[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are pokemon gyms too small? I mean look at this, there is barely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Cerulean Gym.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cerulean Gym.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Are pokemon gyms too small? I mean look at this, there is barely enough space for non-water types to move, battling here would be really hard
>>
Does taxpayers' money pay for the gym system? Do gyms generate tourism? What is their profit margin? Or are they public services, like a library? Who stands to gain from them?
>>
File: Vermilion Gym.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Vermilion Gym.png
2 MB, 1280x720
another example
why is surge's gym full of trash cans?
>>
>>340113412
>why is surge's gym full of trash cans?
If you played any of the Gen 1 games, you would know why.
>>
>>340112990
Where would my wailord fit
>>
>>340113713
In its pokeball
>>
>>340113307
There's Pokémon that can literally spawn money out of nowhere, Pokémon can offer unlimited sources of energy and fuel and nearly unlimited sources of food, pretty sure the pokémon economy is wacked and the pokémon league is a non-profit organization that only exists for the fun of battling.
>>
>>340113483
I played all 3 and still have no idea why.
>>
File: 1455432431151.jpg (49 KB, 599x668) Image search: [Google]
1455432431151.jpg
49 KB, 599x668
>>340113813
If Pokemon eliminate things like hunger, poverty, and energy shortages, then why do large, organized groups of criminals and terrorists still exist?
>>
>>340114083

To hog all the Pokemon and resources.

Whoever controls the Pokemon controls the world, and whoever controls the best Pokemon has all the power. At the very least if you have control of a lot of Pokemon you can then extort other people with less or less useful Pokemon. Mewtwo is the equivalent of having a nuclear bomb at your disposal.
>>
>>340114083
For fun? Maybe terrorizing people and stealing their pokémon is fun for them. That and pokémon are power, they're basically living weapons, so whoever has the most and strongest pokémon can do whatever they want.
>>
>>340114083
pokemon takes place in a post scarcity world that hasn't gone full commie yet

in the first 2 games they just wanted money and pokemon(power)

in the third games they were some hippie terrorists that wanted to change land mass/sea levels

didn't play the rest
>>
>>340113412
Because he's a dick who wants kids to dig through trash to fight him.
>>
>>340112990

The origin was just imitating the look of gen 1 video games

It was meant to be nostalgic and satirical at the same time
>>
>>340114883
>pokemon takes place in a post scarcity world
???
>>
>>340114883
Gen 4: literally wanted to destroy the world and create it anew, but without emotions
Gen 5: PETA scam to force people to free their pokémon so they'd be the only group with pokémon and could seize power
Gen 6: Nuke France because it is ugly
>>
>>340115470
You can deposit/generate stuff from computers. Energy doesn't seem to be a problem either.
>>
File: 250px-Cerulean_Gym_Battlefield.png (77 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
250px-Cerulean_Gym_Battlefield.png
77 KB, 250x188
>>340115182
This. We've already the gyms in season 1 of the anime.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.