[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you playing Shogun 2 right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Shogun_2_Total_War_box_art[1].jpg (113 KB, 300x412) Image search: [Google]
Shogun_2_Total_War_box_art[1].jpg
113 KB, 300x412
Why aren't you playing Shogun 2 right now?
>>
>>340211430
Because Hearts of Iron 4 came out today
>>
>>340211430
actually installing it right now.
Bought FotS a year or so ago on sale and never got around to checking it out.

gunna play some rainbow 6 vegas 2 with my bud and then binge play this all night
>>
Always meant to, been playing Rome and Medieval II for ages. If I wasn't saving up for Warhammer Id buy it right now.
>>
>>340211430
Because I'm playing Warhammer
>>
I always get stuck in the midgame when I've built up my clan's territory to the point where I can't pay upkeep for the number of soldiers I need to fight from every front.
>>
is warhammer any good? after getting tricked by Rome 2, I made up my mind to never by a total war game on release, without all the DLC
>>
>>340212751
Literally the best TW since Shogun 2.
>>
After failing multiple campaigns, when I was finally able to unite japan under the iron fist of my shogun, I was absurdly satisfied.

Even if it was short lived and rebellions tore it apart :*)
I did it but my military just couldn't sustain it.
>>
>>340211430
Played all the TW's except Shogun 1, but honestly I didn't care much for Shogun 2. All the units look exactly the same. The campaign map was bretty cool though. my faves are Medieval 2 and Rome 1
>>
The AI is blatantly cheating and is just designed to be as annoying as possible.
>>
>>340211430

I am trying to download it, but every time i open qbitorrent my pc freezes.
>>
>>340213385
Dude just buy it LMAO ;^)
>>
i dont understand line infantry combat. there dont seem to be tactics involved. and no flanking allowed because rifles can turn instantly and always attack horses first
so it seems to me that the way to beat fots is always the same: rush artillery, spam artillery, win each battle easily, lose all sea battles because they suck, take over whole map with ease
>>
>>340213172
>All the units look exactly the same

They don't though.
>>
File: panic.png (90 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
panic.png
90 KB, 278x278
>>340213456

Saving for Total warhammer]
>>
>>340213685
Yari ashigaru to soak up the first wave of bullets, katana kachi to mop up the rifles.

I've never actually tried going traditional v Western, though I enjoyed the challenge of not using Marian reforms on Rome 2, so I'd dare say it'd be difficult and challenging yet enjoyable on FOTS.
>>
>>340214635
that tactic only works very early in the game when units consist mostly of levies with 15 accuracy. after that you have to pretty much always play defense with traditonal units to use the terrain to prevent line of sight so rifles can't fire. this is so annoying that i never play traditional

but modern doesn't seem fun either when all you do is just have more rifles and spread them out as far as you can to get more men shooting. cant do more than that
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.