[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo games are dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: boohoo.png (456 KB, 865x923) Image search: [Google]
boohoo.png
456 KB, 865x923
So is this it?

After the Zelda release (if ever) is it over? Star Fox crashed, Mario Maker memed out, there's a Kirby mecha game I guess.

Will Iwata's death be for nothing except mobile games and "Toad stools" in hospitals?

What's your honest opinion and where do you think things are headed?
>>
They have a decent sum of cash. Of course this means they'll crank out failure after failure until the end of time.
>>
File: 1460840313048.gif (3 MB, 222x379) Image search: [Google]
1460840313048.gif
3 MB, 222x379
>Mario Maker memed out
huh?
>>
You're about 15 years late, faggot

Nintendo died with GameCube
>>
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 250x202
Well, they still have Reggie
>>
>>340104839
NSMBU was a great fucking game. It's not SMB3/U/12 by any means but it was still great.
Mario Maker isn't a game.
>>
>>340104839
If the NX fails, it'll be Sega all over again. They might go third party and make games for PS4/Xboner/PC, but more likely they'll just shit out some mobile games and license their IP's for TV shows and shit like that.
>>
>>340106286
They really died with the N64. Their retail momentum within the industry, not the quality of their software which may have been at its peak back then.
>>
Essentially, Nintendo makes decent games. But they lost their fucking soul imo. Just down to making countless Mario and Pokemon games for the kiddies because there still riding of the fact that they were a household name in the 90's. I feel that if they want to be successful, they need to go ALL out with this upcoming NX console. If not, they will lose a SHIT ton of money and potentially fans.
>>
I feel like you have zero idea of what's going on and that's so sad. Do some research first.
>>
>>340107671
>Just down to making countless Mario and Pokemon games for the kiddies because there still riding of the fact that they were a household name in the 90's.

They don't just make Mario and Pokemon games though.
>>
>>340107827
I understand that. I was just saying that they usually come out with one Mario and Pokemon game every year, its almost like they only make those types of games
>>
>>340107827

That the problems. The they don't know what they are doing at all when it comes to those games they publish from other developers.

B tiers franchises aren't even considered unless there's a gimmick introduced that nobody asked for.
>>
>>340106596
>implying this pizza hut nigga wasn't solely responsible for nintendo's downfall
>>
>>340108358
>B tiers franchises aren't even considered unless there's a gimmick introduced that nobody asked for.

Kirby has a new mainline traditional game coming out soon.

>>340107986
I suppose.
>>
File: 1334168878242.jpg (106 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1334168878242.jpg
106 KB, 600x560
>The last noteworthy IP was Pikmin in like 2002

Is it so hard to create something new and fresh?

I mean they do have quality designers and programmers working there, way smarter than anyone on mongolian basket weaving forums.

Why can't they do it.
>>
>>340108730
>>The last noteworthy IP was Pikmin in like 2002
>what is Splatoon
>>
As someone who hasn't been able to pick up Star Fox Zero yet, what was honestly wrong with it?
>>
File: mario pop.jpg (123 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
mario pop.jpg
123 KB, 467x700
They need 3rd party support. There's so much shit you can get on PlayStation and Xbox, but not Wii U. I appreciate that they tried to do something different with motion controls, but they need to shitcan that and go back to a traditional controller.
>>
>>340108697

For whatever reason, Kirby seems the least affected IP from current Nintendo.
>>
>>340108912
A cancerous meme that should not exist.

Again, the last QUALITY new ip was made in 2002.
>>
Nintendo is already dead to me.

Skyward Sword and Heroes was shit.
3D Land was not memorable.
NSMB shit is garbage.
Star Fox Zero was worse than a 64 game.

Tropical Dong was good? Also enjoyed Bayonetta 2.

They would have to launch with like 10 must have games for the NX for me to even consider them.
>>
>>340108697
>Kirby has a new mainline traditional game coming out soon.
Planet Robobot just came out worldwide anon
>>
File: Mario.jpg (3 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
Mario.jpg
3 KB, 323x323
>>340109143
A real 3d mario at the level of 64/Galaxy would be more than enough for me.

Will we ever see that though?
>>
File: 1411232146411.jpg (15 KB, 284x200) Image search: [Google]
1411232146411.jpg
15 KB, 284x200
I just want a console with a normal controller and games that "go there".
>>
>FYI She's an assist trophy! TROLLED ;) YOU MAD BRO? YOU MAD
Fuck Nintendo, I hope they die a fast but painful death.
>>
>>340108956

Major lack of content unless you still have a hard-on for collecting high score medals, which 90% of people don't give a shit about.

That's easily the largest flaw. Controls work fine once you get used to em, and while some people don't like it I enjoyed the all-range boss fights.
>>
>>340109314
What the fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>340104839
>memed out
Shitposter confirmed
And how could you forget Sun/moon?
>inb4 its shit
Casuals will eat it up all the same
>>
>>340104839
nintendo is going to start milking splatoon like there is no tomorrow
>splatoon kart: you throw ink to race against other squids.
>splatoon party: squids meets monopoly
>splatoon 2: splatoon 1 with new maps
>dance dance splatton: those squid idols in ddr
>splaTOON: mario paint with splatoon characters
>>
They seem to be quickly dying out after the direct where they announced the Wii U Paper Mario from what I've seen. I've been a huge Nintendo fan all of my life, but just looking at /v/ there doesn't even seem to be many threads up about Nintendo when before that direct half the board would be Nintendo.
>>
File: kimishimaE3.png (4 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
kimishimaE3.png
4 KB, 320x120
Nintendo did not prepare for the long term.

Milked the existing fan base at the expense of ignoring new gamers.

Few children give a shit about Zelda or Star Fox or Metroid and the brand hasn't been considered cool since the SNES.

The disrespect that Miyamoto has suffered as a result was disgusting. Like it's his fault Nintendo put out shit hardware.

This is why Nintendo wants to REINTRODUCE its IP to mainstream audiences by going the film route. The best decision they've made in years.
>>
File: neo nintendo.jpg (419 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
neo nintendo.jpg
419 KB, 920x920
They can still make good games every once in a while. It's too bad that, outside of Splatoon, no one seems to care.
>>
>>340104839
>>340105743
>>340106286

seek help. you people seem very unwell.

also nintendo is fine, but dont let that stop you from killing yourselves
>>
>>340112226
Two years ago this board was full of Nintendo cocksuckers. It's amazing how they've managed to fuck up so badly since then that even this place hates them now.
>>
>>340109290

>MUH REAL MARIO

Nintendo was right to axe "exploration" in Mario games, shit was just repetitive filler as you retreaded the hub world and gave excuses to rehash the same level 3-6 times in Galaxy games with minimal changes.
>>
>>340107551
well DUH

its like no one here grew up with the nes and snes
remember all the AMAZING FUCKING 3RD PARTY GAMES? yeah!

that was why the snes had such a huge thing also adding to great nintendo 1st party titles

also helps when, in the US at least, both ninty and sega were pretty even. both had great games that the other didn't, though genesis lacked HARD in no rpg's, especially no squaresoft rpgs. most multiplat were on a case by case basis

but look now, all the companies that made games that made you proud to own X system are dead, dying or just completely out of their fucking minds. im surprised gaming hasn't collapsed already in the last few years of shit titles.
>>
>>340109143
>skyward sword is shit
I got news for you bro, zelda has been shit since ocarina of time

and this is coming from a big nintendo lover here
>>
>>340106286
I actually didn't notice how old the gamecube is
you just scared me
>>
Honestly I want them to stop.

They keep on tricking me into buying their stupid console. And it's never worth the money in the end since they just release another one in a few years then remaster/resell their old games.

Nintendo, please die and be a 3rd party developer.

Thank you.
>>
>>340104839

>Nintendo since their beginnings has made more profit in gaming than their competitors
>Literally the first time a competitor out profits them
>NINTENDO IS DEAD, RIP NINTENDO 1889-2016

Stop.
>>
>>340114901
What competitor? Sega?

I just asked where you think things are going, after Nintendo's new interests.

I have made no claim to your claim good sir.
>>
I can't forgive them for ruining paper mario, and then made M&L shit too with paper jam.
>>
>>340104839
I hope Nintendo goes up in flames.
They deserve it for the way they've been treating their fans.
"Oh you want to stream our game? well you better give us a cut"
"Oh you want to use emulators to play old games we don't make available on newer systems? Thats illegal, just play the newer games"

Their next system will fail and they will be headed towards mobile, where they will only fall further.
>>
>>340116456
>"Oh you want to stream our game? well you better give us a cut"
That's for youtube videos, they don't monetize streaming.
>"Oh you want to use emulators to play old games we don't make available on newer systems? Thats illegal, just play the newer games"
What are you even talking about? Nintendo has the virtual console on both the Wii U and 3DS and still support it. Not to mention the old Wii Shop Channel is still up alongside its virtual console library.
>>
>>340104839
nintendo is going to become a sony third party very soon. its something i am looking forward to as not only will we finally have sony making sure nintendo comes out with great games but it will be the deathblow to microsoft and the xbox

remember this year bros this is the year sony gets the biggest wins in.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.