[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it that causes these kinds of games to die? I know it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: dead.png (873 KB, 1168x304) Image search: [Google]
dead.png
873 KB, 1168x304
What is it that causes these kinds of games to die?

I know it's not multiplayer only since games like Rainbow Six Seige are still going strong but these games are dead as fuck.

Thoughts?
>>
Because those are just boring
>>
Titanfall is active
>>
Probably being bad, I'd say.
>>
>>340142095
Titanfall was bad/boring, Evolve was a scheme to sell DLC, and Battleborn was just ppor timing considering Overwatch, Paragon, Lawmakers, Dirty Bomb, and a bunch of other similar games just came out/are in the works.
>>
>>340143152
I meant lawbreakers.
>>
>>340143152
Don't forget marketing. The biggest nail in stillborn's coffin.
>>
>>340142095
Evolve had balance problems which killed off the playerbase. It's also centered around asymmetrical gameplay which makes people super fucking salty for some reason.
>>
Battleborn was just suicidal
>>
That which "causes" these ""games"" to """"die""" is the fact that they rely on their fanbases for content.

This is why I will never, EVER "play" any of these tepid online ""games"". My joy is not to be determined by some fat neckbeard loser running a toaster in Poland or underage fagboy who hasn't even graduated yet.
>>
>>340142095
> Evolve
> so much content was behind pay walls even normies told them to fuck off
> titan fall
> Xbox one nuff said
> Battle Born

This one was on unfortunate, just came out at wrong time. Wasn't really anybody's fault. I still hate gearbox on principal.
>>
File: x.jpg (254 KB, 1764x984) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
254 KB, 1764x984
>>340143152
>>340143278
>>340143340

What about Paladins then? That's like a shitty version of Battleborn. What was Hi-Rez thinking?
>>
Shallow, lack of content, poor polish.

R6 Siege gets by because its core gameplay allows for a large amount of variety in terms of strategy. Every match feels different.

I liked Titanfall, but its unlock system was incredibly limited and it was basically the same old CoD gameplay with some new gimmicks.
>>
>>340143325
Some people just can't bring psychologically cope with any sort of disadvantage. Even when that disadvantage is explicitly part of the game design.

On that note do you know of any other good four versus one games?
>>
>>340143603
>What was Hi-Rez thinking?
Nothing at all.
>>
>>340143801
>On that note do you know of any other good four versus one games?

That one newest meme flavor of the month game on /v/.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 512x288
>>340143845
blizzard stop acting like it was intentional and just patch bastion already.
>>
>>340144113
But I mean Dead by Daylight.
>>
>>340143603
Hi Rez exists to make knockoffs of successful games now. They fucked Tribes with a large mallet, then made a moba (which I actually really enjoy, unfortunately) and now they're moving into this new shooter-moba-hybrid phase of gaming.

Yes, I do know Overwatch has very few Moba elements.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 513x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 513x287
>>340144145
Okay I'll check it out thank you.

Fable legends despite everything Seems like an Interesting concept as well (yes I'm just going by extra credits paid shrilling for it) reminded me a lot of a good old-fashioned pen and paper dungeon crawl.
>>
>>340144465
>Fable legends

That was cancelled.
>>
>>340144113
bastion isn't the broken one here, anon. it's widowmaker with her fire rate and mccree with his existence. maybe the widowmaker one is more of a personal gripe but still. t b h bastion is a bit underpowered versus a competent team or even just one or two competent players.
>>
>>340144113
>Bastion
>OP

Found the guy who is shit at the game
>>
>>340144496
Yeah found out after trying the beta :(

I wonder if it would've gone down better if they didn't try to graph the fable license to it?
>>
>>340144532
>>340144734
>Versus a competent team or even one of two competent players.

Guy it's overwatch. Anything 'balance for skill' is just cheese out of the box.
>>
>>340142095
Titanfall died because EA had it on Origin.

I guarantee you it'd be thriving pretty well even now if you could buy and play it through other means. On PC anyways.
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 700x926) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 700x926
>>340145128
How's the 360 community for it? I was gonna pick it up at the still a player base.
>>
>>340144354
I refused to support anything Hi-Rez did when they let Tribes die to make a fucking MOBA game.

At this point any game they suffer a failure with I feel they wholeheartedly deserve. They had a good thing and got stupid greedy and arrogant.
>>
File: Stillborn.png (179 KB, 749x535) Image search: [Google]
Stillborn.png
179 KB, 749x535
This is just sad
>>
>>340145213
I wouldn't even know. I had it on PC.

I think the only reason I haven't bothered going back to it is because I don't have enough space on my HDD and because I'm too slow for it now. Still eager to see what Titanfall 2 will look like, And honestly, good on EA for not killing it off since it didn't sell gangbusters on PC. Maybe someone over there got their heads out their asses and realizes the PC gaming crowd hates their guts and not to base support for it on them.
>>
>>340145274
holy fuck

Not even Evolve died this quickly.
>>
>>340143152
Titanfall wasn't bad at all, it just needed more maps and better unlocks to work towards. They also never should have split the matchmaking up by DLC, that's the thing that killed the game. Giving everyone the season pass for free brought it back to life for a bit, but it was too late by then.
>>
>>340145274
The game's just that bad, get over it, migrate to OW or if you want something similar, look for a base vs base fps game that doesn't suck as much.
>>
>>340145530
meh.. Battleborn was just a game ahead of its time.
>>
>>340145615
No it wasn't.
>>
>>340145871
Name a single FPS Moba with great humor.
>>
>>340145913
There are none, no stillborn doesn't even approach the qualifier great or the word humor.
>>
>>340146102
You're horizons weren't broad enough to handle what the game was trying to convey.
>>
>>340145913
The humor is anywhere between 3/10 to 7/10, not really what I'd call "great" imo. They try to force it "too much" imo, I like much subtler humor, where there's actually opportunity to "roast", but if it's constant yelling "hehehe you suck dick hehehe faggot hehehe" type of humor, there will never be a punchline that hits home.
>>
>>340146154
Great post, really sold your point and serves as a counter argument.
>>
>>340146162
They never use the word faggot. You clearly haven't played the game since you would have caught onto the many progressive ideals it tries to bring to a mainstream audience. The world just isn't ready for them yet and are stuck conforming to the ways they have for centuries.
>>
>>340146303
Thank you. Here I thought people on /v/ couldn't admit when they made mistakes.
>>
>>340142095
Besides being a great game Titanfall doens't have much content and stuff to do ingame. Few titan chasis, guns, no customization at-all and most of the maps sucks.
>>
>>340145213
In xOne there's always 900-2k active players worldwide, 500 in my region.
>>
File: BB sux.png (24 KB, 241x108) Image search: [Google]
BB sux.png
24 KB, 241x108
>>340146329
>They never use the word faggot.
I was trying to make a point, not being literal

>They never use the word faggot.
No of course not.. image and this http://pastebin.com/zhgK2Jws prove otherwise though

>since you would have caught onto the many progressive ideals it tries to bring to a mainstream audience
wtf?

>The world just isn't ready for them yet and are stuck conforming to the ways they have for centuries.
You're probably trolling, but there genuinely are people who believe this sort of stuff on the BB community, which is exact reason I had to stop playing it.
>>
>>340147183
>You're probably trolling

Was it really that blatant?

I'm just reading the official community hub and regurgitating what's on there back to you.
>>
>>340142095
Titanfall and Evolve have hardly any content in the base games, Battleborn just looks boring plus there's like 3 or 4 other recent games that look like they do what Battleborn does but better.
>>
>>340145530
But anon I didn't buy the game and I already bought Overwatch
>>
would you call atlas reactor a moba?
>>
>>340145128
>Titanfall died because EA had it on Origin.
This is actually the reason I stopped playing it. I don't know why, but I never seem to put many hours into my Origin games. It's not even a hassle opening Origin, but it somehow still feels like a drag.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.