[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: PSO2.png (1 MB, 1048x533) Image search: [Google]
PSO2.png
1 MB, 1048x533
Thoughts?
>>
It's weird. I fucking loved PSO despite its many flaws yet PSU and PSO2 can't captivate me like PSO did. It doesn't help that PSO2 is weeb as fuck.
>>
I enjoyed PSO and PSU. Mostly because I had friends to play with I thought they were both kind of shit.

We would probably play this but we can't be bothered to play on the japanese servers. I know theres probably ways to get most of it in english but whatever. We just play other stuff.

about 2 years too late for them to have english servers rip
>>
File: pso_nnn.jpg (2 MB, 4923x3406) Image search: [Google]
pso_nnn.jpg
2 MB, 4923x3406
It's not flawless like the original PSO but it still retains the same casual co-op atmosphere that I loved about the original.

I didn't like Universe overall but it's strange to me that PSO2 didn't carry over some of the things Universe actually did right.
>>
>>340215206
Why couldn't PSO2 keep this interesting aesthetic instead of opting for pure moe blob bullshit?

The Dark Falz enemies in PSO were very alien and otherworldly, in PSO2 they're Bayonetta enemies.
>>
Challenge Quest is my favorite thing about PSO2, mostly when I can manage to get like a party of 2-4 going which isn't often. Wish the game had some more fun things like that. Fighting bosses at any time for no rewards for fun would be cool too.
>>
>>340215564
Well PSO is kind of an outlier in terms of art style. Even the classic single player Phantasy Star games are very anime-esque
>>
>>340214643
english port when?
>>
>>340214643
>ep4
it's shit
best online game outside of that, no questions about it
>>
File: you know what you did.jpg (115 KB, 388x388) Image search: [Google]
you know what you did.jpg
115 KB, 388x388
>>340215206
>RAcast making off with the qt RAcaseal

Good shit
>>
>>340214643
Casualized, otakuized garbage with cash shop, designs somehow even worse than its predecessors, and outsider cross promotional shit out the ass.
>>
They turned it into too much of an MMO. Now you just try to grind to level cap and one weapon is generally better than everything else.

No reason to spend time farming for many different items with your friends because there are no special effects. It's just grind for whatever has the most stars and highest attack, same as PSU.
>>
>>340214643
Less comfy than the original but is an improvement mechanics-wise.

Grew tired of the game quick due to the IP filtering even with a VPN.
>>
>>340214643
Strayed too far.
Barely any identity left and it's not pretty.

Gameplay is fun for a while, but the whole multiplayer side which is the core of it feels hollow since everything is client-side, meaning you'll see your team mates hitting the air and touching a foe ten feet behind them 3 times out of 4.

Still a solid "MMO" for a year or two.
>>
>>340214643
its an awful game honestly. The gameplay just ends up being constant attacking instead of the slower gameplay in previous online phantasy star games. While it is faster, it's at a point where it's so fast, it takes almost no thought to play and thus is probably the easiest of the pso games where as in pso1, since you cant dodge and attack fast and on a dime, you gotta think about what you do.
>>
File: 1397255317569.jpg (46 KB, 116x91) Image search: [Google]
1397255317569.jpg
46 KB, 116x91
I picked Hunter and used partizen and never really made it past lvl 50 ish. That EQ with the flooded china town and the wheel boss was the absolute worst.

I'm sure I made literally all the worst choices but damn it fucking sucked.
>>
>>340215206
I was going to type out all the current flaws with the game but who cares? Besides jumping psu/psp2i is still the better phantasy star games. No matter how shitty it got at times it was still handled a lot better balance wise then pso2 which is jump from one buffed class to the next. With actual content updates that added more to the game then just dress up PSU had a lot to offer for its time. But sega of america happened.
>>
File: 1334917267556.jpg (62 KB, 594x383) Image search: [Google]
1334917267556.jpg
62 KB, 594x383
>>340216591
I did the hotwheels EQ once to see what all the fuss about it being awful was about. Never again.
>>
>>340216165
There's not really a point to collecting weapons in PSO1 either, yeah the abilities are fun but the only reason not to use a Lavis Blade/Heaven Punisher/Psychowand is that they're to rare for most people to find.
>>
>favorite weapons locked behind quests that only show up like twice a week
>can't just farm nonstop for weeks like in PSO

Into the trash.

It's literally shit filled with typical "free to play" MMO cashgrab cliques
>>
WESTERN RELEASE WHEN
console port plz
>>
>>340217894
Well there is the PS4 port, but still JP only.
>>
It was fun to play for a week but it lacks the charm I had found in the other games.

I'm still bouncing between Ephinea, PSP2, and PS0.
>>
>>340218050
PS4 is region free though, can it be played online?
>>
>>340218145
Not a clue. Those IP restrictions from a while back were lessened so maybe.
>>
I tried it recently, it was fun for a bit. Doing those emergency quests were pretty awesome. I think the one currently is some phantom warship from WWII. You go through hordes of enemies that include bears, attack helicopters, steam rollers, and t-rexs and ends with a boss battle where you're fighting the ghost ship in an armored mech suit in the middle of the ocean.

It was insane, but rather fun.
>>
Considering all these replies, sega still good compared to sea region by playpark i guess
>>
>>340214643
They started jewing way too much at the end of episode3
>more and more trash items in scratches
>can't resell used costumes anymore
>new scratch with exclusive items you can't sell to other players.
>>
>>340215885
N A
E
V
E
R
fuck sega
>>
>NA WHEN
yeah, totally looking forward to undertale, steven unvierse, mlp, and epic youtubers collaborations
>>
File: 1450914835246.jpg (394 KB, 704x448) Image search: [Google]
1450914835246.jpg
394 KB, 704x448
>>340215564
PSO was done by the same art team that did the best Saturn games, Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon series

That team is long gone now, scattered to the four winds

All Sega has now is a bunch of Deviantart-tier artists who can't do much more than try to mimic what's popular currently
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.