[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strange of Sword City
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: StrangerOfSwordCity.jpg (277 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
StrangerOfSwordCity.jpg
277 KB, 1280x720
30 bucks for a port of a 2 year old game? Is there even anything new in this port?
>>
Not a port, dipshit.
>>
>>340180207
i´m interested but can anyone tell more about the game?
good soundtrack?
playtime?
the art seems great, but i still have my doubts for 30 bucks
>>
>>340180207
The game was originally on PC in Japanland and then ported to Vita and 360
>>
>>340181950
If you're playing this game, you're doing it for the ART.

As a dungeon crawler, naturally it'll be like 40-70 hours or maybe longer.
>>
>>340180207
>Is there even anything new in this port?

Custom portraits that's it
>>
>>340180207

Just buy Sakura Dungeon and get the nude patch.
>>
>>340180207
How is the game itself?

I always want to get into dungeon crawlers but none have kept my interest so far. The art looks amazing though.
>>
>>340180207
I really love the style of this game. Thinking of buying it just for that.
>>
>>340182286
>originally on PC in Japanland
What the hell? Why couldn't we get an english PC version back then?
>>
>>340182583
Fuck off, no one is buying this for sex
>>
File: fuck off shill.jpg (391 KB, 1628x752) Image search: [Google]
fuck off shill.jpg
391 KB, 1628x752
>>340182583
>buy
How about fuck off?
>>
Is an incomplete version with 8 of the 11 classes, less events, less mechanics and worse balance
>>
>>340182906
Because no one who wanted to translate it would dare release it on "Sale Culture" Steam before already getting their money on console and handheld
>>
>>340182906
>What the hell?
>Japanese videogame companies/businesses in general

Because they're backwards and are mostly incompetent fucks.

We're talking about a country where people literally sleep for half of their working shift and it's accepted because you must have been working REALLY hard if you're sleeping at work.
>>
>>340182965

No one buys a Nip game without any game play for anything but Sex anon.

>>340183045
mahnigga.jpg
>>
File: stranger_of_sword_city-2541842.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
stranger_of_sword_city-2541842.jpg
209 KB, 1280x720
>>340183154
Yes they do. For ART.
>>
>>340183052
Wait really?

Do all versions have this problem?
>>
>>340183052
Wat
>>
>>340183349
Yes, google "New interpretation" is the complete version
>>
>>340183052
Are the vita & Xbone versions like this?

Is there a comparison between versions or are you talking shit. Where those citations at dog.
>>
>>340183052
>>340183349
>>340183439
>>340183520

He's referring to an enhanced version of the game that just got announced a month ago that hasn't even released yet, it's going to be vita exclusive in japan, no idea if it's going to get an english release next year.

>>340182583
You must really love shoveling dogshit down your throat.
>>
>>340183510
That's just a different updated version just announced and there's no guarantee it will even be localized.
>>
>>340183632
>it's going to be vita exclusive in japan
I doubt there will be a PC version then. I'm just going to get this ver. Plus I ain't waiting any longer for this game.
>>
>>340183632
Oh, I might just pass on this then.

I'm not sure what the plan is with really late releases like this and then announcing updated/new versions.

I get that it might not come out in the west at all and even if it does it might be months/year(s) away.

How is the game generally though? Was it well received in the genre?
>>
>>340183753
Vita exclusive in Japan doesn't mean shit. Look at all those garbage neptunia games that came out on PC.
>>
>>340184230
Well received in the genre yes. But normies don't like the genre
>>
>>340184230
>I'm not sure what the plan is with really late releases like this and then announcing updated/new versions.
You'll find out at E3 when PS4neo and Xbone2 are announced ;^)
>>
>>340184230
It's regarded as one of Experience's best games, but since all their dungeon crawlers are really samey except for environments and art and one or two changes in the mechanics or gimmick from game to game, if you've played Demon Gaze or Tokyo Abyss/Code Hazard, then you have a good idea what your getting into, gimmicks here being permadeath can be gauged much better, and crafting is done away with for just finding loot with pluses on them.
>>
Is there any site that has a bestiary with all the enemy art?
>>
>>340184906
I guess I would kinda be a normie in the sense that I love the idea of dungeon crawlers, I think the history of them and the things they influenced is cool but I've never played one that grabbed me enough to stick with it.

This seemed interesting because of the art and the developer but with this new version being announced and the PC version not having a super great price I'm not really sure right now.
>>
>>340185278
I think the big question is: do you have a Vita? Because I find it hard to believe they're going to release this for PC and then go to the trouble of porting the updated version as well.

I'm sort of in a similar position in that I like the idea of DCs and played 2 EO games but I feel like something really needs to grab me now to get me to commit to a dungeon crawler. The art on this game and the fact that a complete bestiary does not seem to exist online makes me lean towards going with SoSC
>>
I really liked the Grimrock games so how does this compare to them?
More focus on battles and less or no puzzles?
>>
>>340186307
A better question is how do you compare Wizardry to Dungeon Hack, because that's what you just asked.
>>
>>340186026
I don't own a vita.

Given that SoSC came out in 2014 and is only showing up in English now, I'm tempted to buy but I still don't feel great about the idea of buying a game that's essentially out of date. If the price was a little lower I would have jumped on it for sure.
>>
>>340186942
It does seem like a tough decision. I'm in it far more for the art so I'm more likely to just jump at this version since it doesn't seem like the stuff added to the new version will be that art intensive.

Also I've kind of given up trying to have the most complete version of a game ever since games with DLC out the ass started getting lax on putting out GOTY editions that bundle it all. Some still do but some don't.
>>
Torrent when?
>>
File: Healie.jpg (223 KB, 800x796) Image search: [Google]
Healie.jpg
223 KB, 800x796
I'm torn, I want to just throw my waifu portraits into the game, but that shit really clashes with the art style present.

Also is there a guide anywhere for how stats and class levels actually affect shit, I wonder if I should even invest agility into a knight since I don't know if that affects their defense interception rates.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.