[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw. Hard mode: No Boggly Woods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: TTYD.jpg (34 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
TTYD.jpg
34 KB, 250x349
Find a flaw.

Hard mode: No Boggly Woods
>>
Obscene amounts of backtracking. Boggly Woods wasn't even difficult. I never got the complaints when I played through the first time.
>>
>>340042242
Literally nothing
>>
>>340042242
First chapter kinda sucked too.
Also finding that fucking guy to get to the moon and all that shitty backtracking for the sake of padding was awful.

>>340042352
Nobody dislikes Boogly because it was hard, everyone dislikes it because it is fucking boring as hell.
>>
That one dungeon was like 3 minutes long
>>
Everything but the Pit was pretty easy considering how amazing items were
>>
too much talking.
especially at thee beginning of the 4th star (or was it 3rd?)
I think there's like a full hour of walking around town talking to people, with zero battles.
>>
>>340042487
Atleast Boogly had cool music
>>
>>340042713
>Using items on anything besides the gordos
>>
>>340042242
Each chapter was kind of underwhelming compared to the first game and even the fun chapters have something that ruin it like with the train having to go through that building halfway through.
Paper Mario on nintendo 64 was consistently good but when the thousand year door was good it was usually better.
>>
>>340042242
Side quests
They're all tedious fetch quests, and the rewards are mostly not worth it
Wait, people hate Boggly Woods?
>>
>>340042242
The only actual FLAWS i can figure out is>>340043131
the part with the building really breaks the flow of the chapter, Solving some troubles were also more of a hassle than fun, And were barely worth doing half the time.
>>
>>340043382
People hate Boggly because it has the worst companion and the entire thing is really boring since barely anything happens.
>>
>>340043564
>disliking THICC

Get out.
>>
>>340043564
>really boring since barely anything happens
I thought it was fine, never got bored or anything
>>
>>340042242
They took the nice, convenient unlocking sewer travel system from Paper Mario, and fucked it up. If you're going to have to back track, don't make travel a chore.
You can't enter doors or talk to people while on Yoshi.
Yoshi should be able to either jump as high as you do, or through the story he gets fed enough and grows up (like they do in Super Mario World) and then be able to jump mario's height.

The battle system itself, the badges, the leveling, those are all fun and I wish the rest of the game wasn't a chore. I'll replay SMRPG and Paper Mario before I go back to TTYD
>>
>>340042242
You can redo the arena matches for fun whenever:
>If you picked anyone other than yoshi, you're fucked because the game still requires you to kill the invincible enemies.
>>
Literally every chapter aside from the first two and the last chapter has a major flaw. I can't be bothered to type it all out again so just check the archives.
>>
A lot of backtracking and filler was added to lengthen the game way more than it should have.

Give me a puzzle to solve is fine. But when you tell me the final jigsaw piece is inside my nextdoor neighbor's house on top of his table and the only way to get it was to mow his lawn with the lawnmower of my other neighbor which I could only get if I washed his car and I had to drive to the store for carwax but my wallet is lost somewhere in my house.

WE HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM
>>
>>340044458
This is how I feel replaying the game, I just wish I was playing paper Mario 64 instead.
>>
>>340042242

The game would be garbage without Chapter 3
>>
First part of the moon chapter when you're looking for captain white or whatever
>>
>>340044867
The last chapter has this stupid shit where you have to find the Bob omb. It was funny at first but it's stupid as hell when you replay the game
>>
>>340042242
Not enough diversity
>>
>>340042242
its not as good as PM64

Goombario>Goombella
>>
chapters 1 and 5 are way, way too similar to chapters 1 and 5 in paper mario 64. i felt like i was doing almost the same thing all over again
>>
File: I swear to fucking God ....png (67 KB, 372x336) Image search: [Google]
I swear to fucking God ....png
67 KB, 372x336
>>340044458
>I can't be bothered to type it all out again so just check the archives
>>
>>340045005
>>340045057
Everything about the game kind of felt like it was trying to emulate the first one too closely.
>>
>>340042242

glitz pit and the train are literally the only good chapters, all the others are a tedious pain in the ass to play
>>
64 doesn't have a bad chapter.

TTYD's only good chapters are 3 and 6.
>>
>>340045140
>tfw reading the diary

welp
>>
File: 1385901126992.png (234 KB, 840x708) Image search: [Google]
1385901126992.png
234 KB, 840x708
>>340044897
>>340045005
>>340045057
>PM64 > PM TTYD
/v/ finally gets it
>>
>>340045063
If you've been on /v/ for longer than a week, you've probably seen it before. I'm also on my phone at the moment so I'm not going to type it all out again on this shitty keyboard.
>>
>>340045256
PM64 was fine theme wise of the Chapters. But the gameplay was lacking.
>>
>>340045242
>actually reading the diary
absolute madman
>>
>>340045209
Chapter 6 was pretty annoying, overall PM64 had much better chapters than TTYD.
>>
>>340045209

shy guy toybox was fucking awful. and hell, it even had a shitload of backtracking
>>
>>340045583
Shy guys toy box was short enough though that it wasn't really annoying, and toad town being over run with shy guys was funny as a kid so I'm nostalgic for it. I'm just nostalgic for the whole game desu so I'm biased
>>
File: pmttydwoods2.png (459 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pmttydwoods2.png
459 KB, 640x480
>>340042242

Boggly Woods was such a disappointment for me. The forest you start out in is BEAUTIFUL, its like this otherwordly photo negative. And yet most of the chapter takes place in that boring ass tree. Why wouldn't the whole chapter have taken place in that forest?
>>
>>340045797
The only thing that really annoyed me about this chapter was that you have to fight every enemy because the little guys run scared. It's annoying
>>
The train chapter is way later than you remember
>>
>>340044961

Yea. Like, they should at least have it so you can just skip all that bullshit if you know where to find him.
>>
The prequel was better
They're both 10/10 though
Not really a flaw of its own
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.