[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's over /v/, I am only 22 and I can't play video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1376970038625.png (74 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1376970038625.png
74 KB, 1280x1024
It's over /v/, I am only 22 and I can't play video games for more than half hour that my arms fucking hurt so much. I suffer from tendinitis, overusing my hands so much after playing vidya basically all day for years of my life and when I am not playing I am typing something on the keyboard.

My soul is crushed right now all I ever wanted was to keep playing video games I already went to a doc and he told me I can't spend more than two hours a day but it's worse I can't play for more than half hour that my arms start burning in pain I am so fucking sad right now how the fuck I am going to deal with this

Fuck all of you who don't suffer from tendinitis and complain about life, you are all happy but not aware of the joys of being able to play vidya without pain.
>>
>>340132183
M2k is that you?
>>
>>340132183
tl;dr version
>it's over /v/. I'm a giant fucking pussy
>>
mine just prevents me from doing curls
>>
>>340132183
Do your stretches, eat healthier, and take anti inflammatory pills you fat fuck. I'm 31 and still play fighters with no issue. You shoulda took better care of yourself son.
>>
>>340132278
Jason is like 27 now.
>>
>>340132564
Teach me your ways senpai

I already went under treatment two months ago, took inflammatory pills but the pain is back after spending a few days playing vidya and now it wont go away... I even stopped doing anything just for the sake of resting my arms and hands for a day, started going my stretches but the pain won't go away. Now I have to go back to doc and spend hundred of shekels for this fucking shit again.
>>
>>340132183
>>
>>340132649
>27 years old
>still playing smash baby bros
>>
>>340132183
>wah wah not everyone has it shitty like me

next you are gonna tell me I should be grateful for not being a starving african child, fuck off
>>
File: tinnitus.png (383 KB, 625x480) Image search: [Google]
tinnitus.png
383 KB, 625x480
Well if you give up on vidya there's always music to get into. Make sure to take care of your ears though, tinnitus is fucking terrible.
>>
>It's over
>I can't
>I suffer
>I am going to going to deal with this
Such a defeatist attitude. You don't deserve to enjoy your hobby if you're not willing to adjust your lifestyle to accommodate it.

Stop playing the victim, pussy.
>>
I suffer from tendonitis in both forearms and elbows.
DO FUCKING YOGA.
Find some light weight high repitition workout you can do. Doing figure 8's with a hammer. Spinning a staff or something for fun.
Basically my tendonitis didnt start getting better until I started getting stronger.
GET STRONGER and stretch the fuck out dude.
Ice helps if it is swollen. Ibuprofen is your new best friend.
DO YOGA.
>>
>>340134672
So, time to lift?
That means less time for vidya though.
>>
Wanna get cured? It takes 3 or 4 weeks to fully heal. That means anytime you feel pain you are almost a month away from healing it. I successfully healed both wrists of my tendonitis with light weight high rep workouts and some fancy stretches. Basically, work em out, stretch em out.
Take Glucosamine. Pain goes away much MUCH faster with 2 glucosamine tablets a day.

It's hard to get healed but it can be done. It will require changes to your lifestyle but if you aren't a bitch you can do it.
DO YOGA
>>
>>340134916
Continued

Healing my left wrist while still using it at work was a bitch. I took it super easy at home. Kept it stretched out and did a light workout on my wrists every other day. Lot's of ibuprofen.
Stretching them out in the shower is awesome secret tech. Put your wrist under the hot spray and give it a light stretch, will feel awesome if done right. Again, it takes weeks to heal, you have to get it to the point where it doesn't feel tight or sore and keep it there while working out every few days. Making your muscles and tendon's stronger is the best thing you can do. Yes they will be a bit more sore after a workout but you will notice the pain will go away far faster once you are stronger.
>>
One more thing, the longer you have it the more scar tissue you will have built up. Eventually you will need a massage or something to get rid of the scar tissue or the tendonitis will become chronic.
>>
>eyes starting to go to shit
>everything is getting blurry now more frequently

I'm scared
>>
>>340135231
>Eventually you will need a massage or something to get rid of the scar tissue
Foam rollers are good for this. Wont work on larger tendons though.
>>
File: worry.jpg (3 KB, 100x126) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
3 KB, 100x126
>>340135231
>or the tendonitis will become chronic.
Better work out or I am fucked.
>>
EVEN IN YOUR BAWW THREADS

F
O
E
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.