[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TF2 vs Overwatch Red and Blu teams (two of each character) vs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7
File: versus.jpg (10 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
versus.jpg
10 KB, 318x159
TF2 vs Overwatch
Red and Blu teams (two of each character) vs One of each hero
Who Would Win?
>>
overwatch
>2 medics, one can revive players
>4 heavies, 2 have shields, one of them can put shields on others
>bastion
>tracer is scout with a get out of death free card
>ults in general
>>
File: image.png (403 KB, 551x529) Image search: [Google]
image.png
403 KB, 551x529
>One game is set in the past with the most advanced thing being a heal gun
>One is set in the future where everyone is enhanced and there are more characters
Oh gee, I wonder who'll win this battle
>>
>>340210561
So... TF2?
>>
>>340211025
really nigga?
>>
TF2 has spies
>>
>>340211260
Really.
>>
>>340211593
only two of them
>>
Tf2 is a better game so
>>
>>340211025
Why would you say TF2 when he listed all those reasons why overwatch characters would win?

You autistic?
>>340211617
That answers that question.
>>340211593
This is probably the only way they can win, and even then, widowmaker and hanzo will probably be able to see through that.
>>
>>340210561
the medic can revive in mvm
>>
>>340211967
well cooldowns are quicker in brawl mode
>>
>>340212087
well according to the comic the tf2 characters are invincible and never die so I win
>>
>>340212354
so are we going with comic logic or gameplay logic, because overwatch has a comic and plot armor too
>>
Depends.

Scout can juggle many Overwatch heroes with his sonic fast speed and double jump. Assuming 2x damage on headshots, he can
potentially deal 204 dmg per shell, enough to 1HKO most OW heroes.

Soldier has dat mobility, and a kritz medic can make him a force to be reckoned with. However, I don't see him working against the
OW cast, specially because how huge the dmg dropoff in TF2 is.

Pyro reflect is now twice as useful, as he can reflect ultimates much like Genji does. His flames DoT will be useful against heroes
such as tracer.

Demoman sticky launcher is GOAT. With crits the possibilities are limitless.

Heavy can fuck anyone shit up as long as he's close.

Engi is le shotgun man with 125HP. His sentry is OP though.

Medic is a nerfed Mercy. His uber is not that great.

Spy is basically the carry

Sniper is a nerfed Widow.
>>
Scout's mobility and damage potential shits on every Overwatch hero except Toblerone
>>
>>340212573
one thing overwatch has over TF2 guys is fall damage, you cant die from falling no matter the height in overwatch, so winston raging up the place could be a problem

>>340212764
>what is the beast that is bastion
>what is soldier 76 ult
>what is rein ult
>what is mei
>>
>>340211025
no
>>
>>340212573
>sniper is nerfed widow

sniper does 150 damage per uncharged headshot
widowmaker does 30 per uncharged headshot

The two snipers would beat widowmaker and proceed to wreck the rest of the team.
>>
>>340212858
>bastion
Peak shot, use mobility to flank and at least keep Bastion occupied
>soldier 76 ult
Again, Scout hears it and uses mobility to stay out of the line of fire until it's finished before closing in for meat shot
>rein ult
Scout stays at distance and chips away with pistol
>mei
Scout stays at a distance and chips away with pistol before closing in for meat shot
>>
The two spies could take out the most valuable Overwatch members from the get-go so I think TF2 wins.
>>
>>340213205
widow can shoot 3 fully charged shots in the time it takes the sniper to fire 1, has more mobility and wallhack ult
>>
Tracer > Scout
Soldier > Pharah
Demoman > Junkrat
Mei > Pyro
Tolbjorn > Engineer
Zarya > Heavy
Medic>Mercy
Widowmaker>Sniper
Reaper>Spy

If they all did some 1v1 fight shit thats how I feel it would play out.
>>
>>340213553
but how can shoot a full charged shot if she is dead
>>
>>340213471
>rein ult
shield until the fucker gets close, 2 swings and he's dead
>meat shot
she just freezes herself or builds a wall
>>
I haven't played Overwatch, but TF2 is one of the worst games I've ever played. It's so shit.
>>
>>340213657
>1 uncharged shot hits for 150
>the sniper has a boltaction rifle
>enough time for widow to charge up
>>
>>340213657
Widow has 200hp

Quickscopes do 150. Widow could probably get off 125hp in bodyshots alone by the time sniper got two shots off.
>>
>>340213863
>>340213825

>two snipers

i see you misread the op
>>
>in tf2 only sniper and spy can headshot
>overwatch everybody can headshot
>>
TF2, provided they have every unlock (though with normal loudout restrictions)

>2 scouts

1 can use a sandman to basically long-range stun anybody, other can use fan o war to make anybody take more damage for a pretty long time(as long as they get close enough; easy for scout). add with mad milk on both they can make any group of heroes incredibly weak, if they're fine with dying probably.

>2 soldiers
rocket launcher is already a pretty good weapon on tf2 mercs, and afaik no hero can reflect. added with soldier's banners, 2 soldiers can be pretty powerful.

>2 pyros
can reflect projectiles, spam flares, kill anybody who gets close easily.

>2 demomen
Considering nobody on overwatch can reflect(i think), even 1 demoman can completely deny an area with stickies, even better with the ScoRes. only Reaper or maybe tracer could get into a roofed room with a demo in it.

>2 heavies
both have ways to heal their teammates and themselves with the sandvich, and have large health pools and huge guns. could probably hold up well against the tanks.

>2 engineers
2 engies mean: 2 dispensers, 2 sets of teleporters(one for flanking, maybe), and 2 aimbot-o-matics. definitely powerful

>2 medics
if they live, you get 8 seconds of invincibility or +300% damage. plus having a medic just makes you tankier in general. Medics survive a lot easier if the other mercs give enough of a shit to protect them.

>2 snipers

considering, from what I've heard, everybody but Tracer moves as fast as soldier, overwatch could be child's play for the snipers. +supporting jarate, if 1 sniper stays with the team they could take down any enemy with relative ease.

>2 spies
let's assume that the spy's sapper could take down D. Va's mech, torbjorn's sentries, Symmetra's teles, and bastion. considering both spies have an unlimited amount of sappers at any time, and NO hero has a wrench or a homewrecker, they could prove incredibly useful. A spy could probably, easily take down a distracted reinhardt too.
>>
>>340213920
hows that a problem, genji can fuck up 2 snipers no problem, add a tracer and its done
>>
TF2 has Demos

TF2 wins by default
>>
>>340213656
>soldier, the guy who has to shoot his feet to jump up to meet Pharah's height, therefore taking damage, is going to beat Pharah who has concussive rockets, jump jet / hover and a barrage of mini rockets

Nigga what
>>
>1950s tech vs 2170 or some shit tech
>who wins

GEE I DUNNO,
>>
>>340213920
That scenario is still stupid

its 21vs18.

With this logic, Hanzo would shoot a scatter arrow up into the sniper nest and kill both snipers in one shot.
>>
>>340213978
Genji can reflect
>>
>>340213978
but I've never played or looked into overwatch that much so this could all be bullshit. whatever
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nh7qrfjvWr1qmgobz.png (224 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nh7qrfjvWr1qmgobz.png
224 KB, 500x308
Name a single group of 6 overwatch characters that can beat THIS
>>
>>340213689
>rein puts up shield
Scout disengages and picks another target or continues to harass Rein from the sides

>Mei freezes herself or walls
Scout stays at a distance until she thaws and proceeds to chip away with pistol. Scout goes around wall and chips with pistol, or disengages temporarily if Mei tries to lead him into tight space.

Otherwise Scout uses mobility to take her by surprise and meatshot her with scattershot. If she freezes herself, repeat chip strat.
>>
>all this stuff that tf2 would do and for some reason overwatch would just stand still

This thread is pathetic. Overwatch faggots are annoying but you tf2 nerds need to get over it
>>
>>340214362
all mei
>>
>>340214362
all mcree
>>
>>340214062
Height is pointless, horiztonal movement is key for soldier, which pharah struggles with greatly.

She'd really just be a sitting airshot target for soldier.
>>
McCree can oneshot 125HP classes.
>>
>>340213471
>chips away with a pistol
have fun with that -11 damage
>>
>>340214573
>all classes
FTFY
>>
>>340214374
one firestrike from reinhardt is enough to leave the scout with 25 hp, and scout has to shoot rein at least 10 times to kill him
>>
Direct hit soldier would have a field day considering how slow all the characters are.
>>
>>340214362
From what I've read
Lucio x2
Winston x2
Mcree x2
>>
>>340214167
Yeah this.

My first thought in a fight between the two is
>One side is full of super futuristic technology
>Every Overwatch character is some kind of cyborg or at least heavily armoured with metal plates

I think the Demoman is actually the most well-armored guy because of his vest medieval helmets and shields. and i guess Pyro has a sort of tough flame-proof suit

TF2 is full of people fighting in shirts and jackets with the occasional helmet or knee-pad, a few stray bullets would take out most of them if we're going off realism
>>
>>340214572
>Play a lot of tf2
>try pharah
>Constantly airshot other pharas without any trouble
>Be called "Lucker" constantly

Is pharah's rocket hitbox that big or what?
>>
>>340214990
played a shit ton of tribes and air shot all the time, but her rockets AOE is pretty shit
>>
You guys are overestimating ultimates. They can only be used once you deal enough damage, so unless OW can plan who gets their ultimate first, probably only 1 or 2 will get used through the battle, if they do good.

From what I've seen, OW is many classes achieving a common goal by fighting a common enemy. TF2 is acheiving a common goal by using 2 classles abilities together(medic + heavy, engie + pyro, etc... they all need eachother to become incredibly powerful)
OW gets BTFO if tf2 classes actually work together. In this hypothetical battle, I'd assume that each OW hero would be trying to do their own thing, when maybe only a quarter of the tf2 characters wouldn't be with "the group".
>>
>>340212354
In the comic, Tor'turret has access to a Titan mech that is capable of destroying an entire country by itself, Symmetra can actually build entire buildings with her hard light technology and make light bombs that can blow up skyscrapers, and Reinhardt literally can't be beaten because he is a paladin for righteousness, justice, and dragonslaying.
>>
>>340214990
A floating pharah is slower than a heavy. It's ridiculously easy to airshot if you're somewhat competent with tf2 soldier.
>>
>>340214990
OW hitboxes are huge and the game itself is slow, pharah particiarly cant move horizontally very well.

So airshotting her is really easy as anyone.
>>
>>340214794
That's if they manage to hit the Scout, and any Scout worth their salt is never gonna stop juking around like a madman
>>
>>340215246
if the scout wants to do anything to the reinhardt he has to get close and that hammer has a huge range, otherwise the shield has 2000 health
>>
>>340215246
also he needs to hit him twice with that hammer to kill him
>>
Canonically, Overwatch characters seem to be a bit stronger. S76 survived a huge explosion at point blank with minimal injuries, wheras the TF2 characters have been literally blown to bits by less in both Demoman's MtT video and The Sound of Medicine. On the other hand, the Scout did survive 3 direct rockets at once, albeit badly injured, in Meet the Medic, and 5 mercs killed an army of robots by themselves in one video, canonically before Medic created his shield and ressurection ability. Ubercharge is probably the game changer here. Supplementary material seems to show it as charging faster and lasting longer than ingame, so a good use of it from Team Fortress's 2 Medics could lean the match to their side.

Sniper definitely seems to be much better than Widow or Hanzo though, and none of the Overwatch cast seems like they'd tank a fully charged sniper shot to the head.
>>
Is there something that isn't counter-able by the other team
>>
>>340215392
>>340215587
So again, Scout just stays at range
>>
>>340215710
Scout will never beat rein because of 3rd person view.
>>
>>340210186
>literally Superman vs Goku argument
>TF2 has a chance guis!
>>
>>340215710
at range he cant do shit though, scouts shotgun does 60 per shot, reinhardts shield has 2000hp and refills, and there are others on the team that can kill him while he goes after rein
>>
>>340213657
>>340213863
You are forgetting that Widow is hitscan, sniper isn't hitscan. Also, one of the Snipers would be using a bow to balance out the fact that Hanzo uses a bow.

>>340212573
Scout would get Mcreed probably, Soldier could get Junkrated or hooked, Pyro could screw up Phara, but all the beam users will wreck him, Demo stickly launcher is a less effective Zarya alt fire which would be stopped by Reinhardt's shield, and Heavy is a less effective Bastion that can move while shooting, but Genji, Mcree, Widow, and etc could kill him, Engi and Tor in a sandwhich eating contest while their turrets get them top kills, Spy could be the only one to actually mess up their day but so many attacks deal huge aoe that would kill everyone if friendly fire was on, so he could get taken out right away, Sniper could potentially do some serious damage unless widow, reaper, and D.VA get involved.
>>
File: 1379536417042.gif (1 MB, 320x175) Image search: [Google]
1379536417042.gif
1 MB, 320x175
>>340211832
Autistic for disagreeing? God damn, get me some blocks or something.
>>
>>340215905
>Sniper isn't hitscan
what am i reading
>>
Spy can't disguise himself a woman i would assume? or at least couldn't mimic the voice.

Certainly couldn't disguise himself as a fucking robot or giant gorilla.

So he'd be limited to taking the form of like Junkrat, Mcree, etc. that would be a problem if the OW team realized
>>
>>340215905
Why the fuck would anyone ever use the huntsman seriously.

Hanzo completely shits on it.
>>
>>340215992
seeing as there's only one of each on the OW team, it would be obvious and cloak gets countered by sonic arrows and wallhack
>>
>>340215992
He disguises as the heavy who is 3 times his size and gets away with it
>>
Both games are great, but I'm completely burnt out on TF2 and the community has only gotten worse since it went F2P.
>>
>>340215869
Scout doesn't have to go after Rein exclusively, he can always switch targets. Also, 2 Scouts working in tandem can make for a very deadly and annoying combo.

Rein's shield only covers the front after all.
>>
>>340216437
you do realise reinhardt isnt a character that splits off from the team
>>
Scout is one of the reasons i left tf2.
He is so fucking op.
>bang bang
>you died
>bang bang
>you died
>>
2 aimbot heavies could easily take out all of the overwatch team
>>
>>340216159
I forgot about that. Heavy's size is really just his massive arms and chest though

Who is the second tallest TF2 character? Isn't it Demoman when he stands upright?

Engineer and scout are the shortest if i remember.
>>
File: 1462826901916.gif (2 MB, 265x206) Image search: [Google]
1462826901916.gif
2 MB, 265x206
kill yourselves
>>
>>340215992
>implying spy doesn't know how to be girl
>implying spy isn't who you took to prom your senior year

Plus he could always disguise as tumblr tranny if he couldn't be a woman.
>>
>>340216724
>bang bang
>you're bad
>>
>>340216706
Yes, I know that. I don't why you guys keep assuming Scouts just attack head on like they're frontline fighters. Scouts flank and escape.
>>
>>340216078
Because you have two OW snipers, one uses a bow and one uses a gun. The TF2 side has two Snipers, one using a bow and one using a gun.

If TF2 has a shitty bow mechanic then that is their fault, but OW has arrows for days.

>>340215992
Spy's ability is semi-magical in that he can instantly appear like a member of the enemy team. Thing is I can see Spy dying instantly just because Junkrat is trying to use his landmine to get to a higher ledge or Winston's lightning gun kills him. Overwatch is full of huge "oh thank god we don't have FF" explosions.

>>340216113
That is a good point, invisible would be a good skill that we haven't seen in OW yet, but he can still take damage while cloaked, right?
>>
>>340216918
Nice roleplayed, m'lad
>>
>>340217054
you keep assuming that people cant aim for shit and cant hit a scout
>>
>>340216785
Sniper is tallest at full height, iirc.
>>
>>340214362
5 Soldiers and a Reinhardt.

Hitscan headshots OP, especially behind a shield.
All dat damage, all dat self heal, dem helix's. And then literal auto aim to top it off.
>>
Canonically, I feel like Genji might be the most OP character in either game considering he's a cyborg ninja who can summon a dragon.
>>
>>340217067
>but OW has arrows for days.
Hanzo's projectiles are literally beachballs that make headshots come super easy.

Not to mention he can put up wallhax, and scatter arrow dudes to death in 1 hit when its off cooldown. Oh, and the fucking dragon.

OW abilities take it up to a whole new level of power over TF2.
>>
With OW's projectile system and general lack of aiming, hitting someone as fast as scout isn't exactly hard.

Go play speed lucio only and see how much you still get hit.
>>
>>340217746
The amount of powerful hitscan is crazy prevalent in OW.

Soldier and McCreed will make mincemeat out of any scouts that get in view.

Not to mention all the ez mode shotguns, hooks and stuns.

Tracer would also 1v1 the shit out of scout any day of the week.
>>
>>340214062
Phara is also slow as fuck and easy to hit.
>>
IT'S
>>
Is it just one scout fag in this thread or are the multiple people cumming their undies at the thought of tf2 scout
>>
So when will Overwatch fans draw TF2 characters being brutally murdered in a fight like this or vice versa?
>>
>>340210186
ima take the motherfucka who can turn into a gahdam shadow.
>>
File: 1464966704100.png (240 KB, 641x770) Image search: [Google]
1464966704100.png
240 KB, 641x770
>>340219080
HIHG
>>
>>340217921
>Tracer would also 1v1 the shit out of scout any day of the week.

Scout would pretty much instant kill a Tracer within range.

Tracer doesn't have his DPS.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>340210186
>2 demos, 2 soldiers and 2 medics flying across the sky

The other classes are irrelevant, overwatch is fucked

This isnt your shitty payload guarding fatty slow team.

These boys travel at the speed of sound by exploding their legs.
>>
>>340210186
skill , team balance vs ezpzlemmehelpyouaimandcomebacktolife
I don't know
>>
>>340222820
Scout is pathetic at medium range. Tracer could keep him at medium range all day just like she does everyone else with a shotgun.
>>
>>340224671
But Scout is just straight up faster then Tracer.

He also has a much better range of Movement and his double jump.

He'd be in her face faster then she could rewind.
>>
>>340210904
the one with hats
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.