[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one do I avoid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (612 KB, 2510x1079) Image search: [Google]
file.png
612 KB, 2510x1079
Which one do I avoid?
>>
Play each one, see which one you like.
>>
Avoid japanese games in general and you will be A-Okay.
>>
>>340134493
Play all and form your opinion.
Don't be that guy.
>>
Are 4 and 6 considered the best classic FF games?
>>
File: ffxiiigarbage.png (115 KB, 289x284) Image search: [Google]
ffxiiigarbage.png
115 KB, 289x284
>>340134493
XIII
>>
>>340136635
13 got me into the series. It's not my favourite but I still kinda dig it.

Don't skip games, OP. You might miss out on stuff you could like.
>>
MMO's they're not real Final Fantasy games
>>
ff4 is in my opinion not that fun due to the low amount of customization, the overly long story, and the deceptively boring battle system
>>
>>340134493
all of them

>>340137620
this applies to all ff games
>>
>>340137798
Quality shitpost.
>>
II. FFII borders on being unplayable and is an abhorrent, wretched piece of garbage.

As much as I hate IX, XII, and XIII, those games are at least functional.
>>
>>340134493
i always say shit like avoid 13 at all cost but i have met people that genuinely liked it, so just play all of them i guess
>>
>>340134493
Play all the spinoffs
>>
They are all good for different reasons except 13. 11 is also safe to skip since the community is dead.
>>
>>340134493
fuck X2, shits like a fuckin fuck
>>
>>340139254
Half your sentence is just swears. What are you even talking about?
>>
>>340138202
FFII is not that bad if you spend an hour punching yourself in the face.
>>
>>340134493
Skip XI and XIV if you don't like MMOs, play everything else in whatever order you want and please, try to not be an asshole until you finish the games
>>
>>340134493
from X, especially X, and all above
>>
>>340139632
>skip XI and XIV if you don't like MMOs
but what about XII?
>>
>>340139846
XII is not an MMO, it feels different from the rest but still you need to check it out and, sorry, I forgot, for XII play the IZJS version, is a lot better than the vanilla version, I played it on my softmodded PS2 but I think you can emulate it easily.

Check it out the different versions of each FF game.
>>
The first four have pretty bland story lines.
>>
>>340137280
gay you didnt start with snes or playstation final fantasies
>>
Play 7 then 10, or 10 then 7 because these games happen in the same universe.
>>
>>340134493
Avoid Final Fantasy 4, 7, 6, 9, 10.

Play 2, 13, 8
>>
>>340142481
I see what you did there
>>
>>340142481
7 was legit the first time final fantasy turned 3d
thats like dissing mario 64 because it turned into 3d. When that shit came out it was a eye opener to the first people who played it
>>
File: 10102101g70_1.jpg (375 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
10102101g70_1.jpg
375 KB, 1024x768
>>340142686
It's a joke.
Switch Avoid => Play
to get the true ending.
>>
>>340134493
If you want to see what the older ff was about play the originals nes and snes
if you want to skip that but still curious, play 9.
Want to start where many have? play 7
if you are a teenager with antisocial problems and think highschool life is soooo interesting play 8.
If you want something similar to start as but with more japanese go 12.
If you want highschool drama with little exploration and straight to story go 10.
If you want barely any exploration and go straight to a horribly told story with very unlikable characters, go 13.
If you want old school with good story go 4 5 6 and maybe 3.
If you want to be original then go 1.
If you want control of classes and good story and strategic game play, go Tactics. You should try them all though to make your own assesment.
>>
>>340143207
>start as
I ment star wars
>>
Why is FF12 seem to be the most overlooked in the series?

Is it any good?
>>
>>340143402
original trilogy is the shit.
>>
2 8 12 and 13
>>
Skip 1-2-3. They are all outdated game designs. 2 is by far the worst in the series.

4-5-9 doesn't have futuristic elements in it. fantasy setting

6-7-8-10-12 have technology and futuristic themes in theme along with fantasy. They are all designed different and toned differently so you may like or hate some of the entries.

13 is the second worst one because everything it has going is horrible. Game design, story, characters. Even the soundtrack is supbar.

>>340143571
Mustards may say OH GOD HAVE YOU PLAYED IJZS? ITS THE BEST THING EVER.

I played the vanilla game on release, Vanilla FF 12.
>The game was designed to be every other characters story, but Vaan's, the lady boy who was thrown at the game very last second.
>Characterization was little to non-existant.
>Last Boss was an almost ass pull like FF9.
>Game literally played itself
>Given how greatly character and story driven FF games are this one only has one bareback story that people wouldn't even consider as one

It was the MGSV of the FF series.
>>
>>340143790
yeah it goes off that
>>
>>340143571
>>340144087
FF12 plays itself if you set it up to do so with the gambit system. You still have to set up the gambit system.

As if 99.99% of what you do in all FF games isn't spamming the same spell/attack over and over by mashing X or Circle.

Also, it has customizable characters almost to a fault with the license system. Want to make the "I'm-obviously-a-mage" girl into your tank? You can. All that really changes in the international version is that this is limited, which is... Meh.

The story is pretty bad though. Which is a shame because Ivalice is a really cool world that should have been dealt with better.
>>
Avoid FFXII, that way you won't think the series is any good.
>>
Play them in order to develop a taste of your own.

I will at least say, you'll not get far in FF13 without iron concentration due to the sheer boredom
>>
>>340145191

He won't get that idea if he plays it either.
>>
>>340144707

Actually IZJS fixes the play itself while using the game system(ADB was it?) with balances.

On the other hand Vanilla was unplayable without game playing itself in a balance point when it was clearly unbalanced to take turns (it was ineffective as fuck). The game just wasn't designed that well back in the day, without the upgrades we'd receive in the IZJS version.
>>
>>340134493
Any released after the 90's, save 12.
>>
Play one hour of FF1, get sick of it.
Play one hour of FF5 (or was it FF6?), it's okay.
Play FF7 and oh wait. Just like smoking, you have to start young to really get hooked. No, no, this series is not for you.
Play Final Fantasy Tictacs. Hey this is sort of fun.
Then play some Kingdom Hearts, sober is optional.
>>
Is the story in Final Fantasy II atleast slightly interesting? I've never played it because the combat is supposedly horrendous, but I could just cheese through it with some cheats or something if the story or characters were slightly interesting.
>>
If you want a taste of classic FF that is still a bit more modern check out Final Fantasy IX.

If you're ok with older games/SNES n shit that go straight to Final Fantasy VI.
>>
XIV
>>
>>340145842
The story is more interesting than 1 but nothing special
>>
They're almost all worth playing. XIII and its sequels are the only ones I'd really say are worth skipping. FFII isn't that great, either, but it has some good moments and some versions of it are totally fine. It's worth playing because the Emperor is the biggest fucking badass ever. X-2 is another one I'm not sure of, because I never played it. I heard the story is hot garbage but the combat system is the best turn-based system ever made, so make of that what you will.

>>340145842
It's sort of like Star Wars, really. Not like how the meme about XII says it is, but actually legit like Medieval Star Wars. It's still fine, and has a lot of neat moments.
>>
Play them all
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.