[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
How the fuck do I beat these two Skeletons?

I killed the first big boss with the black fire bomb gift (got a sick hammer too) but these guys are impossible. I knew this game was hard but goddamn.
>>
You're going the wrong way
>>
>>340112040
I unlocked all those chests I found already, this is the only way forward I can go.

And holy fuck there's a big skelly after these two boneheads, just beat them and got whipped silly.
>>
Just keep going, they give up after a while
>>
>>340112209
In the opposite direction there's a path that hugs the cliffside.
>>
>>340111952
if youre determined, try getting them to jump off the cliff
>>
>>340113016
Oh okay, I'll check that side

>>340114073
Yea I somehow kicked one off the cliff before I got wasted by the other bonehead. It seems tedious to just keep smashing them apart like 7 times.
>>
>>340115826
You need a holy weapon otherwise they will keep respawning. Also, you're going the wrong way. Go to the bridge and explore the Undead Burg. Talk to the chainmail guy in Firelink as you progress, he'll give you updated info on where to go.
>>
>>340111952
Is this bait?
>>
>>340116483
Ok thanks

Also I saved and quit to go make some dinner, but now I don't have a save game and am going through the beginning again. Is this a known issue or did I screw up amd not save?
>>
>>340116661
The game should auto-save.
>>
>>340116838
Perhaps it's because I'm not connected to Live?

When I quit I was sure it saved but I got sent back to the Asylum level.
>>
File: 1464877324506.gif (740 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464877324506.gif
740 KB, 500x375
>>
>>340117094
Did you go to the bonfire after the bird dropped you off?
>>
>>340116642
i hope it's bait.
>>
>>340117310
Yea straight to it. I went to the bonfire just before I quit too.
>>
I wanna be "haha look at this stupid anon" but I remember just how fucking retarded I was when I first played Dark Souls.
>>
>>340117498
Did you rest at it?
>>
>>340117512
I didn't believe how different the game could really be. It just kinda throws you on your ass and tells you to start running.

Which is nice imo.

>>340117831
Yea I figured resting = save location

I'm giving it another go right now, just got back with the bird, and I'll see if I can find that other path.
>>
Really. No matter whether or not OP was being genuine or not.
I really don't get why so many people decided to go downwards and struggle with the graveyard and the skeletons, and then venture into a pitch black cave, rather than seek venues upwards reaching for those amazing buildings you see everywhere.

The very first thing I did when I arrived at Firelink the first time was circle the camera around the area, and then I looked up and was dead set on "I want to go there!" and then I tried and found stairs leading upwards.
>>
I did the same thing as OP when I started out and never tried the game again
>>
So I walked around a bit and think I found the right path, here's where I am now

Thanks for the help anons! Hopefully it saves this time.
>>
>>340118759
learn how to take photos
>>
>>340118759
This better be bait
>>
>>340118872
4chan auto rotates it
>>
>>340118759
Kill yourself you fucking nigger
>>
>>340118945
maybe don't take a vertical photo
>>
haha
>>
>>340118759
That's still the wrong way man. Have fun getting you butthole tickled by ghosts.
>>
Holy shit walked into the water and got rekt by some ghost mantis chicks in half a second

Maybe that wasn't the right path. My mace didn't even damage them.
>>
Ah okay, found the third path. This has to be the one you mentioned.

I should be all good from here on out, thanks again anons
>>
Look for a tree by the well by the bonfire. There's a path near that.

Good luck.
>>
>>340119271
try running past them
>>
File: smug.png (248 KB, 392x352) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
248 KB, 392x352
>>340118759
Holy shit anon
>>
...jesus
>>
File: 1463445000846.gif (829 KB, 485x282) Image search: [Google]
1463445000846.gif
829 KB, 485x282
>>340118759
>>
>>340119454
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NuFVQk_CCs
>>
>>340119454
>I should be all good from here on out

if youre having this much trouble already. i dont have much hope
>>
I remember the graveyard when the game first came out. The skeletons didn't give souls back then. Then those fucking ghosts in new londo..
>>
>>340119882
don't listen to him OP. you can do it.
>>
>>340120021
If hes real and not baiting. I wish him luck. Im not trying to be negative, just realistic.
>>
>>340120095
DS is a game about perseverance more than anything.
>>
>>340120095
How much do you want to bet that he chose the Key gift and get fucked over by Havel?
>>
>>340120689
he said he picked the bombs. smart move
>>
File: Mike Tyson.jpg (30 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Mike Tyson.jpg
30 KB, 720x404
>>340111952
Just run past them, OP. Run down the stairs near the side of the mountain. Keep running. Keep running past skeletons. Eventually you'll find a chamber with a big stone demon in it. Run behind him. You'll find an item that's an eyeball.

Now go lie in one of the open coffins in that room, OP. If you wait long enough and you have the eyeball, you'll be taken to a chamber. Pray at the God there and join the covenant. This gives you the best sword in the game. Now you don't have the stats to use it yet, but that's okay.

Go back to the skeleton pit of shit. Run to the very very bottom. Run past all the skeletons. Fight the boss down there. Beating him gets you a shitload of souls AND the Rite of Kindling, which lets you 'Kindle' bonfires if you have humanity to do so, which lets you get more healing resources for the WHOLE GAME.

Now use those souls to give yourself the minimum stats to wield the GraveLord Greatsword. Put the rest of your stat points into Vitality and Endurance (health and stamina) for the rest of the game.

Congrats. You beat Dark Souls now. Anyone who tells you not to go down to that Skeleton area are faggot weaklings who didn't want to get the Rite of Kindling and the best weapons (Gravelord Greatsword, Great Scythe, and/or BKGA) at the start of the game.
>>
>>340121267
Huh, guess I skipped that part.
>>
>>340118759
That underground place is a decent place to visit just for a second because in the area where you start running into ghosts, you can find a Firekeeper's Soul. If you give that soul to the woman at firelink shrine, she will permanently upgrade your healing Estus flask.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.