[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short Games Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: 1451117714288.png (543 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451117714288.png
543 KB, 1000x1000
what games have you been able to sit down and beat in a single sitting?
favorite short games?
just sat down and played through dragon warrior this morning, took about 8 hours and i loved it. will probably try to tackle 2 tomorrow
>>
File: UyQVhKc.jpg (98 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
UyQVhKc.jpg
98 KB, 720x960
Any of the MGS games (besides V) are grrat for single sittings
>>
File: max payne on steroids.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
max payne on steroids.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
Brothers
>>
File: JehutyZOE2.jpg (3 MB, 3402x4781) Image search: [Google]
JehutyZOE2.jpg
3 MB, 3402x4781
Zone of the Enders 1 and 2

Both take about 5 hours to complete the first time through. Neat stories/characters, fantastic combat with memorable bosses, great music, very replayable if you want to go for good ranks or fight the bosses again with the weapons you get later. A great ride if you want to finish a game in one sitting.

The second is better than the first, but don't just jump straight to 2. 1 is alright for what it is, it's just that 2 is amazing. But both are worth your time.
>>
>>340097270
Finished Asura's Wrath in about 6 hours. One of the best games I've played in a while. And I cried like a little bitch at the end.
>>
>>340097270
you're gonna struggle to finish dq2 in one day anon. Much longer than the first.
>>
>>340099004
are they really that short?
damn, i thought they might be more of an investment at a glance. I'll give it a go soon enough
>>
>>340100353
The second is probably closer to 7 hours, but they're definitely both finishable within a day.

They have some side content like unique missions and multiplayer so there's more to them as well but yeah, they're pretty short.
>>
File: 1446006410500.png (16 KB, 247x249) Image search: [Google]
1446006410500.png
16 KB, 247x249
>>340099365
>that dlc battle with ryu and akuma
first time i played through the game was with 2 bros overnight and we ended the playthrough with those 2 dlc episodes. What an intense ride
>>
>>340100506
what about going for platinum on the hd collection?
>>
>>340099513
well, i'm gonna have a lot of time to kill soon enough, so i'm looking to killing the first trilogy withing the next week
>>
>no Metal Slug

>no shmups whatsoever

Man I am mildly disappointed.
>>
File: 1447257437068.jpg (88 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
1447257437068.jpg
88 KB, 500x552
>>340100876
then why don't you fucking talk about some you cuntnugget, that's what the thread is for!
>>
File: 1463619692126.jpg (268 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1463619692126.jpg
268 KB, 560x560
Does speedrunning count?
>>
>>340101558
no, only short games that are short when played normally

such as Bleed, a great 2 hour shootemup that i fell in love with last month
>>
I got the rachet and clank into the nexus Plat in one sitting
>>
>>340100630
You don't want to for the first, it's pure torture because one fight grade requires you to do an earlier fight AND its own fight near perfectly. I gave up.

The second would take several playthroughs, so couldn't be done easily in one day without a lot of guidance, but wouldn't take forever. I nearly have it and will get to it at some point.
>>
>>340097270
I like playing any of the first 3 Mega Man X games in a single sitting every here and there. Times I try to collect everything, others I don't.

Turtles in Time is probably another one.
>>
>>340097270
to the moon, about 4-5 hours
>>
ICO is ok for this. I replayed in a sitting a while back and it was just as magical as I had hoped
>>
>>340103761
Thought about playing this, but didnt know if it was just more rpg maker cancer, only saw LPers playing it
>>
OFF comes to mind. the gameplay isn't revolutionary, but it has cool music, atmosphere and designs.
>>
>>
>>340104715
it's an SNES walking simulator but the story is actually good
>>
Kirby superstar
>Childhood
>Got Superstar
>Me and my friend finished it in one sitting
>Was amazing
>Took us about 10 hours
> Actually had to take my SNES to his house in the middle of playing since we were sleeping over his house and we still wanted to play
We are still best friends today
>>
>>340105496
Thats pretty cool, anon
>>
>>340105107
Man, i've really wanted to play that game, is it freeware or do you need to pay out for it?
>>
>>340097270
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
>>
Provided you know what you're doing, you can burn through a lot of games in a day.

Pretty much every arcade game is designed to be 30-60 minutes, and that usually translates to a lot of NES games as well.

All the PS1 resident evils, dino crisis, and dino crisis 2 can be beaten in an afternoon.

Dead Space 1-3 can all be beaten in 5-9 hours.

You can beat pretty much all the god of wars in around 8.

Until Dawn and Murdered Soul suspect are like 5 hour games

I beat Space Marine, and most of the unchartds at around the 6-8 hour mark.

Pikmin is an 8 hour game
>>
>>340105746
it's free, dude. give it a shot, it's a fun ride. it has some nice puzzles and some neat secrets. I really liked it
>>
>>340097270
Tales of Symphonia and Xenoblade Chronicles are some of my favorites
>>
Bastion and Transistor are pretty good for one sitting.

>>340105209
I could never beat the underwater tunnel level boss. I should maybe give it another try. Still a lot of fun up to that point especially with a friend.
>>
>>340106025
>Pretty much every arcade game is designed to be 30-60 minutes, and that usually translates to a lot of NES games as well.
This was a weirdly harsh reality when I tried marathoning some of my favourite nes games. What was supposed to be a long all nighter of retro fun turned out to be a few hours.
>>
short game? no
one sitting? no

but i played wasteland 2 for 17 hours straight when it came out
>>
File: 61u0hx98vgl.jpg (24 KB, 610x324) Image search: [Google]
61u0hx98vgl.jpg
24 KB, 610x324
Got this off the newest Humble Bundle. It reminded me of what happens when go in with zero expectations and an open heart, and let a game surprise me.

>Bribe the FUCK out of captains and drivers to depart sooner
>Get kidnapped by nuns in Madras
>Ditch luggage because there's not enough room on the mechanical carriage
>Almost die of heatstroke crossing the Sahara
>Attempt and fail a mutiny enroute to San Francisco
>Travel on a moving city

It's like an old CYOA game but you also have to plot out the course, manage personal finances, buy/sell resources, and converse with the locals in order to find the quickest way to the next stop. You don't even have to follow the path laid out in the books, you can go anywhere.
>>
>>340106025
Dude, i watched my friend casually achieve near WR glitchless speedrun times on super mario sunshine one night without even trying cause he likes that game so much
I have no idea why he doesnt speedrun publicly
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.