[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fire Emblem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: fireemblem.jpg (377 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
fireemblem.jpg
377 KB, 1200x630
i really, really like tactical RPGs but i have never played a single fire emblem game, mainly because none of the last few games have been on a console i own. i refuse to buy any handhelds because i only play video games at home and i don't want to play on a 2 inch screen although i'm sitting in front of a lcd.

so my question is: why the fuck are the fire emblem games not getting released on consoles anymore? just port it to the wii u for fuck's sake.

also fire emblem/tactical RPGs thread i guess. i own a ps4, wii u, ps3 and a 360. any good ones i missed? my favourite from the last few years are the disgaea games and valkyria chronicles.
>>
>>340042143
fucking download a gba emulator and start playing the good fire emblem games
>>
>>340042817
and any good ones for the consoles i mentioned? are the GBA games that good?
>>
>>340043867
FE is pretty much a Nintendo franchise so no PS4, PS3, or 360. The most recent console game is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii. It's a direct sequel to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube.
>>
>>340043992
thanks but i was more talking about tactical rpgs for the systems I mentioned. is radiant dawn any good though?
>>
Fire Emblem is a Nintendo franchise, so it will never appear on a non-Nintendo console unless Nintendo go bankrupt and sell the IP (and all memes aside, that's not happening for a while).

As for the games that you can play, FE7 (known as Fire Emblem in the West) and FE8 (The Sacred Stones) are GBA games available on the Wii U virtual console. Both are pretty good. You can also just emulate on your PC or phone.

There is also Radiant Dawn on the Wii. While it is a solid game, it's a sequel to Path of Radiance on the Gamecube (which is unplayable on the consoles you have) and I'd really recommend playing Path of Radiance before Radiant Dawn.
>>
>>340044978
It has its issues but it's one of my favorite FEs personally. It does some good things mechanically but the story is blah and some of the unit availability sucks ass.
>>
>>340042143
>>340043867
>>340044978

Step 1: Stop being a casual who only plays games if it's on specific consoles.

Step 2: Play good games.
>>
>>340042143
XCOM >>>>>>>> Fire Emblem

Don't deny it
>>
>>340045170
Who honestly cares. Those who prefer XCOM will play that. Those who like FE will play that. And some people will play both.
>>
>>340045013
>As for the games that you can play, FE7 (known as Fire Emblem in the West) and FE8 (The Sacred Stones) are GBA games available on the Wii U virtual console. Both are pretty good. You can also just emulate on your PC or phone.

ohh, that's interesting. i suppose virutal console means that it's really exactly the same as emulating it on pc, right?

>It has its issues but it's one of my favorite FEs personally. It does some good things mechanically but the story is blah and some of the unit availability sucks ass.

thanks man.

>>340045165
i have lots of consoles, just not any handhelds (since the gameboy color). it's just that i simply disagree with the whole philosophy of handhelds. i don't want to get neckpain from playing a fucking videogame, i want to sit in front of my tv and have a good time. thanks for the advice though.
>>
>>340044978
Radiant Dawn has some really good maps, and strategy parts, especially with the army vs. army in part 3, Support conversations and balancing are severely lacking though, so tough luck if you like mages, laguz, or thieves that aren't called Sothe.

Also if you have a Wii you should be able to play PoR on it, although it's hell to find a copy of, but PoR is an all-round great game, only limited by its lack of difficulty
>>
>>340045496
>i suppose virutal console means that it's really exactly the same as emulating it on pc, right?
Well you have to pay for Virtual Console titles and PC emulators let you do a few other things (more than one save state, fast forward, etc.) but if you plan on playing the game normally then they're exactly the same.

>i don't want to get neckpain from playing a fucking videogame
Handheld consoles have backlights now, if you get neck pain from using them then you're probably a retard. It's not really any different from using the Wii U gamepad.
>>
>>340042143
When FE13 was made. It was made with it being the last fire emblem bevause the series qas going to get shitcanned if it didnt turn a profit

The GCN and Wii games were such a blunder that the 2 DS games, remakes woth the most popular lord, just barely broke them even

To break even on a console FE, it would have to sell roughly 1M. FE13 sold just under 1.5M which was considered a miracle and was the best selling FE until 14

So thats why
>>
>>340045940
>Handheld consoles have backlights now, if you get neck pain from using them then you're probably a retard. It's not really any different from using the Wii U gamepad.

maybe you're right. i just have these memories of playing with the old gameboy and the color for hours and always having to adjust after a while because otherwise my neck got stiff as fuck.

okay, hypothetically speaking, which 3ds do people go for nowadays? there are so many models. don't really care about the 3D part. i asumme the new 3ds is the best quality?

>>340046138
interesting. thought the games were more popular.
>>
>>340046603
FE was pretty niche until Awakening which caused a MASSIVE popularity spike. I believe previous games sold in the 100,000-300,000 ballpark give or take. There's this thing going around how FE would be cancelled if they didn't sell 250,000 copies which, after reading more on it, seems like it was the latest scare tactic to the developers since most FE titles tend to be within in that range anyway.
>>
>>340046138
I've only played most of PoR but I can see why it's a blunder. Story blows chunks, whatever voice work there is sucks, the graphics also look quite poor for a game cube game as well.

It's a real shame, since FE type games could easily have much better graphics on something like the PC ala XCOM and VC, and having more options than just shooting is always better.
>>
>>340046778
>since FE type games could easily have much better graphics on something like the PC ala XCOM and VC
Nigga, are you serious? Why does PC have to be dragged into every thread?
>>
>>340046138
Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn sold like shit because they pretty much had no advertising, even in Japan. I guess they overestimated the marketing power of Smash Bros and it backfired heavily. It doesn't help that tactical RPGs are a relatively niche genre to begin with.

>>340046603
The original 3DS and 3DS XL are obselete. The New 3DS and New 3DS XL have more power, more buttons and a second stick (useful if you want to play Monster Hunter, but a lot of games don't use it so that they can be compatible with the original models). The 2DS is a cheaper variant with no 3D capability and none of the additional buttons that the New 3DS has.
>>
>>340046892
Cause Nintendo consoles are weak as shit and the genre has been proven to work on PC? I consider FE better than Xcom/VC in game play but I'm able to tinker with the latter two for a lot more than FE which is just undub.

Why would you not want a FE that doesn't rely on SD/Chibi 3D models and goes full tilt detail? Any new mechanics wouldn't be limited by hardware too.
>>
>>340044978

The reason no one's mentioning your systems is because they're not on them you tucking dildo.

You can get some of the GBA ones on the Wiiu eshop and Radiant Dawn will work on the U's Wii mode.

You ass.
>>
>>340047128
the new 3ds xl also seems to be the only one with an IPS display. looks like that's the one to go for then. thanks.

one last silly question: can i just start with fates or should i play earlier ones before that? thanks for all the help anons.
>>
>>340047759
>The reason no one's mentioning your systems is because they're not on them you tucking dildo.

i think my last 2 sentences made it clear that i was talking about tactical rpgs in general, not just fire emblem.
>>
>>340047769
You can, but Fate is kind weird to say the least. If you're talking in a story meaning, you're pretty much good. There's a bit of a connection to Awakening but you're fine if you don't exactly get it/don't play Awakening first. The way that the FE's go together a bit weird. Some of them are sequels, some are prequels, some take place in the same continent but decades, centuries, etc. later. Just ask if you want to know how some of them connect.
>>
File: 1464761326883.gif (2 MB, 253x183) Image search: [Google]
1464761326883.gif
2 MB, 253x183
>>340045496

I play almost nothing but handhelds and I don't get any neck pain because I'm not a geriatric fuck with weak muscles and osteoporosis. D

'I disagree with handhelds' what kind of absolutionist dick-butler thinks like that?
>>
File: 1462690730525.png (177 KB, 697x768) Image search: [Google]
1462690730525.png
177 KB, 697x768
>>340047842
>Start thread with fire emblem picture
>95% of most talking about fire emblem
>99% of thread talking about fire emblem

Clear as crystal, Captain cock-sucker.
>>
>>340042143
you can get Final Fantasy Tactics on the ps3 shop
>>
>>340047981
you seem slightly offended anon. i already changed my opinion if that makes you happy.

>>340048170
you just have to read the words i typed. difficult i know.
>>
>>340047769
Fates is pretty much completely unconnected from the other FE games aside from a few exceptions (like DLC and some retarded excuses to include popular Awakening characters in the game).

Generally most people recommend to start with FE7 because it was the first FE game to come to the West and the first section of the game acts as a tutorial. But Fates is another fine entry point to the series. I would recommend going back and playing the older ones if you do enjoy it though.
>>
>>340048607
> I would recommend going back and playing the older ones if you do enjoy it though.

yeah, that was the plan. thanks.

will there be another special/limited edition containing all the 3 fates games? they're like 250 euros on amazon, jesus.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.