[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a fanbase in all of video games that has it worse than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 41
File: PaperMarioStickerStarCover.jpg (164 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
PaperMarioStickerStarCover.jpg
164 KB, 250x250
Is there a fanbase in all of video games that has it worse than us? And no, before you start whining you retarded metroid fans, fuck off, youve had years and years of great games we only have 2. There's even hope for a good metrioid in the future but if color splash flops (which it will) we'll never get another entry period and even if we did itd be another sticker star.
>>
>>340159775
>we only have 2
Fuck you fuck this thread SPM was my favorite
>>
>>340159858
then you have awful, garbage pale taste. its gameplay was arguably worse than sticker star
>b-b-but muh story
no. fuck off. literal OC DONUT STEAL characters riddled throughout a poorly designed world with gimmicks out the ass and broken boss battles. Kill yourself.
>>
Off the top of my head:
>F-Zero
>Metal Slug
>Conker
>Mega Man
>Breath of Fire
>Silent Hill
>>
>>340160136
none of those have it WORSE than paper mario fans.
>>
Mega man fans have it worse. Sticker star is bad and the new game looks terrible but Nintendo isn't pretending it's thousand year door 2 only to cancel it and all other Mario games in development.

Megaman fans haven't got shit since outside of some terrible ports. Then the MN9 fiasco happened. That shitty mega man cartoon where he's a student with a secret identity and has a mini me was just announced 2 weeks ago.
>>
I dunno, but I find it hard to find a fanbase in all of video games that's worse than the obnoxious Paper Mario fanbase.
>>
>>340160575
It's really easy actually. Just look at Overwatch, Undertale or any MOBA or MMO

Hell if you step outside of vidya you'll easy find worse fanbases on /co/ and /trash/ like Steven Universe and Gravity Falls
>>
>>340160356
F-Zero hasn't had a console release in 13 years.
Metal Slug hasn't had a game top the first four. Sequels were rushed or failed experiments, went mobile. Anniversary title was a sequel to the mobile tower defense game.
Conker got one game, a censored remake with removed content, the sequel was put on hold until Microsoft would ask for it, the creator would have killed him off in the sequel anyway, he became a DLC asset for Microsoft's Garry's Mod which died in two years and wasn't even finished, and now he's used to promote bad AR.
I don't think I need to even explain what happened to Mega Man.
Breath of Fire is now mobile.
Silent Hill has some Mega Man syndrome.
>>
File: 1464902660158.gif (352 KB, 415x268) Image search: [Google]
1464902660158.gif
352 KB, 415x268
>>340159775
>Sonic
>Mega Man
>Banjo
>F-Zero
>Conker

Devs not listening to fans and constantly fucking them over isn't exclusive to Mario, pal.
>>
>>340160356

You sound like the Internet equivalent of the faggot who tells someone how much worse their own life is while the other person is trying to vent frustration.

WAAHHHH NO ONE HAS IT WORSE THAN ME

Several of those franchises he mentioned have it worse.
>>
>>340160683
At least they enjoy things.

When you stop enjoying something and in becomes clear the creators have no intention of appealing to you again, you don't kick and scream until they hopefully listen, you move on.
>>
>two of the best RPGs of all time
>Mario RPG and Mario and Luigi play just like it
>B-B-BUT PAPER MARIO IS DIFFERENT NOW BAWWWWWWW

Fuck off.
>>
>>340160683
>Steven Universe
>Gravity Falls
THOSE are the fanbases you choose to rag on? Really? Not MLP, Hetalia, or Homestuck? You clearly have no idea what a bad fanbase looks like.
>>
>>340160703
My bad, I forgot about Pocket Tales. So did everyone else.
>>
>>340159775
Maybe not worse, but Crash Bandicoot.
>>
>>340160081
funny thing is that you described TTYD with that too except for the boss battle bit. 64 is the only true good one
>>
bomberman
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 507x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 507x401
>>340160816
>Mario and Luigi play just like it
Confirmed to have never played either of those games.
>>
File: SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg (60 KB, 640x443) Image search: [Google]
SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg
60 KB, 640x443
I think the fanbase of an idea that got split into two separate series, one doing its own thing and becoming a bit stagnant due to playing it too safe while the other shit the bed with abrupt experimentation.
>>
>>340160816
>>Mario RPG and Mario and Luigi play just like it

Kill yaself my dude. SMRPG is basically final fantasy: mushroom kingdom edition and M&L has shit gameplay.
>>
>>340161010
They're both RPGs with active battles.
>>
>>340160862
TTYD had the same charm as 64 with worse wold design and a better battle system. They're different but equal in their own ways. Both have detractors and both have positives over the other.
>>
>>340160812
>At least they enjoy things.
They enjoy shitposting and acting like manchildren online, that's about it.

>you don't kick and scream until they hopefully listen
Except that's literally what they do.

>>340160839
MLP and Homestuck are bad sure.

But SU fans are composed of sociopath children who launch smear campaigns or worse on people who do such terrible things as

>draw something they don’t like
>ship something they don’t like
>exist in a way they don’t like
>do literally nothing, but someone doesn’t like them

It literally keeps getting worse, to the point it’s bleeding into the real world with shit like the SU fandom review bombing actual businesses for le funny meme and violent crazies getting more and more brazen with the fact they’re launching these harassment campaigns on other people in the fandom due to personal distaste than any real ‘offense’ committed.

If you don't think that's encapsalates the absolute worst fanbases, then YOU HAVE CLEARLY NO IDEA WHAT A BAD FANBASE LOOKS LIKE.
>>
>>340160839
homestuck's fanbase overlaps with undertale's fanbase so your point is moot.
>>
>>340161217
why do fanbases keep getting worse?

like, people argue that you should just ignore them but that’s becoming an increasingly less realistic option as more and more fandoms have gone from ‘annoying’ to ‘intolerable’ to ‘toxic’ to ‘violent and toxic’ to ‘actually, literally criminal’ and it gets worse with each new thing. i fucking shudder at whatever is going to come after steven universe and undertale, they’ll be sending bombs in the mail and shit.
>>
Who knew fans of Mario RPGs were so elitist? How the fuck do you get elitist over baby's first JRPG?
>>
>>340161425
Ask competitive Pokemon players.
>>
>>340159775
I loved Sticker Star, it was different but still very enjoyable. If they make something different, you cry, if they make a copy / pasta of TTYD, you will also cry, no matter what they do, they're fucked.
>>
>>340159775
>It's a "Paper Mario fans are totally this unreasonable and super elitist. Except it's really just falsflagging hi/v/emind retards that feel the need to parrot themselves into the echo chamber" Episode.

Sticker star was bad, not for being an action platforming rpg, but forgetting the rpg part. Sticker star has great potential and just came short with the execution.

Paper mario has already shown it can be a great hybrid game in the form of super paper mario.

>MUH TOADS. MUH NO UNIQUE CHARACTERS.
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>340161634
Same. It could've been better, sure, but it was fun for what it was.
>>
>>340160081
DELETE THIS
>>
>>340161763
>Paper mario has already shown it can be a great hybrid game in the form of super paper mario.
This
Based anon
>>
>>340161425
RPG fans in general are fucking elitist , just look at any SMTfag.
>>
>>340161763
>Paper mario has already shown it can be a great hybrid game in the form of super paper mario.

Super Paper Mario is not that, it's RPG Mechanics are non-existent and it's platforming is terrible.

Only the story redeems that failure.
>>
i'm honestly glad Metroid doesn't have a RPG spinoff seeing how most RPG fans at.

everybody's so fucking split to each other
>>
File: 3b9.png (515 KB, 680x639) Image search: [Google]
3b9.png
515 KB, 680x639
>it's a "fandom/fanbase" discussion
>being part of one at all
>>
>>340162116
Metroid fans are in a similar position by being split between the 2D & 3D games though.
>>
>>340159775
It's a very hard battle between PMfags and Metroidfags.
Who are the most whiny, autistic and annoying fans? Decisions, decisions.
>>
>first game on PSP/3DS is somewhat shallow but solid and clearly had a lot of love over its three year dev time
>second game heavily improves combat and all mechanics but despite that love still being there was clearly rushed out the door in a year's time, framerate is total shit despite same graphics level even on the Vita version, dungeons are literally presented like a board game though at least they're better designed
>third game strips and dumbs down all the customization aspects, makes a genre jump to an RTS hybrid, strips RPG overworld entirely, game structure is super repetitive, framerate issues not solved at all, middle fingers fans who followed it on PSP/Vita
>third game was also presented as the start of a second saga in the series even with its tagline, but the series just ended there
>in Japan the first game had TWO updated re-releases in less than a year, second had one in less than a year
>in the three years it was active there were six releases and three were just updated re-releases
>this cannabalized game sales as everyone just expected an updated re-release, especially after the CEO said they wouldn't do one for the second because they knew it angered people with the first, but did do an updated port to 3DS anyways
>only the first game was localized and had no effort put into advertising so it sold like shit and there is no word on the sequel
>developer has pretty much completely forgotten about the series since the third one
>>
>>340161162
>charm
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>340162072
>If I follow the hi/v/emind enough, maybe I can become a part of it!!!
>SPM is the one that had a "good story" right? I should just keep parroting that while calling everything else shit, perfect!

It's painful to see this. It's painful to see how much /v/ has become a shitty echo chamber.

The rpg mechanics were just right for a hybrid. Killing enemies yields exp, that exp turns into levels, those levels turn into stat increases. Perfect.

The platforming was fine, and ultimately fun.
>>
>>340162295
Metroid discussion is pretty peaceful and not split with elitists outside /v/ tbqh
>>
>>340162116
Well maybe if SOMEONE didn't make a divide in the first place, we wouldn't be having this discussion
>>
>>340162426
Metroid discussion devolves into retarded horny 15 year Olds posting zero suit Samus and role playing with a faggot.

Nice try. Nothing can be discussed on /v/.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 584x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 584x409
>>340162420
>Have a similar gripe as everyone else
>"Y-you're just being a parrot! It's not like those arguments exist because they're actually there!"

Next you'll say I'm a parrot for thinking Melee is overrated.
>>
>>340162324
name one popular nintendo fanbase that not autistic and annoying
>>
>>340162420
>it's a common complaint, I'll dismiss it
So going by your horrendously biased logic and reasoning, Sticker Star is a flawless game.
>but forgetting the rpg part
I'm sorry, what was that? That sounded like something out of /v/'s shitty echo chamber. How about you come up with something original?
You're being a twat.
>>
>>340162570
>Metroid discussion devolves into retarded horny 15 year Olds posting zero suit Samus and role playing with a faggot.
i don't see any of this in /vr/'s, /m/'s, /co/'s, or hell even /8/v's Metroid discussion outside /v/

try harder, senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 600x693) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 600x693
Best Paper Mario character
>>
>>340162570
This.
>ZSS ecchi and hentai dumps
>Bitching between Super and Prime fans
>Bitching between Super and Fusion fans
>Circlejerking and crying about muh evil nintendo
They are terrible.
>>
>>340159775
>Is there a fanbase in all of video games that has it worse than us?

As a Paper Mario fan: there are plenty.

Now stop being a faggot.
>>
>>340162420
>The platforming was fine, and ultimately fun
The platforming was dull and areas were pretty bare. I feel like they should've removed Pixls and given each character more interesting abilities that were balanced around the locations and bosses to discourage "switch to peach-bomb-parasol"
>>
>>340159775
>WAAAH WAAAH I AM SO UNLUCKY!

Most of us had it worse, anons already listed dozens of other franchises gone to shit, grow up faggot.
>>
>>340163009
The fuck is peach bomb parasoul? Why would you not just use floaty and bowser?

Oh wait, almost like there was many different ways to play the game.

WOW... WOAH....... WOAH!
>>
>>340163234
>why not just use overpowered Pixl and-
See the problem?
>>
File: 331gnc2.jpg (9 KB, 330x275) Image search: [Google]
331gnc2.jpg
9 KB, 330x275
>>340159775
OP, I'm as pissed as any sperglord about Sticker Star & Color Splash since the first 2 games are my favorite games in general but don't be that faggot trying to compare fandoms by saying one has it worse than the next. All of them are going through shit & at the end of the day all fans are disappointed their favorite games aren't what they used to be. Move on or at the very least wait for the next game to confirm if the series is a lost cause.
>>
>>340163234
I mostly used Luigi and the hammer Pixl myself. Options are nice.

That's kind of the problem with SS, actually.
>>
>>340162420
>>340163234
>it's a NO CRITICISM faggot defends his favorite game that was in reality just okay gameplay-wise and it kind of contributed to Sticker Star thanks to feedback
>>
>>340160468
Megaman fans also have hundreds of games to play, not just two.
>>
File: pmwallpaper.png (1 MB, 1080x675) Image search: [Google]
pmwallpaper.png
1 MB, 1080x675
I'd put up with the pointless sticker battles if we got partners and cute stories back.
>>
>this 12 year old series with 4 (5) games with a spin-off appearance has it so much worse than 20+ year franchises that went to shit and got worse over a period of time longer than Paper Mario's existence
you're being silly
>>
>>340163430
My favorite game ever is Paper Mario The thousand year Door. I play it once every year, since it's release.

Stop being a fucking faggot. Super paper mario was fun. Sticker star had fantastic potential, but ultimately had too many flaws.

Color splash has the chance to fix the problems sticker star had. BUT NO. CAN'T HAVE ANY HOPE. LE STICKER STAR 2. XD MUH TOADS. PAPER MARIO IS DEEEAAADDDDDD.

It really makes me sad to know I share such a fan base with raving retards who would sooner proclaim a game dead on arrival before waiting to play it.

I didn't even like SPM at first, but it quickly grew on me when I stopped looking at it through my biased glasses.
>>
>>340160468
>That shitty mega man cartoon where he's a student with a secret identity and has a mini me was just announced 2 weeks ago.

While it does sound unappealing, Sonic Boom was a good cartoon surprisingly, or at the very least, tons better then the game.
>>
>>340162946
see >>340162797
>>
>>340163735
>Color splash has the chance to fix the problems sticker star had.
It won't though, the majority of people's problems with it are from the gameplay which from the trailers it seems it hasn't been fixed at all.
>>
File: 1456633488695.png (137 KB, 298x293) Image search: [Google]
1456633488695.png
137 KB, 298x293
>>340163608
I'd put up with no stories and no partners if we had fun gameplay with lots of customization and options and variety back.

>all the inputs for SS action commands are just "A"
>>
>>340162946
>>Circlejerking and crying about muh evil nintendo
>"Behead those that criticize Tanabe and Sakamoto faults in Metroid!"
kys nintendrone faggot
>>
>>340163735
>when I stopped looking at it through my biased glasses
>anyone who says the platforming was less than perfect is a shitposting hivemind
Yeah, no
You're not playing the victim with this shit
>>
>>340163735
>Super paper mario was fun
It's not the "perfect" mix of RPG mechanics and platforming you're making it out to be though.
Before you have a fit, I'm not calling it bad.
>>
>>340163860
The problem with ss gameplay is that there was none.

Once you got burnt out on battles, all you had to do was run because winning battles yielded zero benefits, ultimately making the game have very little gameplay.

If they can fix the idea of no exp/coins only, and they can fix boss fights being not tedious trash, then color splash has a very good chance of being a great game.
>>
>>340159775
Is paper mario the undertale of nintendo? They seem to share the exact same demographic of underaged tumblr children that are easily amused by wacky, two dimensional characters and very simple gameplay.

Very few of them seem to have experience with other RPGs or videogames in general in addition to this. Why is that /v/?
>>
File: PTSD.webm (2 MB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
PTSD.webm
2 MB, 624x352
>>340163735
>Color splash has the chance to fix the problems sticker star had BUT WACKY CAPS LOCK ALL THE NAYSAYERS ARE IDIOTS AND SILLY IT'S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
>>
So basically, OP is looking for
>series with O N E (1) game
>that was released 25 years ago
>that has a massive cult following that's still going strong to this day
>has had multiple cockteases since for a sequel
>but finally gets one announced and is worse than any game ever made prior
>a sequel so bad that literally every fan commits mass genocide in their city/town
>but still sells enough copies to warrant annual rehashing
>>
>>340164193
>Is paper mario the undertale of nintendo?
PM isn't a shitty Mother-like or an inferior Dragon Quest clone (Mother) so no.
>>
>>340164128
Adding EXP and better bosses won't be enough.

What made the first games do appealing to most people were the customization options and the partners. And I doubt they'll bring back either of those.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 353x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 353x439
>>340164193
>Is X the X of X?
>>
>>340164128
It would be nice if they transferred to more of a deck-based battle system with instead of every attack being consumable, and maybe a mana system with the paint mechanic that you have to plan and build your deck around. That would be really cool.

But I doubt they'll do that.
>>
>>340164313
>Paper Mario is only good with partners. Anything that isn't a carbon copy of the first two games is automatic trash.
I'm out.
>>
>>340159775
what the fuck is it with nintendo fans and complaining about literally every single game nintendo makes?

>wah wah metroid is shit
>wah wah make a proper 3d mario
>wah wah paper mario is shit
>wah wah smash doesnt have my favorite character

do you guys like ANYTHING?
>>
>>340164424
>Being a dumbfuck who doesn't understand how variables work.
>Is paper mario the paper mario of paper mario.

Go back to school, please.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 680x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 680x504
>>340164491
Who the hell are you quoting?
>>
>>340164563
Paper Mario is definitely the Paper Mario of Paper Mario.
>>
>>340164424
actually it's "is x the y of z"
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 800x800
>>340164563
>>340164681
That doesn't make the shitty meme any less shit.
>>
>>340164491
That's not what he said, but it's not surprising going by all the absolutely stupid assumptions you've made after SPM got even a hint of criticism.
>>
>>340164491
Why do people think that having aspects the older game has makes it a carbon copy? Just expand upon those things with new ideas like a real sequel should do. It's what TTYD did after all. For example the battle system gained stylish commands, super guarding, a crowed for the stage, bingo & partners now have HP in TTYD.
>>
>>340164562
The hilarious thing is that out there, people that doesn't even call themselves Nintendo fans, buy those games and actually enjoy them.
Then you have these Nintendo "fans" that go in forum and imageboards pretending their tastes are surpreme and cry Nintendo doesn't pander exclusively to them.

I legit read a post of a guy that said he only loved metroid and he didn't like all other Nintendo games. But he couldn't stop saying how Nintendo had to pander to them.
>>
File: 1428621542257.png (261 KB, 471x471) Image search: [Google]
1428621542257.png
261 KB, 471x471
>>340164773
I don't disagree, I'm just trying to be helpful.
>>
>>340164193
Paper Mario fans aren't mostly composed with faggots from starmen.net, so no.
>>
>>340164491
>a game can only be completely different or a rehash
>series already had a sequel with significant changes that didn't stray too far from the formula established in the first
Please do leave.
>>
>>340159775
Thief
Silent Hill
Ape Escape

>>340160468
They're the same as Metroid fans. They had years of great games that had eventually run its course.
>>
>>340162325
Gonna need a picture Anon
>>
>>340159775
Nobody has it worse than Sonic fans.

>3 good games
>followed by TWO ENTIRE DECADES of pure filth
>>
>>340165243
>same
>run its course
They got one bad game and then a spin-off.
They're being the babies.
>>
>>340165401
fuck you, Advance 1, Rush, and Sonic Battle is based
>>
>>340165479
>arguing with psuedo-classic purists
>>
>>340165423
Same deal with Mega Man, only legitimately bad games were X6 and X7. Everything else is fine.
>>
File: file.png (798 KB, 640x569) Image search: [Google]
file.png
798 KB, 640x569
>>340165332
Series is Little Battlers eXperience/Danball Senki
>>
>>340165423
>They got one bad game and then a spin-off.
Other M (bombed)
Prime Pinball

?
>>
>>340165636
This series has a game fandom now? I figured the only people that would care are fans of the anime.
The game seemed like a poor man's Custom Robo from the way it was presented in the little advertising it had, so I didn't think it would be a major success anyway.
>>
File: Sticker Star final boss.jpg (15 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
Sticker Star final boss.jpg
15 KB, 290x174
>>340164562
They're not fans. I've taken to calling these kinds of people 'Pretendos.' What they want is for Nintendo to do anything they aren't doing, and spend all of their free time bitching about them online instead of actually playing games they do make.

Someone like Shokio is a great example of this.

Paper Mario has just ended up replacing Star Fox as Nintendo's 'neglected' franchise. If they did make a new traditional Paper Mario game, these people will make up new reasons to hate it.
>>
>>340163735
Sticker Star's system was fundamentally broken. Unless they make some big changes, it's not going to fix shit.
>>
>>340166103
I've been trying to explain this for the longest time.

I think pretendos is the perfect word to describe them.
>>
>>340164491
>expanding upon the original and maintaining the features that made fans love the series in the first place is a carbon copy rehash

I'm out.
>>
File: 365px-Lambda_logo.svg.png (18 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
365px-Lambda_logo.svg.png
18 KB, 365x365
>>
>>340166103
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/SsEpZKqeaFjvddRkrBGKcA/

same image, same post pattern

why do you keep coming back?
>>
>>340164193
Mother is the Undertale of Nintendo, dumbass.
>>
>>340166103
Give it a rest, Pretautist.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/SsEpZKqeaFjvddRkrBGKcA/
>>
File: pretendos.png (84 KB, 1532x376) Image search: [Google]
pretendos.png
84 KB, 1532x376
>>340166103
Pretendo, I like it. Saved for truth and posterity.
>>
>>340166289
contradicting

Undertale is a Mother-like by an ex-Starman.net fag
>>
>>340166286
I'm assuming that guy is the same as this one.
>>
>>340166103
>>340166414
Did you really just screencap your own post?
>>
>>340165861
Not much of one in the west. But I love the first two games all the same. It doesn't really try to do the same thing as Custom Robo, it's more an ARPG, though the premise is similar.

The first game and its first re-release did great in Japan on PSP, but the fautigue from all the re-releases hampered sales for the second and the third plain flopped between expecting an updated version, the genre shift they barely detailed until weeks before actual release, and completely ignoring that the series started on PSP/Vita.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 599x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 599x563
>>340166286
>>340166386
He's not wrong though
>>
>>340166103
You're acting like anyone who dislikes the game(s) are a hivemind or some shit. It's sad but fans are simply not happy with Nintendo lately, accept it.
>>
File: hurr.png (104 KB, 1631x647) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
104 KB, 1631x647
>>340166519
Inb4 "photoshop"
>>
File: solo Color Splash shill.png (3 MB, 1368x4090) Image search: [Google]
solo Color Splash shill.png
3 MB, 1368x4090
>>340166471
well what do you know

i ain't crazy after all.
>>
>>340166286
>>340166386
>three months of getting shut down within seconds
That's kind of depressing.
>>
oh boy, i bet this faggot posts the Mario Party 10 image as well
>>
File: JcRP1Oc.png (239 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
JcRP1Oc.png
239 KB, 600x337
>>340166286
>the one where he pretends he just beat Sticker Star
>no replies
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/%22I%20love%20going%20on%20message%20boards%20and%20complaining%20about%20games%20I%27ve%20never%20played%21.jpg/image/E8IPTCesu7ryFdJJ_53x7w/

wew lad, here's more of this fag's autism
>>
File: earthwormjim.jpg (213 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
earthwormjim.jpg
213 KB, 1024x768
>>340159775
>>
File: 1459820446806.gif (3 MB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
1459820446806.gif
3 MB, 353x234
>>340166103
>Anyone that doesn't blindly eat whatever Nintendo shits out isn't a true fan
>>
>>340159775
Metroid. All they're getting is some chibishit shovelware after the shitshow that was Other M
>>
>>340166519
Man, the paranoia of you guys reached dangerous levels.
Remember people, everyone on /v/ is one person and he is a shill.
>>
>>340166103
>there is now a video game equivalent of calling people RINOs/CINOs for not being as crazy as you
>>
File: Krillin21.PNG.png (122 KB, 404x405) Image search: [Google]
Krillin21.PNG.png
122 KB, 404x405
What's the point of this thread?
All I see is faggots saying that the fanbase that hit its autism is the worst one

So far, Final Fantasy fanbase is one of the worst fanbase for many,many reasons
PMfags are just annoying sad people but aren't worse than FFfags

Then there are Ace Attorney, Sonic, Miencraft and FNAF
>>
>>340166103
>Shokio is a Project M smasher from Dallas who uses Zero Suit Samus and Olimar.
>Smashnigger
>Project Memer
>ZeroSuitfag
>a fuckin' texan
LOL
>>
>>340167729
fanbases in general are just a bad thing. anything that encourages groupthink and creates an echo chamber should not be encouraged. like whatever you like, but temper your preferences with objective thought. never drink the kool-aid, never get on the bus, just stay the fuck away from fandoms entirely.
>>
>>340163735
I won't say that Color Splash is automatically doomed to be 100% terrible, but let's be real here. The original core Paper Mario development team is long gone. The new Paper Mario team's led by people with no ties to the original games. Even if the new team improves on Sticker Star's problems, there's no way they're going to suddenly start making stuff on the level of the original team's work. The standpoint that there's no going back for Paper Mario is based in fact, not just empty panic.
>>
>>340166679
If you actually take the time to follow individuals on social media that actually has an account system, like a video game forum or YouTube, then yes. You will start to notice that there are common trends among these people.

I would very much describe their obsession with Nintendo as being similar to cult like behavior.
>>
>>340167669
stay in your E3 hugbox thread, nintendrone
>>
File: 1464985241949.png (79 KB, 254x174) Image search: [Google]
1464985241949.png
79 KB, 254x174
TTYD was absolute shit. Even worse than SS, which at least had interesting gameplay.
>>
>>340167979
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/338349970/#338349970
made me giggle
>>
File: m.jpg (64 KB, 390x381) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
64 KB, 390x381
>>340166103
>listening to competitive Smashfags
>>
>>340168076
>TTYD was absolute shit.
Why?
>>
>>340168076
I disagree, but why do you say that?
>>
>>340167979
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/de0OuKyrmBulu1FQT2okBg/

autism
>>
>>340168081
>https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/338349970/#338349970

The fact that people are willing to pull stunts like this more than demonstrates just how obsessed they are.

By the way, you faggot, the interesting bit about the pic is the number of comments you see on the side. The article talking about (Completely untrue) NX information got considerably more feedback and interest than the actual gameplay video... which never got any comments at all.
>>
File: 1464854499033.gif (486 KB, 353x117) Image search: [Google]
1464854499033.gif
486 KB, 353x117
>>340168176
>>340168225
I'm a buttblasted SPM fan who wants to show how subjective opinions can be wrong
>>
>>340167979
I don't really get your persona. Is it supposed to be a parody of hypocritical fans or am I misinterpreting?
>>
File: Emily Rogers Paper Mario U.png (66 KB, 544x217) Image search: [Google]
Emily Rogers Paper Mario U.png
66 KB, 544x217
>>
File: 14662367788545.png (2 MB, 1498x3344) Image search: [Google]
14662367788545.png
2 MB, 1498x3344
>>340168639
>this game would become the new standard for future Paper Mario
>>
>2

1. TTYD was as bad as SPM.
>>
File: twit.png (941 KB, 1437x968) Image search: [Google]
twit.png
941 KB, 1437x968
>>340168639
>people still bring up Emily Rogers as a reliable insider
how sad
>>
>>340168779
Yes, it was very obvious that Nintendo would make a sequel to Sticker Star, in hindsight. The game did reasonably well, and despite the complaints from fans had a solid battle system and great mechanics.

I really hope Color Splash wins more people over. Sticker Star really doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
>>
I just want another Paper Mario that's an RPG, not an X with RPG elements. I don't think that's being unreasonable.
>>
File: 1381456240856.jpg (84 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1381456240856.jpg
84 KB, 368x368
>>340169087
Same here, I'm willing to take one of those Kickstarter rip-offs at this point even.
>>
File: 1462291119224.jpg (6 KB, 232x145) Image search: [Google]
1462291119224.jpg
6 KB, 232x145
>>340160714
except they don't, because none of those franchises have the undying certainty that the rest of the games from it from now on will be sucked dry of any imagination or gameplay. That's not even a /v/ type of exaggeration, either. That's literally what happened.
>b-b-but those series have that t-too!
go play TTYD, or even SPM, then play SS and watch CS's trailer, and think again.
>>
>>340160706
not making games anymore =/= making games that are literal insults to not just the fans, but anyone who plays them.
>>
>>340169274
conker and sonic still apply
>>
>>340159775
Megaman legends
>>
>>340168935
>I really hope Color Splash wins more people over.
enjoy being the only 20k WiiU people that bought it

SS still has the worse attach rate in the series, despite the 2m
>>
>>340161065
>M&L has shit gameplay
nope. kill YOURself. Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>340160081
Why did you tell him to kill himself? What's wrong with you?
>>
>>340161634
>if you make a copy of TTYD, you will also cry
except we got 64 and TTYD and we loved them both. You obviously must be new.
>>
File: 1464901770593.png (364 KB, 797x827) Image search: [Google]
1464901770593.png
364 KB, 797x827
I like how the self-proclaimed memer is just lurking, replying to old posts when the thread sinks in the catalog.
>>
>>340169175
What part of a series becoming mobile or completely dead doesn't reach that level
>>
>>340169348
you're right on Conker

however:
Lost World isn't a insult other than being another mediocre sonic title (inb4 b-but patches/DLC made it decent!)
Rise of Lyric were by BRB, not Sonic Team
>>
File: 1459109570830.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459109570830.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>340162972
sure thing, but not until you stop falseflagging.
>>
>>340163627
except I'm willing to bet those series just got more casual over the years, while the Paper Mario series go brutally murdered.
>>
>>340169975
>>340170198
>no new IPs
op how bored are you
>>
>>340164270
based webm showing the truth. All retards btfo
>>
>>340170242
you'll call him a proxy abusing cuck if he switched IPs intend

stop being insecure and let the thread die off on it own
>>
>>340171097
>him
>he
come on quit playing pretend
>let the thread die off on it own
but I thought you wanted to talk more about how paper mario fans are so mistreated
>>
>>340169975
I'm a Paper Mario fan. I think the series is being treated pretty badly and that fans have every right to complain, but acting like Paper Mario fans have it the worst of any fanbase out there is kind of silly and overly self-pitying. Is there a problem with that?
>>
>>340159775
You mean 3 games. SPM was a good game but the first of many betrayals
>>
>>340171231
>still being insecure
funny this thread was at page 8 after i've posted my post w/ sage attached. (unless you're a fag that think it's myth, you've should done the same.)

i could care less about this thread, only came to see if there's going to be stupid shitfling about muh ebil Metroid fanbase again. (which i've already fended off)
>>
>>340160468
There are an extraordinary number of Mega man games too play that are great to good though.
>>
>>340171816
>i could care less about this thread
Couldn't.
>>
>>340171435
this is a reasonable post. What about the people who enjoyed Sticker Star and are therefore looking forward to Color Splash though, are they real fans or not?
>>
>>340171816
>implying you didn't come back after seeing you got a reply
>>
>>340171887
>>340171985
anons pls
>>
>>340166252
the fact that no-one responded to this shows that the half life fanbase really are a bunch of cucks
>>
>>340172173
they gave up

meanwhile people are miraculously still gripping on F-Zero after 12 years no new game
>>
File: 1461224512157.gif (2 MB, 317x229) Image search: [Google]
1461224512157.gif
2 MB, 317x229
>make new mechanics
>IT'S SHIT, I WANTED THE SAME GAME
>make the same game with new levels
>REHASH
Pretendos, every single tme
>>
>>340173931
>x is one person
>>
>>340174113
/v/ is tho
>>
File: 1346857181017.gif (436 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
1346857181017.gif
436 KB, 500x338
There are plenty, OP:

Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Solid
Mega Man
Castlevania
F-Zero
Star Fox
Advance Wars
Metroid

There's no denying that Paper Mario got fucked over hard, though.
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.