[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just completed this for the first time last night. All the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 564986.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
564986.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
I just completed this for the first time last night. All the main ops that is.

Even though it is marred with significant pacing issues and an overabundance of inconsequential filler content, it's an amazing game. I don't think stealth gameplay has ever been more refined, and yes I've played Thief.

Story overall was good. The plot wasn't as mind-blowing as 1 or 2, but I appreciated its more subtle approach and I have to say, MGSV does have the best cutscenes in the series. The presentation and direction in all of them are top notch, they had me glued to the screen to see what would happen next.

I also don't mind having Snake speaking a lot less. It's a different character with some fucked up mental trauma, and you could tell a lot based simply on his facial expressions. When he speaks it always grabs my attention because of how rare it is, as it shines some light on the impenetrable Venom Snake.

Overall, I feel it's a great game and I'm pretty sure down the line it will still be considered a great game. /v/ was just salty on release because their pipe dreams didn't come true. How do you guys feel about it now?
>>
File: Kijima upskirt.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kijima upskirt.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
its a great game
kojima put a lot of hard work into it
>>
File: aiCRNoM.jpg (333 KB, 600x856) Image search: [Google]
aiCRNoM.jpg
333 KB, 600x856
It's always been a great game in my book, but its especially disappointing because of that. I mean, it's feature-rich, gameplay is solid and nuanced, engine is great, production values are great. If they had the time to flesh out the campaign/storyline/characters it would be near perfect in my book; painful missed opportunity.

Not saying Kojima is blameless, but after seeing the ads for Konami's MGS3 Pachinko machines, you know they completely stopped giving a fuck about the IP.
>>
>>340129860
I agree with you for the most part but I'm not huge on the cutscenes. Yea the visuals/assets were great and a few shots really stoodout, but I feel Kojima got too obsessed with doing every cutscene in a one-shot, which kinda falls short in depicting the more grandiose scenes, and gets really old over several hours of footage.
>>
>>340129860
>refined
If by "refined" you mean "molested by significant balancing issues." The game has a nice sense of fluidity in player animations though.
>I appreciated its more subtle approach
>MGSV
>subtle
It's every bit as heavy-handed as the rest. It just relegates most of the details to tapes. Most of the cut scenes are decent though, save for the groan-inducing hackneyed mirror imagery of the big reveal cut scene.
>I also don't mind Snake speaking a lot less.
It's just the natural result of wanting a character as unobtrusive as possible. Venom is a player avatar that exists to accommodate player agency while still providing "Big Boss." Nothing more or less. But this does result in some very awkward moments.
>/v/ was just salty on release
This much is true. The game has a lot of issues on its own terms, though.
>>
>>340129860
It isn't a perfect game but Quiet's story gave me feels. I don't care if it makes me autistic.
>>
I won't be remembering this game for years to come like I did with the previous MGS games. It felt like a rushed mess. Gameplay was pretty decent, though, seeing as I got 100 hours out of it (and a little more with MGO).
>>
Lingua Francas (sp) made me want to never ever play MGSV ever fucking again.

I never ever knew about the super shitter hat behind the chicken hat until that mission..
>>
File: quiet123666.jpg (73 KB, 562x702) Image search: [Google]
quiet123666.jpg
73 KB, 562x702
>>340132379
queit was the best character
>>
>>340129860
>pipe dreams
m8, we paid for an actual demo
you can't berate us for expecting TPP to be more like GZ and call it a "pipe dream", that's what was presented to us
>>
>>340129860
Gameplay VERY good agreed. However I have to disagree with the story. It had good foundations but did not by any means feel coherent nor lengthy enough by Metal Gear standards. A lot of the usual charm of Metal Gear stories isn't there (i.e. long-as cutscenes & strong character interactions). And ESPECIALLY because this was meant to be Kojima's swansong for his beloved franchise, it was definitely a let-down and leaves us on a sour note. (YOU FEEL IT TOO DON'T YOU)

Gameplay is picture perfect though no mistake.
>>
File: Snakemore.jpg (30 KB, 872x484) Image search: [Google]
Snakemore.jpg
30 KB, 872x484
>>340129860
>I just completed this for the first time last night. All the main ops that is.
Are you sure?
>>
File: midhsake.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
midhsake.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>340132854
This

I thoroughly enjoyed MGSV, but going back to GZ really shows how hard they dropped the ball. No location/base comes close to the detail/variety/atmosphere of Camp Omega. And fuck Camp Omega wasn't even -that- great. I woulda expected that they'd pull out a setpiece 2x as impressive for the final mission, but instead we got OKB Zero which is 'walk in a straight line' or 'hug left and climb uninterrupted'.
>>
>>340134019
>expected that they'd pull out a setpiece 2x as impressive for the final mission, but instead we got OKB Zero
Not the final stoy mission.
>which is 'walk in a straight line' or 'hug left and climb uninterrupted'
You don't even know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRdt1YaF_G4
>>
>>340129860

Agree. TPP might actually be my favorite game ever. I 100% it recently.

It pretty much perfected the Crysis formula as weird as that sounds. Go back and play Crysis and you'll see how similar they are.

>>340134019

I disagree on everything but OKB Zero.

TPP had some fantastic locations but OKB Zero was only good the first time through.

Camp Omega was fucking great though.
>>
>>340132697

IWANTTOTITFUCKJOOOST
>>
>>340129860
>How do you guys feel about it now?

disgusted on how every single penny was sinked into that piece of shit quiet.
I hated how the whole story was around her importance while she was one of the most stupid character who ever existed.
Also they try to milk to consumer to death with MB coins, hopefully the FOB is dead, everyone having full upgraded bases impossible to attack
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.