[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone redpill me on the Griffin set on Death March New
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Grifffin.png (1 MB, 1000x721) Image search: [Google]
Grifffin.png
1 MB, 1000x721
Can someone redpill me on the Griffin set on Death March New Game+? Intensity, potions, glyphs, runes, even crazy stacks of Euphoria toxicity. No matter what I do it seems like Griffin set does absolutely shit damage? Enemies taking 500 damage per igni tick even when they're standing in yrdens. Am I missing something?

Can it even compete against combat/alchemy builds with wolf/cat set?
>>
>>340213495
sign builds never seem to do much damage for me either, even with superior petri's philter. i dunno, maybe i suck. the only success i get with it is spamming aard at people and 1 shotting them while theyre on the ground.
>>
>>340213495
>game completely focused on melee with some gimmick spells
>pick spell armor

you dun goofed
>>
>>340213495
In the early days of the game Signs did ridiculous damage. I played feline back then but changed to Griffin on my second play through when I found out what damage signs did but I stopped and picked up up a while later. This time however signs didn't do nearly as much damage so I'm guessing they nerfed the hell out of it, maybe even too much.
>>
Medium Armor sets are for stamina regeneration. You can spam the shit out of signs and therefore stay practically invincible.
>>
Sign intensity is a meme and you just fell for it.
>>
>>340213495
Sign abilities were nerfed across the board without accounting for the shitty base damage it had at the start.
>>
Go Ursine armor with an alchemy build.
A combat build is technically better, but you'll have to use the Cat armor with it, which isn't as pretty.
>>
OP here! Yeah I guess I fell for the meme and dun goofed. I just wanted to try something else besides 'drink potions and swing that shit'. Griffin seems like too much work with no payoff. Perhaps you're invincible but it's not worth the slow gameplay imo. Oh well, back to Whirl I guess!
>>
File: 1360430965333.jpg (234 KB, 500x731) Image search: [Google]
1360430965333.jpg
234 KB, 500x731
If I'll import my armor sets from previous play-through they will be pretty much useless and I'll have to complete sets from the scratch to get a good armor?
>>
Griffon sucks. I only ever used it if it was the only Witcher armor I had or if it was the only one I had the upgrades for.

It's ugly and sign intensity is shit.
>>
The optimal build is a half and half alchemy / combat build. Your best bet if you want to stay magic capable is pick the ursine armor, adrenaline sign overcharge from combat tree, rend/whirl, strong/light attack buffs + critical damage

Then go to alchemy and get higher toxicity, mutgen buff, killing spree and whatever else you want you're already incredibly OP at this point
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.