[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently played Divinity Original Sin and Wasteland 2. Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (60 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
60 KB, 460x215
I recently played Divinity Original Sin and Wasteland 2. Are there any other party-based crpgs that are from this decade and sorta good? I can't get myself to finish PoE, the Shadowrun games kinda bore me and Age of Decadence seems like complete trash. Help me /v/
>>
>>340038445
>I can't get myself to finish PoE
and yet you liked kiddynity unoriginal sin? talking about bad taste
anyway, there's not much more to choose from when it comes to newer games
try fallout tactics if you like combat so much
or kotor 2, jade empire, dragon age origins or mask of the betrayer
that's it
>>
>>340038857
At least Sin had fun gameplay. PoE was a gigantic mess of mediocrity.
>>
>>340038959
the story and the atmosphere of poe alone is worth more than the whole kod repetitive easy gameplay boringness
>>
>>340038857
Get fucked

I loved Original Sin and Pillars, they were both great fucking games but both very different games linked only really by genre.

It's no wonder people like one and not the other, why are you so upset about this?

PoE is a difficult game to get into, and to be honest it isn't very fun unless you really get into the combat system and the story behind it. And this is coming from someone with 3 complete playthroughs of the game.
>>
>>340038445
Satellite Reign
Serpent in the Staglands
Expeditions Conquistador
>>
>>340039143
please, PoEs story is bland as fuck and what atmosphere are you talking about? Even Divinity : OS did world building better and it was full with tounge-in-cheek humor.
>>
File: 1463481898529.png (41 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
1463481898529.png
41 KB, 500x256
>>340039143
>This fucking guy.
>>
>>340038445
What do you like in your RPGs? People tend to put all CRPGs under one umbrella, but that's not really the case.
>>
>>340038445
Planescape Torment?
>>
>>340039143
>atmosphere

PoE has the atmosphere of an old communist block. Just bleak and hopeless shit that doesn't even fit like it does in KotoR 2 for instance.
>>
>>340039343
He said this decade. Torment is 17 years old.
>>
>>340039143
Problem with writing and everything derived from it in PoE was that we got the raw deal aka literally the first script draft they put together because there was no time for revisions.
>>
File: 1464334114044.jpg (62 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
1464334114044.jpg
62 KB, 428x410
>>340039413
>Torment is 17 years old
>>
>>340039169
>why are you so upset about this?
>upset
not upset, just letting the plebs know their place
>>340039230
please, PoEs story is bland as fuck
compared with kiddynity it's a masterpiece
>what atmosphere are you talking about?
too deep for you
>full with tounge-in-cheek humor
oh yes, the famous larian lelsorandum jokes accompanied by shitty circus music

Don't start shit anon, just accept your inferiority and move on
>>
>>340039413
What's the difference? It's not like the formula really has changed.
>>
>>340039570
Honestly anon, it sounds like you're the pleb.

>Not being able to respect a game as good just because you don't personally like it

Go suck a fart you elitist retard.
>>
>>340039583
True. And Torment still looks pretty good even today if you up the resolution a bit.
>>
>>340039143
>>340039230
When I entered the first town for the time I thought the athmosphere was great, I actually liked how bleak it was, but it was lost fast, hard to keep that sort of somber athmosphere when there are little furry guys with big ears running around and people casting all sorts of colorful spells. High fantasy and bleak/somber just dont mix very well.
>>
>>340039489
and that's a fair point
if only more people were like you
>>
>>340039570
>oh yes, the famous larian lelsorandum jokes accompanied by shitty circus music
Div:OS Soundtrack is fucking great you dumb autistic nigger, go choke on a rusty burning nail.
oh yes, the famous larian lelsorandum jokes accompanied by shitty circus music
>>
Is Shadowrun any good?
I bought it like two years ago and still haven't had the inspiration to actually play.
>>
>>340039658
>being able to respect a shit rpg game just because it had somewhat good combat system
play diablo 3
>>340039660
the beauty of pre-rendered backgrounds, shit is timeless
>>
>>340039750
>Div:OS Soundtrack is fucking great you dumb autistic nigger
watch your language degenerate, i'm glad that subhuman is dead
>>
>>340039950
created by a subhuman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyaPqTg3d8c

>dislikes Div:OS like a literal sperg
>muh great PoE story xD
>circus music

literally no taste, google "exit bag" please.
>>
>>340040169
nice enigma wanna be, educate yourself child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osb4UBe7sIU
>>
>>340040349
Stop posting in my thread ever again kys
>>
>>340039824
dragonfall is ok, the party is kinda one note and boring though. i played elf mage and pretty much overshadowed all the party members combat-wise too. the whodunnit plot is predictable enough until the end where the stakes are suddenly upped from nowhere

hong kong's party members are a hell lot more interesting. kowloon walled city also fits much better with the cyberpunk setting than flux state in dragonfall, in fact i never could really empathise with why everyone was so hung up about keeping flux state alive while kowloon grew on me towards the end. played elf mage again and magic is even more op in hong kong but this time the party members could hold their own too. in hong kong, roleplaying is a bit limited because your past is set in stone somewhat but i had fun roleplaying a domineering incestuous older sister to the pc's little brother because it was something that the game let you actually roleplay as

i never played returns, i haven't heard many good things about it
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.