[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /v/. I was checking one of my local stores lately and ran
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14
File: cover.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
Dear /v/.

I was checking one of my local stores lately and ran into Fallout 4 50% off.

But, I sadly missed the shitstorm around its release and all.

Can I ask you, dear /v/ - is it really as bad as everyone says? Basically barely holding together bullshit plot, with no real exploration, barely any RPG elements left and no chance for real gamebreaking mods?

Thank you for replies, like always.
>>
>>340075229
I'm having a spot of fun with survival mode but otherwise it just feels kinda mediocre. My friend bought me the season pass so I can't complain too much I guess
>>
Anybody else?

Does the game even improve in any way, when treated with mods?
>>
>>340076837

FO4 is not bad, people are just angsty teenarges rebelling against a white wall. It's a much better waste of your time than many other games nowadays.

Basically, play as vanilla as you can on 1st playthrough, use only QOL mods and the like

Leave game for 6 months, come back, install all the mods and play again the way you want

So, how to play every bethesda game ever.
>>
>>340077176

>Basically, play as vanilla as you can on 1st playthrough, use only QOL mods and the like

Last time I tried playing Beth game vanilla was with Oblivion. That lasted for one hour, until I got mad with how ugly it looked like and how shitty the UI was.

>Leave game for 6 months, come back, install all the mods and play again the way you want

How are the mods right now? Any true fixes for gameplay or only cosmetic ones?

I mean, Skyrim got mods bringing back attributes or fixing economy and getting rid of leveling lists. Did F4 received similar changes or they are yet to come?
>>
>>340077529
Right now? shit I dont know, I'm currently waiting for the mods to brew and enrich, as I played the game late 2015. However at launch there were some sweet mods such as
>Expand dialog to remove Mass Effect wheel
>Ultra HD textures, none of that lowrez crap
>The unofficial patch, fixing bethesda's bugs since always
>Other minor qol mods

All of those still count as vanilla. But hey, feel free to loosen up your definition to fit more mods. And don't even think of using the ingame mod menu, that shit's cancer. Nexus Mods is where it's at.
>>
Really just depends what you want out of it

>Basically barely holding together bullshit plot
Yep the plot is total shit and there's only a few memorable side quests and very few quests overall
>no real exploration
Eh, there's a fair amount of stuff to explore but it starts getting old pretty fast and there's not really anything to do at the locations but kill shit and loot
>barely any RPG elements left
Pretty much none
>no chance for real gamebreaking mods
Dunno about mods, I haven't touched it in months

If you're looking for an RPG look the other way. I put a good amount of time into it before getting fed up with the repetitive go-here-kill-shit-loot-it gameplay. That being said the gunplay is pretty good
>>
>>340078138

>there's not really anything to do at the locations but kill shit and loot

I kinda heard worrysome things like how your character skills dont really matter, because if you dont have lockpicking at high level, there is always route for hacking, btu in the end, it is all like cheap MMO aka "get in, grab whatever you can, shoot whoever you can, get out".

Just wanted to check out, if it is really that bad.
>>
File: 1452904236139.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452904236139.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>340075229
It's fun, don't expect anything smart, still Bethesda

Not much replayability though
>>
File: FO4 Review Summary.png (1005 KB, 1279x675) Image search: [Google]
FO4 Review Summary.png
1005 KB, 1279x675
>>340075229

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp61CWg8XY0
>>
>>340078569
The one other thing I got was the feeling of being in the wrong place when exploring. Lemme explain

Since almost all locations that are more or less big are part of some quest, if you go somewhere not on a quest you risk missing out on the cool scripted stuff that would happen if you were following a quest, or even spoiling yourself the quest, or having to go back to places you've alredy been. Dunno why but I didn't get this feeling in Skyrim. Prolly cause Skyrim had a much bigger world map. Seriously Fallout4 is TINY
>>
Game 4 is a shooter with Fallount references. It's not a Fallout game by an means.
>>
File: dogm8.png (763 KB, 714x696) Image search: [Google]
dogm8.png
763 KB, 714x696
>>340075229

By the sounds of you reddit-tier post, I'd guess you started with 3, in which case you'll love this later summer shooter hit.

If you actually care about Fallout as a series, you'll hate it.
>>
File: 1464539539531.png (3 MB, 1417x1053) Image search: [Google]
1464539539531.png
3 MB, 1417x1053
>>340077529
>ugly it looked like and how shitty the UI was
Wow, how do you even play games? Also, oblivion looks fine, its really just the potato faces, there are mods for that now though if you still have the game.
There are plenty of mods though, quite a few gun mods already that high quality, like the mac 11 mod, better storms, any one of the few nude body mods.
>>
File: king kek.jpg (29 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
king kek.jpg
29 KB, 292x257
>>340079687

>follow the arrow on the bottom left of the screen is good game design
>>
File: atomatits6.jpg (138 KB, 716x722) Image search: [Google]
atomatits6.jpg
138 KB, 716x722
>are there any good mods
>>
>>340075229
Don't expect much of an rpg. If it's half off, it might be worth you while. Plot's kind of meh. If you like loot n' shoot, then go for it.
>>
File: ScreenShot378.jpg (181 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot378.jpg
181 KB, 1280x800
>>340079245

>By the sounds of you reddit-tier post, I'd guess you started with 3, in which case you'll love this later summer shooter hit.

I was laughing at posts like this at first, but lately I want to punch people saying this in the face.

I started with Fallout 2, when I was like 13 years old (yes, I played 18+ game as 13 years old), then played Fallout 1.

I did had some fun with F3 but least of whole series and only with large portion of mods, so it had at least some atmosphere.

>hurr reddit

What made this post "reddit-like" on your opinion, anyway?
>>
>>340075229
It's not nearly as bad as people are saying it is. If it didn't have the name "Fallout" people wouldn't get as bitchy

Most of the people that hate this game are Obisidots and hate the fact that Bethesda took their favorite franchise (which at the time was dead anyway) and revived into something different. The world has shown that they prefer Beth's Fallout (3D FPS with RPG mechanics).

50% off? Definitely get it
>>
>>340080441
>world has shown that they prefer Beth's Fallout (3D FPS with RPG mechanics).

Which is sad, because New Vegas was leagues ahead of Fallout 3, in every single way.
>>
>>340079869
Can you name 5 games released after like 2006 that don't do this which aren't in corridors.
I also never said that. Quest markers aren't even related to the ui, only in that they show up on your compass.
>>
>>340080728

>i STARTED WITH f2 which is why I totally didn't think 3 was complete garbage

>What made this post "reddit-like" on your opinion, anyway?
>Can I ask you, dear /v/
>>
>>340080956

Gothic 2
TW3
MGSV
>>
>>340080986

And because I dared not to start with certain game in series, you will automatically thinks that my opinion is shit, right? Even if I always place F1 over F2 and over 3D Fallouts, while NV over F3 in any aspect.

Sometimes I forget how autistic people can be.
>>
>>340081151
Did you even play the tw3 or mgs5? I haven't played gothic so I don't know.
>>
>>340075229
Don't pick it up now
If you haven't already picked it up get it super cheap in a steam sale with all dlc in two years or whatever.
>>
>>340081395

Not him but MGSV was a bad choice, but TW3 has the best open-world to date.
>>
File: image.gif (939 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
939 KB, 400x330
Buy it OP, the first run is amazing and if you do everything you can get 75 - 100 hours of gameplay before your bored. Is not as good as NV, but its a good game. Or you can want for the GOTY version with all the DLC. Your choice, but dont miss this amazing game
>>
File: 20160527213843_1.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160527213843_1.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
>>340081528
That doesn't mean it doesn't have quest markers and I agree.

lrn2comprehendm8
>>
File: Cheeseburger Walrus.jpg (44 KB, 495x451) Image search: [Google]
Cheeseburger Walrus.jpg
44 KB, 495x451
>>340081559
>amazing

>THIS GUY WAS AMAZED
>AMAZED by Fallout 4
>>
>>340075229
>Can I ask you, dear /v/ - is it really as bad as everyone says? Basically barely holding together bullshit plot, with no real exploration, barely any RPG elements left and no chance for real gamebreaking mods?

It's an excellent game. Huge environment to explore, lots of meaningful choices, and interesting mods. Whether you like the plot is just your own taste.
>>
>>340081989
Please find me someone who liked the plot and can explain why they liked it.
>>
>>340082489
I liked it because I could ignore it

Fucking excellent 10/10
>>
>>340075229
There's not much variety in how you want to build your character like Skyrim and controls got that sweet Bethesda clunkiness.

Honestly, I can't move myself to give this game another play.
>>
>>340078754

so far this review is pretty spot on
>>
>>340081498

Interesting idea, just that I would rather wait for such "all DLC in" package at local shops.

Living in Poland sadly means that "AAA" games on Steam are big no, with 60 EUR prices and such 4,5PLN=1EUR
>>
To elaborate on what done other anons are talking about with the lack of exploration:
There's a fair number of locations, but in most every case there's nothing to do but shoot everything that moves, loot, and move on. As they have said all ready.
The post that's bothersome though, is this happens in places where it doesn't make sense for the area to be hostile.
Combat Zone, for instance. It's basically a Fight Club. You walk in the door, and in the entrance there's rules posted on the wall(keep your weapons holstered, no caps, no entry, etc.) And even some raiders tied up for breaking the rules. You get inside the building proper, however, and the entire building basically goes," Oh fuck! A not raider! And immediately shoots at you. Completely removing the possibility of you participating in the combat zone in any way, be it betting, quests, or actually fighting in the pit yourself.
The same exact thing happens at a racetrack near Boston Airport. Just," He's not a raider, kill him!" Even though in notes you find on site they're worried about not making enough money from bets in the first place.
Gunners, a Mercenary band, have zero interaction with you, other than to shoot at you. Which is ridiculous. They're mercenaries. They fight for money, shouldn't you be able to hire them? Or maybe work for/with them?

The list goes on.
TL;DR: If you're looking for an RPG, this isn't for you. If you want to shoot and loot, and maybe do some poorly optimized building? It's worth it if it's on sale and if you can get the DLC for cheap.
>>
File: autocorrect you bastard.png (84 KB, 250x256) Image search: [Google]
autocorrect you bastard.png
84 KB, 250x256
>>340084719
I'm not going to bother to correct all those autocorrect typos.
>>
>>340075229
Are you by any chance gay? You seem gay.
>>
>>340078754
Thank you I love hour long reviews.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 267x200
>>340081952
What games are you amazed for? Hentai Simulator mk. 3? Learn to see the good things and dont focus on the bad, no game is gonna be perfect
>>
>>340085359

No, but Im often mistaken online for a girl.
>>
>>340075229
It's really just meh.

It, like both 3 and NV, has an expansive world that can get really immersive if you let it.

However, everything looks like plastic and it's roleplaying is severely limited by the dialog wheel, lack of options other than shoot n loot, and the main character having a voice.

>>340084719
Has some great examples of your limited options.

I honestly couldn't even finish it and I was able to finish both 3 and NV twice.
>>
>>340086820

>main character having a voice

This was such a disgusting decision.

Why people insisted on that anyway? It feels like watching somebody else story rather than making your own that way.
>>
>>340086820
>>340088434
I really don't get why people get so trigger over the main character having a voice. It didn't bother me at all and actually headed to the game in cases like the Silver Shroud quest.

I disagree about no roleplaying either. My friend was a die-hard Brotherhood of Steel fanboy, killing sense and all that. I sided with the Institute and was more of a frail scientist character.
>>
>>340075229
buggy as shit, full of paradoxes and awful graphics. play it for an hour then play mgsv. theyre worlds apart. failout is halfassed shit that bethesda shouldnt be able to get away with releasing
>>
>>340089559

>then play mgsv

But those are different genres.
>>
>>340090249
irrelevant. mgsv runs smoothly. failout runs at 1 potato per second. its pathetic
>>
>>340089323
There's less differentiating aspects of character basically
>>
>>340080256
Reddit spacing
>>
>>340090435
This desu
>>
>>340075229
It's a half decent well-made fps but don't expect anything more really.
>>
Fallout 4 is fucking trash.

And I liked Skyrim and Fallout 3.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.