[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have Elites always been gendered? Like, in the expanded universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Elites..png (2 MB, 1365x658) Image search: [Google]
Elites..png
2 MB, 1365x658
Have Elites always been gendered? Like, in the expanded universe or something? When you play as an Elite in multiplayer, you don't choose between a male or female model, just "Elite." I just assumed they had no gender at all. They don't gots dicks after all.
>>
>>340201930
Yes, they have, but the fact this game points it out so heavily makes it hilariously bad and pandering as fuck.

They are aliens that you cant distinguish the sex apart from one another, you cant even distinguish your own teams sex's due to the heavy armor yet 'WE STRONK WOMEN"

its just bad writing.
>>
>>340202137
to be fair though it's safe to assume that life in the universe won't always have sexual dimorphism, hell even on earth there are species where males and females look almost exactly similar except for some small differences it could be safe to assume elites could be like some earth animals in that dimorphism is all internal
>>
>>340202137
>its just bad writing.
Yeah I knew that much. I was making sure 343 and their new capeshit writer weren't trying to inject their shitty politics into the lore of the universe for the sole purpose of goodboy points
>>
>>340201930
The guy who invented the halo universe and wrote halo 1,2,3,ODST, and reach wrote a halo novel with a female elite as a primary character (Joseph Staten, Shadow Of Intent)

We've never seen any female members of the covenant really, maybe Grunts or jackals are hard to tell the difference between, but I assume the Covenant didn't let them into military roles. Probably kept them safely on highly guarded worlds so they could raise more soldier.
>>
>>340203000
That's exactly right in the case of the Grunts. Grunts reproduce like rabbits, and their childhoods are extremely short, that's why there are so many of them. So the Covenant have been forcing the women to procreate to make more soldiers, which is why they have no combat roles.
>>
>>340202508
>new capeshit writer
Is this for real?
>>
>>340203361
Yep comic book writer

He's really shit, see: halo 4 + halo 5
>>
>>340201930
I´m glad I didn´t decide to buy a xbox one
>>
>>340202137
It's pointing out that traditions have been broken due to the war. Are you seriously triggered so easily?
>>
>>340201930

>"War has traditionally been a male's job on Sanghelios."

>on Sanghelios

But that is not true, female elites are capable fighters and are the last line of defense if ever Sanghelios was ever invaded or in a state of war.

When the Covenant was a thing they ran shit in administration roles while they were off world. Yet we fight with no female Elites in Halo 5 at all.

Half the time I was wondering if I was on Sanghelios at all, the sky isn't even orange/red like it's been described before.

Halo 5 could have been fucking great narrative wise but the fucked up at everything.
>>
>>340205135
I thought sanghelios was pretty neat, but now that you mention the red skies, I'm angry

Why is it that we always get generic "Desert, Jungle, Snow" environments in EVERY game that always look like they could be found on earth. I want alien worlds.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.