[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so underrated? It was literally a love letter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: webofshadows.jpg (546 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
webofshadows.jpg
546 KB, 1280x960
Why is this game so underrated?
It was literally a love letter to Spider-Man fans.
>>
Black suit edgelord ending is best ending.
>>
File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
Why is this game so underrated?
It was literally a love letter to Spider-Man fans.

Web of Edginess was shit
>>
>>340083595
Web of Shadows, Shattered Dimensions, and Edge of Time are all very underrated and very good.
>>
Beenox games are average as fuck.
>>
>>340083595
This one has way better voice acting
>>
>>340082870
The handheld version was superior because it was a Metroid-Like game.
>>
Web of Shadows is actually really good for web swinging. It feels like every time I play I find some new maneuver. My only complaint is I wish you could jump higher, and maybe run a bit faster.
>>
Why are you so obsessed with this fairly broken game? You've been making constant threads about it for years.
>>
>>340082870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPBMxeCXXjg
>>
>>340082870
>tfw Catwoman throws you the pussy but you're married to justice
>>
>>340083595
It was kinda boring really.

I remember giving up at the part of black suit spidey fighting electro.

The combat was typical mashing beat em up.
>>
Have to admit this game had the best combat for a Spider-Man game so far. Which is sad. Even if the VA's was horrible and it ran awful on consoles. Was a fun game combat made it look neat to try off different moves that weren't just Y > Y all the time.
>>
I haven't played a Spider-Man game in ages, I just remember Spider Man 2 on PS2 being a game that the next few failed to live up to.

Is it still the king?
>>
>>340085259
It ran awful on PC too. One of the worst ports I've ever played. What was so good about the combat? IIRC it was just mashing X and then hitting Y at the right time to launch an enemy into the air. Fairly passable melee combat is still not enough compensation for completely fucking up the web swinging mechanics.
>>
>>340085479
Ultimate is just as good.
>>
>>340085479
Ultimate is pretty good.
>>
File: 1442504054169.jpg (12 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1442504054169.jpg
12 KB, 268x265
>still no spidermangame open world new york without skyswing for nextgen
Spiderman 2 was the best game yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y
>>
>>340085715
Just the fact that it looked nice and flashy was good enough. Plus you could actually kick enemies from the ground from swinging into the air and having wall combat made wall crawling not suck.
>>
>>340083595
>there will never be a spiderman noir stand alone game
why even bother living?
>>
>>340085479
Ultimate is pretty good but the combat is less in-depth than 2's The trade off is fucking around as Venom
>>
Underrated? Maybe.

Still a rough and flawed game. I have a soft spot for it, but calling it a good game is pushing it.
>>
>>340083595
That game is shit. It's literally chase boss->fight minions->fight boss->chase boss->more minions->fight boss recover piece->repeat with next spidy
The only thing good about this game was the the art style, and the deadpool level with the massive wave.
The game becomes boring real quick.
>>
>>340085846
There is anon. It's called Batman Arkham Asylum/City
>>
do any of these new SM games have good web-swinging like Spiderman 2 or Ultimate spiderman?
>>
>>340085479
Spiderman 2 is still the best spiderman game. Best missions, best movement, best skill tree, best map.

No game has yet to live up to it.
>>
Any news on the rumored Sucker Punch spider-man game?
>>
>>340086509
No. Some idiots kept saying that ASM2 did but it's still cloud swinging. The only ones that pulled it off were SM2, USM, and partially SM3
>>
Probably the worst game I've ever played.
>>
File: 1450095447178.jpg (83 KB, 799x517) Image search: [Google]
1450095447178.jpg
83 KB, 799x517
>>340086850
thats what I figured. Probably kus the guy who coded the swinging had it patented or something. He cant use it to make another spiderman game so he made some shitty indie game with the same code but it will never go anywhere.
>>
>>340082870
has anyone tried http://store.steampowered.com/app/378070 ?
Apperantly it´s by the dev who did the swinging mechanics for spiderman 2
>>
>>340087739
>Early Access Game

Haha. Fuck that.
>>
>>340087290
Can you really patent anchored swinging in a video game? Didn't the Bionic Commando reboot have something similar?
>>
>>340088039
>>340087290
Uncharted 4 has good swinging mechanics too.
>>
>>340088539
Web of Shadows has good swinging, it just hooks on the air next to things and has a speed cap, but it's pretty high.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.