[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have we really come to accept dlc and microtransactions as the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 25
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1280x720
Have we really come to accept dlc and microtransactions as the norm?

I remember 4 years ago, if you mentioned that Nintendo was releasing DLC for smash and mariokart or Fromsoft was making DLC content while working on the base game, we would have been up in arms and asking questions like

>why the FUCK isnt that part of the base game?

Why is it OK now? Because they've jammed it down our throats long enough?
>>
whats wrong with extra content?
>>
There's nothing inherently wrong with DLC. it's just the way it has been implemented, and sometimes abused by a lot of major companies that's the problem.
>>
File: 1462463212731.jpg (212 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462463212731.jpg
212 KB, 707x1000
DLC per se isn't bad
What is bad is cutting a game content and releasing the missing part as DLC
DLC are extra and aren't even a novelty, we called "expansion packs" back then and we had to purchase a whole CD for them.
>>
There's nothing wrong with DLC. In fact I prefer it in some ways to old "release a full-price expanded version of the same game 1-2 years later" we used to get.
It just sucks when it's blatent that devs release 70% of a game and sell you the rest quite quickly later. I don't think Nintendo has been guilty of that, and their DLC so far seems to have been added content created after the main game was completed.
>>
>>340108269

In this case, it WAS abused. Sakurai may talk shit all he wants about how DLC is a "scam" and he can trash talk other companies in whatever passive-aggressive way he wants, but Smash DLC is just a cashgrab for a game that's on a dying/dead console.

Hell, Bayonetta was so fucking broken she was literally a pay2win character for a long time, and if it wasn't for the competitive scene, she would've stayed that way because Nintendo (Sakurai included) don't give a single fuck, because they already got your money.

Smash DLC relied on shock value more than anything, and it just doesn't make the game feel like Smash anymore. Why is Ryu in Smash? Why is he so good to the point where he's probably one of the best in the game? Because he's DLC and he has to be good. Because money.

It's scummy, shitty, adds NOTHING to the game other than initial hype, which is forgotten in a few weeks, and lowers the quality of the game.

I've never accepted character DLC in any fighting game. If you need the extra development time to add these characters, fucking do it. DLC is not inherently bad, but it sure as fuck is bad in the modern video game industry.

The only people who do DLC sort of right are FromSoft with their massive area expansions, and Bethesda. Love them or hate them, they provide a fuckton of additional content for the same price, if not LESS, than what Smash 4 charges you for all its DLC. It's bullshit and Sakurai's a cunt.
>>
Casuals have learned to accept being raped by publishers.

Anyone with any dignity quit videogames in the 7th gen.
>>
>>340107971
I don't mind DLC, I'm just never going to buy it, and if I feel like it's necessary to buy DLC to enjoy a game to its fullest, I will not buy the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 741x1167) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 741x1167
>>340108070
The character bundle in smash 4 is ok, but I think a bad value proposition. $35 for 7 characters, which is essentially only 12% of the cast, doesn't seem like a particularly fair when the base game was $60. It doesn't help that some of the DLC characters are considered top tier.
>>
File: 1449847714315.jpg (5 KB, 190x153) Image search: [Google]
1449847714315.jpg
5 KB, 190x153
That's why I refuse to back certain games with DLC. Smash Brothers, Splatoon, Street Fighter, etc.

I don't care if you think it "adds more playtime". You will not charge me full price, then ask for more money. How dare you be so greedy? I'm the customer, you should be bending over to make me happy, not the other way around.
>>
>>340108970
>Splatoon
2/10 because I took the bait
>>
>>340109148

I'm talking about the cosmetics locked onto the amiibos. You can argue that they don't affect the game at all, but I don't care. You asked 60 dollars of me, so every single thing associated with the game will be free of charge.

Otherwise, your game goes back to the store.
>>
I would love to see these same posts in Sony or Microsoft threads
>>
>>340108970
Do you at least buy GOTY editions?
>>
>>340108808
>In this case, it WAS abused
Everyone after Mewtwo was done AFTER the game was released and went gold. Are the expensive? Yes, but they're also par of the course for fighting game DLC.
>>
>>340108808

How is this DLC a cashgrab when the demand for additional fighters is clearly there? Hell, if they announced a Round 2 of DLC characters, /v/ and the rest of the internet would rev up their shitty roster pictures, and start signing petitions like crazy. This makes you sound like a butthurt roster baby whose favorite character didn't get in, but if it had you never would have made this thread.

You bring up a lot of points in the balance of the characters, but that's a problem that you're going to run into in fighting games; DLC or no DLC. Remember when Bayonetta was first released and everyone was disappointed because she "sucked"? Remember when Ryu, Lucas, and Roy got leaked and everyone was shouting "BASED NINTENDO". There doesn't need to be a reason why these characters got in. Again, butthurt roster baby.

And if you think adding fighters adds nothing to the game, then you're pretty damn stupid and shouldn't even bother posting your opinions here.

>Bethesda cock rider

I should have known.
>>
>>340108940
>DLC is x% of the game so it should cost x% of the game's price
>>
>>340109410

Nope.

>>340109474
>>340109548

My rule is that, if your game has any DLC and it's cosmetic, then I can let it slide if the base game is good and the price is fair (neither applies to most nintendo titles though).

However, you're gonna charge me 60 bucks, then an additional 35 bucks for DLC that vastly affects online play? And I get screwed over if I don't want to pay for it?

You don't see a problem there?
>>
>>340109231
>Caring about the amiibo weapons or clothes
>Caring about cosmetics that do jack shit at all
>>
>I remember 4 years ago when DLC was equally common and even Nintendo was releasing level packs for NSMB2 and Fire Emblem Awakening
Right.
>>
>>340109406
I dont mind the bloodborne dlc since miyazaki and team were actually planning on cutting the game up and giving it the Dark souls II treatment, but instead opted to design more content after seeing the game's reception.

dark souls II and III make me mad as fuck because From, had the DLC ready at launch and opted to sell it piecewise and with season passes because they know people will buy it. after Dark Souls II, I only buy the GOTY editions for souls games. Fuck paying 90$ for the full experience.
>>
Only DLC I ever got was bonus pre-order DLC or if it was part of a Collectors Edition where it was bundled with physical goods.
>>
>>340109950

Wait, you're ok with companies charging you for skins, re-colors, and the sort, but you're upset when a company charges you for a unique fighter? What? And how does not buying the DLC affect you at all? You don't have to buy any of them, you know that right? Just because you buy Bayonetta, doesn't mean you're automatically not going to get screwed online.
>>
>>340110015

Cosmetics like that do more damage than you think. Look at TF2 and Overwatch for example. Although the hats didn't affect the game, it turned everyone into attention whores, and before you knew it, every single discussion that ever happened afterward was just a circlejerk about people showing off their reskins and cosmetics. So that's also a problem I have with cosmetics, especially ones behind a paywall. People who buy it act like asshats who think they're better.
>>
>>340107971

I'd wager the DLC was the only thing keeping SSB4 alive for as long as it did.
>>
>>340109950
I don't think it's bad at all. The alternative is to release the same game again with some extra characters a year later, add a 2 to the title and charge everyone $60. The first game becomes worthless then too.
>>
>>340107971
because if WE didn't buy it, the everyday average joe would.

we could do NOTHING to curb it save for starting when horse armor came out and fought it hard.

really though, most of the shit on fallout 3 was like old school expansion packs you would have bought for $20-$30 back in the 90's

i still remember buying shit like master levels for doom 2, hell, i even still HAVE my boxed copy.

its going nowhere anon, at best we can have like what nintendo did for mario kart, giving us several new racers, 16 tracks and such for 11.99. that is how you make dlc good, make it cheap for me to care.
>>
>>340109950
>My rule is that
My rule is that, I don't give a fuck about your rule and if they had to follow every single stupid fuck's arbitrary rule then there would be NO DLC.
>>
Sakurai did nothing wrong.
>>
>>340110330
So it's a community problem. Not the game's or the company.
And FYI, Splatoon doesn't face said problem because the amiibo shit is hardly anything worth bragging about
>>
>>340110529
He made smash 4 pay more to win more though
>>
>>340110320

>Wait, you're ok with companies charging you for skins, re-colors, and the sort, but you're upset when a company charges you for a unique fighter?
Read between the lines. I said it was only okay if it was reasonable.I'm talking all DLC for the game forever for maybe 2-3 dollars, and the game is good even without them. But if neither is met, then the game is clearly just masking its inability to have good gameplay with pricey, flashy garbage.

>You don't have to buy any of them, you know that right?
Yes, and tell me, how does that help me online when I play against other people? You tell me what happens. I either have to avoid the people who do have the DLC (reducing the amount of people I'm allowed to play with), or I get screwed because Hackurai doesn't know balance and just made every DLC character OP as hell.

Nobody should be allowed to buy an advantage like that.
>>
File: 1449537513895.png (334 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
1449537513895.png
334 KB, 640x464
>>340107971
people was never against DLC, its been since the start of PCs.
they started bitching when they were on consoles, because it was new for them and console space etc, but it only turned into a problem when actual parts of the game like THE FUCKING ENDING were sold separately.

thats when the line was cross.
>>
>>340108970
how do you feel about SFV's "you can play the game to get all the stuff or buy it immediately"
>>
>>340109231
Nigga you're retarded and one of the hardliners that are impossible to please and might as well just fuck off.
>>
>>340110413

>The alternative is to release the same game again
Or you could just stop being greedy and release the game for free. Or lower the base price of the game.

Shovel Knight had no problem doing that. 3 brand new campaigns, and I don't have to pay a dime for them. Terraria too. 4-5 years of support and new content, not a penny extra.
>>
File: full.jpg (10 KB, 346x260) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
10 KB, 346x260
>4 years ago
4 years ago nothing was different. Street Fighter got another "new" separate entry with DLC, DLC was used to make up for shitty endings, and even Nintendo was doing it.
I fucking hate blind biased "muh favorite years" faggots like you who pretend times were better when hardly anything changed.
>>
>>340110475

>there would be no DLC

That sounds heavenly. Make it so #1.

>>340110594

>And FYI, Splatoon doesn't face said problem because the amiibo shit is hardly anything worth bragging about
Look at the hovel known as /splatoon general/ and tell me that with a straight face.

>b-but /vg/ generals are supposed to be bad!
No, they're not. People just let it slide because they don't want to improve their communities.
>>
>>340110654
The only DLC character to ever win a big tournament is Mewtwo. The base cast is good enough to win.
>>
>>340110654
How so? I had no problems beating DLC characters in tourney's and people who have the time for major's had no trouble either, people only complained because there were a bunch of frauds that were scared their ego would be hit because some characters had custom like jank.

Though if you're good you wouldn't fall for that shit, but you can be like zero and dodge until a nerf.
>>
>>340110118
Both of those are insignificant compared to what we have now. They were nintendo's horse armor. I consider e-Reader to be the shitty precursor to amiibos.

event pokemon dont matter they were free except for the jirachi you could get with pokemon channel.
>>
File: 1464910356710.jpg (34 KB, 408x804) Image search: [Google]
1464910356710.jpg
34 KB, 408x804
>>340110916
>So it's a community problem
>No, just look at the community
You're proving him right.
>>
>>340110704

>just fuck off because you have standards

I'm sorry I don't want everything to become Mass Effect 3 and selling endings and characters as DLC, when your game is already full priced.
>>
>>340107971
Its shit but expansion packs were just as if not more cancerous
>>
>>340107971
We grew up
>>
File: 1427512827289.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
1427512827289.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>340110916
>/ink/ is the whole splatoon community
I want you to go there and reference me to a post where they brag their amiibo shit, if they aren't busy posting Marie or Callie.

Even fucking Miiverse doesn't brag amiibo shit at all or start circlejerks about it.
>>
>>340110774
>Or you could just stop being greedy and release the game for free. Or lower the base price of the game.
Money comes first for companies. Don't tell me you're one of those imbeciles that cries about companies like Sony and Nintendo changing; about how they used to genuinely care for you.
>>
Shut UP AND BUY MORE AMIIBO
>>
>Why is it OK now?
Its been around for years
>B-B-B-But it's different now
Not really
>B-B-B-But I hate it
Join the vocal minority
>W-W-Why are you defending it
I'm not
>>
>>340110774
>Shovel Knight
>Free content
Shovel Knight did something even more cancerous by having a Kickstarter. People paid for that content before they even knew if it would be good, let alone actually ever release.
Same deal with Terraria, only that was Early Access.
>>
File: 1453557228409.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
1453557228409.png
30 KB, 747x491
I hope everyone in this thread has a restless sleep and doesn't wake up refreshed
>>
>>340110774
>Shovel Knight
>conveniently leaving out that it had a Kickstarter, where people pay more for things that aren't even in development yet
>>
>>340110992

That kind of "community" never existed before cosmetic whoring.

Compare TF2 and Counterstrike's vanilla launches and the fans who came in around that time. Then compare that to when Valve decided that everything needed neon green pony hats everywhere, and the F2Ps and the BRs and the 10 year olds swamped in to show off their stout shakos.

>>340111117

>reference a post where they brag about amiibo shit
I think this post might count, either way it proves my other point that people jerk off over cosmetics.

>>>/vg/144481048
ctrl+f >>144487451

The rest of the thread is, surprise, circlejerking about very unpleasant, not video game related content. And they're having a board war with Undertale general. It's funny.
>>
>>340110774
>3 brand new campaigns, and I don't have to pay a dime for them
Well no shit. Other people did.
Do you not know how Kickstarter works?
>>
>>340111189

I never thought companies genuinely cared. but I believe in the power of the customer. If I say something is unfair, you don't get my money for it, and I don't consider it a good product. The customer is always right.

>>340111334
>>340111414

The point was that I got the content for free. If some schlub wanted to pay for the kickstarter, that was his decision.
>>
>>340110671

Well, a price being "reasonable" is a complete subjective matter. What you might find unreasonable, might be perfectly ok with someone else. All that is completely subjective, so moot point.

And again, if you buy the DLC or not, if you SUCK at the game, you're still going to get rekt either way. You're acting as if these characters are completely broken. Yes, they are good, but I'd say considering the size of the overall roster, the balance ain't that bad. Considering that ZZS, Sheik and Diddy Kong have all sat on top of the tier list at one point or another, renders your argument moot. Again. I bet you a million dollars that if these characters were FREE, and they stayed exactly as is, you would be complaining about them being too OP still.

If you get so miffed about character balance, then you might want to find different games to play.
>>
File: tomatos.png (157 KB, 345x361) Image search: [Google]
tomatos.png
157 KB, 345x361
>>340110774
>complaining about corporations being greedy
>defending Kickstarter and early access
>>
>>340111012
ME3 ending wasn't paid though
>>
File: 1461950870542.png (492 KB, 428x497) Image search: [Google]
1461950870542.png
492 KB, 428x497
>that feel when you bought all the DLC but pirated the game
>>
>>340111339
Jokes on you faggot, that doesnt bother me.

Now i'll sleep at 9pm just to spite you.
>>
>>340111505

If Smash Brothers worked the same way, I wouldn't have a problem. If the DLC was free and was already paid for by Nintendo, then I wouldn't have a problem. They can do it with most of the DLC for Splatoon, what's their excuse here?

>We want money
Okay, but I'm not paying for it.

>>340111571

>And again, if you buy the DLC or not, if you SUCK at the game, you're still going to get rekt either way.
That doesn't matter in the slightest. I want the characters for free because I paid full price for the game. It's price gouging corporate greed at its worst.

It's just like the control schemes for Kid Icarus, or Splatoon, or Star Fox. Yeah, I can learn them if I have to, and learn how to get better with them, but I don't want to. I'm sick of paying high prices for products that continue asking of me, as if I didn't earn this game with money that I worked hard for.
>>
File: 1464737052904.jpg (310 KB, 833x472) Image search: [Google]
1464737052904.jpg
310 KB, 833x472
>>340111545
>The customer is always right.
So why are you playing contrarian and complaining about DLC? The average customer thinks it's a good thing.
>>
>>340111832

The average customer is only right if they're within the interests of themselves and customers in general. Traitors obviously need not apply.
>>
>>340111831
>I'm sick of paying high prices for products that continue asking of me, as if I didn't earn this game with money that I worked hard for.
Yet you keep doing it.
I think you're legitimately retarded.
>>
>>340111421
Your post had absolutely NOTHING to with amiibo bragging. It just quoted someguy posting a picture of some kid with IN GAME (and included with the game) cosmetics. Never did the post include bragging about paid cosmetics.

>The rest of the thread is, surprise, circlejerking about very unpleasant, not video game related content. And they're having a board war with Undertale general. It's funny.
So what does that have to do with the game and DLC? You're moving goalposts
>>
>>340111545

You sound like a complete leech, and I'd hate to be the poor bastard that calls you a "customer".
>>
>>340108970
I'm having a hard time thinking of any games that didn't have dlc that came out in the last like 3 years or so. I'm sorry your autism is preventing you from experiencing so many great games
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (29 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
29 KB, 300x240
>>340111920
>>The average customer is only right if
The customer is ALWAYS right. You said it, not me.
>>
>>340111589
>kickstarter is evil meme
Come on, I know we are all pissed because of MN9 but not everything that comes from there is a scam
>>
I downloaded all the DLC characters and stages for Smash 4, so apparently yes.

Fuck the mii costumes though.
>>
>>340107971
theres nothing wrong with DLC as long as it adds something substantial to the game, like extra characters or an additonal 7 hours of game play
>>
>>340112016

A customer is someone who buys a product. If they shill for a product, they're no longer a customer. Defending bad practices counts as shilling.

>>340111972

Better that than a marketer.
>>
>>340112067
I'm pointing out his hypocrisy.
>>
>>340111831
>That doesn't matter in the slightest. I want the characters for free because I paid full price for the game.
Holy shit the entitlement.
You paid for the game as it was. Not for shit that came afterwards. If you want DLC included with the game wait for GOTY editions.
>>
>>340112160
>If they shill for a product, they're no longer a customer
Anon-kun, that makes you not a customer too.
>>
>>340111831

>doesn't matter in the slightest

But you keep complaining about other players having an advantage over you, because they did pay for them. You just proved yourself to be a grade A retard. Nobody gives a shit about what you think is "fair", and why you think you're entitled to extra content, because "I PAID FOR THE GAME, WHY ARE YOU CHARGING ME MORE FOR MORE GAME".

>Money I worked hard for

Hardest part about autismbux is opening up the envelope faggot.
>>
File: contrarian-investing.jpg (14 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
contrarian-investing.jpg
14 KB, 300x212
>>340112160
>Defending bad practices counts as shilling
So does defending good practices.
I know you're bored on this Sunday evening/Monday morning, but at least TRY not to be like that guy who fumbles less than an hour into his own thread.
>>
>>340112215
>>340112297

>entitlement is now a bad thing

Why?
>>
>>340112160
>Better that than a marketer.
>the opposite extreme
not really
>>
File: 1449197046648.jpg (43 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1449197046648.jpg
43 KB, 426x426
>>340111928
>>340111928
>>340111928
>>340111928
>>340111928

I'm waiting for a response here you goalpost mover.
>>
>>340112471
Your parents didn't have to raise you
>>
>>340107971
Sure, microtransactions are bad. But then you have shit like the Witcher DLC, which aren't really traditional DLC and are more like expansions. Those are fine, and have existed for decades. Same with Dark Souls shit.

Character packs are a bit egregious, however.
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>340112471
>>
>>340112471
Do you throw a shitfit when you buy a phone, and a week later down the line they announce an updated version of it, then complain you should get it for free because you already paid for a phone?
>>
>>340112471
>implying entitlement is a good thing
Quit shilling for entitlement.
>>
>>340111928
>>340112567

He was posting cosmetics. That's all that mattered. He wasn't talking about gameplay.

Thanks to Undertale shitposting, there wasn't enough posts of amiibo exclusive content.
>>
>>340112583
>>340112680
>>340112743
>>340112828

Did you guys happen to shill for paid mods when they first came out?
>>
>>340112870
>He was posting cosmetics
which had nothing to do with bragging about amiibo
>>
>>340112968
Did you shill for oxygen when the doctor slapped your ass after exiting the womb?
>>
>>340107971
Theres nothing wrong with DLC.

Everyone had an understandable problem with it when it was arm and a leg cost for next to nothing. Selling weapons and progress in single player modes of yearly installments of games. Paying for shit thats literally already on the disc you just bought.

Bad practice in DLC has left DLC as a concept tarnished and mistrusted. If DLC allows shit like the Mario Kart 8 cups to happen, I'm okay with it.
The only way bad practices will stop is if you stop buying it.

The smash DLC I am fine with, they're characters that came much later.
If they never release a Smash Bros definitive pack that has all the characters already on it in a year or so though then poo to them.
>>
>>340112968

Holy shit, OP just close this tab and never look back. Stop. You're embarrassing autists everywhere.
>>
>>340112985

Cosmetics are all tied to amiibos regardless. They teach you to not play the game, but instead dress up your character. None of them should've been in the game, and the reason is that cosmetics are cancer. What I wouldn't do to rewind time with TF2 before the kids decided to dedicate millions of servers to idle and minecraft trade plazas.
>>
>>340112870
You lack reading comprehension so i'll put it to you simple.

>He posted cosmetics
Yes
>Was it paid cosmetics
No
>But its still cosmetics
Cosmetics that everyone else can get in game
>He wasn't talking about gameplay.
God forbid I want to talk about something else, like meta, lore or a character

You complained about PAID cosmetics. You're stawmaning so hard.
>>
>le all dlc is bad meme
reminds me of when expansion packs were becoming popular and all the kiddies got mad because their parents just bought them a new game
>>
>>340113210

>God forbid I want to talk about something else, like meta, lore or a character
You're playing a GAME. thus you talk about the gameplay. That's not a hard concept.
>>
>>340113279
Some genres must drive your autism up the wall
>>
>>340113204
>but instead dress up your character
to play as them
this thread is disappointing
you're supposed to be pushing against other posters, not moving further back
>>
>>340113367

I talk about video games, so I don't get driven up walls that much.

I don't know why you posted a cinematic experience though. Shouldn't that be on /tv/?
>>
>or Fromsoft was making DLC content while working on the base game
They were literally doing this four years ago.
>>
File: 1464732742964.jpg (63 KB, 600x605) Image search: [Google]
1464732742964.jpg
63 KB, 600x605
>>340113445
You might want to try edging so you don't finish so quickly.
>>
File: 1444013682643.gif (697 KB, 387x335) Image search: [Google]
1444013682643.gif
697 KB, 387x335
>>340107971
>mewtwo hips
god DAMN
>>
File: 1442274842888.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1442274842888.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>340113279
Holy shit, you must be a blast to have around.
You still haven't properly showed a post bragging paid cosmetics. Go on.

>Thanks to Undertale shitposting, there wasn't enough posts of amiibo exclusive content.
It's not like we have an archive for threads were you could look for a thread were said incident wasn't happening right?
>>
>>340107971
Nope. I haven't. Haven't bought but one dlc ever. And honestly... wasn't worth it. And I have hacked 3DS so I just downloaded that game with all the DLC. That shit should've been in free updates anyways as a thanks for all the ridiculous sales that game got.
>>
>>340113668

Pardon me if i haven't even touched the game in a year, so I can't remember the paid DLC from the amiibos. SO I don't wanna go through 500+ posts of people jerking off over cosmetics.
>>
>>340110351
That's pretty sad and only further proof of how some games lack depth and good structure today. Or at least they miss something that made old games highly replayable. I don't know about this game because I'm no smash bros fan but it says something that people still play melee in droves and that game had absolutely no updates or dlc.
>>
File: 1306523617_3.jpg (28 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1306523617_3.jpg
28 KB, 400x266
>>340113902
>if i haven't even touched the game in a year
>supported it in the first place
All your posts went out the window OP
>>
>>340113902
Not my problem. It's not like you could google which is the paid DLC is splatoon.

>SO I don't wanna go through 500+ posts of people jerking off over cosmetics.
Not my problem either, is you're gonna make a claim and you're not going to make the effort to PROVE it, then don't make the claim.
>>
>>340114076
His posts went out the window when he implied things were different a mere 4 years ago.
The thread's basically just him moving goalposts while some other guy runs after him laughing.
>>
>>340114076
>>340114085

>you supported it

Nope, you can thank redbox for that, and borrowing the game from friends.

>Not my problem either, is you're gonna make a claim and you're not going to make the effort to PROVE it, then don't make the claim.
I proved it by showing off people jerking off over cosmetics. I just didn't have much in the way of amiibo cosmetics. It's not like I can manipulate /vg/ to my will.
>>
>>340114257
>you can thank redbox
Remind me how supporting the concept of rental services in 2016 makes you look any better after still paying money to play a game with DLC
>>
>>340109231
>You asked 60 dollars of me, so every single thing associated with the game will be free of charge.
Why?

Isn't it more proper to get 60 dollars worth of content, and the expectation that if you want MORE than that you'll have to pay extra, because the company had to spend extra to develop it?
>>
>>340114176

>His posts went out the window when he implied things were different a mere 4 years ago.
I actually never implied that. And infact, I'm not the OP since people keep saying that.

Since these recent events, I'm not defending games with DLC anymore, save for good games that have tons of singleplayer content, and even then I still penalize for it. If you've seen what games I consider GOTY for the past 4-5 years, you'd find games that have pretty much no DLC, except for 1 or 2.
>>
>>340107971
What pisses me off the most about smash DLC is half of them are returning characters.

Like they literally removed a character from the base game, just to charge you for it later.
>>
>>340114380
There's a difference between "removed" and "did not add", you moron.
>>
>>340114257
>paying to borrow a game
LITERALLY dumber than pirates who pay to pirate
>but my friends let me borrow sometimes
>letting your friends buy stuff you're crying about
>>
>>340114356

I pay 1 buck as opposed to 60. How bad is that?

>>340114368

>Isn't it more proper to get 60 dollars worth of content
And do any games this gen offer that? When I think of a 60 dollar game, I think of something that will last me for 1000 hours minimum, and that's without multiplayer or DLC.

Anything less isn't worth the time.
>>
>>340110948
The Fire Emblem DLC was pretty fucking bad man, there's almost a whole other game locked behind like 100 bucks of transactions.
>>
>>340110458
>>340107971

This is the sad truth about the current state of gaming. When greedy pubs started entering the arena they first thought the game player at the time would accept this kind of stuff. But when it didn't, instead of improving games they just moved on to more casual markets. Because that's what big business usually does.

It doesn't inherently improve anything, it parasitically leeches off of the progress that industry has made until nothing but a husk is left. I don't think accepting it is the answer though. I just all around stop buying the shit. There are very few devs that support a full game anymore and not some pieced together frankenstein monster of a game via DLC.

I just support those few games and the hell with it pirate or buy heavily discounted as a used game off ebay or something later if not.
>>
File: 1400012948671.gif (260 KB, 440x400) Image search: [Google]
1400012948671.gif
260 KB, 440x400
>>340114257
>I proved it by showing off people jerking off over cosmetics.
I don't think you know what people jerking off over X means.
Just because I an image of X doesn't mean im jerking over it.
If I post an image of X, mock people over not having said X AND people join me on it, it's jerking off over X.

Read a book and a dictionary sometime, you really need it
>>
File: 0207_natsume_03.jpg (30 KB, 550x307) Image search: [Google]
0207_natsume_03.jpg
30 KB, 550x307
>>340114257
>renting
>personal vendetta against games with DLC, yet borrows it from friends
>letting your friends pay for DLC
>letting your friends buy Splatoon
>>
>>340114521

>Just because I an image of X doesn't mean im jerking over it.
If you're in a thread which is there to discuss a video game, and you do nothing but shitpost and post cosmetics, then I think it's safe to say it's jerking off.

Again, /ink/ gives credence for this.
>>
>tfw Mewtwo and Ryu are still the only DLC characters worth buying
Banjo please save me from this garbage
>>
>>340114640
Go back and read my post.

If I post an image of X, mock people over not having said X AND people join me on it, it's jerking off over X.

Close your tab. You're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>340114502
>I pay 1 buck
1 buck toward one of the mean, evil greedy corporations you claim to oppose.
>it's okay, it's just a dollar
You're no different from people who buy at GameStop.
>>
>>340108970
Splatoon's DLC is free updates
>>
>>340114451
It makes no literal difference. The changes to these characters are completely insignificant. Mewtwo is almost completely identical and Roy and Lucas aren't really any different than before either. They only really changed a couple of Roy's moves because they knew it would be a piss off if he and Marth were carbon copies again when they sold him as extra.

It's still extremely lazy and disingenuous. Shit deserves to be in the game. At least then smash 4 would have looked like an advancement instead of a regression to shitty M$ levels of DLC/Microtransactions.
>>
>>340114640
>If you're in a thread which is there to discuss a video game, and you do nothing but shitpost and post cosmetics, then I think it's safe to say it's jerking off.
Did you just admit to jerking off? You pervert.
>>
>>340114640
>then I think it's safe to say it's jerking off.
What you think =/= What it acutally is
>>
>>340110916
In the year or so I've been involved with /ink/, never once did anyone mention the fucking amiibo unlocks.

Now jerking off on them is another story, because I think that's why everyone bought them.
>>
Jesus Christ this thread is awful, post porn or something this needs to be purged
>>
>>340114739
>>340114941

>If I post an image of X, mock people over not having said X AND people join me on it, it's jerking off over X.
And this all happens in /vg/. So it fits to the letter, I like to think.
>>
>>340107971
>people complain Bayo is OP
>when fucking Diddy Kong exists
Why is the Smash fanbase so awful?
>>
>>340115060
>Why is the Smash fanbase so awful?
because it's a repulsive amalgamation of every fanbase of the franchises involved thinking they're entitled to specific things from a dev who does things his way in a series for casual gamers treated like a hardcore community
>>
>>340115015
Again, you haven't proved it. You have posted a post saying
>Why haven't you losers bought the amiibo DLC
>Being poorfags
or anything of the sort
Im waiting.
>>
>>340115237

I already posted it. If you weren't jerking off to it, you wouldn't post the cosmetics in the first place. You would talk about gameplay, or at the least the outfit's impact on the gameplay.

I'm doing that right now, so as to not be a hypocrite (discussing gameplay and cosmetic's impact on it). I value that quality among my fellow anons.
>>
>>340115385
>so as to not be a hypocrite
a little late op
>>
>>340115457

>op
Gonna need a citation on that.
>>
>>340115385
I like how you ignore what jerking off to actually means.

Let your thread die. Maybe tomorrow you'll argue with someone who's a pushover.
>>
>>340115560
ooooh that makes it even worse if the reply chain is followed
>>
>>340107971
>>340107971
>>340113085

Problem is that there isn't really a good reason from a gameplay standpoint for any game to have DLC. Of course any company would easily justify to themselves that they "need" the extra money. But that doesn't justify DLC in and of itself.

Any DLC automatically indicates an unfinished and incomplete game. Every DLC is released within a couple of days or months of the release unless they are substantial expansions ala the very old traditional version. But to release content for a game even a couple months later is to admit you had this content in the making during development and planned for it to be in the game... however they just decided to withhold it for extra money.

It undermines the quality of the game and proves they never cared about integrity or artistic vision. Won't have very many actual masterpieces like before 2006 anymore thanks to these draconian practices. There have been only a handful of even decent dlcs that made it post 2006 and ironically those were all expansions that added at 1/3 or more of base game content for less than $20 or $30.
>>
>>340115626
>like before 2006
Gee, I wonder which era of gaming you experienced during your childhood and are biased toward.
>>
>>340115731
It's irrelevant. Whether born after or before, it's obvious what has become of games when you see so many broken into pieces or deliberately made with cut content solely to earn what is essentially free extra money for the publisher. It's disingenuous and serves to devalue games... especially in the long term where it will become impossible for players of the future to truly play a game with it's complete content since DLC isn't available anymore and even "GOTY" editions don't always come with all the content for games. Clearly it's objectively worse as a practice compared to the old model.
>>
>>340115231
But still. It's ridiculous that Diddy Kong and Sheik can do half the shit that they can do, but then Bayo comes out and SHE needs to be nerfed. It's bullshit.
>>
File: 830248324023.png (146 KB, 306x373) Image search: [Google]
830248324023.png
146 KB, 306x373
>>340116117

Maybe instead of planning DLC, they should've worked more on balance.

>tfw companies would rather make more money on DLC than actually make sure their product works
>>
>>340116258
Hell, the recent patch ONLY nerfed Bayo, when Diddy and Sheik should have gotten the same kind of nerfs. But no, because no one is complaining about them as hard as all the sexually repressed faggots complaining about Bayo being OP.
>>
>>340111571
If you even bothered to play Tr4sh you would know that all the dlc characters are basicly ez mode.

Sheik, Diddy, and ZSS are top tier because of the rudiculous utility they can pull. They actually take some practice and skill to setup.

Bayonetta, Cloud, Mewtwo, and Corn are just kite and spam move cancelling/B to win.
>>
>>340117002
>Sheik
>taking Skill

The only thing remotely hard about sheik is finishing a stock, she pretty wins neutral for you.
>>
>>340117364
>getting kod by sheik
Casul detected.
>>
>>340108940
You know that logic is retarded, right?
They could release the game with 16 characters in the base game like Street Fighter and sell the rest of the characters for $2 each, it doesn't make it a good deal does it?
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.