[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems like a lot of us have lost faith in Nintendo over the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 003golemattaque.gif (174 KB, 240x131) Image search: [Google]
003golemattaque.gif
174 KB, 240x131
It seems like a lot of us have lost faith in Nintendo over the past year or so. What would it take for them to win you back?
I personally think a good start would be to remove the region locking and improve their localisation process. It's a small step, but it's one that would show that they're willing to stop treating their audiences like children. The next step would be to somehow increase their volume of exclusive games.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>340139059
Make a modern console that can compete graphically with their rivals for one. The Wii was a cute idea but two gens in a row is too much. Gimmicks don't work if you don't at least have a solid base to launch them off of.

Also buy Castlevania from Konami and Mega Man from Capcom.
>>
>>340139059
They should stop pretending that the people who buy and play their product are aged 10 below.
>>
>>340139059
All they need to do is release some fucking games, jesus fucking Christ

Not another pokeman's
Not another fucking Mario x whatever

VIDEOGAMES

JUST FUCKING SOMETHING WITHOUT GIMMICKS! A NEW ZELDA! STAR FOX THAT ISNT TRASH! SOMETHING NEW EVEN! JUST STOP GIVING US THE SAME WARM SHIT OVER AND OVER WITH BADLY DESIGNED GIMMICKS ON TOP AHHH
>>
Actually getting worthwhile games on the home consoles.
>>
>>340140490
>Also buy Castlevania from Konami and Mega Man from Capcom.

Fuck. Off.
>>
Honestly they need to do either a Super Smash Party or Super Smash RPG. Smash bros is money in the bank and I think taking all of the Nintendo mascots and throwing them together in another genre would yield similar results, especially if they don't need to be balanced like a fighting game and can therefore throw in as many stupid characters as they'd like.
>>
>>340140854
Not him but why not? Fucking Konami is wasting those IPs to pachinko machines.
>>
>>340139059

a powerful home console is the only thing that would convince me at this point, as it would show me most that Nintendo is ditching whatever strategy they have been going for lately.
>>
>>340141004

Castleviania is too mature for Nintendo to buy.
>>
>>340141004

They can't even do their own consoles right.
>>
>>340141145
>>340141181
What would be a good company to buy the Castlevania license?
>>
Odd that they recycled every set of rondo sprites but that one.
>>
>>340141283

Golem also appeared in Portain to Ruin.
>>
>>340141274
>Sting
>Sega/Atlus
>Tamsoft
>Inti Creates
>>
>>340141145
>Castlevania
>too mature
>multiple handhelds release
>forgetting about Bayonetta 2
>>
>>340141378
Shit, forgot about that.
>>
>>340141491

What does a game developed by Konami put in a Nintendo handheld have to do with anything?

We're talking about if Nintendo owned the IP. Created a Castlevania game themselves. It would be shit.
>>
>>340141491

Still not convinced.
I'd rather Konami just sit on to the franchise than risk it with Nintendo.
>>
>>340141641
Again, you forgot about Bayo 2.
Plus the fact they have multiple mature rated games.

>>340141714
>>340141641
Yall bunch of sour faggots that depend on Konami too damn much.
>>
>>340140490
>Also buy Castlevania
Um you do realize Nintendo hates Metroidvanias, right? Look at how they neglect Metroid. The series doesn't sell, so they don't care.
>>
>>340141746

And you're a manchild who thinks Nintendo can do no wrong.
>>
File: shinoa smug real.jpg (28 KB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
shinoa smug real.jpg
28 KB, 700x392
>>340141274
Artplay
>>
>>340139059
Nintendo sucks. Shut up, faggot.
>>
>>340141802
I never said anything about Nintendo doing right.

Like >>340141784 Pointed out, Nintendo has been keep shit down due to how shitty Other M was and show casing that stupid ass Federation Force that no one on /v/ wanted because we all wanted a Star Wars Republic Commando but in the Metroid setting.

How about eat shit and go play some pachinko.
>>
>>340139059
Nintendo is like Apple.

They can basically do whatever the fuck they want and their drones will still buy whatever they decide to shit out.

Wii-U very well may be the last Nintendo console I buy. Nintendo obviously doesn't recognize me as the target market anymore so theres no reason to continue to support them.

Games like Skyward Sword that insult my intelligence and hold my hand are not what I want to play, and I couldn't give less of a fuck about smash bros and super mario world 7.2.
>>
>>340141975
>go play some pachinko.

I will!
At least they don't have bullshit gimmick controls like Star Fox Zero. HAHA!
>>
No more gimmicks like motion control, just a controller. A console with decent specs. Actually give a crap about their IPs and put effort into creating new stories.
>>
>>340140873
I'm just confused as to why they haven't done a Disney Infinity clone, it'd give Amiibo a purpose
>>
>>340139059
I lost faith in them when the playstation came out, or rather when ff7 was ported over and released on the playstation.

a mario game every now and then would be nice, but I liked the nes and snes for it's 3rd party games.
>>
>>340144086
>had a nes/snes instead of the superior SEGA consoles
Everyone makes mistakes.
>>
>>340139059
If we're talking complete longshots then doing some stupid PC virtual console for their next gen would probably be it.
I would think that they at least hypothetically have the exclusives and fanbase to push for their own distribution platform with existing scalable physical architecture without going obsolete in the process.
It'd never work out though.
>>
>>340144516
You're right it would never work.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.