[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any big name MMOs coming out soon/on the horizon? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: mmo.jpg (8 KB, 412x122) Image search: [Google]
mmo.jpg
8 KB, 412x122
Are there any big name MMOs coming out soon/on the horizon? I don't care if you think they're good, just that I haven't heard of anything new and I'm curious as to why.
>>
people prefer to pay for useless skins rathers than pay for a monthly, mmo is dead
>>
>>340206984
Camelot Unchained

everything else is garbage generic grind or dungeon/raid grind
>>
>>340206984
Crowfall, maybe.
>>
>>340207458
That's in alpha right? The one where we saw a trailer about something to do with crafting recently? It sounded good but it's so early in it's way too early to tell.
>Everthing else is garbage
I'm not looking for a new game to play, I just can't remember the last time I haven't seen at least one big name MMO on the horizon.
>>
can we just turn it into a mmo general.
downloaded neverwinter recently but from the little i played im unimpressed.its seems like it just going to put you into instanced dungeons where you one shot everything is it true?
what other mmos could you recommend me to get into if im a poor fag who's not going to spend a dime on them?
>>
all curent mmo have a +/- 10 years old gameplay,
only clicking and farming
>>
>>340207792
Ya sure, thread isn't bumping itself so go right ahead, I'll probably get a better answer that way anyway.

Have you tried Wildstar? I played it for awhile on release. Don't listen to what /v/ tells you, it's fucking outstanding. Not sure how to f2p went though as I had to quit.
>>
>>340208636
not him but Wildstar is one of my favourite MMO's, wouldn't recommend it though, I installed it last night to try it for the first time in about 8-9 months and its completely dead. 6PM on a sunday queuing as a healer, 25 minutes went past, not a single person running any dungeon, another 25 minutes pass... not a single person running vet dungeons with just over 80 people standing around idiling in the Exile capital city.
Ncsoft have reported the game is making less than City of Heroes was when it shut down so no point in playing it, they'll be pulling the plug soon.

My recommendation OP, none. All f2p are garbage, the best is maybe GW2 but even that is shit.
>>
>>340209402
The death of wildstar was really quite sad. I played it when it came out and got to level cap where it was incredibly boring. dungeons too hard for casual people. nothing to do at endgame. still such a shame to see it die though. so much potential.
>>
>>340206984
The Repopulation but shit happen so they are kind of rebuilding for the unreal engine now also seconding what >>340207458 said

>>340207792
Neverwinter is pretty cool, pay to do almost anything tho, also you don't unlock your class' tab power until level 10. The reason why I bring up the tab power is because it's pretty much the one big thing that class does.

>>340209402
>GW2
>Best at anything

It felt like a decent MMO to zone out on but zoning out while gaming seem awful to me also the living story is shit
>>
>>340210478
All MMOs die, but not all MMOs truely live.
>>
>>340210478
I feel you brother man, legit loved the game, I was hoping the steam release would bring some new players but I know they wouldn't stick around, don't think it will survive that long anyway, NC will most likely pull the plug before the year ends

>>340210574
it is the best f2p mmo, its still shit but its the best piece of shit in a mountain of shit. Also, Neverwinter isn't cool, nothing Perfect World touches is cool.
>>
File: chronicles-of-elyria.jpg (75 KB, 700x307) Image search: [Google]
chronicles-of-elyria.jpg
75 KB, 700x307
the next savior of MMOs incoming
>>
>>340210574
It has the best characters at least, look at Trahearne or Scarlet
>>
>>340211458
but anon... that isn't Crowfall.

how long are we going to keep pretending a saviour is coming? everyone else has moved on, why can't we?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.