[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they get away with this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: mw2.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mw2.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
How did they get away with this?
>>
came out before SJW's
>>
>>340093957
It took me years to realize he meant no speaking russian, guess not being a native english speaker gives you some hiccups
>>
>>340094169

But SJWs don't care about violence, they care about token minorities and muh soggy knee.
>>
>>340094351
I feel so stupid, because I'm a native English speaker and I literally only just got it.
>>
>>340094516
All characters pictured are straight cisgendered white males.
>>
>>340093957
An option given at the beginning of campaign that warns you of this scene and you can choose to play it or skip the entire scene altogether.
>>
>>340093957
It was a really fun level and it wasn't trying to replicate a specific attack or anything. It was just a generic terrorist attack with CIA participation. You can literally walk into hospitals in GTA IV and punch sick people to death and kill 100 cops. This was nothing compared to that.
>>
>>340095120

They never force you to kill civilians in GTA, and massacres in GTA games always feel goofy and fun, while that MW2 mission played it completely straight and was very well made.
>>
The whole controversy around it was manufactured to drive sales. The level itself adds nothing to the game.
>>
>>340095410
You can technically not kill any civilians in No Russian too
>>
>>340095427

>MW2
>needing controversy to sell

It was the golden age of COD and everyone and their mother was about to buy it regardless.
>>
>>340095410
You aren't forced to kill civilians in MW2 either.

You can play through that whole section without killing anyone unarmed
>>
>>340095427
Except providing the spark that ignited the conflict between Russia and the US which is literally the entire game...
>>
Jesus this level, back when devs had balls. Thank you based infinity ward
>>
>>340095427
It kick starts the plot though
>>
>>340095410
That mission was so effective because of the atmosphere – no music, only the sound of gunshots and distant screams.

>>340095570
I'm pretty sure your handlers will shoot you if you don't kill any civillians
>>
>>340093957
By shooting lots of people.
>>
>>340096043
They shoot you either way, that's the whole point
>>
>>340094351
What did you think he meant? Don't shoot Russians?
>>
>tfw World at War was the only COD game that deserved a "disturbing content" warning at the beginning and all the others were just shock value
>>
>>340095768
They also had a commerical calling people who complained about greandes fags. Quite literally.

BC ad campaings were pretty funny too.

This level was a waste of time, and it included a TRIGGER WARNING too, fucking pathetic.
>>
>>340094784
Russians aren't White.
>>
>>340097596
>t. Shaquiasha Al Osiris
>>
>>340097596
You're right they're Asian.
>>
>>340097596
Yes they are. They're not Caucasian or Germanic that's true, but their skin certainly is what we commonly refer to as white.

White doesn't mean "Germanic and Caucasian", Williams.
>>
>>340097759
>>t.cyka blyatson
>>340097472
I dunno, graphics are nowhere near realistic to cause a real impact. Not to mention it says M on the cover, I am not sure why some parents INSIST on getting their kids these sort of games.

On the other hand M games tend to be offensively immature, and childish for a an actual adult mind.

For example name truly disturbing shit in videogames, I can only count Rising Storm / Red Orchestra blood curling screams.
>>
>>340093957
Murrka loves gratuitous violence.

So long as it is not sexual you can put as much depravity into a game as you want.
>>
>>340098279
This came close to both aspects
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3M9fQ4mR0g

Why some societies get triggered by boobies, and other get ass shattered by the sight of a handgun?
>>
File: woIyPy3.gif (4 MB, 298x320) Image search: [Google]
woIyPy3.gif
4 MB, 298x320
>>340094169
this game still comes out
>>
>>340094351
i can't believe that's the reason. i thought i was a play on words on 'rushing' and 'russian'
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.