[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Dark Souls III casualised?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Why are the bosses so fucking easy?
>>
File: 1465122699527.jpg (129 KB, 600x833) Image search: [Google]
1465122699527.jpg
129 KB, 600x833
>>340210556
I didn't find them that easy, but I also made it a point never to level past sl60 weapon +8 and all of my characters after that have been sl50 weapons +6. Keeps the experience challenging and lets me invade effectively.
>>
>>340210556
SL14, weapon +1 and only Nameless King and Soul of Cinder were somewhat challeging, mainly because both of these took ages to defeat
>>
>>340210556
You're used to souls
>>
>>340210556
because they are all silly zelda bosses with silly weakpoints or gimmicks instead of being an actual test of skill, except for pontiff dancer and lothric
>>
It was the hardest game in the series for me. Then again most people seem to overlevel the shit out of themselves and steamroll everything, so...

If you're level 40 by the Abyss Watchers you have no right to call the game easy.
>>
We get upgrade mats and souls way too easily, on top of unlockign the majority of upgrade paths very early. Most buffs are pretty easy to get too and don't require much stats. You can get +3 fire/raw before even the first boss, and have access to strong weapons.

If you faced them at at much lower SL with less upgrades they'd be a decent challenge.
>>
Have you played the previous games? If so then that's probably why they were so easy.

Its not like the game gave me a whole lot of trouble, but I didn't think it was a super easy game by any means. Most of the bosses gave me a decent challenge but never took more than 3 or 4 tries.
>>
>>340210556
The whole game was ggez up until I got to the dancer. I was literally stuck on that shit for about 5 hours but when I beat it I was beyond gud. Beat nameless king on my second try after that and only lost the first time because I went for a greedy hit. Kind of wish dancer didn't force me to git gud so early so I could've not steamrolled the rest of the game
>>
nameless king, pontiff sulyvahn, champion gundyr, twin princes and soul of cinder are more mechanically agrgresive and complex than the majority of the previous souls games fights, and definetely more difficult

that being said, I certainly died to artorias the first time I played him, more times than nameless king.

But going back, he's really quite simplistic and easy
>>
File: Only on Playstation.gif (2 MB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
Only on Playstation.gif
2 MB, 300x166
Because souls game are not hard, in comparsion to other modern games they are a little but the Bosses are certainly not, I actually find the bosses the easy part of these games.
The mobs tend to put up a bit more fight and are more annoying, I can't count how many times I have died from those little niggers with hoods or dogs in DS3, those goat motherfuckers in smoldering lake made me rage quit for a day.

When you hear about how impossible the souls game is it is coming from people who got caught in the hype but are too use to being hand held and pushing x to win.
My brother tried BB but he was too confused that there was no map that he did not get to the first boss.

Most games are babby tier, souls just leave you to your own devices.
>>
I find it hilarious that this game is only hard if you purposely gimp yourself, did the whole game at SL25 +2 and it was easy as fuck, gonna do a SL1 run soon

>>340213642
Yes they do because its so easy to be 40 by the watchers, it should have been tuned better
>>
>>340214105
Gundry, soul and pontiff were shit bosses. I did not die to any of them.
Now Dancer and Twins fucked my shit up a ton.
>>
I think something that really helps the players is that the mechanics have been pretty well refined now. Aside from poise (people will argue for both side), you never really have to fight the controls, mechanics, camera or rules. You don't have to grind either for most stuff and merchants have lots of stuff available or quickly unlocked. We're way better prepared compared to the previous games.
>>
The difficulty curve is just fine. You seem to forget that DaS1 bosses were a walk in the park compared to these. DaS3 barely uses the more than one boss at a time, which is what increases the difficulty the most in these games (see: O&S, 4Kings, Capra, Ruin Sentinels, 2cats, etc)
>>
>>340214105
Only dancer was hard.
Every other boss was easy shit.

Now Gerhman from bb that's fucking hard. 3rd phase was a god damn dbz super saiyan.
>>
We're used to souls, anon.

Do you live under a rock? Threads like "literally impossible" were created daily for the latest two months.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.