[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stand near someone >they instantly want to beat you to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: GTAV-Review.jpg (602 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GTAV-Review.jpg
602 KB, 1280x720
>stand near someone
>they instantly want to beat you to death
Is this how things are in America?
>>
No. That's how things are in Britain.
>>
>>340052994
yes
>>
i was surprised at how inaccurate GTA V's portrayal was. especially after GTA IV which hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>340054823
GTAIV was fucking depressing.

if that's what America is like then no wonder there are so many suicides
>>
>>340052994
just LA
>>
>>340052994
That doesn't happen
>>
>>340054928
no, new york is a hoppin' town. not depressing at all. i was talking about the pedestrians, they act like real new yorkers.
>>
>>340054928
gta 4 is new york city with added dreariness and a lack of anything that makes living in the city interesting

the united states is the most varied country in the world. if you don't like one part, there's a lot more to see
>>
GTAV is garbage and the player base is 99% cancer
>>
At first i hated the cops for being super aggressive and over powered. But then i remember that the game is satire and it all made more sense.

>gta iv
>cops were viewed as fat stupid lazy

>gta v
>cops are viewed as vicious irrational killing machines
>>
>>340052994
My first experience with this game is walking around a gas station as the black dude and getting the cops called on me by a couple of white chicks. I thought that was amusing.

Then I realized it happened to every character every time. If you just loiter around someone, they'll either call the cops or pick a fight. It is based on LA, though. I'm not sure how things work there.
>>
>>340055493
git gud
>>
>>340052994
POORLY CODED
>>
>>340055493
There's nothing difficult about cops. It's the assholes shooting at You from the helicopters that become a problem.
>>
>>340052994
only if youre white
>>
>>340055516
First time I played I pulled up my car outside ammu-nation, and some of the people standing around outside ran off screaming, and two became hostile and attacked me.
>>
>>340054928

new york city fucking sucks

they got it PERFECT
>>
>>340055613
>nothing difficult
>shooting you from 600 meters with a pistol while you're mid-air is fair
>multiply that by how much cops there are since they appear out of nowhere and have super senses and out drive the fastest cars
>>
>>340052994
It's how things would be if the world was populated by 12-year-old assholes.
>>
>>340056054

Jealous hick detected

NY is the cultural center of America, faggot. Deal with it.
>>
>>340052994
>Get hydra
>The moment I take off everyone on the server tries to shoot you down.

Are people just that mad I have a jet and they are poor?
>>
>>340056849
Don't forget their pinpoint accuracy when they shoot through the windows of your car, hitting you multiple times even when you're driving at top speed. It feels like 100% armor doesn't do shit a lot of the time
>>
>>340057357
It's a shit hole son, not even worth defending.
>>
>>340056849
learn to drive. i haven't been killed by a patrol officer since 2013, only SWAT can kill me.
>>
>>340057682
never been, have ya?
>>
>>340056849

Dont forget:
>Lightly tapping a police car or standing near a cop too long is an automatic death sentence
>Speeding up faster than you can possibly go and rear-ending you into a ridiculous spin-out
>Pulling ahead of you and input reading allowing them to be in-sync with your movements and block you from driving past them
>Silently stab someone on a secluded mountain top and a cop will show up within a minute in a vehicle completely unfit for driving up a mountain.

I dont mind the cops being OP cause thats the game and its funny but I wish there was a cheat to turn them off.
>>
>>340052994
>stand next to someone
>the call the cops
>just by bumping a police car you get slapped with a wanted level
>cops spawn in the fucking mountains if you kill an animal despite having no witnesses
>in this game they have precognition and start snaking you
>the fucking helicopters
>can't lose a 4 or 5 star wanted level unless you're underground in a subway tunnel, even that isn't guaranteed
>they somehow develope Hawkeye tier precision and can snipe you or all 4 of your tires no matter how fast you drive
>can also outrace a fucking supercar
>>
I wish this game had more normal cop chases. Just like 8+ regular cops not shooting at you and no helicopters. Would be fun.
>>
>>340057926
I've been there several times because my cousin lives there. It's a fucking overpriced shit hole.
>>
>>340057627
Preemptive self defense. Vast majority of hydra users just want to do strafing runs on people dicking around
>>
File: ieniemienie.jpg (82 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
ieniemienie.jpg
82 KB, 700x714
>>340052994
My biggest gripe with GTAV is the cheats. Why is there no menu for them anymore? Instead we get these obnoxious button inputs. Why is there a time limit on the invincibility cheat? Who thought that was necessary or more fun than endless invincibility? They should be fired.

If you're going to put cheat codes in your game, don't do this half-cheat bullshit with limitations, it's stupid.
>>
>>340057627
Nope it's more like
>haha he has a jet
>lets shoot it down

They don't need a reason to shoot it down because most players are just asshats. I only attempt to shoot down a jet when he's trying to fuck with me.
>>
GTA 5's AI is in every single way, inferior to GTA 4's AI. GTA 4's damage indicators and physics were also better than 5's some how, despite there being a whole 5 years of development between them. Honestly, I thought they would take everything they had implemented in Red Dead + GTA 4 + Max Payne 3 to make an incredible GTA game, but it seems like they took nothing they had learned and developed from previous games.

Why does no one react if I shoot them in the ankle, except to fall over and die? Why can't I shoot the guns out of anyone's hand? Why don't people limp/grab their arm if I shoot it? Why does no one try and make a conversation with me on the street? In GTA 4 and in SA, people would make comments about how you dressed or what you were doing as you walked and you could respond positively or negatively. You could also shit talk pedestrians as they walked by or compliment them with a single keystroke. Was it necessary to the core gameplay? No, but it made the cities actually feel alive.
>>
File: artificial_difficulty.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
artificial_difficulty.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>340055613
>meanwhile
>>
>>340057956
>a cheat to turn them off
>tfw no lobbies without ludicrous, infinite cops
>>
>>340057357
There has been an active effort glorify some of the shittiest aspects of the city over the years, while those same aspects have been systematically purged through gentrification and commercialization, to the point that the quintessential "new york experience" is now just a synthetic commercial version of itself sold to tourists at crazy prices, while the day-to-day living experience of NYC has become increasingly sanitized and generic.

Also it always smells like piss.
>>
>>340055425
i always wanted to be the 1%
>>
Anyone else frustrated about how completely pointless 60% of the map actually was?

You've got a bunch of mountain ranges with nothing in them, a military base which you have no reason to visit and countless buildings that could've had content tied to them that don't. Not only that, but LS is so small that the ghetto is just a few corners away from the financial district.

V might have a better setting, but IV has better map design.
>>
>>340055425
Better than IV in every way
>>
File: 357456875484.jpg (14 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
357456875484.jpg
14 KB, 600x450
>>340058584
>>340058364
>Tfw they try everything to shoot me down
>Tfw even getting jets of their own and still failing while i out pilot them at the city centre skyscrappers and watching them crash into the buildings.

Tfw they have to force kill me with mods
>>
>>340058750
what am i looking at here
>>
>>340052994
>>340055493
>what is satire?
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 152x185) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 152x185
>the chopper stealing mission
>the military aircraft
>keeps shooting me down despite trying to dodge
>tfw you blew it up with the grenade launcher and flew out without any issues
Anything can be solved with heavy weapons. No shitty chases for me.
>>
>>340059749
>what is mission design?
>what is story structure?
>what are physics?
>what is police AI?
>what is hand to hand combat?
>what are driving controls?
>what is writing?
>what is map design?

V is the worst 3D GTA, bar none.
>>
File: 123432.png (522 KB, 607x607) Image search: [Google]
123432.png
522 KB, 607x607
>>340052994
>s this how things are in America?
You mean in the whole world?
>>
>>340060372
When a cop car bumps your rear during a chase your wheels automatically turn fully to the left or right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qUJc20yu28
All these issues still exist in the next gen and PC versions
>>
File: fasdf.jpg (175 KB, 642x857) Image search: [Google]
fasdf.jpg
175 KB, 642x857
just realized it has been THREE years since gta 5, holy FUCK time just flies by like a fly
>>
>>340058712
I want to see the gta V apologists responding to this post :^)
>>
>>340058230
it's overpriced because a lot of rich people live there. it's not even close to being a shithole. there's more to do than any other city i've been to.
>>
>>340060827
But all these things are better in V. I don't know what you're trying to say anon-kun
>>
>>340061036
don't remind me, i'm closer to the 30s than 20s now

if i cannot get my shit together in this last four years i'm gonna hang myself
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.