[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: poe.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
poe.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
what am I in for?
>>
>>340197113
Boredom
>>
>>340197113
great story, nice companions, beautiful art direction and immersion
>wood elf cipher
good choice but you should drop con and res to 3 while pumping mig, dex and per to 18
>>
>>340197113
a very good looking game with a meh combat system that tries very hard to be different and unique but is counter intuitive and boring. And a plot that never really seems to take off despite the impressive world building
>>
infodump the game
meh combat system
okay story
>>
>>340197667
>combat system that tries very hard to be different and unique
Am I being rused here?
>>
>>340197113
Shit.

Get ready for shit combat system.
>>
A really enjoyable CRPG, the best recent one in my opinion.
/v/ hates the fuck out of it, though. It's really disliked here for no good reason.
>>
>>340197468
Fuck off min maxer 3 con is a death sentence on any reasonably hard difficulty
>>
you didn't really enjoy baldur's gate it's all nostalgia the game was shit
t. sawyer the hack
>>
>>340198692
only at the begging and i've played od potd using ranged cipher
>>
>>340198692
on any reasonably hard difficulty your ranged ciphers won't get hit because entire game is made with tank n spank in mind and having higher hit chance and more dps is much more vital than pumping your con that is going to be shit anyway
>>
I created a human rogue and I regret it deeply
There's so way to reclass my main character?
>>
>Mig

I assume this means might by why not just use strength?
>>
>>340199213
no, only respec
>>
what game is this even
>>
>>340199409
Pillars of Eternity, one of the best crpg games ever made
>>
>>340197113
get ready for:
>insane amount of trash mobs that don't give you any reward, even higher if you play on potd
>shit itemization in base game, only somewhat fixed by dlc
>boring as fuck combat system with shit balance
>vancian casting in a game where buffs last 10 seconds
>shit stat system that forces all builds to pump the same 3 stats to hardcap while ignoring everything else aside from tanks and maybe debuff wizards
>HORRIFYINGLY bland story and world that just feels incredibly hollow
>>
>>340197113
Tried to play it but after 4 hours I fell asleep
>>
>>340199740
>I fell asleep
literally?
>>
>>340199651
>HORRIFYINGLY bland story
c'mon anon, I bet you could name at lest one rpg game with even more worse story than this
>>
>>340200002
Almost

I wanted to like it badly but the combat and overall style of the game is just not for me
>>
>>340197242
First post Best post
>>
>>340197935
it draws heavy inspiration from the traditional DnD system found in IE games, yet it tries its hardest to be better and different and it doesnt. It fails in that regard.
>>
>>340200232
>Almost
good, this could end up bad for you
>>
>>340199038
You think you do but you dont.
>>
>>340200226
I can name a lot of rpgs with bad stories, but they are usually exploration-oriented and have some fun gameplay mechanics like DivOS.
Now PoE is an rpg with bad gameplay that also throws constant info dumps on you expecting you to be somehow interested in its lore. Problem is, its lore is lame, bland and boring beyond belief.
>>
>>340200335
Upvoted
>>
>>340200537
>Now PoE is an rpg with bad gameplay that also throws constant info dumps
what did you expect from a completely new universe? you're too harsh
>expecting you to be somehow interested in its lore
the lore itself was decent, again what did you expect? some wow like fantasy or 1:1 d&d clone?
>>
Every NPC literally has a 3 paragraph long text dump.
>>
>>340202274
backer npc's, don't bother with them
>>
>>340201284
>what did you expect from a completely new universe
to not be boring
i mean, a fucking underrail, exploration-oriented rpg, has a way more detailed and interesting universe with all sorts of fun things going on
>1:1 d&d clone
poe lore is literally 1:1 dnd clone except the fedoracore shit about gods
>>
>>340202569
>fedoracore
I knew it, the real reason for not liking poe and truth in general is your own blindness, your christianity
>>
>>340201284
no, hes not too harsh. its a legitimate criticism
>>
Fucking boring as fuck. Also you don't get exp for fighting but the game insists on throwing hordes of enemies at you
>>
>>340199517
t. Obsidian dev
>>
>>340203110
>its a legitimate criticism
no, that's just his bad taste
>>
>>340202927
found the redditor
>>
>>340203569
rattle, rattle, clink, clink
>>
>>340200226
>there are rpgs with worse stories therefore this one is good
shittily cooked food tastes better than actual feces but that doesn't mean it tastes good
>>
>>340197113
Its a great game and a nice comeback of WRPGs, haters are not real fans of this genre..
Mostly folk who likes Diablo clones shit on this game(and usually Icewind Dale fans, IWD is not WRPG but action RPG)
>>
>>340197113
The shittiest combat in anyCRPG game ever.
>>
>>340199651

i played it for about 30 hours before quitting entirely at launch, and it was all these things and more. for example you forgot to mention that at least 3 of the classes are dogshit worthless in combat

have they still not cleaned any of this up?
>>
>>340204628
I never played torment and arcanum the post
>>
>>340204791
they rebalanced classes a little but funny enough made casters even worse by removing per-battle spells on higher level and instead shoehorning in dumb mastery system
>>
>>340204791
>have they still not cleaned any of this up?
they fixed everyting since 3.0 patch
>>
>>340204941

are psions and chanters still outrageously OP? does it still have that retarded health/healing system that forces you into using rest items or backtracking to your otherwise almost entirely useless castle to sleep after battling dozens of trash mobs on every screen?
>>
File: 1440528255717.png (220 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1440528255717.png
220 KB, 500x372
A $30 game that I hope you didn't pay $60 for. Decent combat and exploration. It's fun to work with positioning, team set up, engagement, stacking buffs and debuffs and spell timings, pulling through and around traps, etc. The mega dungeon is fun to try and clear as early as you can.

A bit mediocre loot. Almost everything is +1 something. Might suit you fine in a certain edition of D&D sort of way but I was never excited to find treasure after act 1.

A lot of immersion breaking. The backer stuff is all pretty bad. It sucks to see something to interact with and immediately think "Ah, backer trash. Better skip it."

A rail road plot. Don't worry about any decisions you make because they'll be made for you by the end of the act.

Did they ever patch the fortress to do anything?

ps

don't worry about the fortress it doesn't do anything
>>
>>340205179
>are psions and chanters still outrageously OP?
no
>does it still have that retarded health/healing system that forces you into using rest items or backtracking to your otherwise almost entirely useless castle to sleep after battling dozens of trash mobs on every screen?
yes
>>
>>340197113
okay game, shit combat.
>>
>>340205290
>Did they ever patch the fortress to do anything?
they added couple of special quest for your companions and one big fortress quest for your mc
>>
>>340205290
>decent combat

wew lad. you must enjoy real time with pause so much that even done in the very worse way possible you still find it enjoyable

wanna use your already fucking god awful mage to cast an AoE damage spell? let it rip, sure you never know, the enemies might not move outta the way in the meantime

at least the moving enemy will proc an attack of opportunity from one of your guys if theyre not flatfooted or otherwise engaged with an attack on timer, of course when your own melee dps units go to follow them youre gonna get hit by AoOs too.

and then after clearing millions of trash mobs you can use your clerics to heal whatever your HP pool has been reduced to, or go 4 loading screens back to the nearest inn/your shitty castle
>>
>>340206207
>4 loading screens
agreed, loading screens are the worse
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.