Realism, but if you play with Ausfags, the best server to go with is the AUS/NZ Awesome mode server, that is widely regarded as best and most hardcore server in the mode, playing classic with mods and mutators to make it even better, no compass, no zoom on aim, no killcam etc. Merrills Mauraders is the go to American server. I think it's realism mode though.

Also tips for playing, just pick generic rifleman class and learn how to use the bolt action. There are limits to how many people can go to a class, and since teamwork is very important in this game, if you take an important class as a newfag you will fuck up for the team. Definitly do not go as team leader or squad leader until you have some decent hours in, but stay as a Rifleman only until you've got to grips with the game. Also always do what your squad leader says. And remember, Germans run with a gun in one hand, Russians with a gun in 2. Same things for Americans and Japs, figure it out, each side has unique animations, so take a split second to identify if the player is a friend or foe before shooting because team killing is a real issue. Starting out you should just shoot in the direction your team mates are shooting.
>>
spawn queue simulator
>>
>>340219415
>>340221414
>>340221886

Furthermore, RO2 and Rising Storm are in the same exe file, so the game will switch between RS maps and RO2 maps all the time, if you want to select any role you will need to buy the game, otherwise you will be limited to a bolt action rifle. I am not 100% certain but I thing RS2 is going to be integrated into the game this way too.

Always remember to use smoke, or if you don't have any, request a SL to throw smoke and only run out after there is a smoke screen. Don't be afraid to die a lot though, it happens sometimes.

Also to save time on loading custom maps before matches, go into the workshop and download all the highly ranked custom maps at least.

Also if you are on a map with vehicle transports and you are driving, wait for everyone else to get in before you drive off, don't leave the rest of your team walking as you drive into battle alone.

>>340221965

Git gud.
>>
>>340219415
once you get over the honey moon period of being "immersed" by loud noises and russians crying for their friends you realise it's pretty shallow

3 people grab a machine gun and camp your spawn exits the entire game while everyone else runs around not really doing much
so you throw smoke and try to get through but most people use a custom .ini to make objects not really appear, so they can see you through trees and stuff (this was a huge problem in rising storm)
and most of the servers are very laggy so it's really quite frustrating to shoot people
huge huge huge powergap between the standard rifle and every other weapon in the game
of course the design is supposed to immitate being useless cannon fodder if you're a rifle man but 99% of the time that's the only role you're ever going to play
>>
>>340222547

Git gud, I've gotten top of the leader board as a rifleman before.

That ini stuff is disgusting though, I thought Tripwire released a patch that disabled it ages ago however. Also there aren't that many maps that I've noticed MG's camping spawn exists,and if you have a good team you can usually overcome then anyways.
>>
>>340222547
i forgot to mention the airstrikes which basically just bombard you for 70% of the game
often you spawn and get blown up
airstrikes happen way to often to be fun
>>
>>340222862
>git gud
stop that
>>
>>340222547
I get top or near top of the leaderboard with rifleman all the time. People who cant get a decent number of kills with rifleman are just shit at the game. It's usually a 1 shot kill, so machine guns dont matter for shit.

I agree with the rest of what you said though. Servers are shit and there isnt really much to the game. They should have added a medic class, like in battlefield or something.
Also the game is clunky as fuck and runs like shit.
>>
>>340223112

I will stop when you git gud

BTW what is everyones favorite map and least favorite map? Most overplayed and underrated?

Mamayev Kurgan used to be my favorite until Winterwald was released. Nothing has eclipsed that so far for me, though I haven't played some of he new RS maps yet I've been away from the game for a while.

The worst is by far Grain Elevator though, Fallen Fighters and Apartments are technically worse, but most servers have retired them by now, yet they still fucking play the shit tier Grain Elevator on the regular. I quit the server when it comes up now.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.